Cardio after leg day

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
Hi.... Just wondering if it's ok to do cardio (treadmill / elliptical ) the day after leg day? What if my legs still sore after 2 days is it ok to do cardio? Will it slow down my leg development? Will I overtrain my legs? Was just wondering cause most of the time after leg day I'm sore for 3 days

acronym007

Awards
Overtraining if you do it the day after and don't give the muscle group any rest. Think of it like your doing hundreds of push-ups the day after chest day. No rest for a muscle group can lead to overtraining, fatigue, and injuries. My legs are sore for days later also, just give them one day of rest and then you can hit them again, cardio or whatever. You can push through soreness.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi.... Just wondering if it's ok to do cardio (treadmill / elliptical ) the day after leg day? What if my legs still sore after 2 days is it ok to do cardio? Will it slow down my leg development? Will I overtrain my legs? Was just wondering cause most of the time after leg day I'm sore for 3 days
Cardio is fine to do after leg day. If your legs are sore after two days post-legs' day, then that is normal - and it can take up to two days for DOMS to set in, and DOMS can last up to a week! Doing cardio after legs' day is not going to slow down your development - if you are eating enough for muscle accretion and covering the costs of all your energy expenditure and then some, as well as training correctly for muscle gains in the gym, then cardio is not going to harm your gains. "Overtrain" means different things to different people - for example, I do cardio for ~20 minutes daily, as well as sometimes doing legs in the gym, and to me that is far far from overtraining legs; but for some people, anything more than a single legs resistance session is too much; it just depends on the individual; you should know if you're overtraining for YOU.

~Team APPNUT

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i always feel that im most prone to injury when i do cardio the day before leg training (get hurt while lifting), or if i do cardio the day after lifting (get hurt while doing cardio)

i personally dont care for the soreness of muscles, but im more concerned with my joints and ligaments healing and getting rest.

personally, i believe if you hit legs right and hard enough, your mandatory rest day should be the day after leg training, as in totally take off from all training to recoup from such a serious training session.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
^^ that. you'll be fine. walk for a while later that day, then cardio the day after all you want.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ehh don't be a p*ssy
yeah, thats what all the top athletes need to know when they get injuries right? after all they have millions of dollars, and can pay their ligaments to shut up and toughen up.

bigger ballz is all we need.

wicknilly

Awards
skip cardio after legs and the day after(of course that's assuming you want your legs to grow) :)

that said, when dieting or pre-contest, cardio the day after is fine

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
cardio the day after is fine the same day is fine i find the cardio helps.legs are pritty big muscle to over train.
in most ppl opions on this thead you should just lie around for 2 days after your work out
so honey i can not have sex i had a back workout yesterday
i can not jerk off to day i worked me forearms yesterday
your cardio is not going to be so intence that it will limit you recovery

wicknilly

Awards
cardio the day after is fine the same day is fine i find the cardio helps.legs are pritty big muscle to over train.
in most ppl opions on this thead you should just lie around for 2 days after your work out
that's standard protocol if you're a serious lifter...lol

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
:haha: :toofunny: EPIC post

dropshot001

Awards
do cardio after legs at a low intensity. the increased blood flow can help with recovery

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea I wouldn't do intense cardio the day before and after a workout assuming you are going to demolish your legs on the workout. But I wouldn't skip easy-medium cardio the day before, day of, and day after. Doing light cardio followed by stretching the day I work out my legs makes them feel less soar the day after.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
guess you guys are different, I guess everyone is

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i say if you can do cardio at medium to high intensity the next day, you didnt train your legs hard enough.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Yea I wouldn't do intense cardio the day before and after a workout assuming you are going to demolish your legs on the workout. But I wouldn't skip easy-medium cardio the day before, day of, and day after. Doing light cardio followed by stretching the day I work out my legs makes them feel less soar the day after.
Ditto this. I like to do light cardio the next morning and stretch everything for 15-20 min. It helps keep them from locking up and reduces DOMS greatly. If I don't do it, then day two and three after and I can't move.