What did you feel when using L-DOPA/mucuna?

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
We have a diet product that contained each. I noticed it took the edge off dieting a bit when calories are in a deficit.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Put me to sleep, and when I woke up I was groggy for two hours.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
I have a bottle of untouched mucuna because im afraid to mess with dopamine. That the reason rehab centers exist. Also elevated dopamine levels can cause temporary bouts of schizophrenia. Great post because Im curious to know the side effects specific to mucuna.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I have a bottle of untouched mucuna because im afraid to mess with dopamine. That the reason rehab centers exist. Also elevated dopamine levels can cause temporary bouts of schizophrenia. Great post because Im curious to know the side effects specific to mucuna.
Mmm....spot on!

These are exactly my worries.

I am very afraid to order mucuna for the same reasons!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Mucuna pruriens generally improves my depth of sleep, mood, and libido (NOW Mucuna or SNS Inhibit-P). 99% L-dopa has similar effects but actually increases my alertness during the day and doesn't have as strong of an effect on mood.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Better sleep quality and mood are the two things I notice most.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Mucuna pruriens generally improves my depth of sleep, mood, and libido (NOW Mucuna or SNS Inhibit-P). 99% L-dopa has similar effects but actually increases my alertness during the day and doesn't have as strong of an effect on mood.
Better sleep quality and mood are the two things I notice most.

Is it addictive?

Was the improved mood natural-feeling or drug-like?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Anything that increases DA output from the Ventral Tegmental Area onto the nucleus accumbens has addictive potential, but since we are talking physiological doses of l-dopa without "surges," the addictive potential is essentially nil.

It was a natural uplift in mood.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was a very natural feeling. My mood was just noticeably better overall.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Anything that increases DA output from the Ventral Tegmental Area onto the nucleus accumbens has addictive potential, but since we are talking physiological doses of l-dopa without "surges," the addictive potential is essentially nil.

It was a natural uplift in mood.
So when you take a narcotic,you get a supraphysiological surge of dopamine as a result?

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Bouts of schizophrenia? I've never experienced anything bad with mucana. Haven't met anyone who has actually

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So when you take a narcotic,you get a supraphysiological surge of dopamine as a result?
Yes, they typically occupy the mu opioid receptor, which inhibits GABA release, which disinhibits dopamine release on adjacent neurons synapsing onto the NA.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Yes, they typically occupy the mu opioid receptor, which inhibits GABA release, which disinhibits dopamine release on adjacent neurons synapsing onto the NA.
So this is something entirely different from when you take in l-dopa?

After all,it would be a banned substance otherwise?

L-dopa does not act on opioid receptor?

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Bouts of schizophrenia? I've never experienced anything bad with mucana. Haven't met anyone who has actually
Sounds good,how do you do with anxiety/depression in general?Not prone?

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I`m in for the libido boost.

Does libido come from one dose?

I want to use it occasionally.

I can`t get PCT Assyst-I know you suggested it Mr.Coop but I can`t afford the 34$ shipping.

If I decide to get it I`ll go with NOW Dopa Mucuna.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Yep! Not instant but after a couple hours yes. Sleep is also improved like the others have said.

Sent from my iPhone

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
Anybody successfully lowering prolactin levels with this? I see the claims are there but want to know if anyone actually has experience.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So this is something entirely different from when you take in l-dopa?

After all,it would be a banned substance otherwise?

L-dopa does not act on opioid receptor?
L-dopa is a precursor to dopamine. Don't worry about addiction.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big chour,was this an instant effect from first dose?
For me it takes a few days to really kick in. After a week though, libido and wood is through the roof!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've took mucuna for many years and it just adds a nice little lift to my mood. I ran about a years worth of 8 week cycles of Endosurge with great results in the libido department. Sleep was deeper and had vivid dreams. Not ZMA type crazy dreams, but fun none the less.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I've took mucuna for many years and it just adds a nice little lift to my mood. I ran about a years worth of 8 week cycles of Endosurge with great results in the libido department. Sleep was deeper and had vivid dreams. Not ZMA type crazy dreams, but fun none the less.
For me it takes a few days to really kick in. After a week though, libido and wood is through the roof!
Guys,does the libido stay on later in the cycle,or does it tank?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It leveled out for me at about week 5-6. Still high, but I think I got used to it.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Yeah schizophrenia exposed in people with no previous mental health issues. As a result of elevated dopamine levels. Had a buddy of mine who was a pot smoker and tried 1/3 of MDMA pill once in the form of Molly. He didnt have any issues that night but 2 weeks later his behavior started changing. He was paranoid for about a week and his behavior was very abnormal. He tried it with 2 other friends and they didnt have any issues. This could be just an isolated case but a warning nonetheless.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah schizophrenia exposed in people with no previous mental health issues. As a result of elevated dopamine levels. Had a buddy of mine who was a pot smoker and tried 1/3 of MDMA pill once in the form of Molly. He didnt have any issues that night but 2 weeks later his behavior started changing. He was paranoid for about a week and his behavior was very abnormal. He tried it with 2 other friends and they didnt have any issues. This could be just an isolated case but a warning nonetheless.
No, just no dude lol... Comparing the dopamine increase found with mucuna to that of MDMA is not really appropriate.

- Valdez

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
This caught me off guard!Just trying to figure how it relates to the subject!

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Dopamine is dopamine. It may not have any relevance at all just a warning

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MDMA does not strictly increase dopamine levels though. The euphoric effects are felt due to the increase in norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. However, I'm guessing the highest increase is in serotonin considering long term use effects are that of serotonin depletion.

That's like saying using nicotine increases dopamine, be careful of seizures or carbs increase serotonin, be careful of serotonin syndrome.

- Valdez

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the restful sleep I receive. I either get bulk mucuna or inhibit p

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This thread makes me sad :(

Some of the comments are really​ off-base.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So brain region, intensity of dopamine spikes, and halflife of dopaminergic drugs doesn't matter? Then I guess we better stop using methadone in opioid withdrawal treatment.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Schizophrenia has several hallmarks, none of which you mentioned. Don't assume he has schizophrenia. The disease is caused by a supraphysiological excess in dopamine in a very particular region of the brain. L-dopa won't cause schizophrenia, but if you already have schizophrenia, it can exacerbate it.Lastly, MDMA affects everyone differently, and while its effects while on it are relatively benign (except for excessive hyperthermia or hyponatremia in severe conditions), the 24+ hours after use are where depressive side effects can manifest. Extrapolating the dopamine and serotonin surge caused by MDMA to mild l-dopa treatment is like comparing Tribulus to Methyl-Tren

yowler99

yowler99

Awards
I slept like a baby when I took it, I still take it!

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
So brain region, intensity of dopamine spikes, and halflife of dopaminergic drugs doesn't matter? Then I guess we better stop using methadone in opioid withdrawal treatment.
Believe me when I say that being from baltimore, also known as "heroin city" the methadone clinics are not alleviating the addictions. Its just settling for natty light when there's no bud light around. But this thread has gone WAAAAAYYYY off topic. I was wrong about the L-dopa, just exposing a personal fear of mine that had no relevance. Now please back to the LEVODOPA.

leprechaun1

leprechaun1

Awards
I've used Endosurge and Now dopa macuna and get a noticable increase in libido and a mild increase in overall well being. I've always stacked it with DAA so I'm not sure how it would do on its own. Not trying to thread jack but does anyone know the half life for it. I've read 2-3hrs and 6hrs.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't know, as I always just followed the directions of 6pills split into 3 times a day for Endo.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Believe me when I say that being from baltimore, also known as "heroin city" the methadone clinics are not alleviating the addictions. Its just settling for natty light when there's no bud light around. But this thread has gone WAAAAAYYYY off topic. I was wrong about the L-dopa, just exposing a personal fear of mine that had no relevance. Now please back to the LEVODOPA.
You clearly don't understand how methadone works. You cannot get high off the dose of methadone used in the clinics. You are getting liquid-methadone from clinics confused with pill methadone prescribed by pain management centers. The thread is not off topic at all, and the analogy is very relevant. Heroin creates a supraphysiological surge of DA in the nucleus accumbens in a brief window of time. Methadone has a much, much longer half-life, and the "trickling" effect of dopamine (less released per unit time) creates a very different perceived physiological response. In this manner, L-dopa is not comparable to any illicit drugs and cannot be rooted out as a cause for schizophrenia. Got it?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Methadone is crap for curing addiction.

BELIEVE ME,I KNOW>

So you`re spot on,it`s just a substitute.

As for levodopa....

I keep reading how some Parkinson`s patients develop schizo after years on levodopa.

I wouldn`t rule it un-harmful.

It`s practically a med,obtainable as supplement.

Guess I`m just gonna have to order a bottle and see for myslef.
One bottle shouldn`t **** my brain up.

I`m really liking the libido part everyone keeps mentioning.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Methadone is crap for curing addiction.

BELIEVE ME,I KNOW>

So you`re spot on,it`s just a substitute.

As for levodopa....

I keep reading how some Parkinson`s patients develop schizo after years on levodopa.

I wouldn`t rule it un-harmful.

It`s practically a med,obtainable as supplement.

Guess I`m just gonna have to order a bottle and see for myslef.
One bottle shouldn`t **** my brain up.

I`m really liking the libido part everyone keeps mentioning.
Hey dude thanks for having my back, try DRIVE from App Nut for libido. It works wonders in the libido department. Im on it myself.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
This is what wiki says about l-dopa sides:

The side effects of L-DOPA may include, but not limited to:

Hypotension, especially if the dosage is too high
Arrhythmias, although these are uncommon
Nausea, which is often reduced by taking the drug with food, although protein interferes with drug absorption
Gastrointestinal bleeding
Disturbed respiration, which is not always harmful, and can actually benefit patients with upper airway obstruction
Hair loss
Disorientation and confusion
Extreme emotional states, particularly anxiety, but also excessive libido
Vivid dreams and/or insomnia
Auditory and/or visual hallucinations
Effects on learning; there is some evidence that it improves working memory, while impairing other complex functions
Somnolence and narcolepsy
A condition similar to stimulant psychosis

Although there are many adverse effects associated with L-DOPA, in particular psychiatric ones, it has fewer than other antiparkinsonian agents, such as anticholinergics and dopamine receptor agonists.

More serious are the effects of chronic levodopa administration in the treatment of Parkinson disease, which include:
End-of-dose deterioration of function
On/off oscillations
Freezing during movement
Dose failure (drug resistance)
Dyskinesia at peak dose (levodopa-induced dyskinesia)
Possible serotonin depletion: Recent studies have demonstrated that use of L-DOPA without simultaneously giving proper levels of serotonin precursors depletes serotonin[citation needed]
Possible dopamine dysregulation: The long-term use of L-DOPA in Parkinson's Disease has been linked to the so-called dopamine dysregulation syndrome

It is after all,wiki,but nevertheless...

WEBMD:
A powdered preparation of cowhage called HP-200 seems to be safe for most people. The most common side effects include nausea and a sensation of abdominal bloating. Less common side effects include vomiting, abnormal body movements, and insomnia.

Side effects of other cowhage preparations include headache, pounding heartbeat, and symptoms of psychosis including confusion, agitation, hallucinations, and delusions.

The hair of the cowhage bean pod is a strong irritant and can cause severe itching, burning, and swelling if it is taken by mouth or applied to the skin.