What do you get at Starbucks?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
No worries mate. But if you've ever seen the Doco on Starbucks you'l know that the price they pay for their coffee is insanely low like a few cents a kilo and the farmers in Senegal or whereever it is earn about $1/day.
I heard, they must make a killing. I usually just grind and brew my own. Even then I barely drink coffee anymore. Too many supps I like have caffeine already in them ;) I wonder what Tim Horton's (Canadian chain) pays for coffee its not that much cheaper and tastes like no other coffee I have tried in my life (I don't like it at all)

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I always laugh when people complain about Starbucks prices then some other place (here its Tim Horton's). They say how the price for a coffee is so much expensive. Then I end up going with them to a Starbucks and they order the most lavish drinks that are more dessert then coffee. I usually point this out. You order plain coffee with cream and sugar at your regular place and here you order a dessert drink, no wonder you think its expensive.
Exactly!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
No worries mate. But if you've ever seen the Doco on Starbucks you'l know that the price they pay for their coffee is insanely low like a few cents a kilo and the farmers in Senegal or whereever it is earn about $1/day.
hahhha i wouldn't be surprised but thanks for the info(i figured this was prob the case)

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I just picked up some bags of SB coffee the other day and am drinking it now...great stuff....but the original price for the bag was $12!! I usually go to a local gas station that has Gullivers Coffee and get a huge 32oz for a buck. And they have all sorts of flavors like mocha java and Kona...mmmmm

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Reminds me that i would love some Starbucks right now, but after driving the kids to school this morning the snow is too slipperry right now:( Not worth the drive.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reminds me that i would love some Starbucks right now, but after driving the kids to school this morning the snow is too slipperry right now:( Not worth the drive.
Wanna bet? Get your ass moving!!

STARBUCK'S AWAITS!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Snow- 8+ inches soutside chicago

Thanks to you all im hittin up starbucks before work.
I get Cinnamon Dolce- great
Today im goin to try the Carmel Macchiato(sp?) due to a work friend recomending it and here....

It is pricey and i do brew my own very very often but My mom just gave me a Starbucks give card for $10 and i had a $5 one i used last week form someone else.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Brrr I hate driving in it. My Jeep slides all over.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brrr I hate driving in it. My Jeep slides all over.
You shouldn't have spilled those bottles of Slick Pleasures in the driveway!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's fully lame. I'm proud to serve our troops. +1 for not being Starbucks.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's fully lame. I'm proud to serve our troops. +1 for not being Starbucks.
Gotta read the link Jayhawkk posted. The anti-military stance is just an untrue urban legend.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definately a carmel machiato. However i like the pumpkin spice/gingerbread latte's that are seasonal.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definately a carmel machiato. However i like the pumpkin spice/gingerbread latte's that are seasonal.
I am finishing my Caramel Macchiato right now...triple shots, baby!!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good... I typically don't go to Starbucks, but that pumpkin spice latte sounds like it may hit the spot tomorrow morning... They take debit there? I rarely carry cash

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I only get lots of smiles from the cute little barista's...

Ok, that's not entirely true. I also get a Venti Coffee with a shot in the dark (2x/day).

And although I miss Dunkin Donuts (none here in CO), the SBX isn't really that expensive for 'just' a cup of coffee (like 2$) If you get any of that other crap, triple, organic, green, skinny, chai, caramel something or other machiatto, then yeah, it'll cost ya.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good... I typically don't go to Starbucks, but that pumpkin spice latte sounds like it may hit the spot tomorrow morning... They take debit there? I rarely carry cash
They do take debit cards: My caramel with chocolate mocha with an extra shot was great today, almost worth going out in the snow:)

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i'm off there now, i still don't like them tho, just the white mocha's :lol:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
never, i drink other colours of coffee all the time, i only just this morning had coffee of the darker persuasion, i just like to share it around, i'm a coffee whore :lol:

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I went to my Barnes & Noble (which has a SBUX in it) and had 2 black coffees and a Cafe Americano over a 3-4 hour period. Ever tried to study while that jacked up on coffee? I was reading like 300 mph but not really taking it in. But it tasted so yummy!

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
never, i drink other colours of coffee all the time, i only just this morning had coffee of the darker persuasion, i just like to share it around, i'm a coffee whore :lol:
Dude, once you go black, you never go back... :blink: coffee that is

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
there's few I like:

1/2 sweet peppermint hot chocolate (tastes like an After Eight)
mocha latte & frappacino
latte

I always order non-fat, no whip/foam - cuts the calories a fair amount :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok so i had my fix today. Gingerbread latte oohhh so good! :twisted:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a café mocha kinda guy......non fat milk,with whipped creme(no homo)........sh*t is bananas!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
best and I mean BEST tasting drink when it's hot outside is vanilla bean frap. It taste like melted ice cream :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I heard, they must make a killing. I usually just grind and brew my own. Even then I barely drink coffee anymore. Too many supps I like have caffeine already in them ;) I wonder what Tim Horton's (Canadian chain) pays for coffee its not that much cheaper and tastes like no other coffee I have tried in my life (I don't like it at all)
I have Tim Hortons here, so what do you mean by Canadian Chain?. Just that it is based in Canada?

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Tim Horton's originated in Canada but is expanding to the US and internationally in the future I think. The coffee is pretty addictive and it has the least amount of caffeine compared to other sellers like starbucks or duncans. There was an article some years ago about people claiming they put nicotine in the coffee to make it so addictive haha. Wasn't true obviously.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
What do you people suggest from ducan doughnuts im going on monday.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thesinner being at starbucks usually entails thesinner being with a girl. I always get a regular black coffee, and she (whatever girl I'm there with) usually yells at me for getting something so plain when there's so many exotic things available (as she proceeds to get some queer 'coffabomintion').

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
best and I mean BEST tasting drink when it's hot outside is vanilla bean frap. It taste like melted ice cream :)
x1,000!!! Those are so good but packed with cals so i had to lay off my one everyother day deal.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

Attachments

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thesinner being at starbucks usually entails thesinner being with a girl. I always get a regular black coffee, and she (whatever girl I'm there with) usually yells at me for getting something so plain when there's so many exotic things available (as she proceeds to get some queer 'coffabomintion').
Be careful...she is testing you to see how adventurous you are.

/Fail

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Solution General Chat 0
The Solution General Chat 31
General Chat 5
Nutrition / Health 1