What Body Fat % am I???

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    The eating aspect of this bulk won’t be an issue. I’m hungry constantly and I can really throw down a lot of grub. I’m actually an ectomorph, if you believe in those categories. I was always 155-160 lbs through high school and into my early 20s (and I’m 6’1). I was an all league basketball player and could run up and down the court all day, but stamina was all we worked on. Our team’s strength training was a joke. Then I went through a phase for a few years were I was making bad choices that were destroying my health, I only weighed 150 lbs, and I finally decided to get myself in order, started eating healthy and working out, ballooned all the way up to 200 because I overdid the eating and wanted to get there way to fast. I spent about a year working out at home doing mostly calisthenics and fighter-type workouts (I love boxing). The next year I started going to the gym but my workouts were predominantly isolation movements, and the compound movements I’d do were with dumbbells. This year I added some of the powerlifts but consistentcy hasn’t been there for me because of an injury. Now I’m finally healthy enough to pretty much do any type of lift again.

    Well that was a little bit of my back story, but there is a question at the end of this. If I start making heavy compound movements my main focus when pursuing a more bulky looking musculature, should I stick to the medium to high rep range like a bodybuilder (let’s say 8-15 reps), or should I go close to my heaviest most the time like a power lifter (so more like 1-5 reps)? Obviously doing both is an option but there’s only so much time in a week, so which one should be my focus?

    Thanks for any input. I’m glad I made this thread, it’s been productive.
    IMHO, it doesn't matter. Both approaches lead to strength and hypertrophy. Maybe, considering your love for boxing, you should go the higher volume - less weight route, to keep mobility -and speed.
    I am hairy all over, like the crotch of a menopausal hippie woman.


  2. I've tried this road you are on man. Keto and cardio mixed with high rep, low weight resistance workout does not work, for me at least. Carbs are not bad, I cant stand when people chastise it. I guarantee if you start eating clean carbs [100-150g] and then start lifting very heavy... you will look bigger. LBM at 20% BF looks bigger than flat muscle at 15% BF. Just sayin. I dont overdue it on carbs, but I dont ccut them out totally.
    •   
       


  3. I just tried to go heavy on the bench and felt like I was gonna f*ck up my shoulder again. I should’ve known I’m not ready for it. Eating in a big surplus should help me recover faster though. It’s been 4 months since I injured it and I’m still only doing my shoulder isolation exercises at 50-75% of the weight I used to use. So for now I’ll have to stick with medium to light weight.
    @mikeymike85 - I was probably quite a bit under 150g of carbs on most days for the last couple months. I was getting a lot of my carbs from fruit. I’m getting out of that “carbs are bad” mindset now. I’ll probably add 5 lbs in the first week just from holding more water and muscle glycogen.

  4. I dont preach using gear, but if you know what you're doing, I think dmz would help you out too.... calorie deficit on dmz should change your physique substantially

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mikeymike85 View Post
    I dont preach using gear, but if you know what you're doing, I think dmz would help you out too.... calorie deficit on dmz should change your physique substantially
    I’ll be natty for a while now but I have heard DMZ is super powerful. Some people say it increases anxiety and panic though which worries me. I was thinking about tbol when I run my next cycle. I’ll do some research on DMZ in the mean time.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    I just tried to go heavy on the bench and felt like I was gonna f*ck up my shoulder again. I should’ve known I’m not ready for it. Eating in a big surplus should help me recover faster though. It’s been 4 months since I injured it and I’m still only doing my shoulder isolation exercises at 50-75% of the weight I used to use. So for now I’ll have to stick with medium to light weight.
    @mikeymike85 - I was probably quite a bit under 150g of carbs on most days for the last couple months. I was getting a lot of my carbs from fruit. I’m getting out of that “carbs are bad” mindset now. I’ll probably add 5 lbs in the first week just from holding more water and muscle glycogen.
    I had shoulder issues too.
    Instead of bench, I do elevated push ups with handles, switching from regular tempo to 4:1:1 (4 seconds lowering). After 1 year of doing that and DB hex presses, I tried if I could BB bench. Guess what... I did 11 reps with 225lbs and a few reps with 265lbs. Meaning: Elevated push ups are a valid substitute for bench press. Cant complain about an underdeveloped chest either.
    I am hairy all over, like the crotch of a menopausal hippie woman.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    Iíll be natty for a while now but I have heard DMZ is super powerful. Some people say it increases anxiety and panic though which worries me. I was thinking about tbol when I run my next cycle. Iíll do some research on DMZ in the mean time.
    Dmz is great. Its the best ive taken so far for changing body comp. I could eat like a horse and get leaner. Loved it

  8. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I had shoulder issues too.
    Instead of bench, I do elevated push ups with handles, switching from regular tempo to 4:1:1 (4 seconds lowering). After 1 year of doing that and DB hex presses, I tried if I could BB bench. Guess what... I did 11 reps with 225lbs and a few reps with 265lbs. Meaning: Elevated push ups are a valid substitute for bench press. Cant complain about an underdeveloped chest either.
    This is solid advice. I used to be a push-up addict and would switch up variations but I predominately stuck to standard push-ups. I was a little obsessed with the rep number but that’s not what it’s all about. I like the elevated push-up with pausing idea. The way I used to do them only built muscle endurance rather than bulk. Somehow doing 500 push-ups a day built a super impressive chest for Mike Tyson though. But he was a freak of nature.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Dmz is great. Its the best ive taken so far for changing body comp. I could eat like a horse and get leaner. Loved it
    I remember your DMZ transformation pics from when you were coming out of an unhealthy phase and the results were impressive. You’re one of the few guys on here who runs it 8 weeks too which is encouraging. So many guys run these super short cycles with it, like 3-5 weeks. It made me uninterested in the compound because I figured if it’s so toxic that people are afraid to take it for longer than 35 days then I might as well take something safer.

  10. So it’s been about two weeks since I added in a lot more carbs and here are some things I noticed.

    The bad:

    1. I burp, fart, and shyt way more
    2. I require at least two more hours of sleep, but my sleep is very deep
    3. I’m way more fatigued throughout the day
    4. My skin looks like hell, I’m breaking out with acne really bad
    5. Anxiety increase (probably the result of blood sugar spikes)

    The good:

    1. I’m gaining weight easily (was 190 on day one and after two weeks I’m 193-194)
    2. I feel stronger in the gym
    3. I’m looking slightly fuller
    4. The act of eating carbs is extremely satisfying, like consuming a drug

    I’m getting my carbs from a variety of sources like potatoes, rice, oatmeal, some noodles, granola. Those are some examples. After eating low carb for a while and then adding them back in, it’s pretty obvious to me how they effect my body. Overall I don’t enjoy what it does but I’ll continue to eat them because they do help with muscle and strength gain.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    So it’s been about two weeks since I added in a lot more carbs and here are some things I noticed.

    The bad:

    1. I burp, fart, and shyt way more
    2. I require at least two more hours of sleep, but my sleep is very deep
    3. I’m way more fatigued throughout the day
    4. My skin looks like hell, I’m breaking out with acne really bad
    5. Anxiety increase (probably the result of blood sugar spikes)

    The good:

    1. I’m gaining weight easily (was 190 on day one and after two weeks I’m 193-194)
    2. I feel stronger in the gym
    3. I’m looking slightly fuller
    4. The act of eating carbs is extremely satisfying, like consuming a drug

    I’m getting my carbs from a variety of sources like potatoes, rice, oatmeal, some noodles, granola. Those are some examples. After eating low carb for a while and then adding them back in, it’s pretty obvious to me how they effect my body. Overall I don’t enjoy what it does but I’ll continue to eat them because they do help with muscle and strength gain.
    Holy sh1t bro, I'm going through the same thing! After crash dieting for 3 years straight from lack of knowledge, I have some awesome help in my log completely changing my nutrition and training. I'm having the same reactions from increasing macros. I'm sure it will better us in the long haul.

  12. I’m almost 8 weeks into the bulk and I’m up 9 pounds. I went from 190 to currently waking up at 199. So far the extra weight looks good. Fat gain appears minimal but I definitely did gain a little fat. My strength is climbing very fast. Adding carbs and focusing on heavy compound lifts was a great idea. Thanks to those who suggested it. Also, I added mk677 at 20mg ED and some creatine at 5g ED about two days ago. Up until that point I’ve been completely natty, no PED’s or supplements. Now I’m just looking for an extra boost. I’ll probably do a progress pic in a couple months. I plan on running a tbol cycle sometime early next year.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    What body fat percentage do you think I am using the eye test? Iím halfway through my cut. I started out at 198 and am now down to 188 with the ultimate goal of losing 20 lbs total. In this picture Iím a little heavier than 188, more like 192 because I just threw down some BBQ and a couple IPAís haha. So that might slightly skew my appearance, but I doubt it makes too big a difference. Anyway, here I am unflexed and without a pump. Also, let me add that I just hit the gym last week for the first time in two months because of a dislocated shoulder. So now that Iíve got my excuses out of the way, guess away my friends!

    Attachment 167504

    Attachment 167505
    Sorry I'm late to the thread. Based on years and years of experience guessing people's weight at the carnival.. I'd say, you're about 30-70 percent body fat give or take 10%.



    Seriously? I'd say about 26%.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    15% code: MARK15 Want to know more?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Sorry I'm late to the thread. Based on years and years of experience guessing people's weight at the carnival.. I'd say, you're about 30-70 percent body fat give or take 10%.



    Seriously? I'd say about 26%.
    Haha, that very well could be. I’m hoping what people suggested is true. Which is that you look leaner with more muscle and it’s easier to cut with more muscle.

  15. Wow, I didnít look at my old pics before doing that update. But I just checked them out now and the 9 pounds I gained are definitely significant in certain areas. Looking back at those pictures is good motivation for me moving forward. Iím going to get up to 205 and then evaluate what I should do from there.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    Haha, that very well could be. I’m hoping what people suggested is true. Which is that you look leaner with more muscle and it’s easier to cut with more muscle.
    I'm at like 50-90%..
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    15% code: MARK15 Want to know more?

  17. I’m weighing in at 207 lbs the last couple days. I’m stopping the bulk here. All my lifts have gone up significantly during this bulk, my muscles look bigger and fuller, but so does my midsection. So it’s about time I cut back down. I don’t have a specific target weight in mind yet but I’ll probably go back down around 190 since I assume it’ll be a more muscular 190 lbs this time. But I’m not exactly sure how much weight I want to drop yet. I’m also going to cut my mk677 dose down to 10mg a day. It’s bloating me up like crazy. I’m holding onto way too much water.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    Iím weighing in at 207 lbs the last couple days. Iím stopping the bulk here. All my lifts have gone up significantly during this bulk, my muscles look bigger and fuller, but so does my midsection. So itís about time I cut back down. I donít have a specific target weight in mind yet but Iíll probably go back down around 190 since I assume itíll be a more muscular 190 lbs this time. But Iím not exactly sure how much weight I want to drop yet. Iím also going to cut my mk677 dose down to 10mg a day. Itís bloating me up like crazy. Iím holding onto way too much water.
    Weird I feel like mk677 has helped me stay full but I'm not bloating with it. I did when ate 25mg, I've been running it at 10 for about 4 months now. You got this man, slow and steady and keep lifting heavy!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by GrizzleB View Post
    Weird I feel like mk677 has helped me stay full but I'm not bloating with it. I did when ate 25mg, I've been running it at 10 for about 4 months now. You got this man, slow and steady and keep lifting heavy!
    At 20mg mk added some water but didn’t make me feel too bloated but at 25mg I’d look pregnant after just eating a small snack. Yesterday I switched to 10mg and felt good on it.

  20. So I’m down 4 lbs after one day. Obviously I’m just pissing out a lot of water right now. I did 16:8 intermittent fasting yesterday with the carnivore diet (I may have consumed up to 5g of carbs but that’s it). I also did an hour of cardio which is probably the most I’ll do in a day but I plan on doing a little bit each day, even if it’s only 15 minutes some days. I do intervals on the treadmill of walking, jogging, and a little sprinting. I’ll do some weightlifting after cardio to preserve muscle. But cardio comes first right now because fat loss is my focus.

    I’m going to be a little flexible with my diet but it’ll have some basic principles. I’ll try to at least do 16:8 for intermittent fasting. It won’t always be strict carnivore but everyday I’ll at least keep carbs very low, so I’ll at least be keto. I’m hoping the mk677 and creatine will help keep my muscles looking full while my glycogen stores are low.

  21. 16:8 is awesome bro i swear by it. Keep it up man! Have you ever tried EC stack to help during your cut?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Mathb33 View Post
    16:8 is awesome bro i swear by it. Keep it up man! Have you ever tried EC stack to help during your cut?
    Thanks man. I’m doing 16:8 most days, sometimes going beyond that and sometimes falling short. Eating a carnivore diet is the main principle I’m sticking to. Today I might switch it up and eat keto by throwing in some low carb plant foods. But after three days of eating nothing but animal products and doing intermittent fasting I’m down six pounds and most importantly I feel pretty good.

    I’ve never tried EC. I’ll look into it. I definitely get a lot of caffeine already though. I’d say on average I drink four cups of black coffee a day. I’m not sure what the ephedrine in that stack does. I guess that’s a stimulant too?

  23. Ephedrine and caffeine are both powerful central nervous system (CNS) stimulants and work synergistically when they are taken together. Some people have a hard time on it I’m personally used to it and I enjoy the euphoria/ type of buzz it gives in the morning.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Mathb33 View Post
    Ephedrine and caffeine are both powerful central nervous system (CNS) stimulants and work synergistically when they are taken together. Some people have a hard time on it I’m personally used to it and I enjoy the euphoria/ type of buzz it gives in the morning.
    Interesting. Do you also drink coffee or do you just take the EC?

  25. Well typical dosing is 200mg(1pill)caffeine, 16mg ephedrine, 2-3 times a day so you already taking quite a few but sometimes if I feel like taking a coffee I use it instead of the pill and still take ephedrine. But it’s gonna take a while before you actually think about taking a coffee lol the stack itself should give you more energy than you want
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What body fat percentage?
    By Ihatbanas in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2017, 10:32 AM
  2. What is the Optimal Body Fat Percentage for Testosterone?
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 09:51 PM
  3. What body type am I based on these measurements?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
  4. What is body fat % ?
    By sonofsteven in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 06:35 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Log in
Log in