Irish Cannon's BC+EAA Lean Mass Protocol

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We all know that it takes surplus calories to grow. Some take this to an extreme by taking in far too many calories over maintenance (i.e. 2k+ cals over individual maintenance level) which only leads to extra adipose tissue in our midsections, chest, arms, etc. - What if there was a way to grow while maintaining a tight, lean midsection...There is!

Since I've become a rep for LG Sciences, I've been experimenting with a protocol to achieve the goal of adding mass while staying lean. - It's quite simple. Here's the steps...

1) Eat roughly 500-800 calories above your maintenance level, and no greater. This will be different for everyone, and there are multiple formulas to achieve an approximate number; however, if you're a seasoned lifter, you probably already know what your body can handle.

2) Keep these meals between 2 and 3 hours of each other.

3) Use my BC+EAA protocol below...

Now, the main aspect of this is the BC+EAAs, although, adding these other products will only aid in more synergistic effects...

Upon waking:

1 serving LG Sciences BC+EAA
3-5g HMB (You're probably going to want to cap this stuff, it's NASTY!)
2-3g Creatine of your choosing (I'm currently using CEE, but anything will work)
1g VitC
1 serving of an l-dopa product such as LG Sciences I-GH-1 or Bulk 1-carboxy (If you have lethargy issues you may take a mild stim)

Give yourself at least 20mins before consuming breakfast.

Pre-bed (Make sure that you give yourself at least 1.5hrs (2.5hrs being ample) from your last meal before taking this - You want to be in at least a semi-fasted state - DO NOT consume a large amount of carbohydrates in your last meal; it will blunt the effects of the l-dopa):

2 servings LG Sciences BC+EAA
3-5g HMB
2-3g Creatine
1g VitC
1 serving of an l-dopa product

That's it!

If you want, you may also add a non-stim thermogenic such as TTA, RK, DCP, etc.

I currently am consuming 5 meals during the day, as opposed to my regular 6 (my 6th meal has been replaced with the BC+EAA protocol) and am making great progress.

Now, I don't really have any scientific data to back up this protocol, but I can tell you it's working for me, and you can't argue with that! ;)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sizzubbb!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to lose track of where I am

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't plan on logging this. Just an informational post. I've been using it for the last couple months with great success.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No problem. I've only seen a couple other guys use BCAAs or EAAs in this manner, and thought more should know about it.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
LG's BC+EAA (grape) was included in my recent NP order. Interesting protocol here. I will be using it with Vit C and Neovar.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LG's BC+EAA (grape) was included in my recent NP order. Interesting protocol here. I will be using it with Vit C and Neovar.
Awesome! I actually crack open the VitC and dump it in my drink. It seems to make the BC+EAA dissolve better (due to the acidity). Let me know how that Neovar works for you. I've never used it.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! I actually crack open the VitC and dump it in my drink. It seems to make the BC+EAA dissolve better (due to the acidity). Let me know how that Neovar works for you. I've never used it.
I love it. This will be my second run with it. I like the fact that it is a creatine with a nutrient partitioning effect.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Awesome protocl IC!! Really good writing and really helpful for people! Looks like I have some more Bc+Eaa to order! Grape....... mmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice write up man! worth trying thats for sure....

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just curious, why ? I hear a lot of mixed reviews on it, never tried it myself

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just curious, why ? I hear a lot of mixed reviews on it, never tried it myself
Why the protocol?

The idea of it is pretty simple. Basically what you're doing is getting your calories in within a certain time-frame, and leaving about a ~12-hr window open where you don't consume food, but the BC+EAA to increase protein synthesis, thus avoiding catabolism, and increasing GH levels. - I've never felt so tight and solid in the morning as I do these days.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am sorry I meant the HMB.
Oh. Ha. Well, ya, lots of mixed reviews on HMB, but most of the negative reviews come from people who heavily underdose it. You really need to be taking AT LEAST 6g/day, and I'm currently at 10g, which is what I recommend. I'm starting to see some definite change is muscle definition, size, and hardness since I've added it in. I think I've only been using it for a few weeks now. Maybe close to a month. I may change my dosing a little bit. I'm currently just taking the morning and pre-bed dose, but I may add another pre-workout, which is about 1.5hrs from my morning dose.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
awesome, I may have to give this a go

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
i feel bigger and leaner after reading this.

this is an sweet protocol. and easy because bc+eaa tastes like candy to me.

nicely done sir.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys! I hope you will all give it a shot some time.