92560761-4547-4026-88C0-A9C242E6D86C.jpg

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I worked my ass off so let’s hope it paid off.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking good men.
I think we are getting close here.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know about lighting and filters. but I see some good progress djbombsquad.
If that kind of progress can be done with filters I need to know how to do it.

Wasn't that long ago I took some non professional before and after pics of my Vector run and all the critics that never post any pics were busting my balls.
I gained 12 lbs and lost 1/2" on the waistline.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know about lighting and filters. but I see some good progress djbombsquad.
If that kind of progress can be done with filters I need to know how to do it.

Wasn't that long ago I took some non professional before and after pics of my Vector run and all the critics that never post any pics were busting my balls.
I gained 12 lbs and lost 1/2" on the waistline.
Forgive me. I was merely thinking that to make a true comparison, filters to add color and contrast should not be used if they weren't used in the before pics. Please don't mistake that for trying to take away from his progress.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Forgive me. I was merely thinking that to make a true comparison, filters to add color and contrast should not be used if they weren't used in the before pics. Please don't mistake that for trying to take away from his progress.
Thats all i was saying too. It just makes it hard to really compare

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with both of you. There is a color difference in his picks but I figured he got a tan. lol I can see progress. If that is done with trick photography I need to learn how to do it. christ83189 I have seen your progress picks over time buy following you and can see your progress without a comparison.(That sounded a little creepy) you know what I'm trying to say.

Even for me I tried to stand in the same place in the same room but forgot to mark how far my wife was standing from me. live and learn.

But like I said I don't know much about photography. I just push a button and see what happens.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with both of you. There is a color difference in his picks but I figured he got a tan. lol I can see progress. If that is done with trick photography I need to learn how to do it. christ83189 I have seen your progress picks over time buy following you and can see your progress without a comparison.(That sounded a little creepy) you know what I'm trying to say.

Even for me I tried to stand in the same place in the same room but forgot to mark how far my wife was standing from me. live and learn.

But like I said I don't know much about photography. I just push a button and see what happens.
The main reason I used to be a former-professional photographer. Only the people I worked for thought all they had to do or I did was push buttons, lol. I can use a 2 mega pixel camera and make a catalog of items look awesome. They never really could reproduce my workflow after I left.

You know better. :)

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The main reason I used to be a former-professional photographer. Only the people I worked for thought all they had to do or I did was push buttons, lol. I can use a 2 mega pixel camera and make a catalog of items look awesome. They never really could reproduce my workflow after I left.

You know better. :)
Brother I'm not slamming professional photographers. That is a true art. I'm just saying all I have is a cell phone and don't know crap about photography and can see some progress in his picks. Heck I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.Heck I remember my senior pictures in 1982 I had a few pimples and the photographer got rid of them.

I was just assuming his pics looked different because they were taken in 2 different places with different lighting.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Brother I'm not slamming professional photographers. That is a true art. I'm just saying all I have is a cell phone and don't know crap about photography and can see some progress in his picks. Heck I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.Heck I remember my senior pictures in 1982 I had a few pimples and the photographer got rid of them.

I was just assuming his pics looked different because they were taken in 2 different places with different lighting.
Oh, I know that. Ha, I can get rid of pimples in about a second. Easy-peasy.
You're 100% right.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Once again, not trying to detract from anyone's gains at all just showing what filters on my phone will do to the same photo.

Original:
IMG_20180417_215401727_BURST000_COVER_TOP~2.jpg

First filter:
IMG_20180417_215401727_BURST000_COVER_TOP~3.jpg

Color, light and contrast adjusted:
IMG_20180417_215401727_BURST000_COVER_TOP~4.jpg

This is the last I will say about this as I am not in the competition nor am I in any way connected to BLR so my opinions are just that, opinions. ;)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Once again, not trying to detract from anyone's gains at all just showing what filters on my phone will do to the same photo.

This is the last I will say about this as I am not in the competition nor am I in any way connected to BLR so my opinions are just that, opinions. ;)
I like mine better.

300b.png

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Original:
View attachment 166563

First filter:
View attachment 166564

Color, light and contrast adjusted:
View attachment 166565

Lighting does make a difference your right.
I don’t plan to win even though I tried very hard and so when I was uploading my latest pictures on ig it had some pre settings I was messing with but in no way do I look that much bigger. I got way stronger 1lb muscle increase and 2% bf less over 12 weeks. Ehhhh only if I could slow my matabolism so I can gain some fat lol .

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ehhhh only if I could slow my matabolism so I can gain some fat lol .
It's funny how adding more years to your life helps with that. Lol!

Hey, you made progress and that's what counts! You came into this comp already ripped which makes it harder for you to have an outstanding transformation compared to someone that let themselves slide on diet and/or the gym for a while. No matter the filters or settings, you still have a great physique.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lighting does make a difference your right.
I don’t plan to win even though I tried very hard and so when I was uploading my latest pictures on ig it had some pre settings I was messing with but in no way do I look that much bigger. I got way stronger 1lb muscle increase and 2% bf less over 12 weeks. Ehhhh only if I could slow my matabolism so I can gain some fat lol .
Trade you? You take my ****ty metabolism, I'll take yours.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's funny how adding more years to your life helps with that. Lol!

Hey, you made progress and that's what counts! You came into this comp already ripped which makes it harder for you to have an outstanding transformation compared to someone that let themselves slide on diet and/or the gym for a while. No matter the filters or settings, you still have a great physique.
Thank you . May the best man win. The main thing you would have noticed in my videos is strength gains on 75% of my lifts. Week after week I crushed it . The problem is it doesn’t translate in to the pictures. I did get told Friday though from the workers at the gym After looking at me said weighted 180-200lbs which felt very good even though I don’t weight near that lol. I can’t wait to do another 3 months of this or maybe a whole year since it’s all natural .

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

300b.png

I am SPARTA! lukehayd

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a reason bodybuilders use pro tan and cover themselves in oil prior to competition.
Its all about lighting and being able to see the muscles.
If I were taking pictures of myself for a contest I would utilize light to my advantage. I can hold the camera up and just rotate myself in a room and lool 20lbs larger.
Prob should have both pictures with the same lighting but this isnt a professional competition 1. and 2. the community is going to judge so....if its questionable it will likely effect judging.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I showed my wife the first one and she asked if she could have a blow-up of it to hang on the wall. LMBO!! I'm sure she'd probably like this one better though.
Take it and then print it 5"x 5" maybe 6"x 6" and let the faux frame get tucked into a real wood frame.
It will be a nice little table top memory of when you were in the movie. :)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take it and then print it 5"x 5" maybe 6"x 6" and let the faux frame get tucked into a real wood frame.
It will be a nice little table top memory of when you were in the movie. :)
She wants to cover up my face with a helmet now. :dunno:

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
She wants to cover up my face with a helmet now. :dunno:
Hey now... keep that in the bedroom. 50 Shades of Sparta!!!! lol.
I can actually.. ad a helmut. To your head. The one on your shoulders..

300b w:helmut for the wife.png

I now return you to your normally scheduled thread.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is a reason bodybuilders use pro tan and cover themselves in oil prior to competition.
Its all about lighting and being able to see the muscles.
If I were taking pictures of myself for a contest I would utilize light to my advantage. I can hold the camera up and just rotate myself in a room and lool 20lbs larger.
Prob should have both pictures with the same lighting but this isnt a professional competition 1. and 2. the community is going to judge so....if its questionable it will likely effect judging.
Fair enough . I am learning how to tan /get good lighting as I do more contests and shows. Lights do make a big difference .

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've followed your log my man, and kudos to your great efforts; work ethic; great recording of your log, and your positive attitude! You did a great job! Win or lose.

Loved your videos too! :D

Groovy man, groovy.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I for one hope that LukeHayed's picture makes random appearances for the rest of time.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I for one hope that LukeHayed's picture makes random appearances for the rest of time.
You saved them right. I know they could fit in well somewhere. Send it to me and I'll meme it. Lol

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You saved them right. I know they could fit in well somewhere. Send it to me and I'll meme it. Lol
A possible caption...
"A second ago I had a cell phone in my hand and now it's a sword... Holy France! Where the fork am I?"

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A possible caption...
"A second ago I had a cell phone in my hand and now it's a sword... Holy France! Where the fork am I?"
I may need to log in online and download the pic

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lmbo!! Why do I get a very bad feeling about this now?

I'm just glad that my pic isn't embarrassing like MidwestBeast's pic that SFreed has as a screen saver. :D

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A possible caption...
It's like going from Adam, Prince of Eternia to He-man........but in Sparta not Castle Grayskull.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My apologies.. to the wife. I forgot the hat and the lederhosen.

hills are alive.png

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You sir, are a funny mother fcker!
Ok. If this is the direction he's wanting to go with this, then you can stop right now with this encouraging him shït! Lol!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok. If this is the direction he's wanting to go with this, then you can stop right now with this encouraging him shït! Lol!
But see, the problem is, I'm Scottish. Not German, Swedish, Austrian or wherever that movie took place.
I'm sorry, but this sure looks like encouragement to me.

In before the William Wallace version shows up

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol. You Irish ☘?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad