Yes, this is a discussion about balls....

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
I will say the colors and packaging suck balls ! It is not appealing at all. SO I say Grow some BALLS and get a better package first :D

There is an old saying that goes something like.."don't judge a book by its ball sack."

FitnFirm, thank you for your candor and suggestion. I don't know if you'll necessarily win the contest with that entry, but, who knows. Packaging has evolved and I'm sure will continue to evolve.

Once again, any and all suggestions are welcome.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
There is an old saying that goes something like.."don't judge a book by its ball sack."

FitnFirm, thank you for your candor and suggestion. I don't know if you'll necessarily win the contest with that entry, but, who knows. Packaging has evolved and I'm sure will continue to evolve.

Once again, any and all suggestions are welcome.
hopefully i'll get to tell naysayers how wrong they are about your balls. if you put your balls in my mouth, i'll be ever so grateful. i'll take all 100 of them ever so gently and..........that's gross.

but seriously. i'm needing me some quality snacks, homeslice! gimme yer balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
would've posted up a new slogan, but i ain't got one left in me, not anything decent anyhow. i guess this is my last post on this........ok....hold on.......i'll think of one-------------

no, got nothing left.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Nutrition facts label is located on the opposite side of the product label. Ingredients are listed on the product label itself. A copy of the nutrition facts label can also be found on the NP website in the product description. I'm guessing that you haven't ordered any, or you would have seen the nutrition label.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established

So basically you are paying for less than 6 scoops of protein in the total package costing 14.95 assuming most protein powders have on an average of 23g per serving. Seems pricey. You could just make your own balls of peanut butter and protein powder. That boils down to $2.49 per scoop of protein.........

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nutrition facts label is located on the opposite side of the product label. Ingredients are listed on the product label itself. A copy of the nutrition facts label can also be found on the NP website in the product description. I'm guessing that you haven't ordered any, or you would have seen the nutrition label.

I have not ordered any. Today was the first Ive heard of your product. Let me ask this though, where is your product manufactured ? Do you utilize cGMP practices ? The individual balls wrapped up looks sloppy to me. Yes I am picky :D

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
I have not ordered any. Today was the first Ive heard of your product. Let me ask this though, where is your product manufactured ? Do you utilize cGMP practices ? The individual balls wrapped up looks sloppy to me. Yes I am picky :D

FitnFirm:

I certainly do not blame you for being "picky" as it relates to a new product. There are far too many products in this industry created solely for the purpose of taking advantage of those with little or no background in the various fitness disciplines. From your posts in this thread I assume that you are extremely knowlegeable in the areas of nutrition and fitness and I value your questions and input.

ATJ Nutrition is an up-and-coming company that values the "old fashioned" way of doing things. We believe in hard work, honesty, and integrity; and we incorporate all these important values into our company's practices. Currently, each batch is personally made to preserve the quality and superiority that gets lost in mass production in outsourced "factory style" manufacturing. We painstakingly and meticulously use the highest quality, natural ingredients in our products to offer only the best for our customers. One taste and you'll quickly appreciate our "old fashioned" principles.

As for current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), we follow all FDA, state and local health department regulations as related to food manufacturing, labeling and packaging. Because we are a small company and the product is personally made, we are able to maintain a higher quality than most, if not all mass produced food supplements

As for the price breakdown you mentioned above, I personally feel it is inaccurate to portray it as price per scoop of protein in relation to the overall product. Price is however, something Sam and I will be discussing in the very near future, as well as increasing the protein amount per serving while not altering the nutritional value or taste in a negative manner.

I truly hope I have answered your questions/concerns. If I haven't please feel free to PM me or post here.

John Cannady
Owner, ATJ Nutrition

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
So basically you are paying for less than 6 scoops of protein in the total package costing 14.95 assuming most protein powders have on an average of 23g per serving. Seems pricey. You could just make your own balls of peanut butter and protein powder. That boils down to $2.49 per scoop of protein.........
I don't usually get in the middle of these things, but that is an asinine comment. That's like saying..."Well I can buy ground beef from the store for $3 a pound, why do I have to pay $5 for a 1/4 burger? You could just buy the beef, grill it, put it on a bun with the condiments for much cheaper." Of course you can and you are more than welcome to do it, but in any industry you have to pay for convenience, packing, overhead, marketing costs, etc. It's simple business economics really and the fact that people even compare it pricewise to a totally different product such as a protein powder makes me flabbergasted....ya, I said flabbergasted ;)

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
FitnFirm:

I certainly do not blame you for being "picky" as it relates to a new product. There are far too many products in this industry created solely for the purpose of taking advantage of those with little or no background in the various fitness disciplines. From your posts in this thread I assume that you are extremely knowlegeable in the areas of nutrition and fitness and I value your questions and input.

ATJ Nutrition is an up-and-coming company that values the "old fashioned" way of doing things. We believe in hard work, honesty, and integrity; and we incorporate all these important values into our company's practices. Currently, each batch is personally made to preserve the quality and superiority that gets lost in mass production in outsourced "factory style" manufacturing. We painstakingly and meticulously use the highest quality, natural ingredients in our products to offer only the best for our customers. One taste and you'll quickly appreciate our "old fashioned" principles.

As for current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), we follow all FDA, state and local health department regulations as related to food manufacturing, labeling and packaging. Because we are a small company and the product is personally made, we are able to maintain a higher quality than most, if not all mass produced food supplements

As for the price breakdown you mentioned above, I personally feel it is inaccurate to portray it as price per scoop of protein in relation to the overall product. Price is however, something Sam and I will be discussing in the very near future, as well as increasing the protein amount per serving while not altering the nutritional value or taste in a negative manner.

I truly hope I have answered your questions/concerns. If I haven't please feel free to PM me or post here.

John Cannady
Owner, ATJ Nutrition
WOW! :goodpost: I personally know John, and can attest to his values and principles. It means a lot to have a company owner who cares enough to listen and cater to his consumers.

John, I know that FnF is just busting your "balls"...that's how she flirts :whip: ~LOL!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I personally find the Micronutritient's of these "Balls" to be good, and the prices could come down, but it's not too expensive considering the prices of other protein replacement bars/etc.

Now, I hope that every page gets read again before picking winneres... Because mine is the best! :D
"Our competition does not have the balls we do!"
I said it first, dagnabit!

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
WOW! :goodpost: I personally know John, and can attest to his values and principles. It means a lot to have a company owner who cares enough to listen and cater to his consumers.

John, I know that FnF is just busting your "balls"...that's how she flirts :whip: ~LOL!
While Sam has his own ninja monkeys....ATJ has ninja lemurs and I threatened to set them loose on Sam if he didn't post something nice. lol

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkqqMPPg2VI"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Ya ya, Im flirting :rofl: Being older I commonly spend more time making my food from scratch, do not need so much convenience foods is all as I have time.

I don't usually get in the middle of these things, but that is an asinine comment. That's like saying..."Well I can buy ground beef from the store for $3 a pound, why do I have to pay $5 for a 1/4 burger? You could just buy the beef, grill it, put it on a bun with the condiments for much cheaper." Of course you can and you are more than welcome to do it, but in any industry you have to pay for convenience, packing, overhead, marketing costs, etc. It's simple business economics really and the fact that people even compare it pricewise to a totally different product such as a protein powder makes me flabbergasted....ya, I said flabbergasted ;)

Blow me ;)

FitnFirm:

John Cannady
Owner, ATJ Nutrition
Thanks for the reply. I will read reviews when they are available, But I do not think this product will be a heavy seller ( My opinion ) I do however wish you the best of luck.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I think the product has potential to sell quite well. Remember Sheesh bars? Basically the same thing and they had a strong cult following.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I know it has me wanting balls (besides my own) for the first time in my life.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Reviewing entries now......winners in an hour. As long as the ninja lemurs haven't been turned against me by Sam.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Just chowed down my 5-ball sample, and damn, they were good as hell :head:

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Heres a ninja lemur!

Pretty sure he's on "the balls"

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Still looking them over but I'm leaning toward:

"ATJ Nutrition, we've got ninja lemurs" lol

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Oh damnit! Late entry - ATJ Protein Balls - "At least we're not selling them in sacks!"

ACSlayer

Awards
I can't afford ornamental balls for my trailer hitch...so I tied off two ATJ balls in a burlap sack. Saved $37.50. So, the value of ATJ balls just skyrocketed.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Let the drumroll begin.......The winners are:

First place: T-bone "Nutrition wrapped in a ball"
Second place: Bigboy12 "From our kitchen to yours"
Third place: Hurleyboy05 "You'll go nuts for our balls"
Decided to add a fourth place because it was so close, and fourth place goes to SilentBob "We could have called them recovery nuts."

Thank you so much to everyone who had an entry. As I mentioned in an earlier post a few days ago, I wish I could hire everyone of you and put you in marketing.

Another thank you to Anabolic Minds for allowing this thread to continue.

If anyone wants to keep adding to this, I'd love to see the thread continue....who knows if it's good enough we may have to have more winners.

For the winners....pm me with shipping information.

Thanks again everyone!!!!

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
I will say the colors and packaging suck balls ! It is not appealing at all. SO I say Grow some BALLS and get a better package first :D
WOW! She's on a roll this week!!:wave:

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
... Nutrition wrapped in a ball...

:stick:

Way to play the homogenized platitude card.
The other three were good though, and I guess everyone's a critic. :rofl:

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Hey cool! Congrats fellow winners!

Can't wait to get those balls in my mouth!!! :confused:

:lol: thats the only time I'll ever say/type that again!

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
I realized that there was another huge "thank you" that I needed to post.

Sam, I owe you a huge thank you.

To all of you out there, I first met Sam and his family several years ago while purchasing supplements from his store New Health Nutrition in Fayetteville, GA. Sam and his entire family are the kind of people everyone should have the honor to meet. For everyone who shops at NP, Sam, Darren and everyone who works there have every customer's best interest at heart and are truly dedicated to bringing you the best products at the best prices. They truly are a class act.

Now, let me wipe all this brown off my nose. It's really starting to cake on, and my wife says she'd like some balls....be back in 2 mins. lol.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I realized that there was another huge "thank you" that I needed to post.

Sam, I owe you a huge thank you.

To all of you out there, I first met Sam and his family several years ago while purchasing supplements from his store New Health Nutrition in Fayetteville, GA. Sam and his entire family are the kind of people everyone should have the honor to meet. For everyone who shops at NP, Sam, Darren and everyone who works there have every customer's best interest at heart and are truly dedicated to bringing you the best products at the best prices. They truly are a class act.

Now, let me wipe all this brown off my nose. It's really starting to cake on, and my wife says she'd like some balls....be back in 2 mins. lol.

Thats all fine and dandy but ..... its a well known fact that Sam wears girls panties so if that is the kind of company you wanna keep go for it :toofunny:

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Thats all fine and dandy but ..... its a well known fact that Sam wears girls panties so if that is the kind of company you wanna keep go for it :toofunny:

What happens between Sam and me is private!!!! lol

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
WOOO!!! SilentBob is free ballin'!!!! I couldn't resist. One for the Gipper!

Thanks John! ATJ Protein Recovery Balls - SilentBob approved. Ball-icious!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry I kept them so long FnF...do you need them back? :ntome:

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
In case this was missed earlier, there are free ATJ t-shirts with an order of a 100 count. Supplies are limited.

ksa

Awards
  • Established
atj since many ppl tried your balls. How about giving them your protein hotdogs.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
atj since many ppl tried your balls. How about giving them your protein hotdogs.

I was thinking more along the lines of protein sausages, or protein bananas.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Free banana hammocks with excessively large ball purchases?

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Ain't Nutt'in dry about our balls!

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Bounce Balls for Beavers! bCube'd

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
I've been snorting way to much protein powder, these balls will be a blessing!

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Let the drumroll begin.......The winners are:

First place: T-bone "Nutrition wrapped in a ball"
Second place: Bigboy12 "From our kitchen to yours"
Third place: Hurleyboy05 "You'll go nuts for our balls"
Decided to add a fourth place because it was so close, and fourth place goes to SilentBob "We could have called them recovery nuts."

Thank you so much to everyone who had an entry. As I mentioned in an earlier post a few days ago, I wish I could hire everyone of you and put you in marketing.

Another thank you to Anabolic Minds for allowing this thread to continue.

If anyone wants to keep adding to this, I'd love to see the thread continue....who knows if it's good enough we may have to have more winners.

For the winners....pm me with shipping information.

Thanks again everyone!!!!
Piston, announced winners Mon. BTW, I saw you put in a good word for us on a couple of other threads. I truly appreciate that.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Piston--lol at your avatar. The guru rules!!!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow!- He's like 12 or something!. I'm waiting to see if he does a youtube video from his hospital bed from too much c17 alpha alykalation!.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow!- He's like 12 or something!. I'm waiting to see if he does a youtube video from his hospital bed from too much c17 alpha alykalation!.
search for the thread titled "help you guru" its a very good read!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i thought this was a contest on the most perverse lines... COngrats to the winners!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
what the fvck was that kid in your avatar talking about, pistonpump?! he was obviously reading stuff from some kind of cue cards. what the hell?!?! he doesn't look like he even lifts. so why is he talking about that stuff?!