Need help in analyzing bloodwork

BigChuckles

Awards
Hello Guys,

I recently got some bloodwork done (Comprehensive Metabolic Panel and GGT). I fasted for 14 hours before the test. I'm 22 years old, 5'8" 207 lbs. My last cycle of 7 weeks ended in late October, 2004 and consisted of 1-test cyp and 5AA cyp. This is the first time I have gotten bloodwork done so I don't have a baseline to compare it too. :sad:

The supplements I currently take are whey protein, CEE, glutimaine, fish oils, digestive enzymes, psyllium husks, vitamin C and a multivatimin

The results are as follows:

Sodium - 137 (136-146 MEQ/L)
Potassium - 4.2 (3.6-5.2 MEQ/L)
Chloride - 101 (98-109 MEQ/L)
Glucose - 78 (60-125 MG/DL)
Calcium - 9.2 (8.5-10.5 MG/DL)
BUN - 17 (<23 MG/DL)
Creatinine - 1.7 (<1.5 MG/DL)
BUN/CREAT Ratio - 10.0 (10-22)
Total Bilirubin - 1.2 (0.2-1.3 MG/DL)
AST (SGOT) - 54 (<45 U/L)
ALT (SGPT) - 87 (<45 U/L)

GGT - 36 (<75 U/L)
Alkaline Phosphatase - 55 (40-125 U/L)
Total Protein - 7.0 (6.2-8.3 G/DL)
Albumin - 4.4 (3.7-5.2 G/DL)
Globulin - 2.6 (1.8-3.5 G/DL)
A/G ratio - 1.7 (1-2.5 G/DL)
Bicarbonate - 25 (21-30 MEQ/L)

I notice that AST and ALT are outside of the upper range. I had a hard workout approximately 36 hours before I had the test so could this have been the reason for the values to be elevated or are these elevated levels even a cause for concern? My creatinine level is outside of the range but coudln't that be due to the large amounts of meat that I eat and the fact that i'm supplementing with creatine? Can someone help me make sense of these results?

Thanks,

P.S. I haven't been on the board much lately but now I notice that people have been writing "*Subscribe" at the beginning of their post. What does that mean?

MorganKane

Awards
Hello Guys,

I recently got some bloodwork done (Comprehensive Metabolic Panel and GGT). I fasted for 14 hours before the test. I'm 22 years old, 5'8" 207 lbs. My last cycle of 7 weeks ended in late October, 2004 and consisted of 1-test cyp and 5AA cyp. This is the first time I have gotten bloodwork done so I don't have a baseline to compare it too. :sad:

The supplements I currently take are whey protein, CEE, glutimaine, fish oils, digestive enzymes, psyllium husks, vitamin C and a multivatimin

The results are as follows:

Sodium - 137 (136-146 MEQ/L)
Potassium - 4.2 (3.6-5.2 MEQ/L)
Chloride - 101 (98-109 MEQ/L)
Glucose - 78 (60-125 MG/DL)
Calcium - 9.2 (8.5-10.5 MG/DL)
BUN - 17 (<23 MG/DL)
Creatinine - 1.7 (<1.5 MG/DL)
BUN/CREAT Ratio - 10.0 (10-22)
Total Bilirubin - 1.2 (0.2-1.3 MG/DL)
AST (SGOT) - 54 (<45 U/L)
ALT (SGPT) - 87 (<45 U/L)

GGT - 36 (<75 U/L)
Alkaline Phosphatase - 55 (40-125 U/L)
Total Protein - 7.0 (6.2-8.3 G/DL)
Albumin - 4.4 (3.7-5.2 G/DL)
Globulin - 2.6 (1.8-3.5 G/DL)
A/G ratio - 1.7 (1-2.5 G/DL)
Bicarbonate - 25 (21-30 MEQ/L)

I notice that AST and ALT are outside of the upper range. I had a hard workout approximately 36 hours before I had the test so could this have been the reason for the values to be elevated or are these elevated levels even a cause for concern? My creatinine level is outside of the range but coudln't that be due to the large amounts of meat that I eat and the fact that i'm supplementing with creatine? Can someone help me make sense of these results?

Thanks,

P.S. I haven't been on the board much lately but now I notice that people have been writing "*Subscribe" at the beginning of their post. What does that mean?
I asked the same question about the high creat level myself not long ago. My level is exactly the same as yours 1.7.

Here is the thread and you will find an answer there: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25908

I do not know anything about the 2 other reading you ask but I notice on my blood work the range for ALT is between 30 and 65. You would still be high at 87 but not as bad.

By the way, I should add that I know nothing about blood work.

tbonz169

Awards
The AST and ALT are most likely not due to your last cycle. These numbers tend to bounce around quite frequently, due to other factors. If you are really concerned try adding some milk thistle or NAC to your supplement regimen. Liver protection is great year round even when off cycle. Personally i wouldnt be concerned and maybe get another blood test soon to see if it is a normal fluctuation.

BigChuckles

Awards
The AST and ALT are most likely not due to your last cycle. These numbers tend to bounce around quite frequently, due to other factors. If you are really concerned try adding some milk thistle or NAC to your supplement regimen. Liver protection is great year round even when off cycle. Personally i wouldnt be concerned and maybe get another blood test soon to see if it is a normal fluctuation.
Thanks, I just added milk thistle and NAC last week so we'll see if that makes a difference.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Make sure to make those supplements a year around addition if you choose to use Ph/Ps or AAS.

The liver values are not that high, and are not something to be worried about like tbonz stated.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh, and the sucscribe thing means they wish to follow the thread by recieving e-mails or some other type of notification. Although I have pointed out that at the top of the page there is a "Thread Tools" option that will allow you to sucscribe without having to post.