Thigh: 24.5/24.5
Calf: same
Chest: 41
Upper Abs: 33.25
Hip/Glutes: 38
Shoulders: 47.75
Upper Arm: same
Weight: 173.8

Total increase of weight for phase 2: 4.4 lbs.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Today begins the first day of phase 3. The calorie cutting begins. It's gunna be tough gettin rid of all that fruit from my diet. In order to kill my apetite i will be using an ECA stack. I'll probably be dosing this 2-3 times a day. I'm also gunna add some NEPA walks to this phase to help with the fat loss. I'll be performing NEPA walks everyday for the next three weeks. From my expeirence with NEPA walks there a great way to increase work capacity, and there actually very energizing and relaxing.

Here's a template of how my diet will look like the next 3 weeks:

7:30 am
can of tuna
mixed veggies or stir fry veggies
2 teaspoons of fish oil
acai berries 2 tbls. spoons
green tea
greens +

10:30 am
handful of almonds/mixed nuts

1:00 pm
turkey/roastbeef with asssorted veggies

4:00 pm
handful of mixed nuts/almonds (i think im gunna limit the amount of cheese during snacks, i always seem to have difficult digesting cheese)

7:00pm
TRAINING DAYS = pre/post workout drink
non training days = salmon with a sh!t load of spinach
2 teaspoons of fishoil
2 tablespoons of acai berries
greens +
peppermint tea (kill some apetite and quite refreshing)

right before sleep: 100 grams of dark chocolate with 10 grams of BCAA

the training gunna be:
3 unilateral circuit training = M,W,F
2 lactic acid inducing sprint/biking = T,TH
NEPA walks 25-40 min. = Everyday

I have 2 schedule cheat meals a week one on tuesday and the other on saturday. These meals will most likely be clean, with the addition of some complex carbs, for example: a nice sub

Week1 i will be voiding all cheat meals because yesterday i had a huge cheat meal (chick Fil A sandwach and huge milkshake) to finish off phase 2. I feel like my leptin levels have sky rocketed back to normal, therefore cheat meals won't be necessary for the first week.

Notes about Phase 2:
Phase 2 was pretty rough, the high frequency training will deff. catch up to u around the end of week two. I was constantly hungry even though i was taking a surplus of calories. People were saying i looked pale in the face and really tierd. The four days off at the end is a BLESSING. This quick break allows your body to recover from the harsh training u had to go through the past 2.5 weeks. Expect to put on at least 1.5 to 2 pounds in just these four days. Sleep kicked ass during the past 2 days, averaged about 9.5 hours of sleep a night, apetite is slowly going back to normal again, and i've gained color back in my face.

Phase 2 was a success. I put on a decent amount of weight the past 3 weeks. Although i do not believe all of it is lean mass, some seems to be fat, as ive lost some rippness and vascularity. I can't wait for the end of phase 3! That's when i'll really start seeing some results!
:bb3:

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the first workout of phase 3, it looked like this

8x3 unilateral circuit training
rest: 30 secs between sets

A1 one-arm lat pulldown
A2 one-arm dumbbell bench press
A3 single-leg dumbbell deadlift

note: u perform each movement with the weaker limb first, do not hold dumbbell on other side, instead force your core to stabilize the movement, no rest between limbs

I knocked out this workout with a pretty good pace, kept the intensity up, i had to figure out what weight to use, so i will adjust next week, overall solid workout i like the idea of unilateral trianing, hits the core really well, especially one-arm dumbbell presses

food intake was minimal today, sucks having to knockout all that fruit. The ECA is deff. helping, its the intial days that are the worst when your leaning out, cause your stomach has to adjust and shrink down to size. Also, low carb diets have such a diuretic effect, already noticing my face is looking draw

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Phase 3, second workout:

unilateral circuit training: 5x8, 45 seconds rest

A1 1 arm (standing) DB shoulder press
A2 1 arm bent DB row
A3 single leg DB deadlifts
A4 pistol squats

solid workout, my obliques were so sore from the first workout. Seriously, if u wanna stimulate your core, like u've never done before, drop the situps, drop the leg lifts, sh!t drop the deadlifts for that matter, and do one of these unilateral workouts! nuts!

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
horrible day today...

i felt soo sh!tty, the past couple of days ive grown increasingly sluggish, i had trouble sleeping last night, i kept on waking up! fcuk! I was so grouchy at work, anybody who walked into the store, i just wanted to wring their neck! on top of that i had to freaking study for a midterm for tommarow!
i think i may have to modify this diet. I'm thinking some sort of complex carbs with lean protein first thing in the morning, to help me get through the day. I'll try this out for the next couple of days, if this doesnt work, im switching out of waterbury's diet plan and I will be using Joel Marion's cheat to lose priming phase plan.

personally this plan may better be suited for me, week one is low carb/high fat, high protein meals, week 2 low glycemic load carbs (certains fruits/legumes)/moderate fat, high protein meals, week 3 moderate glycemic load (certain starches), low fat, high protein meal. If i do start this plan it won't be til prob. sunday. I'll go head and finish up the week with waterbury's diet plan

Pros:
Increased carb intake, which i think my body is desperatlely in need of

Cons:
No more cheat meals throughout the week
5 meals instead of six meals

... im starting to think the v-diet to 10/10 transformation is paying a toll on my body. I hope these adjustments will help. Although, i'm tweaking this diet, the training is still on 100%

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Could the waking up at night be because of the ECA? You taking it late at night?

Seems like you were getting some awesome results but if you arent functioning right then its probably time to switch things up

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Could the waking up at night be because of the ECA? You taking it late at night?

Seems like you were getting some awesome results but if you arent functioning right then its probably time to switch things up
nah i don't think it is, i usally dose it first thing in the morning, and then usally another at like 2 o clock in the afternoon. (don't even feel the stimuliant sides anymore)

part of the problem with waterbury's diet plan, is the use of green veggies at each meal.

Many experts like beardi and thibs over at t-nation, say certain veggies like spinach, brocolli, celery, peppers, contain so much fiber, that your body barely absorbs the calorie content found in these veggies. Thibs even sugggests when counting calories, to not even count green veggies. With that being said, im going to continue with waterbury's plan, becuase your right, i was gettin really good results with it; i plan on incorporating more variety of veggies, some with some calorie content, carrots, some peas etc. I think my sluggishness lately was caused by this.

ON workout days i will incorprate small amount of complex carbs in the morning prob. half cup of oat bran with some whey.

I think this will be a better option, so that im not completely ditching waterbury's plan.

I think part of the waterbury's plan is that is really simple. Convient? yes. but it's so simple, that certain issues, such as the one i spoke of above do not get answereed

so to recap: i will continue with waterbury's diet plan for the rest of phase 3.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
distillled thats awesome, im glad its workin', sh!it if i had the funds right now, i would deff. give that stack a try, but as of now im barely scrabbin' by with food haha

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
put up some new pics, im gettin there... slowly but surely

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
glycogen storages a little depleted, deff can tell in my rear delts, from the photo i took in mid february (during phase 2), should fill back up come phase 4,

DIETING SUCKS but whatever, 2 more weeks!

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
DAMN i feel so good today!!!
Just got back from training, damn i train so much better mid afternoon.

I'm usally at work til like 9 so i never get to train ti like 10. My lifts felt so much better today, lighter, faster!

After a nice relaxing weekend, im feeling much better than i was mid last week. I kept on blaming the diet, when in reality i think it was the quality of my sleep.

I added a sleep stack prior to bed works really well.
ZMA
Meltonin
5 HTP
and some chamolile tea follow it up with a steam hot shower, sh!t puts u straight to sleep, and KEEPS u to sleep.

Another reason why i like to train in the mid afternoon, is exercise tends to suppress your apetite, very helpful on a diet.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Glad you decided to stick it out Carlos...ZMA seems to really make the difference on whether I sleep or not as well

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
ZMA kicks ass! always gives me some wierd-ass vivid dreams

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I hadn't taken it in about a week and took it last night...dreamed I was a superhero and saved my g/f - freaking nuts bro

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
haha that's awesome,

planned cheat meal today: probably gunna go with 2 6' inch turkey/wheat subs, (clean) no mayo, just the regular fixings, with an apple and maybee some natty peanutbutter

stepped on the scale first time since the end of phase 2, 168.5, down a couple of pounds, sure some of its water and glycogen

interval training 21 minutes of bike sprints

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
great sleep last night, again prob. because of the sleep stack,

just got back from my workout, really solid workout, upped the weight a bit on the first two exercises, progression from last week = 1 rep extra

5x9 unilateral training 45 sec rest

one arm shoulder presses
one arm dumbbell rows
single leg deads
pistol squats

unilateral training kicks ass! I can tell a big difference since i started doin the single leg deads, all this unilateral training has really helpped with any imbalances. Before i started this program my abuctors/adductors were imbalenced, the single leg deads and pistol squats have really helped disolve this issue. Can't wait to lift heavy again!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
single leg deads sounds awkward. I may give it a whirl. did you use a db for that and the pistol squats?

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
single leg deads sounds awkward. I may give it a whirl. did you use a db for that and the pistol squats?

DB for the single leg deadlifts, bodyweight for the pistol squats (i bottomed out)

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
I'll say it again Dieting sucks but watever, 1 more week!!!

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from a great workout. After a nice restful weekend, i came back into the gym and attacked the weights all my lifts went up by about 5 pounds, i even kept waterbury's progression of one rep per set. workout looked like this:

8x4 circuit unilateral training, 30 sec. rest.
one arm dumbbell press
one arm lat pull
single leg deads

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
workout today:

5x10, 45 sec rest
one arm shoulder press
one arm row
single leg deads
single leg squats

exhausting workout, half more week until i get to start eatting again, can't wait, it's all i can freaking think about, damn!!!

weight is about 168, so ive dropped like 4.5 er so pounds, not too shabby right on target with waterbury's plan. Water loss? sure. glycogen depletion? sure a little.

quick note:
I must say by far this has been the most painful phase. Unilateral training is so underrated (it's up there with explosive trianing). If your lookin' to switch things up, give the workouts in this phase a try. This phase has really helped me build overall body strength like no other. I think it's the constant tension on the core muscles that is key to these workouts. Hopefully i'll see some strength gains during the next phase because of this.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Phase 4 begins today!

final weight was about 170, understandable i did have a cheat meal last night.

First meal made some pudding, with half cup of raisens, some ALL THE WHEY oatmeal flavored, and a tablespoon of mixed nuts. Tasted really good, nice to have some fruit back in the diet.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
AHHH yesss, it's nice to be clean bulking again!

Here's what i'll be eatting for the next three weeks:

8 a.m.
30 grams of ALL THE WHey (cinnamon Bun)
1 banana or 1/2 cup of raisins
1 tablespoon of natty peanut. or mixed nuts
2 teaspoons of carlson fish oil
3 green tabs
creatine
beta alanine

10:30 am
2 handfuls of mixed nuts

1:00 pm or 1:30 pm
can of salmon
mixed veggies (stir fry = brocolli, peppers, califlower, carrots)
an orange or an apple
little bit of olive oil
all the spices i can handle

4:00 pm
8 ounces of cheese (i some times have trouble gettin all that cheese down so i replaced 2 ounces of cheese with 2 low carb tortillas, provides me with additional 10 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat, 9 grams of fiber, so its a pretty even trade when considering calories)

6:30 pm
roast beef, turkey, little bit of bacon, thrown into a massive salad (lettuce, tomatoes, banana peppers, onions, cucumbers
hot mustard
vinigar
2 teaspoons of fish oil
cup of berries or an apple or an orange
3 green tabs

pre/post workout: same
30 grams of whey
creatine
beta alanine
1/3 cup of raisins OR 1/2 a banana
10 grams of BCAA

right before sleep:
4 ounces of cheese, handful of nuts, or a can of salmon mixed in with some olives
10 grams of BCAA
Zinc, magnesium

MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT: usally i wakeup and take a piss, im gunna go head and add 10 BCAA's ( coudn't hurt)

phewww... I'll post the workouts later

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Wow! sorry havent posted real sh!tty last couple of days. I had a huge paper, project, and test all due today. So sleep hasnt been ideal the past 2 days. But ive continued to eat right, and train consistently, Anywayz to top off an already crappy day, i checked my bank account today, to find a huge fradulent charge!!!! Which totally bites, so i had to go get that sorted out, hopefully i get my money back :(

as far as training goes HIGH FREQUENCY TRAINING
Monday
5x4
Tuesday
3x18
Wed.
5x8
Thursday
OFF
Friday 5x4
Saturday
3x18
Sunday OFF
Monday
REPEAT

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
just got a package from nutraplanet!
bottle of m-drol
bottle of p-plex
2 bottles of life support
a 500 mg of taurine
kilo of creatine mono.

gettin' ready for the summa!!!!

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
found out that imgunna be out of town for some family business, the week after this week. So unfortunately, this will be my last week on the 10/10 transformation, I had to cut it short by one week. IN order to maximize this last week ,I will be cutting out all planned cheat meals through out the week. Diet willl remain the same this week. Training will be the same as well. I will be taking final measurements, and prob. some photos soon after

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
yeah gettin results so quick just motivated me so much more to get bigger and leaner and really dedicate myself to nutrition, we will see what happens with the 10/10 transformation, i will be posting pics and measurments probably in 3 or 6 weeks, im off to the gym for the first workout let u guys know how this goes...
CRANGHEL...i am going to start the v-diet very soon (in a few days), but i wanted to make sure i have everything i need. Here is my list. Let me know what i am missing...I think i have it all covered..

1) CASEIN
2) WHEY ISOLATE
3) FISH OIL
4) NOWs CARBO GAIN (or i may just use gatorade,WPI, BCAA mix)
5) FLAX SEED
6) FIBER TABS
7) ECA STACK (instead of hot-rox)
8) MULTIVITAMIN

THANKS!

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
CRANGHEL...i am going to start the v-diet very soon (in a few days), but i wanted to make sure i have everything i need. Here is my list. Let me know what i am missing...I think i have it all covered..

1) CASEIN
2) WHEY ISOLATE
3) FISH OIL
4) NOWs CARBO GAIN (or i may just use gatorade,WPI, BCAA mix)
5) FLAX SEED
6) FIBER TABS
7) ECA STACK (instead of hot-rox)
8) MULTIVITAMIN

THANKS!

Looks good man! may want to add some BCAA capsules (AST makes some good ones) I would pop a couple of capsules with a fiber tab or two between shakes, this help curve off the appetite a bit. Also look into some natty peanutbutter or almond butter.

Careful with the carbo gain, should be fine, just be aware of how much your using

Good luck!

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
FREAKING NUTS! the weight has been flying on this phase! stepped on the scale this morning 175! I've notice my quads loook a lot fuller from compared of the pic at the begining of the 10/10 transformation. I'll try to get a pic up soon!

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Looks good man! may want to add some BCAA capsules (AST makes some good ones) I would pop a couple of capsules with a fiber tab or two between shakes, this help curve off the appetite a bit. Also look into some natty peanutbutter or almond butter.

Careful with the carbo gain, should be fine, just be aware of how much your using

Good luck!
cranghel....should i even use the NOW's CARBO GAIN? What does your PWO consist of? or rather, with the vdiet, it says use SURGE, but what do u think?

also, i have XTEND i will sip between shakes or just pop some BCAA tabs like u said.

Already have natty pb.

thanks!

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
cranghel....should i even use the NOW's CARBO GAIN? What does your PWO consist of? or rather, with the vdiet, it says use SURGE, but what do u think?

also, i have XTEND i will sip between shakes or just pop some BCAA tabs like u said.

Already have natty pb.

thanks!
Surge would be ideal, but there are other pre/post workout shakes like optimum 2:1:1 and torrent that can be used as well, just make sure u calculate the macronutrients and calories

i wouldnt use xtend because of the calories, go with any non calorie BCAA capsules

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Surge would be ideal, but there are other pre/post workout shakes like optimum 2:1:1 and torrent that can be used as well, just make sure u calculate the macronutrients and calories

i wouldnt use xtend because of the calories, go with any non calorie BCAA capsules
cranghel, I am thinking of skipping the SURGE or CARBOGAIN (im a little sensitive to carbs regardless if they are PWO).

I am thinking for PWO that i may use
Gatorade
whey
bulk leucine or XTEND

what u think

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Crang, What protein did you use for the 1st cut? If you already mentiond I appologize.
ive been looking into this myself. I think im either going to do the following....

1) ON CASEIN
2) ATW PROTEIN ISOLATE

1) TEAM SKIP FORMULA from TP.COM (just not sure that is all i need....do i still need the casein? or just use 2 scoops of this and that is my shake??

thanks

JDF

Awards
  • Established
ATW FTW

Had a small issue and Marcus righted the wrong immediately and even went beyond what he needed to do to make me happy.

I plan on running the V-diet w/ my girlfriend and im going to buy everything from ATW

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
ive been looking into this myself. I think im either going to do the following....

1) ON CASEIN
2) ATW PROTEIN ISOLATE

1) TEAM SKIP FORMULA from TP.COM (just not sure that is all i need....do i still need the casein? or just use 2 scoops of this and that is my shake??

thanks
If you use Teamskip which i recommend, there's no need for the isolate or the caisen, Teamskip is nice because they throw in some egg protein, which is far superior to any other protein when it comes to amino acid profiles. So if teamskip is an option i'd deff. make it my number 1 recommendation, just make sure you put forth the extra dough for the good flavors, the original flavors are horrible, your gunna want that **** to taste good if your drinkin it for a month. Orange creamsicle and the dutch choco. are supposed to be really good.

I'm not a big fan of using gatorade for pre/post workouts because of the high fructose content. Fructose is the one sugar that does not provide an insulin spike.
If you feel your too carb sensitive cut your dosage of your pre/post workout drink. But don't cut them completely out, megadose glutamine and BCAA, and perhaps glycerine before and after a workout. These are non calorie insluin spikers!

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
The Final Pics:
Before

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

10 WEEKS IN THE MAKING, NOT INCLUDING THE V-DIET

STAY TUNED FOR MY M-DROL LOG!!!!!

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Dang haven't seen these pics in a couple of months!
im currently bulking and focusing more on strength, i'll prob. run the velocity diet next May or i might do warpspeed fatloss (looks very promising)

HaleRand

Awards
brother crang,

thank you for your log with pics and your hard f'in work.

all the best.

- Hale

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whisky Weight Loss 10
Weight Loss 2
Weight Loss 1
Weight Loss 0
Rhyno Workout Logs 49