best form of carnitine for....

massolic

Awards
  • Established
transporting fatty acids to mitochondria...in other words, which best helps burn fat as energy

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
they all serve a purpose...i like lclt personally

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^^ great advice as usual

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Here we go again with the misinformation.

If anything, it's PLCAR.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
For elevating muscle carnitine, PLCAR is the best. I hope those using LCLT are prepared to take it with a ton of carbs for 6 months straight.
Ok... I'll get some plcar,, but I already own ALCAR,,, how is it best taken and what exact purposes does it serve?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok... I'll get some plcar,, but I already own ALCAR,,, how is it best taken and what exact purposes does it serve?
Don't get me wrong, ALCAR is a great carnitine form. I personally feel that pursuing elevated muscle carnitine is an efficient way to put such valuable ingredients to use. ALCAR is great for cognitive purposes, positive effects on libido/erection index/testosterone/combating mental fatigue/combating ADHD in lacking/afflicted individuals, antioxidant purposes, other health purposes, etc...

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Don't get me wrong, ALCAR is a great carnitine form. I personally feel that pursuing elevated muscle carnitine is an efficient way to put such valuable ingredients to use. ALCAR is great for cognitive purposes, positive effects on libido/erection index/testosterone/combating mental fatigue/combating ADHD in lacking/afflicted individuals, antioxidant purposes, other health purposes, etc...
But not for converting fat to energy?

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Deja vu... seems I have seen you two guys bump brains more than a few times,, LOL.... *sits and watches*
Every time you two debate I end up spending money!!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I already posted the reference when it was requested in another thread. I can't dig it up again (home for the weekend) but you can search my post history.
You post your opinion a lot and I'm not looking through all of them. We can all wait until you get back to wherever.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You post your opinion a lot and I'm not looking through all of them. We can all wait until you get back to wherever.
I post my opinion a lot? If it is relevant, yes I do, seeing as I am an individual. If I am going to claim scientific backing, I always provide evidence.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I feel like this question is just pulling hairs they all work well

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I feel like this question is just pulling hairs they all work well
Unfortunately, they don't work very well (or at least, efficiently) for fat loss.

I took the liberty of finding the name of the PLCAR study for those who have full text access:

Propionyl-L-Carnitine
Wiseman and Brogden

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, they don't work very well (or at least, efficiently) for fat loss.

I took the liberty of finding the name of the PLCAR study for those who have full text access:

Propionyl-L-Carnitine
Wiseman and Brogden
I suppose that is a relative term. Though compared to not using them at all you are bound to see some benefits. Experimenting with alcar over the past week has made me stop using it entirely. I have started to sweat way too much on it. I sweat enough as it is lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Propionyl-L-Carnitine
Wiseman and Brogden
Thank you for the ref. And me saying that you post your opinion a lot was not meant as a slam. You post all the time and searching for you and the word carnitine brings up a load of posts. My point (long drawn out as it is) is that if you don't think a product or ingredient doesn't work or doesn't work enough for what it costs, then say that. Many people respect your opinion and if you say PLCAR, then they might very well go out and buy PLCAR based solely on that.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
LCLT is still good for increasing AR receptors amoungst other benefits T support etc, (studies behind it)
ive always intended to use this as a staple in the future?
Or is PLCAR better?

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
OP i believe for fat transportaion inj carnitine is superior

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thank you for the ref. And me saying that you post your opinion a lot was not meant as a slam. You post all the time and searching for you and the word carnitine brings up a load of posts. My point (long drawn out as it is) is that if you don't think a product or ingredient doesn't work or doesn't work enough for what it costs, then say that. Many people respect your opinion and if you say PLCAR, then they might very well go out and buy PLCAR based solely on that.
Understood sir. I just figured that given our past...well you know :D. The PLCAR part is not my opinion...as per the study, it has a significant rate of entry into the cell. You don't have to worry about the bonded propionyl group because the research also elucidates that it is metabolized into propionyl-coa and l-carnitine, the latter of which is what OP is after.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
LCLT is still good for increasing AR receptors amoungst other benefits T support etc, (studies behind it)
ive always intended to use this as a staple in the future?
Or is PLCAR better?
OP i believe for fat transportaion inj carnitine is superior
I can't stress this enough: in my opinion, the benefits of the various carnitine forms outweigh any fat burnining/substrate utilization changes through elevating muscle carnitine. There is no "better" carnitine. They all possess unique benefits. LCLT will increase androgen receptor density, but I feel that its true benefits are the effects that are, in turn, responsible for the increased AR density: improved cell protection from exercise, increased recovery, and increased VO2 max.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
adding choline aids that muscle absorbtion and aids with leptin function...
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/132/4/636.full
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/133/1/84.full

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
I can't stress this enough: in my opinion, the benefits of the various carnitine forms outweigh any fat burnining/substrate utilization changes through elevating muscle carnitine. There is no "better" carnitine. They all possess unique benefits. LCLT will increase androgen receptor density, but I feel that its true benefits are the effects that are, in turn, responsible for the increased AR density: improved cell protection from exercise, increased recovery, and increased VO2 max.
Just what i wanted clarifying, going to use LCLT as a staple when gaining
thnx