Aromitisation & body fat

kevker

Awards
I've read a few publications etc between the relationship between higher bodyfat percentages and estrogen, and how throwing into the mix something that can aromitise (such as test) will cause even more. Because of several factors over the years (depression, shift working, lower end test, insomnia, chronic back pain etc) I would class myself as a fat ****. Currently waiting on some blood tests for thyroid function to come back (here in the UK our health service is in a bad state, so things are taking an age) as my diet is pretty good, but my weight is just holding steady.

With TRT, and regular tests for my testosterone levels, I'm holding steady at the upper range of normal, pinning every day to smooth out the levels and reduce sides. I know you're all going to say I should be getting full blood work with estrogen levels etc, and I will do that, but was just after info from the more knowledgeable members on here.

How much of direct relationship between body fat % and aromitisation will there be? Will an AI such as Arimistane (75mg a day) be sufficient. or should i be looking at something stronger, dependant on blood tests.

As always thanks in advance

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've read a few publications etc between the relationship between higher bodyfat percentages and estrogen, and how throwing into the mix something that can aromitise (such as test) will cause even more. Because of several factors over the years (depression, shift working, lower end test, insomnia, chronic back pain etc) I would class myself as a fat ****. Currently waiting on some blood tests for thyroid function to come back (here in the UK our health service is in a bad state, so things are taking an age) as my diet is pretty good, but my weight is just holding steady.

With TRT, and regular tests for my testosterone levels, I'm holding steady at the upper range of normal, pinning every day to smooth out the levels and reduce sides. I know you're all going to say I should be getting full blood work with estrogen levels etc, and I will do that, but was just after info from the more knowledgeable members on here.

How much of direct relationship between body fat % and aromitisation will there be? Will an AI such as Arimistane (75mg a day) be sufficient. or should i be looking at something stronger, dependant on blood tests.

Arimistane does pretty much zero for estrogen control for most. Can't give exact relationships but 10% bf you will convert less estrogen then 15% you and 15% you will convert less then 20% and so on but idk to what extent. Typically the fatter you get the more you convert. Also the more fat you have the less muscle you build because there's androgen receptors in your fat cells, more fatter cells, more receptors to steal yiur androgens, and the whole insulin sensitivitything too. Bad idea for a cycle. But......your a adult, you can do what you want, I just give my opinion and reasons for my opinion.

Also, I don't mean this in any type of way other then I call it like I see it. Almost every person who has a thread/situation like yours, and theres a lot on this forum, they all say they got the diet under control and they never really do. If they did then they wouldn't be stuck. You gotta move more and eat less. And your food choices need to be basic as **** if you have a problem over eating. No1 in history ever got fat eating lean protein, fruits and vegetables. And whatever your diets like now, I gurentee if you did 4-6oz chicken breast or 96% lean beef or turkey with steamed or grilled vegetables and some high water content fruit 3-4x a day and a post workout shake or meal on training days your loosing fat. Obviously you need to be in a deficit. But it's hard to overeat vegetables and water heavy fruits.
Screenshot_20230721_145258_Macros.jpg

20230716_181841.jpg

You can make some pretty big meals around 500 calories

If your not eating meals like the above or similar, obviously you don't have to have sweet potatoes at every meal or fruit or whatever. But if yiur not eating simple clean low calorie meals and doing cardio almost every day than you haven't even started yet.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Everybody is different what dose works for you may or may not work for me even if our estro is the same just like I may feel great with a 60 estro as you may feel awful. And yea arimastane won't do what your looking for

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
BTW thanks for being honest and calling yourself a fat @$$ you didn't have to be that harsh but most new guys on here cant/ won't admit hiw fat they really are. They think if yiu can se the outline of an abdominal wall then there sub 15% b.f. when that's more like 25

kevker

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys.

Regarding Armistane, it does seem to have some effect for me, especially regarding water retention, so whether thats just a diuretic effect or not, I'm not sure. I'll probably throw in a decent AI and see what the difference is.

Regarding diet. Smont, you're exactly right. I used to just go with the flow as it were, especially when I was on pain meds (made me hungry). I'm pretty diligent with montioring how much I'm eating at the moment, it's around the 2000 cals mark a day, but does vary slightly. Mostly chicken and rice apart from one small cheat meal a week ( no point sticking to a good diet all week then blowing 7000 on a sunday). Train 5-7 days a week with cardio on at least five of those days. In fairness my body fat % is coming down slowly, so maybe I'm just being impatient and still thinking I'm in my 30s where you could see a difference almost daily.

And Mike, if I can't be honest with myself, the who can be.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for the replies guys.

Regarding Armistane, it does seem to have some effect for me, especially regarding water retention, so whether thats just a diuretic effect or not, I'm not sure. I'll probably throw in a decent AI and see what the difference is.

Regarding diet. Smont, you're exactly right. I used to just go with the flow as it were, especially when I was on pain meds (made me hungry). I'm pretty diligent with montioring how much I'm eating at the moment, it's around the 2000 cals mark a day, but does vary slightly. Mostly chicken and rice apart from one small cheat meal a week ( no point sticking to a good diet all week then blowing 7000 on a sunday). Train 5-7 days a week with cardio on at least five of those days. In fairness my body fat % is coming down slowly, so maybe I'm just being impatient and still thinking I'm in my 30s where you could see a difference almost daily.

And Mike, if I can't be honest with myself, the who can be.
Water retention isint directly from high estrogen, arimistane shedding water is way more likely from a reduction in cortisol from the arimistane

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
There's also the angiotension thing which is why a arb is also so good at shedding water weight. Idk if arimistane acts on angotension recptor tho