Is it time to cut or bulk?

jhferry

Awards
Hi Everyone,

My little one is finally starting to sleep a little after 9 months. Unfortunatly, Im about 22% BF now. I have some SAN blaze, lean green and sesathin. I was thinking of cutting 40/40/20 but then I thought, it is winter coming up. Maybe I should just bulk at maintenance for awhile and save the cut for the new year? What do you guys think?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was thinking of cutting 40/40/20 but then I thought, it is winter coming up. Maybe I should just bulk at maintenance for awhile and save the cut for the new year? What do you guys think?
Bulking at maintenance is a contradiction. If you have laid off for a while you will likely get some muscle memory (muscle volume) and your increased energy expenditure should result in a recomp with little effort.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
If I were you I would cut down to the low teens. Get yourself to a point where you think you look pretty good. Then, lean bulk so that you don't gain too much pudge and won't have as much work to do come March. If you cut gradually and you nail your diet you can add a bit of muscle while cutting.

jhferry

Awards
Bulking at maintenance is a contradiction. If you have laid off for a while you will likely get some muscle memory (muscle volume) and your increased energy expenditure should result in a recomp with little effort.
Yeah, lol I guess it is. Well I guess at 22% I need to cut it down some. There is plenty of time to bulk next year.