Where would you retire?

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Eventually, we all will have to retire from our busy life. I am sure we all have at least gave a thought into a place that we would like to retire and live peacefully. Where would that location be and why?

I hate the cold.....I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE. I would reside in a warm location all year around (that would be nice.) I would like to reside probably in the bahamas or Cancun, Cozumel. Just some where warm.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Ibiza without a doubt...........but i intend on having places al over the world so i dont have this dilema!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Spain!!!

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
well...in the country of USA i will luv to retire in texas. or rhode island. Out of the country ill take philipines!

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Some where warm and with a lot of golf courses.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
I would say Florida but I'd be at every hurricanes' front door. Maybe I would just move to the retirement capital of California, Apple Valley.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I don't wanna take the risk of it breaking off^^

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
My lady and I have been talking about this. Not that we're ready to retire, but its fun to discuss. We wont leave the US, we want someplace warm year round, and a place that is "gun friendly" as we have quite a collection. We're thinking AZ, Texas, New Mexico area when the time comes.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
If I went to AZ I would be like the rest of them, sell everything I own, buy the biggest nicest RV and rent a lot.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
costa rica beyond a doubt. beautiful women, nice beaches... can't be beat. belize is nice though. would be a close second.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
costa rica beyond a doubt. beautiful women, nice beaches... can't be beat. belize is nice though. would be a close second.

okanagan valley? isn't that where they're growing wine now? bleh. after almost 3 years in napa, i'm ready to loose it.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Yeah wineries are popping up along the valley. But they're not overwhelming by any means, they make good wine, and the valley is still a beautiful place :) Too bad I can't even afford to buy a decent house there with a 6 figure salary :(

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
yep. my condo is 400k in napa for a two bedroom. my house, which is on 1/3 of an acre, just appraised at 650k, and thats in a recessed market. and its nothing special, 3 bedroom 2 bath with sunroom and a three car garage. i mean yay... it ain't a mansion or anything like. i'd sell the damned thing if this market would ever recover. pre collapse, it would have hit the market for 780k.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's crazy. Not sure how strict American banks are/were on lending, but not easy to get a mortgage up here. At my age, having a large income doesn't mean much, with no equity to transfer I'm looking at a mortgage payment of over $4k a month in the OK.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
good god. 4k? i can't imagine that. of course, you guys don't have to pay for health care. you don't know how lucky you are, until your 30 year old girlfriend needs a hysterectomy, which costs about 140k in the US. i'll probably need to put a mortgage back on the house to pay for this.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
My province is actually abolishing health care premiums next year. So I won't pay a cent directly to health care. The downside is seeing the better part of half your paycheque get deducted every two weeks. My father lives in the US. We worked it out one day that, with him earning about $30k a year less than I do, he actually took home more.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Norway or Sweden for cold.

Ibiza for hot.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I'd prefer the SW if I retired in Australia. Perth and area...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
New Hampshire, Maine or Vermont. Change of seasons, not drastically hot, and quiet/peaceful.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
My lady and I have been talking about this. Not that we're ready to retire, but its fun to discuss. We wont leave the US, we want someplace warm year round, and a place that is "gun friendly" as we have quite a collection. We're thinking AZ, Texas, New Mexico area when the time comes.

You can't go wrong with Texas bro. It's like a whole nother' country over here.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So many good choices. I'd love to get either a bunch of land and a ranch in Colorado. A lakehouse in NH or Mass. A house on the sound in Seattle. Penthouse in Boston. I don't have a desire to move outside of the US...for now. We'll see how the next eight years pan out.