mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm curiuos for answers as well.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
any strong androgen reduces SHBG. also since estrogen increases SHBG, lowering estrogen reduces it also.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Stinging nettle root extract binds to SHBG thus rendering it unable to bind testosterone.

Proviron and Turinabol most certainly do, but there are other issues that make their availability a challenge.

I believe, but can’t say for sure, that H-Drol is good for lowering SHBG

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Stinging nettle root extract binds to SHBG thus rendering it unable to bind testosterone.

Proviron and Turinabol most certainly do, but there are other issues that make their availability a challenge.

I believe, but can't say for sure, that H-Drol is good for lowering SHBG
I was going to post nettle nettle and nettle lol. I am jumping on hdrol here soon....while also on nettle extract which jacks my free test up more than double. Guess im in for a real whammy of freed up test here shortly....never heard that about hdrol before.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was going to post nettle nettle and nettle lol. I am jumping on hdrol here soon....while also on nettle extract which jacks my free test up more than double. Guess im in for a real whammy of freed up test here shortly....never heard that about hdrol before.
Please do not take my word on H-drol for SHBG reduction as being definitive; its not.

I seem to recall reading that, so it is something that may be worth researching.

Jut want to admit my limitations.

Thunder13

Awards
hey Anabolic what kind of "stinging nettles" did you use? Root, leaf etc,..and what dosage if you recall? Also did you encounter any negative sides with it?

Thanks !

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
hey Anabolic what kind of "stinging nettles" did you use? Root, leaf etc,..and what dosage if you recall? Also did you encounter any negative sides with it?

Thanks !
Pretty much anything with the root extract in it, make sure its an actual standardized extract with % of divanil or actives listed on the nutritional label. I've used division 1 and MN Test factor (both discontinued) as well as unleashed (still available). I just ordered some Divanex from NP, and I got a BUNCH of suggestions on other possibilities in supp forum....check for the thread about discontinued SHBG supps, or just search my username and it will be there. Too many suggestions to list really.....

Thunder13

Awards
Ok Anabolic Tanx... and so i guess My Whole Foods version of nettles wont do Jack huh? lol Ok I will do just that and search the threds etc. One last q? I can order online, of course, but can ANY of those you listed be bought in Vitaminshoppe or any Bodybuilding Supp Stores? Also did you get good resullts as not only lowering SHBG per labs, but feeling the diff with more Free T available ?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok Anabolic Tanx... and so i guess My Whole Foods version of nettles wont do Jack huh? lol Ok I will do just that and search the threds etc. One last q? I can order online, of course, but can ANY of those you listed be bought in Vitaminshoppe or any Bodybuilding Supp Stores? Also did you get good resullts as not only lowering SHBG per labs, but feeling the diff with more Free T available ?
So long as its Stinging Nettle Root (and not Stinging Nettle Leaf), yes it will do some good.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
VS or random nutrition stores probably have a house brand extract, and also probably carry brands such as NOW etc......but it will be hit and miss as far as them carrying the brand name products. Many are only sold on their company site such as Unleashed. That being said I'd just order from NP and get any brand from any company cheap, no sense in going to the shops and paying double or triple for brand names (the house brands are usually priced fairly of course). But nah, I didn't get any additional benefits from freeing up all that test, felt pretty much the same...then again my E2 was jacked up really high the entire time in addition to my free test being sky high...so that puts a damper on things, esp any benefits from the freed up test. E2 sucks :D

infraredline

Awards
Avenacosoides is also a good ingredient that increases free test. It is an extract of avena sativa.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Avenacosoides is also a good ingredient that increases free test. It is an extract of avena sativa.
Yes. back in the day everybody got a libido boost from the stuff, but there was no science as to why...obviously it was freeing up bound test and working in that manner....same with tribulus, everybody thought it raised (total)test, but in reality it was increasing libido in another way. So both of these ingredients were initially thought to increase total test due to their positive effect on sex drive, but they were doing other (good) things, just not what you might initially assume.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Two compounds that comes to my mind for that purpose are avens sativa and nettle root extract. But it's already been said.

Thunder13

Awards
Thank you ALL very Much Gentlemen ! Now I know which way to procede! Rock well \m/

neothecat

Awards
From what I've been reading, "Avena Sativa" by itself does not lower SHBG. We are looking for "Avenacosides A and B".

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Believe it.............or not...........

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
If your on TRT and have high levels of Estradiol your SHBG is going to be high binding up all the T in your body making your FT very low. It's not a good Idea to take things to lower SHBG you need to fix the way one good way is to take Aromasin this lowers your Estradiol very fast in a day and lowers your SHBG mine is go low. But Dr. says it's not a problem because it's the Aromasin doing this.
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/pct-post-steroid-cycle-therapy/exemestane-aromasin-king-anti-estrogens-628003.html

Thunder13

Awards
If your on TRT and have high levels of Estradiol your SHBG is going to be high binding up all the T in your body making your FT very low. It's not a good Idea to take things to lower SHBG you need to fix the way one good way is to take Aromasin this lowers your Estradiol very fast in a day and lowers your SHBG mine is go low. But Dr. says it's not a problem because it's the Aromasin doing this.
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/pct-post-steroid-cycle-therapy/exemestane-aromasin-king-anti-estrogens-628003.html
PMgamer... what if I am not on TRT any longer, (just did 6-8 weeks worth) but my SHBG has always been high on Quest labs and E2 coming in no lower than 17, but 28 on my last lab, Nov 2013, (4weeks ago) so I did buy some Stinging Nettle root in cap form and began supping with this? I also have An AI , ADEX
And I have taken in but not as of late. I have the symptoms of HIGH E2, popping joints,No REM sleep wood, sensitive erect nipples at times, And also an underarm/body scent i have never had before. So the guys who posted earlier, with their testimony on Nettles to lower SHBG slightly, is why I went that direction. Dont have the results Im looking for yet, but it is early in the process.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Thunder,

You can take stuff to lower E2 and this is what your feeling is high E2 levels what E2 test are you doing if it's a Labcorp Sensitive E2 test this is crap they are always telling men they are lower then they are. I don't even go by labs anymore I go by how I feel. Keep a log on what you taking stuff like Zinc 50mgs with 2 mgs of Copper helps keep E2 down. Also Indolplex/DIM is great I tell older men that come to the forum I help out at to test E2 before going on TRT getting E2 down can make there TT levels go up 100 to 300 point here is a link about it.
http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/89/3/1174
Or get some of this brand of Indolplex/DIM I know this works.
http://www.iherb.com/Enzymatic-Therapy-Pure-Rip-with-DIM-60-Tablets/12814?at=0
Other men that don't need a lot of Arimidex get it compounded.
==============================================
Most compounding pharmacies will require a prescription from a doctor, before they do this.

Once your prescription says "300 caps x 0.1mg" or "600 caps x 0.05mg" anastrozole "from 1 to 4 daily", (anastrozole = generic arimidex) then they will compound your arimidex, or generic anastrozole, and they will usually supply the arimidex as compounded into the caps you require.

My compounding pharmacist was prepared to allow me to supply the arimidex too. If you have several boxes of arimidex in your cupboard, then you may want to ask your pharmacist to do this for you.

If you don't have any arimidex stores, then just let the compounding pharmacy supply the whole lot.

###

A pack of 30 tabs of 1.0mg arimidex will give 300 caps at 0.1mg-per-cap, or 600 caps at 0.05mg-per-cap.

So if your pharmacy chooses to supply arimidex as opposed to generic anastrozole, then your pharmacy will most likely not agree to only charge you for a half-a-box of arimidex, and most likely they'll charge for a whole box, even if your prescription says 300 caps at 0.05mg-per-cap (total of 15mg).

Don't worry about going to low it's the best way to figure out the dose you need to keep your E2 in the sweet spot if you can't get it up at all like it's dead your to low. Just stop what your taking until your Rem Sleep Wood comes back then that day go back on it but take less. If your E2 is going up you can get it up but it's not very hard or good enough for sex and you can have sweating with anxiety and feelings or panic along with night sweats this means your E2 is going up you need more of what your taking to lower it.

After a time you will get very good at reading your body. I come across a lot of men not on TRT with bad ED problems and I tell them get there E2 tested and they come back high. Some fix this with just Zinc others with DIM and or Arimidex.
PMgamer... what if I am not on TRT any longer, (just did 6-8 weeks worth) but my SHBG has always been high on Quest labs and E2 coming in no lower than 17, but 28 on my last lab, Nov 2013, (4weeks ago) so I did buy some Stinging Nettle root in cap form and began supping with this? I also have An AI , ADEX
And I have taken in but not as of late. I have the symptoms of HIGH E2, popping joints,No REM sleep wood, sensitive erect nipples at times, And also an underarm/body scent i have never had before. So the guys who posted earlier, with their testimony on Nettles to lower SHBG slightly, is why I went that direction. Dont have the results Im looking for yet, but it is early in the process.

Thunder13

Awards
Thank you all very much and esp PM Gamer for the detailed protocols. ! :)

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
Proviron has a high affinity to bind to SHBG. I recommend a dose of 75mg ED for the first 7 days then drop it down to 25mgs ED.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Sadly, it is a challenge to get.
I used to be able to get those tiny Schering bottles of Proviron 50mg with the tiny pills in them.....as many as I wanted, should have "stocked up" lol :D

proviron.jpg

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Yes; enough for all of us.
LMFAO, yeah, if I was like the Jesus Christ of AM.....I could turn a couple bottles of proviron into enough for the entire village :D

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Proviron has a high affinity to bind to SHBG. I recommend a dose of 75mg ED for the first 7 days then drop it down to 25mgs ED.
idk if i would supplement with DHT, unless you dont care about your hair or prostate

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
idk if i would supplement with DHT, unless you dont care about your hair or prostate
It is a scary proposition, supplementing with DHT.....but its more of a personal call you have to make after considering your own genetics. If you are prone to MPB? Steer clear. If you are prone to prostate issues? well that might be estrogen related, or it could be DHT related, there seems to be conflicting evidence lately on which is the culprit (or maybe both are to blame). I do know that Saw Palmetto extract formulas work to alleviate prostate pinching issues, not sure if it works on DHT or estrogen though, I've always figured it was working on the DHT. I worry less about the prostate than I do about the hairline, I guess I am more superficial than health conscious :D But I think it boils down to if you are prone to MPB, and that should be the decision maker right there. Then again, if you are prone to MPB, but like to shave your head anyways? Well then DHT can't do anything worse than shaving your head does to your hairline right? lol

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
It is a scary proposition, supplementing with DHT.....but its more of a personal call you have to make after considering your own genetics. If you are prone to MPB? Steer clear. If you are prone to prostate issues? well that might be estrogen related, or it could be DHT related, there seems to be conflicting evidence lately on which is the culprit (or maybe both are to blame). I do know that Saw Palmetto extract formulas work to alleviate prostate pinching issues, not sure if it works on DHT or estrogen though, I've always figured it was working on the DHT. I worry less about the prostate than I do about the hairline, I guess I am more superficial than health conscious :D But I think it boils down to if you are prone to MPB, and that should be the decision maker right there. Then again, if you are prone to MPB, but like to shave your head anyways? Well then DHT can't do anything worse than shaving your head does to your hairline right? lol
exactly how i feel as well, SP works on DHT levels btw

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
exactly how i feel as well, SP works on DHT levels btw
That is what I've figured/known since a decade back when I first used it....but lately all the blame for prostate issues has shifted to estrogen so.....

Thunder13

Awards
Thank you TCSlick for the info and to the others as well :)