Meal structure input needed

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thinking today I was looking to test out the following
Currently on 4/day meals. It fits my schedule the best.

The two furthest meals from training will be
30g F
60g P
10-20g C
10g Fiber

Two closest pre/post will be
0-10g fat
100g C
60g P
15g Fiber

Des anyone have thoughts of pros and cons on this versus splitting things equally across 4 meals?
Main theory being separating fats from carbs as I use GDA with carbs meals.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As long as you are really hitting your overall targets for the day leading to the appropriate amounts over longer time periods like the week it won't make a huge difference.

That said you might receive some benefits consistently pushing the carbs more around training than evenly spread out (also depending on training style) and it is something I tend to do as well.

I'd probably not as drastically split them like that, maybe more like 75-80 and 25-30 between the meals because I just like carbs and don't want to go any meals without some, but your plan should be perfectly fine.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
As long as you are really hitting your overall targets for the day leading to the appropriate amounts over longer time periods like the week it won't make a huge difference.

That said you might receive some benefits consistently pushing the carbs more around training than evenly spread out (also depending on training style) and it is something I tend to do as well.

I'd probably not as drastically split them like that, maybe more like 75-80 and 25-30 between the meals because I just like carbs and don't want to go any meals without some, but your plan should be perfectly fine.
I agree with this. I usually get most of my carbs pre and post training. Right now I'm cycling my carbs eating high carb on training days and low carb on off days, making up the calories with mostly extra protein. But eating most of your carbs pre and post workout is pretty common, so nothing to worry about.