Will prohormones mess up natural ability to build muscle?

hokiefan23

Awards
I'm thinking about starting my first pro hormone cycle (epistane) i've done my research and I know how to run the cycle safely with the necessities such as cycle support, proper pct, serm, etc.

I'm wondering if after my prohormone cycle, (and proper pct protocols used) will it become difficult for my body to build muscle off cycle?

if the cycle goes well, i might run another next summer but I don't want to become PH dependent, I just need something to get me out of this plateau.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's your age and how long have you been working out?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
At that age you have plenty of natural muscle building ability left. I would be hesitant to use a PH in the first place. And after only a year, the plateau you feel you are at could probably be conquered by changing your workout a little and even diet. Do drop sets for a few weeks and see if you don't break through in the gym and in the mirror. Just my opinion. How much did your body change in that year? Personally I think you should workout for at least a few years before you decide your body is done changing without some assistance.

hokiefan23

Awards
Last April I was 310 lbs, excessively obese. I then dropped down to about 170 and i've put on about 20 lbs or so in the past 6 months. So i'm sitting at 195. I've switched my workouts a bit, i'm doing the MAX-OT program right now, i'm noticing strength gains but my measurements have stayed the same for a while. I'm eating good and for the most part clean, taking in enough protein, I have a bit of gyno and about 15% bf. I was considering the epistane because it has anti estrogen properties and can help shed out some body fat and gyno.

I'm currently on a stack consisting of

X Factor (ARA Acid)
GMS
LCLT

I've been using it for 2 months, i've noticed strength gains but no physique changes.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow!! Those are big changes in a year!! My opinion is the same, be patient, stay at it, let your body continue to naturally change. Building muscle (naturally) is a slow process. If you are making strength gains, your body will change if you're diet and workout is right. See what anyone else has to say though. Good luck.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Wow!! Those are big changes in a year!! My opinion is the same, be patient, stay at it, let your body continue to naturally change. Building muscle (naturally) is a slow process. If you are making strength gains, your body will change if you're diet and workout is right. See what anyone else has to say though. Good luck.
Absolutely agree. You're too damn young to use steroids anyway, you don't have enough time training to justify using steroids, and plateaus reached after only a year of training are easily shattered by tweaking (improving?) diet and training. Get this prohormone crap out of your head (and Epi is not a prohormone anyway; Epi is an active steroid hormone) and keep learning as much as you can about different training and nutrition techniques and philosophies. That and natural supplements are all you need right now. ArA is great stuff, by the way. You may not be seeing physique changes, but keep cashing in those strength dividends and the rest will follow.

RAND0M1ZER

Awards
I don't see any reason why your ability to build muscle naturally would be affected after you go on a cycle unless you didn't do PCT or something and your hormones get all messed up but at the same time, why spend money and risk negative health consequences when your body is still changing naturally... See where that takes you and then reevaluate.