What Body Fat % am I???

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What body fat percentage do you think I am using the eye test? I’m halfway through my cut. I started out at 198 and am now down to 188 with the ultimate goal of losing 20 lbs total. In this picture I’m a little heavier than 188, more like 192 because I just threw down some BBQ and a couple IPA’s haha. So that might slightly skew my appearance, but I doubt it makes too big a difference. Anyway, here I am unflexed and without a pump. Also, let me add that I just hit the gym last week for the first time in two months because of a dislocated shoulder. So now that I’ve got my excuses out of the way, guess away my friends!

AD4C60D3-CA9D-4334-BFBF-62CDED78B83D.jpeg

F3C1845E-9A30-4720-B305-55A151CC915D.jpeg

thefrenchmen

thefrenchmen

Awards
I see them now. I would say 16-18%. Good progress so far

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Waiting for the pics to work again

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s strange they’re not working. I can see them.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the answers. Then if I did the math right, I gotta lose 10 more lbs to get to 15% bf and I’d be cool with that number for now. This is my last week of intermittent fasting and then I’ll try just normal calorie restricted eating.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would say another 15lbs + to get to 15%

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn, that could be true but I sure hope not ha.
Me either lol but I’ve been doing this for so long I realized you need to lose more weight than you guess to get to where you want.

stein12

Awards
I went to gym and use vegan nutrition. I like indian cuisine. Indian cuisine is spicy. My favorite dish is curry. The main spice in India is considered to be Curry, it is added to a large number of traditional dishes. However, along with vegetarian recipes in Indian cuisine you can find chicken dishes.Sometimes I cooked indian food and put them into lunch boxes, which my friend bought for me on like to cook for my friends.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went to gym and use vegan nutrition. I like indian cuisine. Indian cuisine is spicy. My favorite dish is curry. The main spice in India is considered to be Curry, it is added to a large number of traditional dishes. However, along with vegetarian recipes in Indian cuisine you can find chicken dishes.Sometimes I cooked indian food and put them into lunch boxes, which my friend bought for me on like to cook for my friends.
Thank you for your contribution. I’m glad you like Indian food.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s all beer weight. It’s the one major gap in an otherwise very healthy diet.

Carbs is also an issue. I used to overestimate the importance of carbs and would eat a huge portion of potatoes everyday. But that’s a no no now. If I can keep carbs low and beer intake low then that’s the key my friends!

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
Old post I know but avoid beer, increases estrogen. If you must drink make it straight zero sugar liquor.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Old post I know but avoid beer, increases estrogen. If you must drink make it straight zero sugar liquor.
Sorry, but that’s impossible due to my German ancestry. Beer is necessary for my survival. I may have lost a tiny bit of fat since that picture. I might be just below the 20% mark now.

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
Nothings impossible. I haven't had rice in 6 months and I'm Hispanic, we eat rice every damn day for lunch and dinner.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothings impossible. I haven't had rice in 6 months and I'm Hispanic, we eat rice every damn day for lunch and dinner.
This is truly an anomaly. I’m super white with blond hair and I need my rice!

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
If I were you, I would run something to bulk up first. It's way easier to lose fat when you have significant muscle mass. I would bulk/recomp and then focus on cutting. If you cut now, you are going to look really flat IMO. It's easier to look a lower BF when you have more mass.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I were you, I would run something to bulk up first. It's way easier to lose fat when you have significant muscle mass. I would bulk/recomp and then focus on cutting. If you cut now, you are going to look really flat IMO. It's easier to look a lower BF when you have more mass.
Well I went with a recomp and I think it’s starting to workout. I’ll post a picture when I’m done with it.

These were some particularly unflattering pictures btw. I drank a few IPA’s before them, threw down some BBQ at a get-together, and then decided, “hey, let’s ask the AM bros how fat I am!” I was also coming off an injury that prevented me from working out for weeks at this point. My shoulder is still not completely healed unfortunately but I’ve been working around it.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s been a month and three days since I took that last picture so I figured I’d do a progress pic. I think I’ve leaned out slightly but nothing crazy. I’m also pretty haphazard and careless at times when it comes to diet so I wasn’t expected a miracle. Hopefully in another month the change will be more obvious.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
If you drink a lot, it's hard to be extremely fit. I've tried it and it never seems to work. If you want to look like Rambo, drinking is a big no no, lol.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, I’m up 2-3 lbs, just to throw that out there. And you can see my right delt (left on your screen) and right pec still look deflated and atrophied. That’s because I was unable to use the right side of my body at all for about two months and I still have to play it safe sometimes. It sucks. I can’t do any shoulder work and the extent of my chest workout is currently very light dumbbell bench press. Legs, biceps, triceps, back, core, and cardio is what I can do pretty much full blast.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you drink a lot, it's hard to be extremely fit. I've tried it and it never seems to work. If you want to look like Rambo, drinking is a big no no, lol.
This is true. I’m still drinking 15-20 beers a week. That’s a lot of wasted calories. I’m about to leave for a music festival for the weekend so now isn’t the time for me to cut back haha. But starting Monday I’m going to hone in on diet and exercise for the next four weeks.

But also, you can drink a lot of beer and still be super fit, but you can’t drink a lot of beer and LOOK super fit. I’m in pretty damn good shape for someone who’s around 20% body fat. Right now I can run about a 6 minute mile and when my shoulder is healthy I can do 20 wide grip pull-ups. I know that isn’t **** compared to Rambo haha but it’s probably better than some guys on here who look much better than I do.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When I'm in real good shape I can get away with drinking like a fish and maintaining. But when trying to get in shape it's impossible. I find a happy medium with dropping beer and having a couple vodka sodas a few nights a week. Unfortunately it's beer league softball season so I'm rocking the dad bod for the next month or 2

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is true. I’m still drinking 15-20 beers a week. That’s a lot of wasted calories. I’m about to leave for a music festival for the weekend so now isn’t the time for me to cut back haha. But starting Monday I’m going to hone in on diet and exercise for the next four weeks.

But also, you can drink a lot of beer and still be super fit, but you can’t drink a lot of beer and LOOK super fit. I’m in pretty damn good shape for someone who’s around 20% body fat. Right now I can run about a 6 minute mile and when my shoulder is healthy I can do 20 wide grip pull-ups. I know that isn’t **** compared to Rambo haha but it’s probably better than some guys on here who look much better than I do.
I wish I could! LOL

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’d say 18-22%. I’m not all that great at eyeballing bf percentage but you don’t look bad by any means. Keep working hard bro.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys ready to talk about my fat again? Its only been about ten days since the last time I posted a picture but I’m thinking I’ll do an update. I feel like I’m starting to see some definite changes and I’m wondering if you guys can to. And when I post them, just tell it how it is. I got 4 weeks left to my cycle and if I gotta start going way harder I will. I probably should anyway.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys ready to talk about my fat again? Its only been about ten days since the last time I posted a picture but I’m thinking I’ll do an update. I feel like I’m starting to see some definite changes and I’m wondering if you guys can to. And when I post them, just tell it how it is. I got 4 weeks left to my cycle and if I gotta start going way harder I will. I probably should anyway.
Make sure the lighting and location are the same as last time. Lighting can make a huge difference in judging progress.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ready to judge.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jebrook made a good point. I gotta have quality control and take the picture in the same spot. I was gonna post pictures I took myself but I’ll wait until I can have someone take a picture of me in the same spot.

zincalloy

zincalloy

Awards
Jebrook made a good point. I gotta have quality control and take the picture in the same spot. I was gonna post pictures I took myself but I’ll wait until I can have someone take a picture of me in the same spot.
Definitely helps. Seriously though 15-20 beers a week is ridiculous for your goals. You need to cut it down. If I cut out ice cream and cake you can cut down the beers. You will definitely see a lot more progress if you cut it out completely.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely helps. Seriously though 15-20 beers a week is ridiculous for your goals. You need to cut it down. If I cut out ice cream and cake you can cut down the beers. You will definitely see a lot more progress if you cut it out completely.
Yeah, luckily my diet is pretty damn clean otherwise, so I just gotta focus on cutting out beer. I’ll update with a picture in three more weeks.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I’m two weeks into pct and figured I’d update this. First of all I’d like to say that lgd is extremely weak or the lgd I had was underdosed. It didn’t feel like I was taking anything and it made no difference in my physique and I was on 22mg for 12 weeks. When I added the 6mg of yk for the last 6 weeks I could feel that I was taking something anabolic right away. I wish I would’ve just ran a cycle with that at about 12mg or so. I won’t bother with lgd again. So all in all, if there are some perceivable differences in my physique they’re certainly modest. But let’s see what a fresh set of eyes see. All pictures are are without a pump and unflexed. Do you think I’ve dropped some body fat? Most estimates for the before pics were that I was 20-22% and I believe that was probably a pretty accurate guess. I also gained 3 lbs from this cycle. The goal was a recomp. Anyway, what body fat percentage do you think I am now.

Before:

718164D8-CC5F-4A07-8F96-4EE7C0C69887.jpeg

A781AEED-B1FB-4155-BD6D-E48EEBF0D5E9.jpeg

After:

159E652A-F4A4-4978-9DE7-B25EB4127672.jpeg

B150D0F7-940E-44DE-B1C5-A620E2D1E9FF.jpeg

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also I’m thinking about doing a lean bulk next. I’m around 191 right now and I’d like to gain 10-12 pounds. Do you think this is a bad idea at my current body fat? I’d do it slowly over winter.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You look to have lost some bf, good job! Your shoulders and abs look more defined and less bulky. I’d say you’re around 14-15% but no lower. As far as the bulk goes, I’d go for it. It’s bulking season after all. Start your cut in February and enjoy the gains!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You did good! Go on and bulk up!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I call BS on the 6 minute mile claim.
Whys that? I used to run a sub-6 minute mile back when i ran regularly. Its not unheard of. If someone runs regularly and works toward speed on the mile run its totally achievable. When i did it i didnt even know how to train for that specific goal and was just trying to get there for sh1ts and giggles. Didnt take that long either

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry, I call BS on the 6 minute mile claim.
I’d feel absolutely exhausted after it and probably be sore for days haha, but i can do it. Last time I ran a mile really hard for time I was a little over, probably closer to 6:15. I don’t know why that’s hard to believe. There’s guys who are 50 lbs overweight who run iron man’s.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Brain5ick and hairygrandpa for the support. Now it’s time to make some gains so I have more muscle when I start cutting next spring.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Defiantly in 20s. I wouldn’t worry about percentages though. Just use the mirror. If it was me I would cut hard.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This was with about two weeks left in my cycle. It was the moment I realized that I believe I crossed from the low 20s in body fat to the high teens. But I don’t know for sure, Jstrong20 could be right.

05274562-71DE-4087-A08A-3F5A58992C33.jpeg

I’m really at a crossroads with what I want to do next. Maybe I should try to cut a few pounds. But maybe it’d be smarter to try to gain muscle now and then cut down next spring/summer. I could also just keep training hard, eat around maintenance, but adjust my diet so that way it’s good for gaining muscle and losing fat. I believe the way to do that is to keep protein very high and carbs very low, essentially almost a carnivore diet.

I’d like to point out three things.
1. Look at my love handles from the straight on view in the before pic. I think that’s an obvious area where some fat came off.
2. I went from barely fitting in my pants at the beginning of the cycle to needing a belt. So that’s a good sign that I’m heading in the right direction.
3. I really need to start targeting my lower chest so it pops more. Losing more fat will also help this but I realize most of my chest workout hits the upper part, leaving the lower part underdeveloped.

Anyway, those are some comments I wanted to throw out there. I’m open to more comments on what body fat percentage you think I am, and more importantly what you think I should do from here. I’ll be deliberating for the next couple days about whether bulking or cutting is the better idea.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Id go for gaining as much muscle as possible this winter then cut next spring. If you hit it hard and eat alot you can gain alot of size in that amount of time

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3F07051B-535E-4166-AFE5-E86F4AF893F7.jpeg

This is for Rockzilla

I just did this right now. I like a good challenge. As you can see I’m quite a bit above 6 but I haven’t trained consistently for speed in a half a year. But this should give you an idea of how fast I can run when I run for time on a weekly basis. Also, in my opinion you have to shave around 10 seconds off when you use a machine like this because it takes the treadmill some time to get up to the speed you want to start out at and that whole time the seconds are ticking away. Last thing I want to mention is that I looked up how fast I’d have to run ahead of time and supposedly you have to run an average of 8.4 mph in order to run a six minute mile. So I decided to never go under 8.4 mph and to go as high as 10 mph. My average was probably about 8.9 mph. Anyway, this confused me because I thought my results would be below six minutes by doing this. I’m still satisfied with the time after not running like this in a while though.

Attachments