GDA Question

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have gotten interested recently in GDA’s. Are they best used in a cut or a bulk? I could see the benefit to use in both situations.

I see there are GDA products and then Berberine solo. What products do you guys use?

best to use daily or just preworkout?

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
In to follow whatever people say… admit to get a little skeptical about the effect berberine has on protein-synthesis. Would love to know how people counteract that

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The GDA category has gotten confusing over the years because the original definition of the category is/was products that were meant to help your body more efficiently use carbohydrates to build muscle &/or lose fat. Then over the years, brands started calling products GDA's that were basically just blood sugar control products.

Both types of products have their uses, but it became confusing to a lot of people because there were really two completely different things being lumped into one category.

Regardless which type you go with, you would want to use them daily for best results.

A lot of people prefer GlucoVantage XT over regular Berberine because regular Berberine has a tendency to upset people's stomachs, especially at higher dosing. GlucoVantage is a branded ingredient from NNB that is dihydroberberine which has 5x the absorption of regular berberine with a better half life. That allows people to take 200 to 300 mg. GlucoVantage per day which would be the equivalent to 1000 to 1500 mg. of regular Berberine without it bothering their stomach.

@akboom87 posted last night about how much he liked GlucoVantage XT and verified how much it helped via blood sugar meter, so I hope he doesn't mind me tagging him in this post.

Now, if the goal is to use a true GDA, meaning one that is designed to help you make your carbs work for you and not against you, then GlycoPhase is a very popular option. GlycoPhase is very popular and sells out fast when it comes back in stock. There will be a restock on it within the next 2 weeks. Flexit is the only retailer I'm aware of at the moment that still has any in stock.

Here is a full write up on GlucoVantage XT:

Here is a full write up on GlycoPhase:

Jensing

Awards
The GDA category has gotten confusing over the years because the original definition of the category is/was products that were meant to help your body more efficiently use carbohydrates to build muscle &/or lose fat. Then over the years, brands started calling products GDA's that were basically just blood sugar control products.

Both types of products have their uses, but it became confusing to a lot of people because there were really two completely different things being lumped into one category.

Regardless which type you go with, you would want to use them daily for best results.

A lot of people prefer GlucoVantage XT over regular Berberine because regular Berberine has a tendency to upset people's stomachs, especially at higher dosing. GlucoVantage is a branded ingredient from NNB that is dihydroberberine which has 5x the absorption of regular berberine with a better half life. That allows people to take 200 to 300 mg. GlucoVantage per day which would be the equivalent to 1000 to 1500 mg. of regular Berberine without it bothering their stomach.

@akboom87 posted last night about how much he liked GlucoVantage XT and verified how much it helped via blood sugar meter, so I hope he doesn't mind me tagging him in this post.

Now, if the goal is to use a true GDA, meaning one that is designed to help you make your carbs work for you and not against you, then GlycoPhase is a very popular option. GlycoPhase is very popular and sells out fast when it comes back in stock. There will be a restock on it within the next 2 weeks. Flexit is the only retailer I'm aware of at the moment that still has any in stock.

How would you suggest you use GlycoPhase in a cut vs. bulk? I've tried the product and like it, but I always get confused by the different suggestions of pre workout meal vs. post workout meal vs. any carb meal vs. fasted cardio, etc.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

No worries on the tag!
Just to clarify my wife uses the Gluco Vantage XT.
Long story short my wife had gestational diabetes while pregnant with are daughter. She managed to keep it under control with diet during pregnancy. After birth she was still having trouble keeping her glucose numbers in check. She started using Gluco Vantage XT in April and has been in it since. I don’t know the numbers off the top of my head from the meter readings, but she has not had a high number since starting. She does watch her carb intake and certain carbs can spike her numbers higher than others. For instance same grams of rice vs pasta the rice effect is higher. She takes 1 pill about 30 minutes before meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and has not had a high number yet.
For testing there was a week she did not use Gluco Vantage XT, she had several high readings that week eating the same as previously. So for her it’s a staple.

Now for the record my wife does have PCOS and that is a whole other topic but that plays a role in her issues with insulin sensitivity.

Not sure if this helps the OP really but gives some insight to what Gluco Vantage XT can do blood sugar wise.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No worries on the tag!
Just to clarify my wife uses the Gluco Vantage XT.
Long story short my wife had gestational diabetes while pregnant with are daughter. She managed to keep it under control with diet during pregnancy. After birth she was still having trouble keeping her glucose numbers in check. She started using Gluco Vantage XT in April and has been in it since. I don’t know the numbers off the top of my head from the meter readings, but she has not had a high number since starting. She does watch her carb intake and certain carbs can spike her numbers higher than others. For instance same grams of rice vs pasta the rice effect is higher. She takes 1 pill about 30 minutes before meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and has not had a high number yet.
For testing there was a week she did not use Gluco Vantage XT, she had several high readings that week eating the same as previously. So for her it’s a staple.

Now for the record my wife does have PCOS and that is a whole other topic but that plays a role in her issues with insulin sensitivity.

Not sure if this helps the OP really but gives some insight to what Gluco Vantage XT can do blood sugar wise.
Thank you. I remembered that your wife was using it; I didn't remember if you were using it yourself.

I hope it does help the OP and other people reading - because it kind of exemplifies a bit of the difference I was talking about between using things for blood sugar control versus something like GlycoPhase, which can be used to help with blood sugar control but can also be used for as some would say, carb manipulation, in the sense to help make your carbs work for you in terms of building muscle and losing fat.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How would you suggest you use GlycoPhase in a cut vs. bulk? I've tried the product and like it, but I always get confused by the different suggestions of pre workout meal vs. post workout meal vs. any carb meal vs. fasted cardio, etc.
GlycoPhase is versatile and can be used in a carb or a bulk and it can also be used in a lower, medium, or higher carb diet environment.

It can be used different ways depending on desired goals and your own individual diet.

For me, for bulking, lean bulking, and recomp - I use it with my 2 to 3 highest carb meals of the day. I don't use it pre or post but that's because my carb choice pre and post is HBCD; if I were using a carb more like oats or brown rice I probably would be.

For fat loss, a lot of people use 2 caps with their 2 larger carb meals of the day or some people will use 1 cap with 4 lower carb meals if they aren't doing high carb meals.

With the way it works, the cool thing about is that there is almost no wrong way to do it.

Here is a link to a review that @TheMrMuscle did on GlycoPhase and I tagged him so he may reply here too. He is extremely strict about his dieting and I think he's used GlycoPhase in just about every scenario so he can provide some great input.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@sns8778

I know you did a write-up on they can both be used together, now I cannot locate it lol. For someone looking to use both products in a daily routine, what would recommend their scheduling and dosing per each be? Sorry to ask you to answer that again.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778

I know you did a write-up on they can both be used together, now I cannot locate it lol. For someone looking to use both products in a daily routine, what would recommend their scheduling and dosing per each be? Sorry to ask you to answer that again.
No worries, it took me a little while of searching and I found a couple of different things I've written that you may be talking about. I'm going to just copy and paste them here, so if the context seems a bit off, that's why haha.

Post 1:

GlycoPhase:
GlycoPhase is a GDA in the truest sense in that it is designed to be a true GDA, whereas a lot of products that call themselves GDA's now days are really just blood sugar control products - the difference being that true GDA's are designed to help the body harness the potential of insulin for fat loss and muscle gain.

This is a must for me and many others when lean bulking or focusing on recomp.

GlucoVantage XT:
GlucoVantage XT is considered a GDA but is more geared towards helping balance blood sugar, improve insulin sensitivity, and the fat loss aspects whereas the above GlycoPhase is more geared towards carbohydrate utilization.

Many people ask if GlycoPhase and GlucoVantage XT can be taken together and the answer is yes, definitely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post 2:

GlucoVantage and Agmatine work completely differently, so there's no way to really compare the two - other than to say that Agmatine is a great ingredient as part of an overall GDA, whereas GlucoVantage XT is great for blood sugar control as well as fat loss, general health, and anti-aging and longevity benefits.

We get a lot of people that ask - which is better between GlucoVantage XT and GlycoPhase (which contains Agmatine) - so I understand where the question came from, and a lot of it is caused by companies mis-marketing products &/or not even understanding their own products and ingredients, by marketing blood sugar control products as GDA's.

When we get asked which is better between GlucoVantage XT and GlycoPhase, here is the way I explain it:

GlycoPhase:
GlycoPhase is a true GDA, as in what a GDA should be. A lot of products on the market now days are blood sugar control products that are marketed as GDA's for sales pitches, but aren't actually a GDA. A real GDA like GlycoPhase is meant to make your carbs work for you, not against you. If one thinks of natural test boosters as the natural equivalent of testosterone injections, one would similarly think of a GDA as a natural equivalent to insulin, which is commonly used to help build muscle and lose fat thru carbohydrate manipulation.

GlucoVantage XT:
GlucoVantage is 5x as strong as Berberine and has a better half life; so 300 mg. per day of GlucoVantage XT is like taking 1500 mg. or more of Berberine. And Berberine in general works more along the lines of Metformin.

GlucoVantage XT is great for anti-aging, longevity, and blood sugar control properties. It helps with insulin sensitivity, etc. It is useful whether you are trying to lose fat or build muscle, whether you're low carb or high carb or moderate carb, and gives you many of the benefits that one would hope to achieve health wise through eating a diet low in sugar, losing fat, etc.

GlucoVantage XT is a good option for a daily use general health supplement, and berberine is extremely popular in the anti-aging and longevity communities as a natural alternative to berberine.

Can they be used together?
Absolutely. This is where I think a lot of people get confused - they aren't an either or thing.

Personal Use Example:
I've used GlucoVantage XT since I started cleaning my diet up in Feb. and will continue to use it daily as a general health supplement (plus I'm still trying to lean down). But even if my goals change, I will still continue to use it daily because of its benefits with helping improve insulin sensitivity, helping stay leaner, and helping with blood sugar, etc.

I was able to start back training last week, and I've been upping my quality carbs. We are out of GlycoPhase, but I like it enough that I actually just bought a bottle back from a retailer myself so I can start using it as I'm now still trying to get leaner and also trying to build back muscle too. I will use it 2 caps twice per day before meals with at least 40 carbs each.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post 3:

I had broke down a more in depth reasoning in a previous post in this thread where I explained the differences and what each is used for.

GlycoPhase contains berberine, but there is a lot more to it than just berberine; and it is designed for a different purpose. GlycoPhase is a true GDA, which would be used with moderate to high carb meals, in order to help your carbs work for you.

GlucoVantage XT is a superior form of Berberine (plus Cinnamon), which is used for blood sugar control, as well as for anti-aging, longevity, and many overall health benefits.

A lot of people cannot take high dose berberine because it upsets their stomach - with GlucoVantage XT having 5x better absorption than regular berberine, 3 capsules per day is like taking 1500 mg. of regular berberine.

So, if taking GlycoPhase, which has 500 mg. of regular berberine, then one would simply make the adjustment to 2 GlucoVantage XT per day; and that would be the benefits of GlycoPhase + the benefits of high dose berberine from GlucoVantage XT, in a stomach friendly dose with a better half life.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778

In simple terms, for anyone that doesn't feel like reading all the details above:

This is how & why a lot of people like to stack GlycoPhase and GlucoVantage XT.

A lot of people cannot take high dose berberine because it upsets their stomach - with GlucoVantage XT having 5x better absorption than regular berberine, 3 capsules per day is like taking 1500 mg. of regular berberine.

So, if taking GlycoPhase, which has 500 mg. of regular berberine, then one would simply make the adjustment to 2 GlucoVantage XT per day; and that would be the benefits of GlycoPhase + the benefits of high dose berberine from GlucoVantage XT, in a stomach friendly dose with a better half life.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did not know glyco had saffron in it. Is it use for mood when dieting?

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In simple terms, for anyone that doesn't feel like reading all the details above:

This is how & why a lot of people like to stack GlycoPhase and GlucoVantage XT.

amazing, thank you as always, I do appreciate your time in responding, truly.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I did not know glyco had saffron in it. Is it use for mood when dieting?
No, its used for its GDA benefits. It may have mood benefits as well, but that's not why it was included.

Here is the excerpt from the GlycoPhase write up:

Saffron:
Saffron is one of the most underrated glucose disposal agents currently available. It works via multiple methods to directly influence glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity in muscle cells, promoting muscle pumps, and improved blood glucose clearance. (6, 9) It strongly increases cell insulin sensitivity through insulin dependent and non-insulin dependent pathways, and has a major role in promoting Glut-4 transport through AMPK activation. (6, 9)

Glucose transport into skeletal muscle is regulated by 2 distinct pathways. One of which is AMPK and the other is PI 3-Kinase. (2, 6, 9) The P 3-Kinase pathways include activation of Akt, which promotes glycogen synthesis and activation of key enzymes responsible for Glut-4 translocation. AMPK on the other hand plays a vital role in glucose and lipid metabolism. Both pathways increase phosphorylation of mitogen-activated kinase (MAPK) which participates in full activation of insulin-stimulated glucose uptake via GLUT-4. Saffron actives both pathways, hence its effectiveness in clearing blood glucose into skeletal muscle and, where too much glucose is shuttled, it is able to facilitate its preference to glycogen storage over adipose tissue storage. (2, 6, 9)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great information here, I am going to have to set some time aside, and go back and readit all :unsure:

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here is a link to a review that @TheMrMuscle did on GlycoPhase and I tagged him so he may reply here too. He is extremely strict about his dieting and I think he's used GlycoPhase in just about every scenario so he can provide some great input.

Thanks for the tag and the kind words.

I absolutely love GlycoPhase and im eagerly awaiting its restock. Like @sns8778 said, ive used it alot and its probably in my top 3 of favorite supplements of all time. GDA's had gotten a bum rep and many misunderstands its true purpose. For me its a nutrition partitioning supplement. So no matter if im in a surplus or defecit I want my body to be able to absorb as much of the nutrients im getting as possible.

I usually do 2 caps with my pre-workout meal, 1 cap with my post workout meal and 1 cap with my pre bed meal. Each of these meals are between 50 and 100g of carbs.

Effect i feel is of course a better performance in the gym, better pump, better digestion, more sustained energy and better all day fullness.

This is a 10/10 product and id recommend it to anyone who is serious about their diet.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great Review @TheMrMuscle Thank you !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21