Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
“If I don’t get vaccinated then I’m 100% protected from the vaccine and 99.7% safe from dying of covid. I’ll take those odds!”

Is conjecture, but from a pure absolute risk standpoint it should make you think. Always has baffled how many focus on the risk of the virus but the vaccine is somehow a risk-less solution to that virus. Must consider the total risk on the choice.

I think people want an easy fix so they exaggerate the risk of the virus and downplay the risks with the vaccine. Mind you, lack of long term data in pharmacology/biology is by far on of the biggest risk variables.

with so many people being vaccinated the long terms effects are going to be hard to blame on vaccines....as we on this forum know very well drugs have a wide variety of side effects for different people. 6 months or even a year or 2 from time of vaccination it will be more and more difficult to pin a wide array of side effects specifically to vaccines.

the healthcare community should come clean and tell us they can't say for sure what the long term effects of vaccines will be--i remember biden saying if you get the vaccines you will not get covid-19...
we all know this was either a outright lie or false information given to him by his covid-19 advisers, or it could be that they just don't know as much about theses vaccine and the side effects that come with them as they are telling us they do, imo, it is false misinformation to say the vaccines are safe while ignoring, denying, downplaying possible risks.

either way, i think it is time for some honesty.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update: I'm sure how long I've been fever free. This mouth thermometer is erratic and has been 2 or more points off from this brand new forehead one i just bought. I still have a cough that's worse, but I don't even feel sick anymore. Then, the pulse ox that reads 94-6%, well, my wife found our original, and it still reads 97-98% just like old times.

So, Praise God! I really believe it's over. And I've learned a bunch of incredible lessons.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Update: I'm sure how long I've been fever free. This mouth thermometer is erratic and has been 2 or more points off from this brand new forehead one i just bought. I still have a cough that's worse, but I don't even feel sick anymore. Then, the pulse ox that reads 94-6%, well, my wife found our original, and it still reads 97-98% just like old times.

So, Praise God! I really believe it's over. And I've learned a bunch of incredible lessons.
🙏works.

really happy to hear this, now keep up the positive attitude-that goes a long way towards well being.:)

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

do the proning cough exercises to clear your lungs out. best to destroy this virus rather than slowly wait it out

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
do the proning cough exercises to clear your lungs out. best to destroy this virus rather than slowly wait it out
when i had my knee replacement they gave me this breathing thing called a 'INCENTIVE SPIROMETER' to improve breathing capacity and prevent pneumonia when i was unable to be very active at 1st.

i just looked it up, you can get a AIRLIFE VOLUMETRIC INCENTIVE SPIROMETER online for $4.32...highly recommend--there are more expensive ones you can get but the cheap one looks like it will do the job, and great price-eh? :)
'

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
IMG_9551.JPG

Case after case of these examples of transmission. It’s fact at this point that vaccines don’t impact spread. No need for studies. The only logical and moral thing the government could have done was provide better facilities and staff to help treat infections. Zero right to mandate anything health related or apply it to business sector. Wonder when people will realize it’s simply a power grab? Just like gun control, climate change, race/political wars, etc...

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
View attachment 210546

Case after case of these examples of transmission. It’s fact at this point that vaccines don’t impact spread. No need for studies. The only logical and moral thing the government could have done was provide better facilities and staff to help treat infections. Zero right to mandate anything health related or apply it to business sector. Wonder when people will realize it’s simply a power grab? Just like gun control, climate change, race/political wars, etc...
Unless this cruise ship has their 5g turned up too high?!

*adds layer of tin foil to head*

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Honestly hardly surprised, I had a break through infection 7 weeks after my second dose (which i waited the optimal 8 weeks from first dose).
you getting 3rd [booster shot]?

from my experience getting the virus supplies better protection than being fully vaccinated...although i admit, most people don't fare as well as my wife and i did.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 210546

if the government had put as much focus on proper treatment being immediately available once a person is infected as they have with trying to force vaccines on everyone, the death count would be much less, imo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely not. Natural immunity now babbyyy
absolutely!!!
mentally challenged biden trying to mandate people who have had covid into getting the vaccine is bullshyt.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
View attachment 210546

One thing I keep trying to point out here is - there is NO logical reason for the government to ever mandate a vax. But many of us are spending time arguing its effectiveness when we should be taking mandates off the table.

If the vax is ineffective, then mandating is forcing something of no benefit onto someone. Of course this is a lot of people's angle.

But let's assume you have a 100% effective, 100% safe vaccine - then what authority does the government ha e to force it on someone? At that point, my decision not to vaccinate has no effect on the lives of others. THEIR decision to not get vax'd is the only time they would be in danger.

The government has no right to impede my freedom if it does not impose on another person. If a vax is 100% effective, everyone who gets it is protected from my "stupidity" if I do not vax and thus my decision has no impact on others.

Just like they said there were so many individuals that were asymptomatic - I am beginning to doubt that as well. We had to wear masks because we could be infectious without knowing it and putting others at risk. If that is the case, between natural immunity in this country and vaccinations - we should be crushing herd immunity at this point, yet deaths keep rising.

This isn't to go against you so much as to point out that whether a vaccine is safe and effective or not - has no bearing on mandates.

What gets me is thus attitude that we need 100% vax rates. That is fantasy, we will never have 100% vax rates for any vax, and never will. 70% is pretty darn good. Flue vaccines rarely even get to 50% of the population and long term vaccines like the MMR, required for public schooling, that have built up over many decades, have us at about 90% of the population vaccinated. Without long term immunity, it is highly unlikely we will ever hit 90% vax rates and anyone thinking otherwise is living in a fantasy world.

It reminds me of a fantasy someone I know ow has - when it us pointed out that eventually everyone will have Covid-19, they recoiled and said, "I hope not!!" I thought - do you think that you will never come into contact with something less infectious, like the flu? Of course we all will. Hopefully treatments improve and it becomes less of an issue.

The current dogma out there just lacks any logic though.

Again, not directed at you because I think you know a lot of this...just seemed like a good place to insert these thoughts.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I still have a mostly dry cough...doesn't really feel like anything is down in there but I did try it. Nothing came loose. Just keep trying a few times per day?

Family update:
My 9 year old son tested positive today. Ugh.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I still have a mostly dry cough...doesn't really feel like anything is down in there but I did try it. Nothing came loose. Just keep trying a few times per day?

Family update:
if you don't cough anything up, you're probably not at risk for covid pneumonia

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Family update:
My 10-week old son had it far easier than any of us. He had congestion for a week, a temp of 99 a few times over several days with no acetaminophen or anything administered, and he was lethargic and appeared to be achey.

If that helps bring you any peace of mind. I wish your son health and a smooth experience! Kids do extremely well, statistically.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Family update:
Secretions/mucus aren’t really present at your stage in the game, or really for most people period. They do tend to develop though when people are on a ventilator for extended periods.

There is no need to push yourself trying to get something up that really isn’t there.

If you ever had a prior surgery and received an incentive spirometer, it would be a nice idea to utilize that for 10 breaths in a row every hour or so to expand your lungs. Otherwise, just take slow deep breaths to full lung expansion (no breath hold) for 10 breaths in a row. This will help open up the alveoli (gas exchange sacs) in your lungs to promote keeping them healthy.

I’m afraid this is not the case, but I definitely believe he will continue to do well.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Family update:
Odds are he will be fine in 48 hours. Unless he is obese and unhealthy

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cool beans. I'm still taking resveratrol, ivermectin and telmisartan which all 3 should fight against it.

My 10-week old son had it far easier than any of us. He had congestion for a week, a temp of 99 a few times over several days with no acetaminophen or anything administered, and he was lethargic and appeared to be achey.

If that helps bring you any peace of mind. I wish your son health and a smooth experience! Kids do extremely well, statistically.
I agree. I actually think my daughter brought it home to all of us and she's fine now.

take it easy on your son. a lot of the supplements you take might be too much for him. make some homemade chicken noodle soup and ****
Oh absolutely. The only thing he gets is rda D, C, zinc.

Secretions/mucus aren’t really present at your stage in the game, or really for most people period. They do tend to develop though when people are on a ventilator for extended periods.

There is no need to push yourself trying to get something up that really isn’t there.

If you ever had a prior surgery and received an incentive spirometer, it would be a nice idea to utilize that for 10 breaths in a row every hour or so to expand your lungs. Otherwise, just take slow deep breaths to full lung expansion (no breath hold) for 10 breaths in a row. This will help open up the alveoli (gas exchange sacs) in your lungs to promote keeping them healthy.
Well, I still have a very mild productive cough. Nothing like what I had with bronchitis or anything else before. Thanks for the breathing advice. Just did it. My lung expansion hasn't changed at all I don't believe.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Family update:
Prayers man. I work in the elementary schools and we have had a ton of Covid. Nothing serious. All kids felt fine in 1-2 days. Hopefully that's yhe case for your son.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not trying to ignore you or anyone else. I simply don’t have time to respond as I have to get some sleep. Though it’s hard to wind down I have to try. My manager and assistant manager better call off their damn meetings tomorrow because we simply can’t do this!

However, I gave stats on our ICU ventilators (all our beds) above. 4th floor was 1 unvaccinated admission after another. It’s truly sad to see the terror in their eyes and very unfortunate that they (for whatever personal belief) chose or didn’t get around to being vaccinated yet. It was one hell of a day. I could have just stayed there all night but I have to sleep and eat some food eventually.

G’night!

Ricky-

Where are you located? I have 2 nurse friends who aren't seeing what you are at all. One in south Louisiana and the other in Arkansas. Just curious.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Millions of people all over the world(including NYC) are protesting/rioting against this hoax and none of you know a thing about it because of the media blackout however they are trying to make it look like people are protesting"climate change". I can't handle the level of stupidity I'm seeing. I hate democracy

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ricky-

Where are you located? I have 2 nurse friends who aren't seeing what you are at all. One in south Louisiana and the other in Arkansas. Just curious.
Maine…

What are they seeing differently?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Millions of people all over the world(including NYC) are protesting/rioting against this hoax and none of you know a thing about it because of the media blackout however they are trying to make it look like people are protesting"climate change". I can't handle the level of stupidity I'm seeing. I hate democracy
Please stop posting in this thread.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ricky-

What are your friends seeing?

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Maine…

What are they seeing differently?

Just not seeing the numbers......hospitals aren't full and they are telling me it's about 50/50 for those vaccinated and unvaccinated getting treated. They did say more of the unvaccinated are passing compared to the vaccinated but from what I gather the difference isn't that big. They did say they run short staffed quit a bit but mostly from not enough workers but they have the rooms/beds available.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When my daughters school mandated vaccines, I email the dipshit administrator and asked straight out: If I agree to vaccinate my daughter, will you personally, along with the school, take responsibility for any negative side effects from the vax? Would you, ricky?
I don’t agree with vaccination being indicated for lets just say 16 or 18 years old and under. However, I definitely think it should be strongly considered in that demographic for those that are obese and/or diabetic, or have other risk factors.

I wouldn’t take responsibility for any negative sides if I brought a ziplock bag filled with one peanut into a grade school cafeteria.
Just calling out the bold part - do you really believe they vaccines have helped prevent people from getting to the ICU? It seems like, while half of the nation (or 72%) has become vaccinated - you are at ground zero seeing an increase and still holding onto hope that, "All we need is for more people to get vaccinated".
Yeah, apparently we are 72% fully vaccinated here currently. In the beginning of Delta, I know we were all discouraged in the hospital because we were seeing that roughly 40-50% of people being admitted with COVID were vaccinated. Some of those who were vaccinated did not got to the hospital for COVID related symptoms though, and just happened to test positive with routine testing. Aside from that, it didn’t take too long to recognize that the vaccinated COVID patients were indeed having much easier and shorter runs in the hospital, and rarely landed themselves in intensive care or on a ventilator. I think we have only had 2 vaccinated COVID patients on ventilators. I can’t even begin to count how many unvaccinated people we have had in intensive care and/or on ventilators.

In the past three weeks or so, we have had many more COVID admissions (~30 inpatients consistently) and rising. But now it’s very rare that I come across a vaccinated COVID patient, and even more rare that they require intensive care or a ventilator. Just 1 of the 11 vents we had a few days ago were vaccinated. Incidentally, we were down to 7 by the end of the next day. However, I don’t even know if they were successfully weaned off, transferred, or if they were removed from the ventilators to pass. I didn’t have the unit and we didn’t have enough time to discuss those details near the end of the day.

So I have mainly been in the emergency department and general floors the last few weeks, and all except for maybe 5% of the people I have seen for recent COVID admissions, or have looked up otherwise have been vaccinated. And the only patient RT has really had to do anything significant with is the 1 person on the ventilator (who is elderly) and maybe he was one of the four we lost?

So yes: when unvaccinated people are coming in the hospital with COVID PNA and vaccinated people are staying home, I think it’s quite clear that it’s proving beneficial.
Well, take smoking: I think you're an idiot if you smoke. So, in refusing treatment for a smoker, I would be essentially refusing treatment based on intellect, and that is wrong. In the case of obesity, I would be refusing treatment based on some personal weakness or lack of willpower. In the case of covid vaccines, ricky would refuse treatment because he thinks they're stupid.
I would only go so far as to call unvaccinated people stupid in a few instances. In most cases, I think they have just been too paranoid or scared off from all the the talk about sides or potential thereof (real or fabricated), and don’t make proper risk assessments as a result.

The stupid ones I can explain as being the following:

Two days ago, one of my coworkers went into an unvaccinated COVID positive patient’s room to try and wean her oxygen and this lady in her 50’s happened to be talking to her daughter on her cell/speaker phone. And no, the mother does not have dementia mind you.

Mom: Are you going to get tested since we were around each other so much?
Daughter: No, you probably just have a cold..
Mom: Yeah, I know. You’re probably right
Daughter: Yup, I’m going out Christmas shopping today!

I think the difference in this scenario is that smokers, drinkers, and even the obese are aware of the dangers their habits have. An extraordinary amount of people who are unvaccinated completely downplay the risks, saying its the flu or just the common cold, call people sheep for believing the virus is deadly, and then want help when they catch it and have severe symptoms.
Exactly
again bank robbers and terrorist KNOW the risks of what their doing. As does smokers and drinkers. The people im referring to are those who completely deny that their is any risk from Covid. Like dying isnt an option. They call it the flu or a cold, and live their life as such. There is a big difference between the two. You can disagree with how the **** is being handled but the virus is real and it kills.

You say incredibly dumb **** man to anyone who disagrees with you. No one is saying let people die, but people will call @Ricky10 a sheep and puppet, but then go to the hospital for his help. You have to be able to see how crazy that is. You speak of sympathy yet throughout this entire thread speak about people who chose to get vaxxed in a negative light.
And exactly
Out of curiosity how many of them received the treatment that celebrities and politicians do?(i.e. monoclonal antibodies, ivermectin, vitamins drips, etc)

And are you seeing anything else in common in these patients outside of vaccine status?
There is usually somewhat detailed information regarding outpatient therapies (not supplements) in the admission H&P if any were prescribed, or if they were treated/advised by their PCP. Also, they might note if patient was taking non prescribed Ivermectin or whatever the patient tells the admitting physician they were or weren’t doing themselves. If there was none of the above happening or disclosed by the patient, it just wouldn’t be mentioned.

Surprisingly, we haven’t had a problem with people seeking or demanding Ivermectin as an inpatient as you sometimes hear about. We don’t give routine vitamin drips of any kind, but patients do receive supplemental nutrients via Ng if the patient isn’t able to adequately nourish themselves. But the short answer is I don’t have a simple response to that.
Good questions. Age, sex, comorbidity, etc?
@Ricky10
There are definitely far less elderly people than let’s say a year ago. 50’s and 60’s being the most common age group, and there was a time a few months ago when it seemed the men were doing far worse than women. Currently, it’s fairly equal. Diabetics and/or obesity remain the largest common denominator. However, it’s not overly huge people, it’s your average every day American chunky 50 and 60 year olds. Then there are always a few in the mix who are a healthy weight and as young as in their mid 20’s. Of course they tend to do quite well, but they certainly would have rather avoided the shortness of breath and other symptoms that brought them to hospital. COVID admissions aren’t fun for the patient, or for the staff caring for them.
I know once admitted they are not given monoclonal antibodies, but it begs the question are any of the admitted patients people who received that treatment. It seems anyone rich, famous, or in government receives the treatment right away. My concern is doctors are not giving monoclonal antibodies(or anything like Tim Pools original doctor said) and by the time Ricky sees them it’s too late and an opportunity to help people was missed before reaching Ricky.
I actually don’t recall hearing or reading in H&P’s about anyone failing monoclonal antibodies in the recent past. Then again, lately I don’t have much spare time for perusing the H&P except to obtain information to do my job. I would imagine quite a few opportunities are missed..

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
covid is just a prank bro

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update: Still have night sweats oddly enough, but not the type with chills like a fever. I only have hypochondriac speculations of what's going on there. But, heart rate is finally coming back down. It's back to the mid 70's resting. For a while there resting was 90-100, and just standing up to 110.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don’t agree with vaccination being indicated for lets just say 16 or 18 years old and under. However, I definitely think it should be strongly considered in that demographic for those that are obese and/or diabetic, or have other risk factors.

I wouldn’t take responsibility for any negative sides if I brought a ziplock bag filled with one peanut into a grade school cafeteria.

Yeah, I apparently we are 72% fully vaccinated here currently. In the beginning of Delta, I know we were all discouraged in the hospital because we were seeing that roughly 40-50% of people being admitted with COVID were vaccinated. Some of those who were vaccinated did not got to the hospital for COVID related symptoms though, and just happened to test positive with routine testing. Aside from that, it didn’t take too long to recognize that the vaccinated COVID patients were indeed having much easier and shorter runs in the hospital, and rarely landed themselves in intensive care or on a ventilator. I think we have only had 2 vaccinated COVID patients on ventilators. I can’t even begin to count how many unvaccinated people we have had in intensive care and/or on ventilators.

In the past three weeks or so, we have had many more COVID admissions (~30 inpatients consistently) and rising. But now it’s very rare that I come across a vaccinated COVID patient, and even more rare that they require intensive care or a ventilator. Just 1 of the 11 vents we had a few days ago were vaccinated. Incidentally, we were down to 7 by the end of the next day. However, I don’t even know if they were successfully weaned off, transferred, or if they were removed from the ventilators to pass. I didn’t have the unit and we didn’t have enough time to talk discuss those details near the end of the day.

So I have mainly been in the emergency department and general floors the last few weeks, and all except for maybe 5% of the people I have seen for recent COVID admissions, or have looked up otherwise have been vaccinated. And the only patient RT has really had to do anything significant with is the 1 person on the ventilator (who is elderly) and maybe he was one of the four we lost?

So yes: when unvaccinated people are coming in the hospital with COVID PNA and vaccinated people are staying home.

I would only go so far as to call unvaccinated people stupid in a few instances. In most cases, I think they have just been too paranoid or scared off from all the the talk about sides or potential thereof (real or fabricated), and don’t make proper risk assessments as a result.

The stupid ones I can explain as being the following:

Yesterday, (well now 2 days ago) one of my coworkers went into an unvaccinated COVID positive patient’s room to try and wean her oxygen and this lady in her 50’s happened to be talking to her daughter on her cell/speaker phone. And no, the mother does not have dementia mind you.

Exactly

And exactly

There is usually somewhat detailed information regarding outpatient therapies (not supplements) in the admission H&P if any were prescribed, or if they were treated/advised by their PCP. Also, they might note if patient was taking non prescribed Ivermectin or whatever the patient tells the admitting physician they were or weren’t doing themselves. If there was none of the above happening or disclosed by the patient, it just wouldn’t be mentioned.

Surprisingly, we haven’t had a problem with people seeking or demanding Ivermectin as an inpatient as you sometimes hear about. We don’t give routine vitamin drips of any kind, but patients do receive supplement nutrients via Ng if the patient isn’t able to adequately nourish themselves. But the short answer is I don’t have a simple response to that.

There are definitely far less elderly people than let’s say a year ago. 50’s and 60’s being the most common age group, and there was a time a few months ago when it seemed the men were doing far worse than women. Currently, it’s fairly equal. Diabetics and/or obesity remain the largest common denominator. However, it’s not overly huge people, it’s your average every day American chunky 50 and 60 year olds. Then there are always a few in the mix who are a healthy weight and as young as in their mid 20’s. Of course they tend to do quite well, but they certainly would have rather avoided the shortness of breath and other symptoms that brought them to hospital. COVID admissions aren’t fun for the patient, or for the staff caring for them.

I actually don’t recall hearing or reading in H&P’s about anyone failing monoclonal antibodies in the recent past. Then again, lately I don’t have much spare time for perusing the H&P except to obtain information to do my job. I would imagine quite a few opportunities are missed..
That’s my concern is everyday people are missing opportunities. To be fair, based on what you are saying, some of the people may not have went for them because they didn’t take it serious. I would imagine some is on the medical staff and some on the individual.

It’s just kinda frustrating when you know anyone rich, famous, or in the public sphere is getting the kitchen sick right away if they want.

This is the type of **** that makes people become Bernie bros. I say that with no issue with the problems Bernie bros see…I just strongly disagree more government is the solution. So not trying to offend anyone with that statement. I just don’t want the government growing anymore if possible haha.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My wife and I watched V for Vendetta this weekend for the first time since it came out some 15 years ago.
Totalitarian govt created off the backs of a virus, pharma money, curfews, quarantine.
Beautiful flick.
Too bad it wasn't fiction, like I thought back in 2006.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My wife and I watched V for Vendetta this weekend for the first time since it came out some 15 years ago.
Totalitarian govt created off the backs of a virus, pharma money, curfews, quarantine.
Beautiful flick.
I'll need to rewatch that.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beautiful flick.
I watched it with my daughters on....Dec 5th. :D Fantastic, and prescient.

Sometimes I think they are literally yanking our chains on purpose: 'what are you bitching about, we told you what we going to do, hell, we even made a feature film about it!'.

Allergic people have lower risk of getting COVID-19: study (nypost.com)

People who suffer from allergic conditions have a lower risk for developing COVID-19, according to a new U.K. study.

The research from the Queen Mary University of London was published Thursday in the journal Thorax.

Analyzing data from more than 16,000 adults between May 1, 2020, and Feb. 5, 2021, the authors asked participants to provide information about their age, household circumstances, job, lifestyle, weight, height, longstanding medical conditions, medication use, vaccination status and diet and supplement intake upon enrollment in the study in an online questionnaire.

Monthly follow-up questionnaires captured incident COVID-19 and the researchers used logistic regression models to estimate the associations between potential risk factors and the odds of developing COVID-19.

15,227 people – with the majority women and nearly 95% who identified their ethnic origin as White – filled out at least one follow-up questionnaire and 14,348 people completed the final questionnaire. The average age of the participants was 59.

In total, 446 cases of coronavirus were recorded, or nearly 3% of participants. Thirty-two people were admitted to the hospital.

Those with atopic diseases like eczema and those with hay fever or rhinitis had a 23% lower risk of contracting the disease.

Including people who suffer from asthma, there was a 38% lower risk of infection – even after accounting for the use of steroid inhalers.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
here is a interesting article:
'More Exercise Lowers Risk Of Severe Covid-19:Study'

i firmly believe that my wife and i suffered such mild symptoms due to a strong cardiovascular/immune system from a lot of running/lifting for me and running/hiking for my wife. i run on average 20 hours a week + 3-4 hours of lifting, my wife probably gets in 10-15 hours of bike riding/hiking with her group of ladies, she has been doing body weight exercises for many years but i can't get her into the weights....

i often exceed their recommendation for 150 minutes of exercise weekly in a single day.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I want a desantis/gabbard 2024 ticket. :D let's make both sides heads explode.
hell yes. should run on the personal responsibilty platform--you do the crime-you do the time!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I saw this last week and have been paranoid of winter vagina ever since.
reminds me of a cadence we had in boot camp--i don't know what i been told, eskimo pussy is mighty cold...i think versions of this marching cadence goes way back, lol. 😻

sure did break up the monotony of marching for hours on end!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s my concern is everyday people are missing opportunities. To be fair, based on what you are saying, some of the people may not have went for them because they didn’t take it serious. I would imagine some is on the medical staff and some on the individual.

It’s just kinda frustrating when you know anyone rich, famous, or in the public sphere is getting the kitchen sick right away if they want.

This is the type of **** that makes people become Bernie bros. I say that with no issue with the problems Bernie bros see…I just strongly disagree more government is the solution. So not trying to offend anyone with that statement. I just don’t want the government growing anymore if possible haha.
I don’t know. There is definitely a mix of people that don’t take it seriously, and those that you can genuinely tell are more intelligent in that regard and just made the wrong choices for themselves. I just want to reemphasize a part of my prior post though in regard to this. Thankfully, this is not the majority of our patients.

Two days ago, one of my coworkers went into an unvaccinated COVID positive patient’s room to try and wean her oxygen and this lady in her 50’s happened to be talking to her daughter on her cell/speaker phone. And no, the mother does not have dementia mind you.

My former post was way too long, and I think much of what I was trying to say got lost. Even I don’t have the patience to read through it all…haha!

I was just trying to catch up on responding to people such as yourself as best I can that asked some great questions.

Last edited: