Velocity Diet To 10/10 Transformation

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
for the v-diet? if so, i used true protein's team skip
It is an ok substitute, but it has a different mouth-feel than Biotest's MD, very similar to all of TP's products. Also, I thought the level of satiety was a bit lower, like I digested it too fast.

Just something to keep in mind.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is an ok substitute, but it has a different mouth-feel than Biotest's MD, very similar to all of TP's products. Also, I thought the level of satiety was a bit lower, like I digested it too fast.

Just something to keep in mind.
So like it went thru you too fast and were hungry again?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
So like it went thru you too fast and were hungry again?
Yeah, I used a combo of MD and TP's Team Skip blend. Definitely 'held' onto the MD a little longer it seemed.

Not being a biotest nuthugger, just relaying my experience.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
hmmm... i worked fine for me, if cost is an issue i'd go with true protein, don't get me wrong MD is a great product, freaking expensive is all
Oh, I'm not saying it didn't work for me, just saying that there were times that I got hungry sooner, whereas with the MD, it stayed with me longer.

I don't think MD is that much more, maybe $1/lb. Also they offer a V-Diet 'special' that saves you like $50.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, I'm not saying it didn't work for me, just saying that there were times that I got hungry sooner, whereas with the MD, it stayed with me longer.

I don't think MD is that much more, maybe $1/lb. Also they offer a V-Diet 'special' that saves you like $50.
Where at? I'm gonna give this a run after baseball seaon's over.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking of doing the tru protein, but doing a custom blend with added psyllium husks for fiber for better fill

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of doing the tru protein, but doing a custom blend with added psyllium husks for fiber for better fill
yeah i remember you posting the formula looked legit, save that formula, in case i gotta run a quick v-diet later this summer ahhaa

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Had a good workout last night loooked like this:

6x3 super sets, 60 sec rest

A1 Zercher Squat
A2 Weighted Chins

B1 DB Romanian Deads
B2 Weighted Dips

workout was challenging and refreshing, i had been doin circuits for bout three weeks, which i bleive reallly helpped out with my overall endurance, work capacity, and recovery rate between sets. This workout was chalenging in that it allowed me to throw some heavier weight around, what i haven't done in a while

bulk phase of the 10/10 transformation called for 3 cheat meals a day
i'll be doing cheats on Monday Wednesday, and saturday.
Yesterday's cheat looked like this, 6 inch turkey sub with all the fixings plus a bag of potato chips, not too shabby. For the most part im gunna concentrate on keeping my cheats clean, but just really gettin the calories in.

Tonight, i have another full body workout looks like this:

3x16, super set, 90 sec rest

A1 elevated Pushup
A2 Good Mornings
B1 Row palms up
B2 step-up

*notice how overall volume is down, due to the high frequency of HFT

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Yerp... it's official... glycerine is now a staple to my supplement arsenal

just some post workout pics after expiermenting with vegetable glycerine, tnxs to t-nation :box:

workout went really well, weight heavier than i thought id be able to handle, will adjust for my next 3x16 workout

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Wow bro, lookin swole.You just used regular veggie glycerine ehh? I'll try the GMS 2maro. If I dont look like you i'll try and pick up some gylcerine from CVS or somthing.
haha tnxs bro, i got mine at wholes foods, its crazy how sweet this stuff is, its so sweet it actually burns a little as it trickles down your throat!

where can i find this GMS you speak of?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha tnxs bro, i got mine at wholes foods, its crazy how sweet this stuff is, its so sweet it actually burns a little as it trickles down your throat!

Nutraplanet. Its pretty cheap too. Comes in huge flakes so I ground it up in a coffee grinder so its normal powder now. It's used in GylcerGrow, SizeON and WTF Pump'd

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established

Hey, damn fine log cranghel099!! How did you dose the Glycerine?

Lookin shredded in those pics BTW

widding

Awards
Ive done the 10/10 transformation im warning you.
BE CAREFUL when you start the bulk phase after 3weeks youre gonna do fullbody 5x a week.
I got injured in the knee (overload) and ive been out for about one month now.. And ive never been injured before so be carefull and listen your body!

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Hey, damn fine log cranghel099!! How did you dose the Glycerine?

Lookin shredded in those pics BTW
Thanks bro, i did 2 tablespoons of glycerine than i drank about 45 ounces of water prior to my workout, 15 min. before my workout i had my typical supplements, beta alanine, creatine mono. BCAA's, whey, banana, and glutamine

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Ive done the 10/10 transformation im warning you.
BE CAREFUL when you start the bulk phase after 3weeks youre gonna do fullbody 5x a week.
I got injured in the knee (overload) and ive been out for about one month now.. And ive never been injured before so be carefull and listen your body!
I'm in the bulk phase (PHASE 2) right now, So far so good

How did u get injured did you over-train?
What's your training age? and did u have full body workout expierence prior to starting HFT?

I've done a handful of waterbury workouts the past nine months er so: Antibodybuilding hypetrophy part 1, antibodybuilding hypertrophy part 2, Triple total training x 2, art of waterbury, modified singles club(shorter length than normal)

I could see that the 10/10 transformation bulk phase could be an issue if you were to jump into it without any prior full body workouts, but im pretty familiar with waterbury's training parameters:
1. never train to failure on his full body workouts
2. Never sacrifice form for weight
3. Leaving about 2 reps in the hole, is a good guidline to where you should terminate a set
4. ultimately, terminate the set, once your acceleration decreases significantily

but, thanks for the heads up bro

widding

Awards
I did Waterbury method right before it. (had 2weeks break before i started the 10/10).
three first week was great. And than the first week on phase two was great but i just couldnt walk more almost after a while! But i have a dog which i walked with alot..
Yes the doctors say overload injure (i think its overload in english, atleast to much work for the knee to handle)

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
I did Waterbury method right before it. (had 2weeks break before i started the 10/10).
three first week was great. And than the first week on phase two was great but i just couldnt walk more almost after a while! But i have a dog which i walked with alot..
Yes the doctors say overload injure (i think its overload in english, atleast to much work for the knee to handle)
well, I hope you a speedy recovery widding.

But to be honest with you, phase 4 looks to be the most challenging part of this program, with the increase in volume and overall frequency staying about the same ( 5 workouts a week) a heavy day from phase 2 (6x3) transitions to phase 4 (5x4), overload very much a possibliity in this phase; waterbury himself even said don't fret if you can't finish the sets toward the end

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Well crang. Im def gonna need glycerine. I had an explotion after my 2nd dose :dump: pretty sure its from the the GMS :sad:
haaha that's rough, but i really hope this anabolic stack works out, maybe a reduction in overall dosage in supplements is needed, for example 2 grams of creatine, 1 tbs. of glycerine, etc. Slowly taper up your dosages over a couple of days

I was also pondering on the idea of using glycerine dosed throughout the day on carb loading days on any variation of a ketosis diet (v-diet, tdawg 2.0, or anabolic diet). This could possibly help when glycogen levels are depleted. JUst a thought, what do u guys think?

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Cranghel099, where did you get the Chad Waterbury workouts that you've tried? I am looking to pick up probably both of his books ( 10/10 and V ) from, if I remember correctly, chadwaterbury.com

Are they in his other books?

Not sure if you know but I was looking around online and wanted to pick up a few books to read through, any suggestions?

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Cranghel099, where did you get the Chad Waterbury workouts that you've tried? I am looking to pick up probably both of his books ( 10/10 and V ) from, if I remember correctly, chadwaterbury.com

Are they in his other books?

Not sure if you know but I was looking around online and wanted to pick up a few books to read through, any suggestions?
I highly suggest you buy his book called Muscle Revolution from either his website or from t-nation.com (think that is the only websites you can get it). Very informative book covers a vast amount of information covering stuff from nutrition to his basic training parameters.

You also get some of his best workouts he's ever written, most of them updated:
Beginning Programs:
Anti-Bodybuilding Hypertrophy
Big Boy Basics
Triple Total Training
Intermediate programs:
Strength-Focused Mesocycle
Total Body Training
Waterbury Method
SOB Training
Hybrid Hypertrophy
Advanced-level programs
Outlaw Strength and Condition
Single's Club
Art of Waterbury
Lift Fast, Get Big
Quattro Dynamo (VERY REPUTABLE PROGRAM, HOPE TO TRY SOON)

Also, try googling some of these programs they should come up with some links. A lot of his programs have been published over at t-nation.com

Other books I would suggest:
Black book of training Secrets by Thibs
Dinosaur Training
Nutrient Timing

his e-book can be purchased at his website it's like 20 bucks, not too bad

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I dont think I did enough water. I did another dose a few hours later and made sure to get atleast a 1/2 gallon and I was fine at practice. Pretty good arm pump actually,lol. Im about to try another dose before I head out to the gym. That'll make 4 thus far and I'll try and get another down post workout.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cool, that doesn't sound so bad, other than drinking 64oz of water at once :D

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Pretty solid day today, deff. felt like i had tons of energy, sorness?? not too much of an issue. Loving the food intake, here's a log of every damn thing i consumed today:

Total water intake estimation 1.5 to 2 gallons

7:15 a.m.
1.5 scoops of whey/ mixed in with a cup of blueberries
2 tbs. of acai berries
2 tsp. of fish ol'
3 caps of greens plus
3 grams of beta alanine
cup of stir fried veggies covered in seasons

9 am
Spike shooter to wake my arse up

10:30ish am
8 ounces of skim colby cheese

1 pm *CHEAT MEAL!* (number 2 of 3 for the week)
12 inch ham sub, on wheat, all the fixings
no cheese, no oils, just vinigar, mustard, and seasonings

3:30 pm
2 handful mixed nuts

6:30 pm
Salmon,
cup of strawberries/rasberries,
stir fry veggies (same as breakfast)
2 teaspoons of fish ol'
2 tbs. of acai berries

8 pm
bout 1.5 liters of water with 2 tbs. of glycerine

9pm (preworkout)
30 grams of whey, 1/2 banana, 10 grams of bcaa, 5 grams of creatine mono., beta alanine, some glutamine

10:15 (post workout)
same as pre, minus the creatine, and beta alanine

before i go to sleep (PENDING)
40 grams of dark choco.
10 grams of BCAA

Now for the workout: word of advice, glycerine is not a good idea when your hittin' your back hard like a workout today,
I had the worst back pumps almost as bad as superdrol pumps ouch!
SupA sets! 60 sec rest, 5x8
A1 Wide Grip Pullups = not a problem
A2 Reverse Lunges = again, pumps in the lower back, not a prob.

B1 DB Push Press = i dont use a belt, i dont believe in them, feeling some indrect work on the erctors haha
B2 Single Legged Deads! = Alert! Alert! the pumps got rediculous

Overall, solid workout, im just not gunna run glycerine on days where im gettin a lot of work on the lower back

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I highly suggest you buy his book called Muscle Revolution from either his website or from t-nation.com (think that is the only websites you can get it). Very informative book covers a vast amount of information covering stuff from nutrition to his basic training parameters.

You also get some of his best workouts he's ever written, most of them updated:
Beginning Programs:
Anti-Bodybuilding Hypertrophy
Big Boy Basics
Triple Total Training
Intermediate programs:
Strength-Focused Mesocycle
Total Body Training
Waterbury Method
SOB Training
Hybrid Hypertrophy
Advanced-level programs
Outlaw Strength and Condition
Single's Club
Art of Waterbury
Lift Fast, Get Big
Quattro Dynamo (VERY REPUTABLE PROGRAM, HOPE TO TRY SOON)

Also, try googling some of these programs they should come up with some links. A lot of his programs have been published over at t-nation.com

Other books I would suggest:
Black book of training Secrets by Thibs
Dinosaur Training
Nutrient Timing

his e-book can be purchased at his website it's like 20 bucks, not too bad
Thanks for all the information! I actually bought the Muscle Revolution book from T-nation last night ( I wanted a hard cover not an ebook )

Was this the Nutrient Timing book you spoke of:

Nutrient Timing : The Future of Sports Nutrition
by John Ivy, Robert Portman, Robert Portman

I have a Barnes and Nobles gift card and if it is I figure I can pick it up using that.

- Also I subbed on your new log bro, cant wait to see how that progresses

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
could one use coconut oil for the fats on this diet as well as pysillium seed caps for the fiber

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
could one use coconut oil for the fats on this diet as well as pysillium seed caps for the fiber
coconut oil? idk prob. not a good idea, i wouldn't modify the diet too much, Shugart picked certain fats for a reason, fish oil, flax seed, and natural peanut butter, the pysillum seed caps should be fine, but id go with the fiber choice tabs

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Decent workout today, i worked out with a buddy of mine, kinda slowed my pace down bit, but i managed to try to speed things up
workout looked like this:

6x3 super sets 60 sec rest

A1 Zercher Squat
A2 Weighted Chins

B1 DB Romanian Dead lifts
B2 Decline Bench Press

couple of notes: i upped the weight on Zercher squats quite a bit, i'm much more comfortable with them now tha i was earlier in this program. The load wasn't really that bad, but it's the manipulation of the arm placement under the bar that makes it akward. Also, Romanian Deadlifts went up about 10 lbs. as well, stil felt light, so i'll modify my next workout for these needs. Decline Bench press was a little of a let down, i havent done a pressing movement with the bar in about 5-6 weeks. Back than i weighed around 182ish, so it was a bit of let down that i couldn't bench as much

*** It's times like these that i think it's important to remember that in order to achieve our long term goals, we have to set realistic short term goals. I had to kind of remind myself that its lean mass, low bf% im going for right now. The strength gains can come later.

*** patience is the essence of achievement.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
coconut oil? idk prob. not a good idea, i wouldn't modify the diet too much, Shugart picked certain fats for a reason, fish oil, flax seed, and natural peanut butter, the pysillum seed caps should be fine, but id go with the fiber choice tabs
I agree, don't f*ck with it. It's only 28 days. Contain your ADD for that long and see results.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
I'm updating weight and measurments since it's a saturday and i havent taking measurments in about 17 days im gunna update that today, i'm one week into phase 2 and weight has gone up about 2 lbs., at the end of phase 1 i weighted about 167.5ish, today i weighted in at 169.4 I really think the weight gunna come flyin' ON at the end of phase 2 with the five day break, that will be the next time i measure

v-diet transition phase: 2/3/08 1 week into phase 2 2/23/08
Largest area belly: 29.75.......................... 29.75
Thigh L/R: 24/24..........................24/24
Calf L/R: 15.75............................ 15.75
Chest Nipple Line: 40.25....................... 40.75
Upper abs: 32.5....................... 33
Hips/Glute area: 37.5 ........................ 37.75
Shoulders: 47.25....................... 47.5
Upper Arm L/R: 14.25/14.25.........................14.625/14.5
Weight 168................................... 169.4

So far so good, results slow and steady for the most part, nothing as dramatic as some of my measurements on the v-diet, but im progressing nice and slow, right where i want to be

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I'd take a half an inch w/out doing any pressing movements for 5-6 weeks. Good results so far Carlos

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Before Velocity Diet: 1/12/08
Weight: 179 lbs.
Body Fat percentage: 13%
Circum. of Belly: 31.5 inches
Thigh Left/Right: 25/25.25 inches
Calves Left/Right: 16/16 inches
Chest-Nipple Line: 41 inches
Upper Abs: 34.5 inches
Hips-Circum. of Glutes: 39.5 inches
Shoulders: 48 inches
Upper Arm Left/Right: 14.75/14.75 inches

Thanks JDF, yeah my chest size has gone down overall, but im slowly building it back up

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
jeez i just looked at my glute measures! no wonder my pants have been feeling soo loose ahhhaa

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
****ty workout today felt pretty exhausted during the workout, pretty sure its because the meal prior to my preworkout was my P+F snack, i usally go with the p+c meal about 1.5 hour before my preworkout drink, im gunna try to get some more sleep tonight, see if that helps

3rd cheat meal today: 2 slices of cheese pizza covered in shrooms and spinach.... hhhyeah i was trippin' ballz.. jk

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
solid workout last night
6x3 super set
Zercher Squats
Lat pulls wide grip

Dumbbell romaninan deads
Weighted Dips

Notes: Zercher Squats went up
DB romaninan deads went up
dropped the weight for dips to really use good form

Food intake has been fine, notice an increase of hunger which is expected when your doing HFT, sorness minimal usally feel it towards the end of the week. I thnk the use of mesadosing fish oil and megadosing the BCAA, along with total calorie intake is contributing to that

Feeling a little softer, but i'll lose it on the next phase
will post later

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Ight guys haven't done a through job of updating lately just been busy with school, work and sh!t, so here it goes:

First off just a quick note, the clean bulking is coming nicely, the weight is really coming on! LIke fast! i'm a little worried that a lot of it could be fat, i still got about 1.5 weeks left on phase 2. The majority of my calories have been clean, other than the cheat meals waterbury says to eat through out the week, total of 3. And while, i've tried to keep these calories fairly clean, turkey, roast beef, ham subs, etc. i may need to rethink my total calorie intake on these cheat meals. Cut the portions down a bit. Another thing, im gunna do is stay away from the FREAKING SCALE until weigh-ins, that could be an issue as well pshycologically I see these numbers, but i gotta remember there just F!CKING numbers! Too many variables to consider (grief).

Another note, i've had a huge increase of appetite this week, this is obviously side effect of the HFT (five full body workouts a week) which is very demanding. While i manage to eat about every 2.5 to 3 hours, it seems, like i'm craving my next meal every 1.5 hours later.

I'm considering supplementing with some e/c stack, too kill the appetite, what you guys think of that?? i know e/c has some catabolic effects, but quite frankly, im killing the calories right now, and the bcaa's to where i should be alright

I've also noticed a decrease in sorness. I have gotten very little soreness during this phase, which is nuts! u would think training five days a week would kill u, but its had the complete opposite effect, my workouts have been more intense and stronger! My weights have consistenly gone up every workout. I'm sure the calorie intake, and macro breakdown is also helping.

training update: tonight i did 5x8 super set 60 sec. rest

Wide grip pullups
Reverse Lunges

Shoulder Press (switched up from push press)
single leg deads

solid workout, no complains here. I decided to give shoulder press a try, ive been doin push press the past four weeks on 5x8(including from phase 1)

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Woke up this morning, took my morning piss, and stepped on the scale 172 lbs. So far i'm up about 4 pounds since the beginning of phase 2. One more week of phase 2, and then i will begin phase 3

Workouts have been great, i really believe HFT is a great way to increase size/strength as quick as possible, as long as your getting enough sleep and your getting enough calories you'll deff pack on some serous mass in just a couple of weeks. I got one more week im hoping to put on another pound or pound.5 which is deff. possible since the last 4 days of this phase = no training. EAT! EAT! EAT!

i'll be taking some measurements next saturday at the end of this phase.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
getting real close to the end of phase 2, it's coming along pretty good, ive noticed my sleep has been off lately, like im having trouble sleeping as much as i used to, but the thing is i feel pretty energized throughout the day. Occasionally i take a nap in the afternoon, that could be it. Today is my last workout for phase 2
supersets of 5x8
A1 pullups
A2 reverse lunge
B1 shoulder press
B2 single leg deads

After this workout i will have about four days to recover and rest, and pretty much be lazy.

Will be weighing in saturday morning, and i will be posting some measurements as well, no pics will be up cause honestly its only been 3 weeks, i rather wait for a more dramatic transformation

Phase 3 begins on sunday:
nutrition basically gets cut in half, snack are halved, removal of fruits from main meals
I will still be dosing with BCAA, although I will be using much smaller doses through out the day, instead of high concentrations around my workout and sleep.
I'll be running an E/C stack all 3 weeks, usallly i only run the e/c stack for about a week into a diet, but im gunna try to stick it out for three weeks

Training will consists of:
3 circuit style unilateral fullbody training, as the date gets closer i will go in more depth what exactly this looks like
as well as some HIIT on tuesdays and thurdays

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whisky Weight Loss 10
Weight Loss 2
Weight Loss 1
Weight Loss 0
Rhyno Workout Logs 49