GDA and sugar issues??

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Running a mild GDA on and off to see how it affects me. I’m hypoglycemic with a history of intense insulin spikes that drop my sugar rather low... 30s-50s. I wanted to try this out during my cut to see how it worked for my training but also to see how it affects my blood sugar. I have the “Now!” Brand “Glucose Metabolic support” since it looked a bit milder than others but still had good reviews. Wanted to do RPG by Redcon1 but shelling out the money for something I wasn’t sure of didn’t seem like a good idea. Anyways, I’m supposed to take 1 capsule with three meals per day and I’ve tried two times so far and my blood sugar stayed at 90-100 remarkably! No spikes or anything to speak of. How many carbs should I eat before taking one of these though and how could this affect my training? Also on 200mg of laxogenin ed and 200mg of 7-oxo DHEA ed.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
You're probably better off keeping your blood sugar stable via a very low carbohydrate diet.
What you're taking works now but as your insulin resistance increases you'll still get reactive hypoglycemia even with tablets.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
How many carbs should I eat before taking one of these though and how could this affect my training? Also on 200mg of laxogenin ed and 200mg of 7-oxo DHEA ed.
Typically 25-50g of carbs are what is recommended after using a GDA. If you do decide to use this before a preworkout meal, make sure that you have 2+ hours before stepping into the gym. GDA's can be very helpful, but if you'd had issues with going hypo it would be best to play it safe and give your body some time before training. Low blood sugar and heavy weights could be a dangerous combo.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also dont want to take a GDA right after working out

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
Supplements 4
double s Supplement Logs 7