PAL Reset A.D. pregnenolone safe?

aISforANIMAL

Awards
Hello, I am more of a reader than a poster on AM, but have read alot about Reset A.D. and wanted to try it. I have built quite a tolerance to stimulants and took a week off from stims(geez it was rough lol) only to try them again the next week and saw no difference. It is hard to take time off as I workout at 6 am a few times a week before classes/work, and getting a good workout when your body wants to crawl back into bed is hard lol.. Any how, I ordered Reset but was looking at the ingredients and noticed pregnenolone, I know that it is a steroid hormone but not much more than that. I turn 19 in one month and did not know if it would be safe for me to take or not, as I may still be growing I suppose. I have searched but could not find an exact thread to match. Thanks in advance guys.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Check this out
Pregnenolone is a natural hormone that cannot be patented. Back in the 1940's, when researchers started experimenting with the use of pregnenolone, they realized that it could be helpful for people under stress and it could increase energy in those who were fatigued. However, about the same time, cortisol, another closely related hormone, was discovered. Cortisol stole the limelight. When cortisol was given to individuals with rheumatoid arthritis, there were outstanding short-term improvements. Photographs of these remarkable recoveries were circulated and the medical community was impressed. Scientists basically put pregnenolone aside to focus on cortisol. The structure of cortisol was altered to make similar molecules such as dexamethasone and prednisone, much more powerful steroids. Dexamethasone and other similar corticosteroids could be patented, and thus a pharmaceutical company could make a lot of money. Pregnenolone has stayed in relative obscurity since the 1940's, with only rare mentions in the medical literature. There have been few studies published on pregnenolone in recent years, and only a couple involve human subjects.

Benefits of pregnenolone
Some people find pregnenolone improves energy, vision, memory, clarity of thinking, wellbeing, and often sexual enjoyment or libido. Pregnenolone may be considered a good brain enhancer in those who are deficient. Studies in rodents show pregnenolone to be one of the most effective and powerful memory boosters. Pregnenolone may increase levels of acetylcholine in the hippocampus and other memory regions in the brain. Some women report lessening of hot flashes or premenstrual symptoms. However, pregnenolone is not risk-free. For safer alternatives, consider Mind Power Rx natural supplement as a mind booster, Passion Rx as a sexual enhancer, MultiVit Rx for more energy, and Eyesight Rx for better vision within days.

Possible pregnenolone side effects
Overstimulation and insomnia -- low doses could be helpful for sleep when taken in the morning. For occasional sleepless nights, consider Good Night Rx.
Irritability, anger or anxiety -- low doses could actually ease a person into a relaxed feeling, while higher amounts may lead to irritability.
Acne can occur due to the probable conversion of this hormone into androgens
Headaches are possible with high dosages
Possible scalp hair loss if used daily for prolonged periods. Pregnenolone converts into DHEA, which in turn converts into testosterone and possibly on to DHT. Pregnenolone can also be converted into progesterone.
Irregularities of heart rhythm, Heart Palpitations, even on as low a dose as 10 mg. This can be serious in the elderly or those with heart rhythm disturbances.
Unknown effects on the thyroid gland or other organs and tissues.

http://www.raysahelian.com/pregnenolone.html

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
according the that link preg is WAY overdosed in re-set ad

"Directions: One tenth to one half (yes, 1 to 5 mg) pregnenolone tablet under the tongue as needed. You can break the tablet in small pieces. Do not exceed 5 mg pregnenolone per day. Do not take pregnenolone for more than 5 days in a row without the advice of your physician. Using pregnenolone may elevate your DHEA and progesterone levels, and DHEA can increase estrogen and testosterone levels. Do not take more than 2 mg pregnenolone daily (about a fifth of a tablet) for prolonged periods without medical consultation. See the possible pregnenolone side effects discussed ab"

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
according the that link preg is WAY overdosed in re-set ad

"Directions: One tenth to one half (yes, 1 to 5 mg) pregnenolone tablet under the tongue as needed. You can break the tablet in small pieces. Do not exceed 5 mg pregnenolone per day. Do not take pregnenolone for more than 5 days in a row without the advice of your physician. Using pregnenolone may elevate your DHEA and progesterone levels, and DHEA can increase estrogen and testosterone levels. Do not take more than 2 mg pregnenolone daily (about a fifth of a tablet) for prolonged periods without medical consultation. See the possible pregnenolone side effects discussed ab"
And I'm thinking thats a bad thing hmmmmm makes me thing twice in taking more then what the bottle says to take :p

aISforANIMAL

Awards
Check this out
Pregnenolone is a natural hormone that cannot be patented. Back in the 1940's, when researchers started experimenting with the use of pregnenolone, they realized that it could be helpful for people under stress and it could increase energy in those who were fatigued. However, about the same time, cortisol, another closely related hormone, was discovered. Cortisol stole the limelight. When cortisol was given to individuals with rheumatoid arthritis, there were outstanding short-term improvements. Photographs of these remarkable recoveries were circulated and the medical community was impressed. Scientists basically put pregnenolone aside to focus on cortisol. The structure of cortisol was altered to make similar molecules such as dexamethasone and prednisone, much more powerful steroids. Dexamethasone and other similar corticosteroids could be patented, and thus a pharmaceutical company could make a lot of money. Pregnenolone has stayed in relative obscurity since the 1940's, with only rare mentions in the medical literature. There have been few studies published on pregnenolone in recent years, and only a couple involve human subjects.

Benefits of pregnenolone
Some people find pregnenolone improves energy, vision, memory, clarity of thinking, wellbeing, and often sexual enjoyment or libido. Pregnenolone may be considered a good brain enhancer in those who are deficient. Studies in rodents show pregnenolone to be one of the most effective and powerful memory boosters. Pregnenolone may increase levels of acetylcholine in the hippocampus and other memory regions in the brain. Some women report lessening of hot flashes or premenstrual symptoms. However, pregnenolone is not risk-free. For safer alternatives, consider Mind Power Rx natural supplement as a mind booster, Passion Rx as a sexual enhancer, MultiVit Rx for more energy, and Eyesight Rx for better vision within days.

Possible pregnenolone side effects
Overstimulation and insomnia -- low doses could be helpful for sleep when taken in the morning. For occasional sleepless nights, consider Good Night Rx.
Irritability, anger or anxiety -- low doses could actually ease a person into a relaxed feeling, while higher amounts may lead to irritability.
Acne can occur due to the probable conversion of this hormone into androgens
Headaches are possible with high dosages
Possible scalp hair loss if used daily for prolonged periods. Pregnenolone converts into DHEA, which in turn converts into testosterone and possibly on to DHT. Pregnenolone can also be converted into progesterone.
Irregularities of heart rhythm, Heart Palpitations, even on as low a dose as 10 mg. This can be serious in the elderly or those with heart rhythm disturbances.
Unknown effects on the thyroid gland or other organs and tissues.
lol I already read that article and its the ones like that which have made me skeptical of pregnenolone. I know that alot of people have used Reset on here, does anybody else know more about preg? Has anybody around 18-21 used it and how did you feel when you got off/any side effects? Thanks for the replies so far guys keep'em coming

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
They suggest lower doses for liability reasons, reset ad aint for ya if you are prone to anxiety/panic attacks.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Pregnenolone is as safe as houses. Ideal for adrenal fatigue.

Neurosteriod which turns up in the CNS. No one is quite sure what it does apart its the first thing that cholesterol is turned into prior to androgen/estrogen separate pathways.
Whatever it is doing is much more important than its label as "steriod".

Just make sure your diet is in check as well. Ginseng is a great adaptogen BTW IMO Reset uses liquorice.

aISforANIMAL

Awards
haha Yeah I am the last person in the world to have a panic attack, I would still like to know more about preg, but it does sound safe enough to use. I will probably be taking my first cap tonight and then start with 2 caps a day commencing tomorrow. My diet should be fine, I am on a clean bulk all year round with about ~4,000 cals a day and most of my carbs during the day with my fats at night. Cannot wait to see if I turn into a stim virgin again lol!! Thanks for the help guys, reps!

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
To benefit the most from Reset AD you would wanna stay away from stims completely. I took reset for 2 months without stims and I drank a Full throttle energy drink and it was Euphoric..like the first caffeine buzz I've ever gotten in my life. Then eventually it wore off but the product definitely works. The thing is at your age, all you'd have to do is stay away from stims long enough and your tolerance will go down. If you can't reset will help but the pregnenolone dosage is high. I am prone to anxiety so the 2nd time I took Reset it gave me bad anxiety with heart palpitations. I contribute that to the pregnenolone alone. First time it didn't bother me but my anxiety was lower at the time. When I was much younger I took pregnenolone alone. My dietition recommended it for me for energy. I was about 21,22. I didn't have anxiety at this time either. Within a week or 2 of 25mg I was having heart palpitations in the gym. I think it should be used with caution.

For some added energy in place of stims DL-Phenylalanine or l-tyrosine with some ALCAR is a good option.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Rhodiola Rosea extract (3% rosavins), Schizandra, Licorice
I stand corrected... Reset contains Rhodiola. I'm sure this wasn't there last time I looked. In fact I am certain of it.

Schizandra is funky ... I prefer the dried berries.

Reset now looks very solid particularly at $17. I've previously run the ingredients separately looking at this I'd buy the bottle.

BTW for adrenal fatigue recovery to be as fast and effective as possible you need all the ingredients in there. Schisandra (spelling I'm familiar with) was used in adrenal fatigue, I thought it was more of a noot than an adaptogen. Rhodiola is both noot and adaptogen.

If you're quiting stims then "sleepless nights" is hardly a side effect thats gonna happen.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
don't use that ****, it has very poor bioavailability

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Took preg in 50mg and 100mg divided doses each day.
For several months.
Worked well for me. Calmed me down, evened out my moods, helped me sleep better.
Was diagnosed manic depressive/schizoid (years ago as a teen) and I experimented with different things over my life to try to keep myself even.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Preg taken orally can help reduce anxiety because it is converted into something similar to a tranqualizer in the liver. A transdermal preg is the best choice, as it also helps anxiety but without the sedative effects.

Energy, motivation, mental wellbeing are great on the transdermal, without most of the side effects you get from taking it orally. In fact, a few doctors I know only allow their patents to take preg as a transdermal.