Bulking/Cutting Question

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is my second time bulking and cutting. I did a bulk last Aug-mid November then did a 6-week cut till the new year. I’ve been bulking since Jan. 1 and am going to continue till the end of April followed by a 7 week cut.

How long do you bulk for and how many pounds do you aim to gain? Im
Doing 4 months and 10lb.

When you cut do you run a simi
Program to what you were on when bulking or lower volume slightly?

I found when I started bulking again I actually lost weight initially and was at my lowest weight and BF like 3 weeks into my bulk. Then everything went up after that. Is that a sign that my intake was too low? Or maybe use a slight refeed week after a few weeks. I just found it interesting that I even looked
Better at Week2/3 of my bulk.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I bulk until my abs start to dissappear, once my abs are pretty much gone I went too far. As for cutting, you need lo ger slower cuts if you wanna maintain muscle. Cutting 1-2lbs a week is pretty standard. Say your 200lbs @20% bf. That means you got 40lbs of fat. If you wanna get to 10% you need to loose 20lbs. That's a 10-20 week cut.

If yiur only concern is loosing weight then sky is the limit, but if yiur goal is purely fat loss then I suggest 1% of your total bodyweight per week.

If you weight 175 then you aim to loose 1 to 1.75lbs a week

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
When you do a cut are you basically running the same training program? I was thinking of going either just slightly lower or every two weeks lower volume just a little to keep up with the deficit.

A 7-week cut at 1.25lbs a week would be fine. That’s 8.5lbs total.

do you guys use refeed days during the cuts. Again, when I started to increase carbs the first two weeks of my bulk after a 6-week cut my weight actually dropped a little more as well as BF. That was unexpected.