Need some input on diet

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Current weight is 200lbs at 6 foot
(just cut down for 225).
Trying to put on as much mass as possible.

I’m a true fatty. I have no issues eating.

My current macros are

Low days- 4 days a week
Carbs-660
Protein-216
Fats-62
Around 4000 calories

High day- 3 days a week
Carbs- 930
Protein- 232
Fat- 59
Around 5400 calories

I’m trying to put on size and I don’t care about getting fat.

Currently on 4 day spit with cardio 6 days a week 40 min a day Hr between 110-120

What are your thoughts on my current macros?Should I add more protein? Keep carbs the same?

I’ve ran gear but not on anything currently.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi or low days I would keep the protein UP always. I never lower protein for any reason other than inability to digest. If gaining weight is the overall goal I would dial back the cardio to 20mins only LIGHTLY just to keep the appetite up.

I would also switch the low/high days around so you have more high days and less low days. At a certain point I would further reduce the low days to 2/week and then 1/week as progress stalls, basic progression with total intake. At 900g/carbs I don't see a point in pushing those higher and would be looking at fat increases when needed.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
660gm of carbs is not a low day lol. It's called high day and 900 Is a crazy high day. Your macros won't really matter because your in a significant surplus, probably a 1000 calorie or more surplus.

If your goal is gain as much weight as possible then you gotta eat as much as possible, tho I'm not sure why you wanna add a bunch of fat as soon as you got done cutting/loosing weight. Your just gonna end back up at where you started

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
660gm of carbs is not a low day lol. It's called high day and 900 Is a crazy high day. Your macros won't really matter because your in a significant surplus, probably a 1000 calorie or more surplus.

If your goal is gain as much weight as possible then you gotta eat as much as possible, tho I'm not sure why you wanna add a bunch of fat as soon as you got done cutting/loosing weight. Your just gonna end back up at where you started

I’m currently losing weight with these macros. I don’t want to lose any muscle. I’m not ready to start bulking again. But I want to get some input on these macros and make a plan to bulk soon.

I enjoy eating, so I enjoy bulking

How far down do you think I should cut?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't know how to answer that, "how far should you cut".

It depends on your goals. If you have a desired look the. You should cut till you see what you want in the mirror.

If your goal is to eventually bulk and build as much muscle as possible then you should (imo) cut till you hit single digit body fat. You want to get as lean as possible before a bulk because then you have more room to bulk before you get too far again.

Most ppl will do just fine keeping there protein and fat relatively the same year round and just raising and lowering carbs to meet there needs.