Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or noodz.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
O how l missed those ribs my wife and I go to this rib joint every Friday been drooling over them for a year now and they were delicious worth the wait

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Here what I did today
1/25/14
Cycle 5 redo for the most part
5's week

Current weight at 7 30 am was 216

Preworkout - uncut
Intra - Alpha amino + compete

7mins arc-trainer
Foam rolling
Stretching
Broomsticks
T-spine
Warrior stance
Ankle mobility

Active Warmup
Seated lateral raises
10×3×10

Military press 5's
Warmup
75×10 95×8 105×5
Working sets
115×5 135×5 155×6
Pyramid sets
135×5 115×10

Arnold press (setsxreps)
35×10 35×3×8 35×7

Assisted chins
40off BW×6,5,4,4 60off BW×8

Facepulls
40×3×20

SS of CGBP, DB flys last 3 sets with Skullcruchers
CGBP
135×8 135×4×6
Flys
15×5×10
Skullcruchers last 3 sets(need more weight next time)
30×3×12

Ab bench
10#added 3×15

Lying Leg raises
3×10

Standing cable crunchs
90×3×15

Side bends
90×2×10

Notes
Typical military press day making slow progress but progress none the less at some point I was thinking of moving to standing press

Like the ab setup I got going atm not sure if it's helping with my lifts yet but they sure do get sore

Thanks for reading. Dmax

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Move to standing OHP. More full body involvement, better carryover to bench IMHO.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^ Has benched 400, has OHPed 225 for reps. Listen to the man.

For the transition to standing press, test your 1RM in the standing press. It's more difficult and you'll use a good deal less weight until you're used to it.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I guess I'll switch then since u guys have such a high opinion of the lift when I first started 5-3-1 I really didn't think there was a different but now that I've grown as a lifter somewhat I recognize it value

I guess I'll start watching some videos on it

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess I'll switch then since u guys have such a high opinion of the lift when I first started 5-3-1 I really didn't think there was a different but now that I've grown as a lifter somewhat I recognize it value I guess I'll start watching some videos on it
I did seated at first but came to love standing ohp.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So standing OHP seems pretty straight forward
I thought I read on someone's log it's important to push your head though does that sound right?

Need to try to figure out a starting weight too

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I'll get Omaha steak company to deliver it straight to your door lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So caloric increase today now up to 3100 a day except on workout days where it's more like 3500 with post shake still carb cycling

I forgot to mention that this past week I've added a bit to my warm up sets not a lot but I felt 2 sets of 5 and one of 3 wasn't doing jack so now I think it's going to be 10, 8, 5

Going to start standing OHP next cycle not looking forward to the cut in weight but I trust in your guys advice so I'm going to suck it up

All I can think of atm have a good day

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Snow snow and more snow+wind
1/27/14
Cycle 5 redo
3's week

Current weight at 7 am was 214

Preworkout - uncut

7 mins arc-Trainer
Foam rolling
Stretching
Broomsticks
T-spine
Warrior stance
Ankle mobility

Squat 3's
Warmup
Bar×10 115×10 145×8 175×5
Working sets
205×3 235×3 265×5 235×3
Paused sets (3 count)
205×5×3

Front squat (setsxreps)
145×5×6

Back extentions
60×20 90×2×15

Ab bench
15# added 3×20

Lying leg rasies
3×10

Standing cable crunchs
90×3×15

Side bends
90×10 95×10 each side

Conditioning
Getto prowler
100# 35' back and forth = 1 set for 4 sets

Notes
Great day today front squats are coming along nicely got the grip figured out which was the hard part.

I moved my hands in on squat which helped with both back tightness and keeps the bar from digging into my neck. big plus

Thats it thanks for reading. Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So apparently I have turned my 3 1/2 year old son in to a mobility kid. my wife caught him rolling his back with a lacrosse ball against the hallway wall just like me when I get a tight spot she tried to get a pic but he wouldn't do it again for her lol

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So apparently I have turned my 3 1/2 year old son in to a mobility kid. my wife caught him rolling his back with a lacrosse ball against the hallway wall just like me when I get a tight spot she tried to get a pic but he wouldn't do it again for her lol
My daughter does the same! Awesome man!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
1/28/14
Cycle 5 redo
3's week
Current weight at 8 am was 214

Preworkout - uncut

7 mins arc-Trainer
Foam rolling
Stretching
Broomsticks
T-spine
Warrior stance
Ankle mobility

Medicine ball slam 3×5

Bench press 3's
Warmup
Bar×10 85×10 105×8 125×5
Working sets
155×3 175×3 195×5 175×3
paused sets
155×5×3

Incline DB press (setsxreps)
70×10 70×8 70×3×6

DB flys
20×12 20×4×10

Landmine row
125×10 125×8 125×3×7

SS of Skullcruchers and easy bar curls
70×12 70×2×10 70×2×8
Curls
70×8 70×4×6

Tricep push down (v-bar)
120×10 130×8 140×5 130×7 120×9

Notes
Normal bench press day for me. frustrating!!! Is all I can say I don't know what the hell my problem is maybe I'm over thinking it.
Thursday one of my friends is going to be there so I'll try to take a video and post it so u guys can help

Thats it thanks for reading. Dmax

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Yeah get a vid up man.

I've also brought my squat grip in, helps so much when the weight gets heavy. I got a pretty nice kink in my shoulder from my last squat day though, so you gotta kinda watch it.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thirded for a vid. For me bench is much easier to tweak from a vid than DL.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Ty I'm going to try to get the video up tomorrow it's DL day but some light pressing won't hurt

Found this quote from Jim addresses what I commonly get caught up in

A good total is whatever you work tirelessly for. Just do what you have to do to succeed and let the chips fall where they may.
Don't get caught up in the numbers of others, get caught up in the process.

Jim Wendler

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
1/30/14
Cycle 5 redo
3's week

Current weight at 8 am was 215

Preworkout - uncut

7 mins arc-Trainer
Foam rolling
Stretching
Broomsticks
T-spine
Warrior stance
Ankle mobility

Deadlift 3's (conv + sumo)
Warmup (2"deficit)
145×10 175×5 215×5
Working sets
245×3+245×3s, 285×3c+285×3s, 315×7c+315×3s

Rack pulls (just above knee 3 sec hold)
365×3 365×2 315×3

BB row (setsxreps)
135×2×9 145×3×7

SS Good Morning with BB Step-ups
135×8 145×3×7
BB step-ups
85×10 105×3×7 (these set are done with each leg as the starter so right leg start for 7 then immediately left leg starts 7)

Ab bench
25# add 3×15

Lying leg rasies
3×10

Ab crunch machine
110×3×15

Side bends
90×10 95×10

Conditioning
Farmers walk
90#DB×2 50sec walk ×2 30sec walk ×2

Notes
Smooth day today weights seemed to just fly off the floor after the first rep. Grip was pretty much shot by the time I got to farmers walks

Rack pulls were some what ss with the rows I was walking back and forth between them

As promised here is the video not the best view and only did 135 so if u guys want to see heavier I'll try to get one Tuesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA6lh_J0Jo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks for reading. Dmax

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh boy...this is all constructive;

First thought is you're benching like a bodybuilder. You're flat, loose, and I don't much care for the bar path.

I prefer to press the bar from upper sternum back towards my face.

You need to get TIGHT, get up on your traps and retract those shoulders HARD. Either get those legs back or widen them out and drive from your heels.

I think when you learn how to get tight, you'll be amazed at your pressing strength. Let me see if I can find a vid of my setup. I know Herder sets up like a mofo too. Brb.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Once again, the big man is spot on when it comes to pressing advice.^Almost any vid on my channel will have my full setup routine. First, traps, second, wind my scaps down toward my butt, then find a spot where my feet re under me, and do it up. The positioning is extremely uncomfortable unless the bar is held in the hands at lockout. Well, that's the most comfortable position for me. Everything else is seeing stars type tight.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Hey thanks for the help swanson and herder im going to work on everything u suggest good thing I got u guys cause the guy who I had film that said it looked great lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Im going to try it your way herder does it looks pretty straight forward

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agreed with the aforementioned. Get on your traps. Dave Tate says 90% of your weight should be on your traps and 10% on your ass. Then get your back arched and find a position where you're so tight and any amount of leg drive won't budge your positioning.

The bar path looked like it was in the form of a mini JM press. I like to go to the sternum. It helps me keep a straight forearm position and produces better drive. (Could just be from the video angle, but I'm not certain it is).

The good news is that your bench is about to blow up.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thats where I just seen it felt it need to be posted too funny

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahahaha that's awesome. I think most people would be surprised how FEW world records would be broken at an All-Drug Olympics, but I'm certainly not going to even go there.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So my whole back is sore from my neck to my hips got to do a lot of rolling and stretching today if I ever get back to the house

Tomorrow I'm going to practice the herder setup after shoulders try to dial it in before 5-3-1 bench Tuesday

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So I'm laying here on the floor with my foam roller under my back trying to get an idea on setup.
When I retract my shoulder blades down and together as hard as possible I want to maintain that the whole time pressing correct?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I'm laying here on the floor with my foam roller under my back trying to get an idea on setup.
When I retract my shoulder blades down and together as hard as possible I want to maintain that the whole time pressing correct?
Yes, you want to keep them retracted HARD to help keep upper body tight.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks now as for bar path where abouts should it? I always aim for where both side of my rib cage make the point of the v is this correct or wrong?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks now as for bar path where abouts should it? I always aim for where both side of my rib cage make the point of the v is this correct or wrong?
You want as much arch in your UPPER back as possible. Bring your chest up to meet the bar. Lower back arch is unimportant, though having a big lower back arch can maximize your upper back arch. Put the foam roller under your mid back and push your traps and shoulder blades down until you touch the ground.

Keep working the roller up toward your head an inch at a time, each time pushing your shoulders to the floor. Eventually you won't be able to touch the floor, and that's fine. Keep working up and pushing down, you want max mobility in each segment. When I bench, my head is on the bench and my chin is on my chest. I often tell people that my arch would be bigger if my head were smaller.

The bar goes wherever you have a comfortable tuck and the bar stacked over your wrists, both stacked over your elbows. That way you transfer max force into the bar.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a pretty ****în good description.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Ty

I did the foam roller thing for about 1/2 hr 45mins today moving it up and down my back and rolling my lats and such really felt good a lot of cracking

I hope I can pawn the kids off on my mother in law tomorrow so I can get to the gym wife works all weekend

napalm

napalm

Awards
Chucks + snow + slush + rain + long sweat pants= massive fail just an FYI
we got 6 inches of snow so wet i can't even use my snowblower. now it's fcking raining

shoveling is my cardio today...