• RockStar
Gym time 5am - 6:15 am
W2-d3
Pre workout coffee + 4caps prime XT

bench (bands)
145x8x8
155x5x5

floor press
135x8x8x8 must have took it all out on the bands, I felt so weak on these.

T-bar row
45x12
92.5x10x10

DB row single arm supported
90x8x8

DB lateral raise incline bench
12.5x16x16x13x12

neck work

cable curl
30x21x21x19

cable rope tricep push down
30x21
40x16

post workout vitamin d

still taking pea relief just 1 cap in the evening. Prime XT has been steady at 12 caps a day. I am at 2 weeks on this. Can say I do seem to be a more fuller look and I feel denser. Probably not as much as I would be if I was in a slight surplus but that’s just not my goal at the moment.

Also this go around I have cut shakes/milk out. I have a meal at noon and 2 or 3pm another meal. Then dinner then we go for a family walk. This has been putting me about 1900 calories 180-200 G protein, been staying under 100 grams of carbs usually 80ish. Then average 40-50 grams fats. Filling up with lots of water.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How does the math workout for the calories there? 200pro 100cho 50fat should be roughly 1650 calories?
Correct I should have clarified that I bumped the calories up for when I grab a handful of trail mix or some almonds I usually don’t mark that down but I just figure up to capture that. So you are correct here was yesterdays snap shot

Disregarding the calories burned, that’s just what my watch inputs, i don’t really pay attention to that figure.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Taking the day off of work been slow this week with all the rain. I couldn’t bring myself to sit in that damn office another day.

gym time 6:45am- 8:15 ish
W2-d4
Sitting right at 220 again seems to be my story 😂

hyper extension
BWx10
45#platex10x10

pull ups
Bw x 6 x 5

deadlift
135x8
185x5
225x5
(Belt)
255x3
275x3
255x5x5x5
Back seemed a little fatigued from yesterday I might need to swap these days around.

squat
135x10
185x8

leg curl machine seated
125x10x10x10

BB shrug
245x10x10
195x25

incline Swiss bar looking thing? Tricep extension neutral grip
40x10x10x10

tried to do dips but shoulders not liking that

single arm preacher curl
25x11x11x11x11

neck work plate curls

banded tricep extensions
Face pulls
Free hangs

with the day off going to go hit some garage sales for something to do with the family. Also going to fast all day might push into tomorrow and see if I can bust through this 220 road block.

also I have a ten unit that will arrive today, going to start utilizing that for some recovery work. ( neck trap area, no pinched nerves at the moment but want to keep this area from being a problem) One of the guys at work had one he let me try out wowsers that thing was powerful.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Has anyone tried the Mutant flex food MRP ? Looks interesting and some decent deals on DPS.
Yeah, it's pretty good and I've worked it into my routine. Not a true MRP or gainer IMO, more a protein shake with some clean carbs. Taste is decent, but mixes up super thick. If I use a spoon, I have to add the scoop in parts otherwise it just gets too clumpy. But in a shaker cup you're golden.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I went in half an hour late today so I could stay at the gym longer - they still owe me about 5 hours from an overnight maintenance we did a few weeks back
That mutha fukkin “Maitenenace Window”. I’m not even allowed to blow on the network unless it’s in “the window”

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That mutha fukkin “Maitenenace Window”. I’m not even allowed to blow on the network unless it’s in “the window”
12-6 local, except since it was Friday night/Sat morning we actually waited until 1pm to do a solid for all the streamers up late.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
12-6 local, except since it was Friday night/Sat morning we actually waited until 1pm to do a solid for all the streamers up late.
Same here for time frame(local). I try to do coax my boss to letting me do break/fix work Sat a.m. as I work Tues-sat so the weekend starts a little earlier. I usually do a 4am to 12 noon and then he tells me I need to take a lunch. And I say “you meant breakfast”. 🤣

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5:15 am 6:30 am
W3d1

bench
45x10
95x5
135x3
155x3
190x5
175x5
115x15x10x10

lat pull down
155x8x8
115x10

trap bar deadlift
225x10x10

BB curl
50x20x12x12

treadmill
Did a HIIT style would jog/run then cool down repeat etc etc. I suck at it but I will get better. I need way more conditioning.

for those that have followed along in my log, it’s going to get kinda boring (more boring then it was 😂). What I have been doing worked great last year but not so much this year. I have made decent gains in my lifts but nothing spectacular. On the flip side I’m not really dropping weight.
I’m just not moving enough.

so what I will be doing going forward is keeping the main lifts bench/squat/deadlift/OHP and a few accessories to follow. Then get on the treadmill and start working on HIIT and conditioning.

I’m not straying from my goal I want to get down to 200 and then this winter, move into maintenance/slight surplus and put on some muscle and gain strength.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Either way, you are still putting the work in and that is all that matters. Having to buy new pants after putting on a lot of fluff is not cool. Having to buy all new pants after dropping 20lbs is bragging rights!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Then get on the treadmill and start working on HIIT and conditioning.
it's a time management issue for me. seems like you can relate. I just don't have the available time to be at the gym for 2+hrs anymore, 6 or 7 days a week. so I find I often have to choose between the weights or the cardio....

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
it's a time management issue for me. seems like you can relate. I just don't have the available time to be at the gym for 2+hrs anymore, 6 or 7 days a week. so I find I often have to choose between the weights or the cardio....
It definitely is for sure.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am going to try cardio b4 work and weights after. If I try to do both after work that puts me being “done” way too late. 8:30ish and then dinner time w fam etc. you 2 r both right. Major juggling act!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If I try to do both after work that puts me being “done” way too late. 8:30ish and then dinner time w fam etc. you 2 r both right. Major juggling act!
I've tried to learn more from @MrKleen73 who has grabbed all these extra little 15-20 minute cardio sessions on lunch breaks etc. just cramming them in. I need to walk my dogs more instead of just throwing the ball for them, that would give me 20minutes + at night and be good for them. Since we are going into golf season, I'm going to force myself to walk as much as possible. it will save me a ton of money on cart rentals and add many miles....

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That’s def 1 way to get your steps in. I need a smart watch. I want to see what I actually hit for steps in a day.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That’s def 1 way to get your steps in. I need a smart watch. I want to see what I actually hit for steps in a day.
i've tried those things a few times but I dont' really like wearing a watch unless it's a nice fashion piece, I do use the runkeeper app sometimes when golfing though to see how many miles I walk.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i've tried those things a few times but I dont' really like wearing a watch unless it's a nice fashion piece, I do use the runkeeper app sometimes when golfing though to see how many miles I walk.
I use the Apple Watch I do find it handy despite being anti Apple Watch in the beginning. Mine was kinda an eye opener I don’t get near as many steps in as I was thinking.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use the Apple Watch I do find it handy despite being anti Apple Watch in the beginning. Mine was kinda an eye opener I don’t get near as many steps in as I was thinking.
we used to wear these pedometers that our insurance gave us and if we hit our 10k every day we got some sorta rebate, like $30/month or something like that paid quarterly. I found I could attach it to my fan for a while but then they updated the software so I had to resort to attaching it to my dogs collar. I never really felt bad about that because at the time I was still in xfit and competition. I could do 1-2hrs worth of work, 1 or 2 wods, 7 million double unders etc, be sweating soup at 8% bodyfat and still not get "all my steps in". so I was like screw it. ha

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
we used to wear these pedometers that our insurance gave us and if we hit our 10k every day we got some sorta rebate, like $30/month or something like that paid quarterly. I found I could attach it to my fan for a while but then they updated the software so I had to resort to attaching it to my dogs collar. I never really felt bad about that because at the time I was still in xfit and competition. I could do 1-2hrs worth of work, 1 or 2 wods, 7 million double unders etc, be sweating soup at 8% bodyfat and still not get "all my steps in". so I was like screw it. ha
We have something like that but I have never looked into it to be honest. I’m just at the point where I have calories cut and lifting weights and before it worked. Now I think I need to get more steps> burn more calories then I have been and so I need to get my feet a moving 😂

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We have something like that but I have never looked into it to be honest. I’m just at the point where I have calories cut and lifting weights and before it worked. Now I think I need to get more steps> burn more calories then I have been and so I need to get my feet a moving 😂
As @Smont would say, “either move more, or eat less”

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The concept is easy. The reality of putting it all together is a diff story. At least for me
Yep, ppl get mad when i say it cus its so simple. But sometimes doing simple things is very challenging. Especially when you get up at two o'clock in the morning and eat 12 pop tarts on occasion 🙋‍♂️.

But everything fitness is extreamly simple, if you can stick to it. We see it often here on the forum with..... "hows my cycle" or " should i use trest or dbol" none of it matters Because it's the guy that's always asking.Who can't stick to his meal plan or eat enough food.

****, im guilty, ive never ben big and lean at the same time for more then a few weeks or months, because i cant keep up with the food. So I started eating foods that are more calorie, dense and more junk foods than before know it im just getying fat

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Switching it up with some more cardio can be a refreshing idea. I'd keep in mind though you just started the first week back in a deficit so not to get too crazy about needing to make changes.

Also keep in mind with things like HIIT and harder cardio work it can be just as much or more challenging to recovery from, especially if you aren't used to it and on lower calories. Just make sure you try to find the right balance between that and making sure you are just keeping out of gym movement up (commonly tracked with steps like mentioned to offset any decrease in NEAT) so that it isn't offset outside the gym.

The concept is easy. The reality of putting it all together is a diff story. At least for me
Many things are simple, but doesn't mean they are easy. :)

It also isn't solely as simple as eat less and move more, that rarely is actually helpful in an actionable sense. That is like just telling people ok just lift more if you want to be stronger, like duh, but when you understand the nuance of these things it leaves a lot of room for pulling the right levers for the right situations.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Switching it up with some more cardio can be a refreshing idea. I'd keep in mind though you just started the first week back in a deficit so not to get too crazy about needing to make changes.

Also keep in mind with things like HIIT and harder cardio work it can be just as much or more challenging to recovery from, especially if you aren't used to it and on lower calories. Just make sure you try to find the right balance between that and making sure you are just keeping out of gym movement up (commonly tracked with steps like mentioned to offset any decrease in NEAT) so that it isn't offset outside the gym.

Many things are simple, but doesn't mean they are easy. :)

It also isn't solely as simple as eat less and move more, that rarely is actually helpful in an actionable sense. That is like just telling people ok just lift more if you want to be stronger, like duh, but when you understand the nuance of these things it leaves a lot of room for pulling the right levers for the right situations.
Eat less move more always works if the person has some Common sense. It means if the scale has stopped moving you have 2 options. You can lower your calories or you can increase your activity to burn more calories,
And that never fails, its just calories in vs calories out.

Obviously were not gonna tell a total newb eat less/move more with zero context or instructions.

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5:15 am - 6:30am
Pre workout 1 scoop pump addict + coffee + 4 caps prime XT

Legs definitely feeling it from Monday. It’s crazy how out of shape I had to have been 2 years ago. I have lost a fair amount of weight and definitely improved, but my just general conditioning is still sub par to say the least 😂

warm ups stretching

hyper extension
BWx10x15x20

BB squat (sequence of how I ran the sets)
185x8
225x1
185x9
225x1
185x6
225x1
185x6

incline bench Tricep extensions
45# plate x15x12x12x12x10 (these seem to hit my triceps extremely well)

neck work
On back curls 10# plate x20x15x10x10
On stomach 25# plate x15x15x12x10

tread mill 16 minutes HIIT then 15 minutes LISS

yesterday 12,000 steps. My plan is to get at least 10k a day in.

this will be a increase of 5k steps. My average step count from the start of the year has been around the 5k mark.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Legs definitely feeling it from Monday. It’s crazy how out of shape I had to have been 2 years ago. I have lost a fair amount of weight and definitely improved, but my just general conditioning is still sub par to say the least
that's just cause you're raising the bar of what you think conditioning should look like ;)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that's just cause you're raising the bar of what you think conditioning should look like ;)
This is a likely (and positive) thing, IMO. Not that we should judge others harshly who haven’t come to the same place mentally, but it’s good to realize you are made of tougher stuff than you once believed - to expect more of your true potential!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is a likely (and positive) thing, IMO. Not that we should judge others harshly who haven’t come to the same place mentally, but it’s good to realize you are made of tougher stuff than you once believed - to expect more of your true potential!
This is why the old cliche is true and that it really is about the journey, once you hit the destination you're already making travel plans to the next goal! 🤘

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Gym time 5:15 am - 6:30am
Pre workout 1 scoop pump addict + coffee + 4 caps prime XT

Legs definitely feeling it from Monday. It’s crazy how out of shape I had to have been 2 years ago. I have lost a fair amount of weight and definitely improved, but my just general conditioning is still sub par to say the least 😂

warm ups stretching

hyper extension
BWx10x15x20

BB squat (sequence of how I ran the sets)
185x8
225x1
185x9
225x1
185x6
225x1
185x6

incline bench Tricep extensions
45# plate x15x12x12x12x10 (these seem to hit my triceps extremely well)

neck work
On back curls 10# plate x20x15x10x10
On stomach 25# plate x15x15x12x10

tread mill 16 minutes HIIT then 15 minutes LISS

yesterday 12,000 steps. My plan is to get at least 10k a day in.

this will be a increase of 5k steps. My average step count from the start of the year has been around the 5k mark.
Legs are tough, i have to Annihilate most bodyparts to get sore but my legs get sore almost every time i do legs or run anything over 2 miles.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
All this conditioning talk got me in the mood to go push a sled around
I love doing oddball **** like that. Sleds, tire flips, sledge hammer, battle ropes, high rep clean and press with lighter weights and bumper plates.

Im thinking about Getting a kayak To power my way up and down the shoreline for a good workout.

Pretty much.Anything's better than running for me lol.

But ive running too. Nothing crazy, 5k 2×week

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I love doing oddball **** like that. Sleds, tire flips, sledge hammer, battle ropes, high rep clean and press with lighter weights and bumper plates.

Im thinking about Getting a kayak To power my way up and down the shoreline for a good workout.

Pretty much.Anything's better than running for me lol.

But ive running too. Nothing crazy, 5k 2×week
They have some good buys on Kayaks right now at lots of places. Seeing them for 199.99. I picked one up last year. It’s a blast

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
same, I miss my og xfit box where we just sweat and puked and bled everywhere throwing **** on the ground, climbing ropes. Running beats the holy hell out of my feet these days so I'll tabata anything I can find to eek out some conditioning work over long distance running. <-- probably because I USED to run 5ks a lot and now I'm paying for it lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
They have some good buys on Kayaks right now at lots of places. Seeing them for 199.99. I picked one up last year. It’s a blast
6 or 7 years ago, before i quit drinking i had 1 at the beach club my parents belong to. I was pretty far out and i dumped it "drunk". It filled up with water and i stupidly held on and kept it from sinkng but realized i was gassing out and Swallowing water, luckily some kids in a boat came out and i held the boat witj 1 hand and dragged the kayak to shore "it was completely underwater".

Havnt Going kayaking sense lol, at leaat not more then 20 yards from shore. But i really want one again

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
10,300 steps today, managed to get out at lunch and get a walk in what a nice break from the desk that was.
Do you work a full time desk job? That definately makes things a little tougher. My girl works From home at her desk all day on the computer. I had a few female clients last year the same and building there diets is tough because the lack of activity makes for a low calorie demand. Building on those steps is a great idea. I have my girl eat 2 small meals from her desk at 10am and 2pm so she can use her lunch break to go for a walk or do some cleaning. Basically just do something. I would hate to waste my lunch like that but I'm also up-and-down ladders and moving around all day.So I like to sit still and do nothing at all at lunch lol.