INPUT, INPUT, INPUT Carb Cycling, Velocity Diet, Anabolic Diet/CKD

Train4Life

Awards
I've been sifting through the various forums on this site for a few weeks now, then finally became official. I've been reading about the different types of diets you guys are fond of. I was wondering based on my body size, current diet, and work out schedule what you might recommend.
Diet primarily consists of the following:
Breakfast: 2 egg omlett with tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms.
Morning Snack: Fresh cut friut: Kiwi, pineapple and canteloup.
Lunch: Brown rice with peppers, onions and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil. Cut up Chicken breast all mixed together.
(I usually make a large amount of brown rice, peppers and between 6-8 chicken breasts on Sunday night and eat it all week)
Afternoon snack: Clif Bar energy bar.
Dinner: Salad, low fat dressing and either a couple cans of Tuna or chicken & Rice.
I drink water all day long and will have an occasional diet coke.

I'm 29, 5"10, 216 lbs. B/F not sure. probalby 30-35% plus.
I've been working out for about 3 weeks now and I'm down 6 lbs. I take Nutrex Lipo 6x twice a day and have been for a week now.
My workout consists of the following:
Monday, Chest
Tuesday, Back
Thursday, Shoulders
Friday, Arms
Saturday, Legs
I do 20-30 mins of cardio 4-5 x's a week. Bike, Treadmill & stairs, sometimes combo 2 of these.

Based on the diets in the title, what do you guys suggest? And do you have any links or additional info on these types of diets or what they consist of? Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Be honest, I can take it.
:study:

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
I prefer lower carb diets, if you are looking at a body fat % at 216lbs near 30, it sounds like you may have some insulin resistance or fat motility problems. I have a similar issue and I have seen great results so far with the Anabolic diet/atkins. You will go through a keto-flu, which is when you feel crappy after weening your body off of glucose and start using ketone bodies as your main fuel source. Ketone bodies are resultant of Beta oxidation of triacylglyerols (the stored fat form). A tell tale sign of being in ketosis, is pretty wicked smelling urine and the presence of ketone bodies in the urine (use keto strips). Go two weeks with limiting carbs to under 30 grams a day.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Honestly any of the diets will work as long as you stay dedicated to them. On that note I personally like carb cycling, the anabolic diet is also a really cool ideal, but i personally get really sluggish on high fat diets. What ever you choose just stick with and you will get results. Good Luck

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Drop the candy bar, er clif bar.

Figure out what you need as far as total cals based on where you are now.

Enter your meals into fitday.

you've been dieting and working out for 3 weeks and have dropped 6lbs. Continue doing that, adjusting your diet for every 10lbs you drop.

1-2lbs of fat loss/week is good progress. You don't want to drop faster than that. When what you are doing stops working, then look to change.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I've been sifting through the various forums on this site for a few weeks now, then finally became official. I've been reading about the different types of diets you guys are fond of. I was wondering based on my body size, current diet, and work out schedule what you might recommend.
Diet primarily consists of the following:
Breakfast: 2 egg omlett with tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms.
Morning Snack: Fresh cut friut: Kiwi, pineapple and canteloup.
Lunch: Brown rice with peppers, onions and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil. Cut up Chicken breast all mixed together.
(I usually make a large amount of brown rice, peppers and between 6-8 chicken breasts on Sunday night and eat it all week)
Afternoon snack: Clif Bar energy bar.
Dinner: Salad, low fat dressing and either a couple cans of Tuna or chicken & Rice.
I drink water all day long and will have an occasional diet coke.

I'm 29, 5"10, 216 lbs. B/F not sure. probalby 30-35% plus.
I've been working out for about 3 weeks now and I'm down 6 lbs. I take Nutrex Lipo 6x twice a day and have been for a week now.
My workout consists of the following:
Monday, Chest
Tuesday, Back
Thursday, Shoulders
Friday, Arms
Saturday, Legs
I do 20-30 mins of cardio 4-5 x's a week. Bike, Treadmill & stairs, sometimes combo 2 of these.

Based on the diets in the title, what do you guys suggest? And do you have any links or additional info on these types of diets or what they consist of? Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Be honest, I can take it.
:study:
I'd get on the AD diet. Start with the 12 day induction phase. Less than 30 carbs a day, but with adequate fiber. The AD diet seems to work well for endo's like you and me.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Drop the candy bar, er clif bar.

Figure out what you need as far as total cals based on where you are now.

Enter your meals into fitday.

you've been dieting and working out for 3 weeks and have dropped 6lbs. Continue doing that, adjusting your diet for every 10lbs you drop.

1-2lbs of fat loss/week is good progress. You don't want to drop faster than that. When what you are doing stops working, then look to change.

IMO the first 20-30 lb's could be dropped much more rapidly than 1 lb a week. More like 3-5.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep thinking about velocity as well. I may do that in march

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I keep thinking about velocity as well. I may do that in march
That is fun. You would not believe the time that you 'gain' back by not cooking.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its simple too. basically figure out how many shakes you need to reach 1g protein/lb, and then on workout days add a postworkout drink with carbs. Add supplements, bam. Not much to remember other than add fiber to 2 shakes, and natty pb to the prebed one. I like the not having to remember or count anything

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
its simple too. basically figure out how many shakes you need to reach 1g protein/lb, and then on workout days add a postworkout drink with carbs. Add supplements, bam. Not much to remember other than add fiber to 2 shakes, and natty pb to the prebed one. I like the not having to remember or count anything
Yeah, did it last year to knock some belly fat off fast.

Train4Life

Awards
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, quick question about your posts

What exactly is carb cycling?
As far as fitday.com, it tells me that my daily maint. is in the 2300 area. Based on thier weight calculations it says I'm severly overweight. I know I've got a belly from the beer and lack of exercise but would necessarily consider myself obese. Also, what did you mean by adjusting my diet for ever 10 lbs I lose? are you referring to recalculating my daily calorie maint levels from fitday.com?
As far as sticking with the am diet and keeping fiber intake up, should i consider looking for a colon cleanse suppl? To really clear my system out.
As far as not cooking, what do you suggest?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
What exactly is carb cycling?
As far as fitday.com, it tells me that my daily maint. is in the 2300 area. Based on thier weight calculations it says I'm severly overweight. I know I've got a belly from the beer and lack of exercise but would necessarily consider myself obese. Also, what did you mean by adjusting my diet for ever 10 lbs I lose? are you referring to recalculating my daily calorie maint levels from fitday.com?
Yes. Otherwise you will see weight loss stall.

As far as sticking with the am diet and keeping fiber intake up, should i consider looking for a colon cleanse suppl? To really clear my system out.
No, they are BS.

As far as not cooking, what do you suggest?

The V-Diet is the 'no cook' diet. 28 days of shakes, with a healthy 'cheat' once a week. It's expensive, but it will knock the fat off fast. You've only been at this for a few weeks. Stick with normal 'dieting', ie eating clean, often and just below maint and working out. If you can stay consistent for a few months, then plan ahead and try the V-Diet when weight loss stalls and other little tricks (refeeds, etc.) stop working.

If you don't have the where-with-all to stick with 'clean' eating for a bit, the V-Diet would crush you.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Based on thier weight calculations it says I'm severly overweight. I know I've got a belly from the beer and lack of exercise but would necessarily consider myself obese.
These calculators can be off. For a great example of how far off this is a pic of Jomi822

He's 6'4, 274lbs, and on a calculator he's obese. But honestly in your case its probably accurate. At your height at likely muscle levels you still are :) I know, i'm the same height, now at 195lbs, down from a peak of 245. Calculators show me as overweight still, and i am. I'm approaching it now as the "add muscle while loosing fat" rather than working on scale weight, but it takes longer.

215 isnt too bad though. but the mirror and pictures don't lie.