YatesWifey Gets Alpha with Sustain Alpha - Sponsored

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
lol love the eff Barbie pic, that's funny and 2cute for sure. that sustainalpha looks awesome.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Happy 4th of July!! Today is Day 5 with the Sustain Alpha. Still can't say I'm feeling a lot from it. Libido may be up some! ;)

Hubby & I were able to get a weekend pass to an O2 Fitness 5 mins from where we are staying. Thankfully, too, because the gym for the condos wasn't hitting on much. We were able to get in a good chest session.

Warm up
DB flat bench press
10x15x2

Bb flat bench press
45x8
50x5
50x6
50x6

Incline
45x6x4

DB flat press
15x10x3

Iso lateral shoulder press
40x4/20x8 drop set
40x4/20x8 drop set

Iso lateral wide chest
40x10
50x8x3

I really enjoyed getting to use the Hammer Strength machines on those last 2 exercises!! Would like to have those at our gym.

Chest fly
10x8x4

Finished with static stretching.

Plan to get up a squat video, tomorrow, RegisterJr! ;)

Now, headed out to see how much my libido can be messed with...headed out to see Magic Mike XXL!!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Round 2 after the movie then?

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Happy 4th of July!! Today is Day 5 with the Sustain Alpha. Still can't say I'm feeling a lot from it. Libido may be up some! ;)

Hubby & I were able to get a weekend pass to an O2 Fitness 5 mins from where we are staying. Thankfully, too, because the gym for the condos wasn't hitting on much. We were able to get in a good chest session.

Warm up
DB flat bench press
10x15x2

Bb flat bench press
45x8
50x5
50x6
50x6

Incline
45x6x4

DB flat press
15x10x3

Iso lateral shoulder press
40x4/20x8 drop set
40x4/20x8 drop set

Iso lateral wide chest
40x10
50x8x3

I really enjoyed getting to use the Hammer Strength machines on those last 2 exercises!! Would like to have those at our gym.

Chest fly
10x8x4

Finished with static stretching.

Plan to get up a squat video, tomorrow, RegisterJr! ;)

Now, headed out to see how much my libido can be messed with...headed out to see Magic Mike XXL!!!
great session! lMAO whats with this magic mike and all the woman, this is sounded like 50 shades a grey or some**** all over again. :wtf:

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
great session! lMAO whats with this magic mike and all the woman, this is sounded like 50 shades a grey or some**** all over again. :wtf:
Magic Mike came out way before 50 Shades....and is way better.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have never used Hammer Strength Equipment but I need to try it out sometime

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have never used Hammer Strength Equipment but I need to try it out sometime
They are a nice hybrid of free weights and machine equipment, nice change of pace

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not getting to use Hammer Strength equipment is one of the reasons I miss the gym, they work really good when training alone.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Not getting to use Hammer Strength equipment is one of the reasons I miss the gym, they work really good when training alone.
It really made me wish we had them at our gym. There is one other 24hr gym close by that hubby & I may check out to see what equipment they offer.

turff49

turff49

Awards
I'm a big HS fan for certain exercises. The OHP and hack squat are 2 of my favorite machines. Couldn't do my workout the way I like without those 2.

warrior737

Awards
I am a big fan of this stuff so far. I think its day 6 using it at 3 pumps. I have noticed an overall better mood. My wife also commented on my mood. haha. Happier during the day. More upbeat. I'm loving Sustain Alpha! Good luck with your log. YatesWifey04

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big HS fan for certain exercises. The OHP and hack squat are 2 of my favorite machines. Couldn't do my workout the way I like without those 2.
The owner of our gym recently mentioned they are getting a hack squat HS soon. That will be the only thing HS they have once they do. I'll be happy when they get it!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I am a big fan of this stuff so far. I think its day 6 using it at 3 pumps. I have noticed an overall better mood. My wife also commented on my mood. haha. Happier during the day. More upbeat. I'm loving Sustain Alpha! Good luck with your log. YatesWifey04
I am a fan, so far, as well. Thank you!!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Good afternoon/morning!! Sorry for the delayed update...was enjoying time with fam, yesterday.

Today is Day 7!! I bumped up to 4 pumps of the Sustain Alpha last night. Libido is definitely UP!! All I have to do is look at hubby & want some!! :D Strength felt like it was up a little yesterday as well. We were able to get in another good session, before spending our last day at the beach with my Mom. I felt like I was really able to push myself & get in good reps with higher weight. yates84 even mentioned he was impressed with some of my sets! :)

Warm-up
5 min elliptical

Deadlift
45x8 - warm-up set
65x8
95x6
115x4
135x2

I was super happy to have graduated to the big boy plates! Form could have been a bit better, but still super proud of myself.

https://instagram.com/p/4wxFBVGvXI

Squats (Smith Machine...squat rack was occupied)
70x4x4

So, no video of squats...as I promised. I will definitely get one up on Wednesday though.

D-handle rows
45x6 (a bit too heavy)
35x8x3

Iso lateral rows
90x8x4

Shoulder shrugs
95x8x4

I am feeling that workout all over today, but I like it. Sometimes I try to work in cardio & some extra ab work on Monday's & Friday's, but taking a full rest day today. Let those sore muscles heal & grow! ;)

I didn't get updated progress pics & measurements yesterday....so got them this morning!! Honestly, for this log, I'm doing these more for me & my own accountability.

Last week vs this week pic....

PhotoGrid_1436189253881.jpg

Starting see more definition, and still getting leaner. I like it!!!

Measurements this morning....
Waist 27" - down .5"
Hips 34" - up .5" (standard flux for me)
L thigh 19.75" - down .25"
R thigh 19.75" -down .25"
Chest 31"
L Quad 16.5" - up .5"
R Quad 16.5" - up .5"
Biceps 10.7" - up .2"

Really impressed & excited with the newbie gains! It's amazing what our bodies are capable of when we choose to change & push them!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have come a long way baby, keep up the good work!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you had another pull in you, at least. Nice work.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I think you had another pull in you, at least. Nice work.
I think I may have too, but my legs were about burnt. I'll definitely push for it next Sunday!!

Congrats on moving up to an official "plate"! Moving that weight off the ground is only going to get easier now.
Thank you...and I hope so!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mid section is looking thinner!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great progress both with your shape and the weights! So glad you are logging on here! I love seeing the changes!! Such a great reminder!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Great progress both with your shape and the weights! So glad you are logging on here! I love seeing the changes!! Such a great reminder!
Thank you, Kat. I enjoy seeing & following the other logs too!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Hi all!! Playing a little catch up this afternoon!

Yesterday marked Day 8! Libido is definitely way up for me, now! :D ;) I also felt really good in the gym yesterday morning...although I hadn't gotten much sleep. We got in a nice shoulder work-out, and I felt like I could have kept going had I not needed to leave.

Warm-up
5 min elliptical
Db shoulder press
10x12x3

Smith machine shoulder press
45x8x4

Arnold press
10x12x2
12.5x10x2

Upright row/bent over fly Superset
30x8/5x8
30x8/5x8
30x8/5x8

Lateral raise/reverse pec deck fly Superset
8x8/30x8
8x8/30x8
8x8/30x8

External shoulder rotations
3x10x3

Static stretching

Today (Day 9) I wasn't able to make it to the gym. I had a friend who was having surgery, & I kept her son for the day. So, instead of it being leg day, it was arm day. I took my 8lb db's with me & did a nice little workout of high reps!

Warm-up
5 mins dynamic stretching

Alternating Db curl
8x15x4

Tricep Kickback
8x10x4

Alternating hammer curl
8x12x4

Bodyweight chair dip
12x4

Reverse curl
8x12x4

Single arm tricep extension
8x12x4

Diamond push-up
4 sets to failure (failed around 6-7 each set)...I'm no good at push-ups

Still at 4 pumps & plan to stay there!! Applying at night to clavicle, quads, lower abs/love handles/kidneys, inner thighs! I'm hoping since my libido has significantly gone up that an increase in strength will soon follow. :D

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty nice improvising today.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Pretty nice improvising today.
Thank you! I try to not mis gym days, but sometimes other things are just more importan. I still don't like missing my workouts though...so I do my best to do what I can with I have available at the time!!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Morning! Day 10....leg day!! I felt nice & strong this morning. Even with a headeache, I was able to push through & get in a nice workout.

Squats
45x10
55x8
55x8
55x6
55x8

Unilateral side leg press - machine
20x8x3

Lying leg curl
30x8x3

Weighted hip thrust
30x10x3

Seated calf raises
25x8x3

Lateral leg raise
10x10x3

Form & balance still need some work, but here is a video of my last set of squats....as promised. Angle of video is a bit off...I wasn't out of line that much! I blame my videographer yates84! ;) So, I'm definitely open for any tips & suggestions. I know I need to get a little deeper in* my squats. I think working on knee & hip strength will help with that. Will get a better video up soon.

[video=youtube_share;9M9OlJKgoAg]http://youtu.be/9M9OlJKgoAg[/video]

warrior737

Awards
I read a few threads on this and the OG version the last few days. In regards to application site, I have been applying this stuff on the tops of my feet and my clavicles for the last few days. I have notice a significant difference in feeling. May be due to the skin thinness in these areas. Try it out and LMK if you do too. Feels like it immediately kicks in!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I read a few threads on this and the OG version the last few days. In regards to application site, I have been applying this stuff on the tops of my feet and my clavicles for the last few days. I have notice a significant difference in feeling. May be due to the skin thinness in these areas. Try it out and LMK if you do too. Feels like it immediately kicks in!
I haven't tried the tops of my feet yet, but other areas I apply have thinner skin with less fat...with the exception of my midsection. I'll try the tops of my feet as well.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't tried the tops of my feet yet, but other areas I apply have thinner skin with less fat...with the exception of my midsection. I'll try to tops of feet as well.
Where's the video?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I guess my phone didn't load it last time. Not very suprised by that!
It may not be your phone this morning. My notifications for AM seem to be a bit off too. So, it may be the site. Who knows!?!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It may not be your phone this morning. My notifications for AM seem to be a bit off too. So, it may be the site. Who knows!?!
Or a combination of the two

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see a whole lot wrong with your movement. IMO, your squat is a little high and you tend to 'good morning' it a little bit.

But, I think that could be easily fixed with widening your stance. Your femurs are quite long, so sitting down could be difficult at such a narrow stance. I'd recommend moving your stance to shoulder width or just outside shoulder, with toes pointed slightly out, and I think you'll see an immediate improvement on both of those. Practice will ultimately fix depth and other issues too, so If you decide this is the stance you want just keep working at it.

Nice work Amber.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I don't see a whole lot wrong with your movement. IMO, your squat is a little high and you tend to 'good morning' it a little bit.

But, I think that could be easily fixed with widening your stance. Your femurs are quite long, so sitting down could be difficult at such a narrow stance. I'd recommend moving your stance to shoulder width or just outside shoulder, with toes pointed slightly out, and I think you'll see an immediate improvement on both of those. Practice will ultimately fix depth and other issues too, so If you decide this is the stance you want just keep working at it.

Nice work Amber.
I do feel more natural at a wider stance. So, I will definitely adjust it to a more "natural" one, and see how I do there. Thank you for your input & advice! I'll take all I can get...as I'm definitely still learning.

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
I do feel more natural at a wider stance. So, I will definitely adjust it to a more "natural" one, and see how I do there. Thank you for your input & advice! I'll take all I can get...as I'm definitely still learning.
Register is right on. Also, play around with footing. That could make or break it, as well. You are on the right path. If you have time, give this video a watch.

[video=youtube;DsXj2fQ4uow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsXj2fQ4uow[/video]

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Register is right on. Also, play around with footing. That could make or break it, as well. You are on the right path. If you have time, give this video a watch.

[video=youtube;DsXj2fQ4uow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsXj2fQ4uow[/video]
Thank you for this. I'm definitely "hippy". I naturally, even when I was really thin, have wide hips too. So the wider stance with toes out a bit more does seem to be more logical & natural for my frame. I like how he talks about about locking the back up too. I think they will help me too.

Now, shoes. Would different shoes help? I deadlift barefoot, but am wondering if more minimalist shoes or lifting shoes will help. I have be very conscious of staying on & pushing through my heels.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wear chucks, and previously did both squats and deads in flat boat shoe and shoe-less. Those all worked for me, but I hear great things about squat-specific shoes and I'm sure someone will chime in with a couple brands.

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thank you for this. I'm definitely "hippy". I naturally, even when I was really thin, have wide hips too. So the wider stance with toes out a bit more does seem to be more logical & natural for my frame. I like how he talks about about locking the back up too. I think they will help me too.

Now, shoes. Would different shoes help? I deadlift barefoot, but am wondering if more minimalist shoes or lifting shoes will help. I have be very conscious of staying on & pushing through my heels.
Flat foot/barefoot for deadlift is optimal. Putting a slight incline at your heal will be better for your hip drive/strength. Something with a slight incline at the heal will do it. A lot of standard athletic shoes have that. You'll figure out what your body wants as you go. It's telling you what to do.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I wear chucks, and previously did both squats and deads in flat boat shoe and shoe-less. Those all worked for me, but I hear great things about squat-specific shoes and I'm sure someone will chime in with a couple brands.
yates84 wears Adidas lifters. He really enjoys them, but doesn't feel like they would benefit me....because my squat weight is still pretty low. Thus, not putting a lot of weight on the midsole of the shoe.

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
yates84 wears Adidas lifters. He really enjoys them, but doesn't feel like they would benefit me....because my squat weight is still pretty low. Thus, not putting a lot of weight on the midsole of the shoe.
These are probably the most popular lifting shoes right now. I can attest to their greatness. Right now, my personal opinion is to just get a regular fitness shoe (cheapo is fine) that elevates your heal. When you widen up your stance, you are placing a lot more pressure on your hips. That will get you moving in the right direction.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
These are probably the most popular lifting shoes right now. I can attest to their greatness. Right now, my personal opinion is to just get a regular fitness shoe (cheapo is fine) that elevates your heal. That will get you moving in the right direction.
Ok. The Nike's I currently have do have a slight incline to them. So, I'll stick with them...since they are practically brand new.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the video share, watching as I can. Hey, I'm 'hippy' too. lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Playing catch up again...Friday was a rest day. Yesterday was Day 12....

Warmed up with dynamic stretching

Flat Db press
10x12x3

Incline bench press
40x8
40x8
40x8
40x5 -failed

Flat bench press
55x6x4

Assisted Dip/Flat Db press Superset
56(assisted weight)x6/12.5x10
56x6/12.6x10
56x6/12.6x10

Incline/Flat Db fly Superset
12.5x8/10x8
12.5x8/10x8
12.5x8/10x8

Cable fly/Reverse pec deck Superset
15x8/30x8
15x8/30x8
15x8/30x8

4 mins static stretching

Day 13
yates84 & I tried something new today & did sumo deadlifts. RegisterJr thank you for sharing the video with me. Definitely felt it in my adductors, glutes, & lower back. I can already tell I'll be feeling it even more tomorrow!

Warm-up
5 min elliptical
Back hyperextensions

Sumo deadlift
65x8
65x8
65x6
65x6
65x6
65x6
65x5

Bent over row
45x8
45x8

Pissed my right wrist off last week & it was bothering me. So, I switched to the EZ curl bar for more comfort for the remaining sets....& to hopefully not make it angrier.

40x10
40x10

Unilateral bent over row
30x8x4

Straight arm pull-down
20x10x4

Face pull
20x10
20x10
20x9
20x8

4 mins static stretching

Libido is through the roof....just ask yates84! :D Strength seems to be increasing nicely as well. I felt nice & strong during my bench exercises yesterday, and felt like things seemed to feel a bit "lighter" today. Since it is working nicely for me, I will be staying at 4 pumps for the rest of this run! Current application areas are clavicle, tops of feet, arm pits, quads.

Today has been a bit hectic with family activities....so I haven't had a chance to get measurements or pics. I WILL get some first thing in the morning & get them up though!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What did y'all think of the sumo? I still haven't tried them yet but want to, to see if I'm stronger.