Varicose Veins

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
I am scottish/irish/german and english

I weigh 300lbs at 23% body fat on a 5'11" frame... and really active

And i have little bumps coming out the front of my shin when I do any high impact cardio.

They throb and feel tight for almost an hour after..

Does it sound like varicose to anyone else.

paul83

Awards
Symptoms of varicose veins are:
Aching, heavy legs (often worse at night)
Ankle swelling
A brownish-blue shiny skin discoloration around the veins
Skin over the vein may become dry, itchy and thin, leading to eczema (venous eczema)
The skin may darken (stasis dermatitis), because of the waste products building up in the legs
Minor injuries to the area may bleed more than normal and/or take a long time to heal
Rarely, there is a large amount of bleeding from a ruptured vein
In some people the skin above the ankle may shrink (lipodermatosclerosis) because the fat underneath the skin becomes hard.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
hm those dont sound like any of my symptoms. Plus they arent colored, and arent winding around my leg. Just like 3 little bumps, could they just be regular veins that hurt lol?

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have the same thing in my calves. I have pretty large and lean calves, and my veins stick out, enough that I've had people bring it up out of the blue.

I don't know what it is, honestly.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I have the same exact bumps on the outer side of my shins as well. Two little bubble type things show whenever I walk really. They dont bother me, and I have none of those symptoms. Ive had them for years, but I always forget to ask whenever I see a doctor. Im not really concerned about them.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I too have these symptoms. Bulging veins on the outer front of my calves/shins and become very pronounced during and after cardio (mostly when I run) and also feel tight and pumped. I do believe that these are vericosities.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I also don't believe they are of any concern