hangover help

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
i ****in drank way too much last night and was puking. today i feel like complete ****. anybody have any good advice on what to eat to feel better? Mainly just my stomach feels like **** and of course the head but that could be cause i haven't eaten anything in a long ass time.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
i was just munchin on some bread slowly and drinking water slowly as well. i heard fatty foods are good? but then i also hear that the bread sokes up the alcohol. idk...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Poseidon works great for that. if you don't have any, try gatorade. foodwise, white rice or bananas are really mellow

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
no sugar is allowed in the house hold. so that means no gatorade. regular juice. god my house is a joke. i'm eating an apple right now. thanks for the help i'll go try to find some other **** or go across the street to get some rice.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they do sell, ah its not gatorade but one of the others, damn, can't recall which. Powerade Option? its a sugarfree drink of that type. I know the latter part of the name is Option

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
oh.... ya my car got a flat so i cant drive anywhere haha. i found some rice though so i'm cooking it up right now. there this stuff that's called Recharge that whole foods sell which is awesome. It's a great sugar/artificial sweetner free drink that's awesome for replinishing electrolytes. if you were wondering. i just cant drive anywhere right now.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
i think the powerade option thing has artificial sweetners such as corn syrup or like dextrose or some **** like that. will juice be ok? probably not as good but help a little?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
pedialite

nectar of the gods for hangovers

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think the powerade option thing has artificial sweetners such as corn syrup or like dextrose or some **** like that. will juice be ok? probably not as good but help a little?
the acid in juice might suck. have any of the sodium free salt? No Salt is one brand I think. its postassium, it helps. a banana is good too

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
B-complex,and a mulitvitamin are a must. Water also is very important,make sure you re-hydrate yourself. Usually it's hard to eat anything, I know all about that trust. Fish oil is something I take also.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i ****in drank way too much last night and was puking. today i feel like complete ****. anybody have any good advice on what to eat to feel better? Mainly just my stomach feels like **** and of course the head but that could be cause i haven't eaten anything in a long ass time.
Hair of the dog!!!

Best way to cure a hang over is to start the day with a few of whatever you had the night before. It'll fix you right up :cheers:

The very next best thing to fixing a hang over is preventing a hang over. Rule number one for preventing a hang over: Don't stop drinking :thumbsup:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hair of the dog!!!

Best way to cure a hang over is to start the day with a few of whatever you had the night before. It'll fix you right up :cheers:

The very next best thing to fixing a hang over is preventing a hang over. Rule number one for preventing a hang over: Don't stop drinking :thumbsup:
Spoken like a champion! :lol:

avenue Red

Awards
best cure for hangover... SLEEP. trust me im an alchy lol
the bread and water is good. but try and get alot of rest. just bum it today

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hair of the dog!!!

Actually a nice slightly below room temp guiness is usually better than whatever you drank the nite before.

or mimosas :D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually a nice slightly below room temp guiness is usually better than whatever you drank the nite before.

Hmmm. Never done the Guiness, even at drinking temperature, but it does sound good.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I drink that sh*t...I'm a light beer guy all the way.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
B-complex,and a mulitvitamin are a must. Water also is very important,make sure you re-hydrate yourself. Usually it's hard to eat anything, I know all about that trust. Fish oil is something I take also.
This is pretty much the route that I take when I drink. I did stop using the fish oil though. I had a fish burp once while hung over and immediately threw up a little.

Something like Benadryl could help with a headache depending on what you drank and might help you to take a nap. :cheers:

ctrivedi

Awards
Vitamin B complex is a good start, but you should consider taking one before and during drinking and before bed + consume water - I use to drink a ton but woke up like a champ on most days. It keeps you hydrated and ready for the next night :cheers:

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
As one who often suffers from hangovers, I've found the following helps.

Before drinking take Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, LOTS of water during the evening if possible, Poseidon, ibuprofen

When waking up take Poseidon (you'll get a nice detox flush..lol) ibuprofen, and water. Works the best for me. It also helps if you have something you have to do to get your body going. Like work outside or something. The first 30 minutes suck balls, but then your body starts sweating and stuff.

Sleep is the best cure if possible.

Oh and people will tell you if you get a hangover you shouldn't drink so much the night before. But they are wrong and probably very boring and lame and don't have the perserverance that you have.

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
I found this by accident in college. it is not a magic potion, it is not a snake oil recipe or anything. Actually its probably in your kitchen already. I had been out one night, like you, and the next day I felt.....urgh........yeah. I went to the cafeteria and thought "no, can't eat that , dont want that, wont keep that down, etc" looking at the different foods. I didnt feel like eating anything except the fruit cocktail jumped out at me, and said "yeah". heh. So I ate it and within an hour I felt better!!

Turns out, it isnt rocket science but it is....well... science. Alcohol dehydrates, and it upsets your blood sugar. Fruit cocktail has a lot of sugar, and water in it. Voila. I have even asked a few friends to try my theory out when they were "needing" something. They did and said it wasnt a "fix all" but they sure did notice an improvement. Some ate fresh fruit salad instead of the canned stuff, which also works but I bet the canned one is better. Dont use the "lite" versions for this. Hey, you have nothing to lose by trying it right?

Last edited:
silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I don't drink like I used to because it takes me a very long time to recover from a hangover. This is pretty graphic, but I learned that the best way for me to recover was to simply induce vomit before going to bed, washing my mouth, then drinking 2 glasses of water. I plan ahead and don't do anything the day after, I usually don't get to see daylight, and I have the tendency to crave salty foods like chicken soup, pringles, etc. If I drink beer or or liquor I have to do all this if I want to recover. I also force myself to drink a lot of water.

Then I learned that Italian red wine (cab, merlot) have a nicer effect on me. I can down 2 bottles of wine by myself, have a great time at parties, and wake up the next day like I took a xanax at bedtime - everything is just right and relaxing. I may be tired from lack of sleep, but I don't feel like s*** like I do if I had drank beer or liquor. So, whenever I drink a lot now, I drink wine.

Sleep is mandatory for me.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The key to a hangover cure is to prevent it before it happens. B-Complex supplementation is very important. B1(Thiamine)in particular is used up in the process of etoh metabolism. B9(Folic acid) is also very important as it plays a role in cellular repair and intracellular dna processes.

The main cause of a hangover is dehydration. Many other factors play a part though such as toxins and free radicals. Water is used by the body to metabolize etoh(ethyl alcohol). Some of the best indicators of dehydration are dry mucus membranes and the dreaded headache from hell. Alcohol also causes excessive stomach acid release which in combination with systemic intravascular dehydration causes the nausea.

While you may not totally prevent a hangover you can certainly help make it much milder in severity. I would start taking an antacid like pepcid/zantac at least 48 hours(if possible) before you know you're going to be drinking heavily. I would also take your B-Complex before and after drinking. Keeping well hydrated beforehand is a must also. If you drink a glass of water every few beers(I know that's not realistic, but it helps:)) it will help lessen the effects of deyhdration to some degree. Fruit juices like apple and orange contain fructose which assists the body in burning etoh faster as well as replacing lost intravascular volume.

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
dude i just had a hangover from last weeks day before graduation party.

but anyway what i did was take some Excedrin, i tried to take a rest but i felt too sick..i took a shower instead and ate a banana then chilled out by sitting on my bed leaning on the wall pretty much.

I know it worked very quickly because that day was graduation day and it was at 11AM, so i needed to get well quick as hell when i woke up.

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Cabernet and Merlot are french :)

Chianti is Italian. My fave .. mmm..

And Trauma is a smart guy, I do the glass of water thing and it works very well for me.
Never been sick the times I've done it. No regrets. Besides it makes your bill cheaper AND saves calories!!

Last edited:
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The BRAT diet is great for recovering from a gastroenteritis as well as a hangover(BANANA, RICE, APPLESAUCE, and TOAST.)

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
LOL I've been buying French wine passing for Italian wine :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
hahahahaha:drunk: