MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you got some good news at the growth scan. Good to hear that knee is on the mend.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5:10 am -6:20 ish
Testing out my knee slightly today, hoping to be back to squats next week.
Warm ups/streching

deadlift
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x3x3x3 (belted)
Everything feeling good, weight was moving fast but didn’t want to push it.

good mornings
95x8
135x10x10x10

bench (unplanned but a kid asked me to spot and then I just went between sets with him)
135x5
175x3
185x3
205x2
175x5x5

dips
BW x 8x8x8

cable row drop set to shrugs
100x15x15x15x15

Ez bar preacher curl
50x15x15x15

BW squats
X20x20x20

Bench I was not planning on but a young kid wanted a spotter so I asked if I could just jump in between his sets. Also gave some pointers and helped him hit a PR of 175. He did lift offs for me at 185 and 205 that was a great deal. I’m at an awkward spot middle pins are just a little to low and top pins are to high.

knee is doing good it was a little achy last night at the end of the day but compared to be that way all day I’ll take it.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hope you got some good news at the growth scan. Good to hear that knee is on the mend.
Oh yeah I forgot to post an update. I was so wrong it was not a growth scan because we have not hit the 2 week mark yet, growth scan is this coming Tuesday.
So this last one was stress test, Doppler checks and whatever they call the 8 point checklist for the little guy. Everything was good there. So yes waiting to see if we made some progress this coming Tuesday.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
gym time 5am-6 am
Squat-
160x10x10x10

wide squat-
135x10x10

front squat-
95x10x10

leg extension-
80x15x15x15

BB lunge
45x15x5 (was going for 3 sets of 15 but my legs started to give out on me)

AB machine crunch-
110x15x15x15

A really good session, couldn’t make it through the lunges though.

I decided to run Alex Bromleys 70’s power lifter program.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow Man, no crap your legs started giving out on you on those lunges. Doing 5 sets of 15 per leg is turning your leg session into a bit of a HIIT session, that is major exhaustion there, especially if they were walking lunges. If I did that it would probably be my only leg exercise that day. If you want to increase volume you might try that on one of your single 2 leg compound movements. I wouldn't really try to go over 3x15 on lunges. Maybe 4x10 but I would put the bulk of that energy toward the main lifts volume moreso than pushing up volume on lunges unless you just want to get really good at them for some specific reason.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow Man, no crap your legs started giving out on you on those lunges. Doing 5 sets of 15 per leg is turning your leg session into a bit of a HIIT session, that is major exhaustion there, especially if they were walking lunges. If I did that it would probably be my only leg exercise that day. If you want to increase volume you might try that on one of your single 2 leg compound movements. I wouldn't really try to go over 3x15 on lunges. Maybe 4x10 but I would put the bulk of that energy toward the main lifts volume moreso than pushing up volume on lunges unless you just want to get really good at them for some specific reason.
Yeah it was a lot harder than expected. Just trying to follow is program as layed out. But might just have to do body weight for these ones. We will see how next week goes 😂

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks like he runs this higher volume in a 3 week wave scheme. Off the top of my head I can’t remember the break down but is a 18 week program.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah it was a lot harder than expected. Just trying to follow is program as layed out. But might just have to do body weight for these ones. We will see how next week goes 😂
That's right you are doing a set program now. So just following the layout.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's right you are doing a set program now. So just following the layout.
Yep, I used the RP app for quite a while, still really enjoy that and will go back to it at some point. Then did a block of more strength focus to see where I’m sitting. Then ramped up some cardio and more or less a small de load lighter weights for a week. Planned to start this last week but my knee was giving me some issues so this week is go time.

Run this program and he has programmed in a peak week so I can see how I am progressing, then analyze from there. This will carry me through the summer which is perfect.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
He was going for 3x15, but he failed after rep 5 on the second set. He rights his sets & reps all goofy like Israetel recommends

45x15,5 is how I’d write it.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
He was going for 3x15, but he failed after rep 5 on the second set. He rights his sets & reps all goofy like Israetel recommends

45x15,5 is how I’d write it.
So for a whole year I’ve been writing it all goofy! I’ll fix it 🤣

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d just be careful with your recovery jumping from decreased work with the increased cardio into such a high volume routine on your cut, but adjusted correctly you should be fine.

I love lunges in a painful love kind of way. I think a lot of people just kind of go through the motions, but my legs were biggest during a period when I was doing some mind numbingly heavy and high rep progressions (in conjunction to other things but the lunges and heavy split squat single leg work really helped me in many ways).

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’d just be careful with your recovery jumping from decreased work with the increased cardio into such a high volume routine on your cut, but adjusted correctly you should be fine.

I love lunges in a painful love kind of way. I think a lot of people just kind of go through the motions, but my legs were biggest during a period when I was doing some mind numbingly heavy and high rep progressions (in conjunction to other things but the lunges and heavy split squat single leg work really helped me in many ways).
I did take this into consideration and have moved some meals to after the session to help fuel recovery. Also have started on the lower side of the percentage ranges he recommends. So we will see, also I have adjusted up calorie intake to hopefully help accommodate, will ride it out and adjust accordingly if needed. Where you doing Db lunges or BB?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lol no I’ve learned your language by now it’s all good. I can read BoomBoom at a passable level!

The fat guy in me would always choose to do fronts in that scenario just because it’s half the exercise for the same reps
BoomBoom language 😂 I like it

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did take this into consideration and have moved some meals to after the session to help fuel recovery. Also have started on the lower side of the percentage ranges he recommends. So we will see, also I have adjusted up calorie intake to hopefully help accommodate, will ride it out and adjust accordingly if needed. Where you doing Db lunges or BB?
I’ve done a ton of both, but even with straps certain weights in DBs just get awkward so I did most of the heaviest stuff with a bar.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve done a ton of both, but even with straps certain weights in DBs just get awkward so I did most of the heaviest stuff with a bar.
Can the smith machine be utilized well or the limited bar path make it harder? Have never tried it but it’s always open and wondered if that would work.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Idk if lunges would really be viable in one, but I’ll be honest I don’t really workout in commercial gyms so I’ve pretty much had no access to one 99% of the time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Idk if lunges would really be viable in one, but I’ll be honest I don’t really workout in commercial gyms so I’ve pretty much had no access to one 99% of the time.
I don't think a lunge is possible in a smith machine, many people do split squats in them and some refer to them as lunges. They are very similar but miss out on some of the stimulus the lunge can provide. Still extremely effective though.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya I don’t mind if most people mix them up as long as they are consistent when they do them, but when people tell me they learned them from some professional and they do the wrong one something in me dies a little.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Same as usual up at 4:30am this time I decided to try 1/2 scoop of All out Ultra with 8 ounces of water. Flavor a little more mild with 1/2 scoop but still really tasty! Also applied.5 mil of Iconic AET and Iron Legions VII-KT pre workout. Also a cup of coffee.

BB OHP (60% of 1rm)
80lbs X 10x10x10

Wide grip bench(6-7 RPE)
155lbs x 10x10

Behind the neck push press
85lbs x 10x10

DB lateral raise
15lbs x 15x15x15

Ez bar skull crusher
50lbs x 15x15x15

cable rope tricep push down
30lbs x 15x15x15

Another really good session, behind the neck push press completely new so that one not as sure weight wise on.
Legs definitely feeling it today from yesterday. Still really early to tell but I’m really enjoying this program so far

This is also an odd note but the last 2 days it seems my shoulders are really showing, at least seems to be really sticking out in the mirror. No complaints at least it looks like I actually maybe lift some weight 😂

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
how is your lady and baby doing?
So yesterday was the growth scan. We did make progress! She is 35 weeks yesterday, he was basically 5lbs. According to there measurements and however they come up with the calculations he is now at the 8th percentile, we came up from the 5th. We were hoping to see the 10th percentile, but none the less it was growth and in the right direction.
Doppler tests have all been great, he passes all bio physical tests 8 out of 8 and all the NSR tests have been good. So all really good news and things on track just a little behind what they like to see.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Off day today, I almost went in but I knew it would be a complete waste as I’m definitely feeling sore. Tomorrow though got deadlifts so I’m excited!
I’ll probably quickly retreat and retract that statement coming week 2 and 3. Next week is 4x10’s then week 3 is 5x10’s. 🤣😢

Weight still trending down this morning 217. Also rocking some amazing farmer tan lines.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Tomorrow though got deadlifts so I’m excited!
so funny man, that was me the last 2 years and all the sudden lately my mindset has completely changed and I'm throwing in my deads to try not to lose them, but starting to get more excited about squat sessions 😂😂

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5:10 am -6:10am

deadlift (60% of 1RM)
190lbs x 10x10x10

Romanian deadlift BB (6-7 rpe)
135lbs x 10x10

Good morning (6-7 rpe)
135lbs x10x10

BB row (6-7 rpe)
105lbs x15x15x15

Seated hamstring curl (6-7 rpe)
100lbs x15x15x15

hanging leg raises
15x15x15

So week 1 completed. I feel like I could have maybe started a little heavier but looking ahead for the next 2 weeks I think that would have been a bad idea. Next week main movements will be 4x10’s and bumped up to a 62.5% and accessories go to 4x15’s.

Doing the deadlifts today I really focused on squeezing glutes to help drive my hips forward. That made a huge improvement and the speed was crazy.

the good mornings well I’m not super great at those yet but improving on them.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't know why, but I really love RDLs. I tend to hold my last rep in a pause in the bottom position and it just gets me fired up.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't know why, but I really love RDLs. I tend to hold my last rep in a pause in the bottom position and it just gets me fired up.
I feel like they have really made a large improvement on my deads and just my back in general.
Given my recent back challenges, I may start focusing/emphasizing with this until I'm feeling right again.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How do you do your RDL? I feel like sometimes this is another one I assume is done a certain way but some people don’t always do it that way (like our lunge and split squat convo but prob not as common).

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How do you do your RDL? I feel like sometimes this is another one I assume is done a certain way but some people don’t always do it that way (like our lunge and split squat convo but prob not as common).
Great question, so this is the video I used and still use and how I perform my RDL.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sweet should have figured you’d have a good video considering the program.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love the Alan Thrall video where he explains the “origins” of the SLDL vs RDL techniques.

RDL:
“Once there was a boy named Roman, and every time he would lift weights his grandmother would shout at him, ‘Roman! Don’t be dropping those weights on the floor & making all that racket!’, so he had to keep the tension in his hamstrings and never let the bar touch for fear of his grandma.”
🤣🤣🤣

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday Was a super nice day here. Had to swing by a project and do a quick inspection, then went and did a tour of a large local dairy. Get to see the whole production and taste ice cream and fresh milk, had a blast with the family. They tagged along on my work trip and then we went and did the tour.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm confused about all that blue in the sky where the clouds are supposed to be, what causes that?
what's that dark thing next to you on the ground, is that "shadow"? I keep hearing about those.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gooooood Monday morning!

little behind this morning woke up 4:30 am 1 scoop of All Out Ultra in 12ish ounces of water and down the hatch! Tasty as always! Took longer to get out of the house.

gym time 5:15-6:30 am
Week 2 day 1 of 70’s powerlifter program.
Bench (62.5%)
135lbs x10x10x10x10

Wide bench 6-8 rpe
155lbs x10
135lbs x10x10

incline bench 6-8rpe
95lbs x10x10x10

T bar row 6-8rpe
70lbs x15x15x15x15

lat pull down wide grip 6-8 rpe
85lbs x15x15x15x15

Ez bar curl
40lbs x15x15x15x15

whew…. Chest was pump city, incline I was struggling on big time but hit the targets. Arm pump was the crazy good at the end of the curls.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow’s session 😂

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The one thing you can’t see is the millions of mosquitoes zeroing in like vampires to drain me dry!
that's one thing I don't have to deal with a lot but we are expecting a lot of flies, bees, hornets and wasps this year. we had a fairly mild, wet, but mild winter so it's already starting out a bit buggy this year....

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gooooood Monday morning!

little behind this morning woke up 4:30 am 1 scoop of All Out Ultra in 12ish ounces of water and down the hatch! Tasty as always! Took longer to get out of the house.

gym time 5:15-6:30 am
Week 2 day 1 of 70’s powerlifter program.
Bench (62.5%)
135lbs x10x10x10x10

Wide bench 6-8 rpe
155lbs x10
135lbs x10x10

incline bench 6-8rpe
95lbs x10x10x10

T bar row 6-8rpe
70lbs x15x15x15x15

lat pull down wide grip 6-8 rpe
85lbs x15x15x15x15

Ez bar curl
40lbs x15x15x15x15

whew…. Chest was pump city, incline I was struggling on big time but hit the targets. Arm pump was the crazy good at the end of the curls.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow’s session
Nice session!