GDA Timing

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've always taken my GDA supplements on an empty stomach, but would it loose any effectiveness if you were to take it with or half an hour after a coffee or diet soda?

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don’t think so. I try to take mine 20 min prior to a meal. But, when I was taking MK-677 I’d take a Gda with it right b4 bed, 3hrs after last meal.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've always taken my GDA supplements on an empty stomach, but would it loose any effectiveness if you were to take it with or half an hour after a coffee or diet soda?
I try my best to take mine 20 to 30 minutes prior to a meal but a lot of times that may be washed down with an energy drink, so I don't think that taking it with coffee or a diet drink would hurt anything.

There are times where I forget to time it before the meal and wind up taking it with the meal; not the best way to do it, but better than not taking it.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I also find that if I order food for a cheat meal, take it too soon and don’t time the delivery time correct I feel “funny”

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You should be taking your gda with your high carb meals. Carbs are glucose, gda is a glucose disposal agent. Why are you trying to take it fasted.....

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You should be taking your gda with your high carb meals. Carbs are glucose, gda is a glucose disposal agent. Why are you trying to take it fasted.....
I'm not sure, but I think he may mean that as in taking them 30 minutes prior to meals.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not sure, but I think he may mean that as in taking them 30 minutes prior to meals.
I don't think so. Mainly because he says if he takes it a hour after a soda or coffee. Unless he wakes up and has a diet soda or coffee and then waits a hour to take his gda and then another 30 min till he eats his meal.... it just dosent really make sense to me. Unless he goes like 8 hrs between meals and on his second meal he is on a empty stomach again.

Sorry if I'm not explaining that right. After meal 1 your never really on a empty stomach if you are eating 3-5x a day.

So when would it be possible he's on a empty stomach Unless it's the chain of events I listed above?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't think so. Mainly because he says if he takes it a hour after a soda or coffee. Unless he wakes up and has a diet soda or coffee and then waits a hour to take his gda and then another 30 min till he eats his meal.... it just dosent really make sense to me. Unless he goes like 8 hrs between meals and on his second meal he is on a empty stomach again.

Sorry if I'm not explaining that right. After meal 1 your never really on a empty stomach if you are eating 3-5x a day.

So when would it be possible he's on a empty stomach Unless it's the chain of events I listed above?
A lot of GDA suggested use panels to say to take __ capsules 30 minutes prior to a meal on an empty stomach.

It's a question that we get asked all the time and that's why I took it the way that I did.

Also, there are a lot of people that do still use certain GDA's (not all) when they are doing low carbs. For example, I use GlucoVantage XT year round for its overall health benefits and right now, I'm doing a quick cut and doing high protein and low carbs and I'm still using it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A lot of GDA suggested use panels to say to take __ capsules 30 minutes prior to a meal on an empty stomach.

It's a question that we get asked all the time and that's why I took it the way that I did.

Also, there are a lot of people that do still use certain GDA's (not all) when they are doing low carbs. For example, I use GlucoVantage XT year round for its overall health benefits and right now, I'm doing a quick cut and doing high protein and low carbs and I'm still using it.
You ever feel hypo doing it with low carbs? If I take 500 berberine and 1000 cinnamon before breakfast on my high day (and something happens where I gotta skip the meal or wait too long) I will feel sick and hypo. Not at any other meal only when I'm truly fasted I guess

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You ever feel hypo doing it with low carbs? If I take 500 berberine and 1000 cinnamon before breakfast on my high day (and something happens where I gotta skip the meal or wait too long) I will feel sick and hypo. Not at any other meal only when I'm truly fasted I guess
No, I've never had any issues with it myself.

When I'm doing carbs (which is most of the time), I do 1 capsule 3x per day. When I'm super low carb like now, I only do 1 capsule 2x per day. I time them before meals that do contain a few carbs, but very low - for example, a protein shake that may have 5 grams or a protein bar that may have 20 grams but low net carbs. I eat one Daryl's bar a day so I can take my vitamins; I can't take vitamins on an empty stomach or just a shake bc I take a lot of vitamins.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take mine about 20-30 minutes before a carb containing meal, but have always taken them fasted. But wanted to know if having something, such as coffee, in your system when you take it would decrease the effectiveness

Last edited: