Consuming sugar while using GDA

Mikextimtim

Awards
I've been trying to find an answer to this, but is it okay to eat consume sugar (ice cream, fruits, cereal, etc) while using a GDA? or does that defeat the purpose? I know GDA's are typically for carbs but let's say i have a cheat meal full of carbs and then I decide to eat some fruits full of sugar. Will that nullify the glucose uptake in your muscles? I am kind of confused. I've read on a bunch of posts of logs here and i've seen people eat ice cream, cream cheese, etc. while using a GDA but i never found a clear cut answer.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You are fine to eat sugar in the same way you are fine even if not taking a GDA.

It’s going to be highly dependent on scenario and ingredients, but most aren’t going to truly be sending glucose to just muscles anyways.

Feel free to take it before foods with higher sugar content if needed as they’ll still perform the intended benefits depending on moa (decrease levels of blood glucose, inhibit absorption of carbs, etc).

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been trying to find an answer to this, but is it okay to eat consume sugar (ice cream, fruits, cereal, etc) while using a GDA? or does that defeat the purpose? I know GDA's are typically for carbs but let's say i have a cheat meal full of carbs and then I decide to eat some fruits full of sugar. Will that nullify the glucose uptake in your muscles? I am kind of confused. I've read on a bunch of posts of logs here and i've seen people eat ice cream, cream cheese, etc. while using a GDA but i never found a clear cut answer.
GDAs work by effectively partitioning carbs. Sugars are carbs thats why people use them (gdas) sooo often with cheat meals. The short answer to your question is yes, they work with sugar but you're still eating sugar. Its like damage control its not a magic solution.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Like the others have said, it's why many people use a GDA. Just know that it's not a free pass to eat as much sugar as you want.