varicose Veins From Testosterone

Vatality

Awards
Hello,

Can anyone share some input on why I could be getting varicose veins along my shoulder & tricep. I am 38 and have been working out on and off for the last 5 years except for October 2020-07/2021, but I’m back working out again. I’ve been taking 1000mg of test for 3-4months and now I’m cruising at 600mg on test. I have a squiggly vein on my tricep and just noticed a longer one along my chest-shoulder area. I’ve read that this isn’t a good thing. I have a high level of estrogen and am just getting on an AI. Can anyone share where they are coming from, possibly from taking test and can they go away?

Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited:
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you actually have legit varicose veins...

Lots of things can cause them. Yes, hormonal imbalances can make you more susceptible, as can certain genetic propensities. Once formed can they go away? No, not typically. They tend to form due to arterial valves not functioning properly. There's no repairing dysfunctional valves that I know of.

There are steps you can take to minimise further dysfunction. Be very fuking careful to avoid edema in the lower leg especially. So, don't let estrogen get too high. I'd prolly avoid deca if I were you, it's notorious for water retention if you're not careful. Also, be careful of high dosing test for obvious reasons.

Good supplements are Horse chestnut and pinebark extract as preventative measures or easing symptoms. They won't repair damage though.

Though ugly, varicose veins tend to be benign sans any other symptoms. I'd get a doctor to double check anyway.

Vatality

Awards
Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you actually have legit varicose veins...

Lots of things can cause them. Yes, hormonal imbalances can make you more susceptible, as can certain genetic propensities. Once formed can they go away? No, not typically. They tend to form due to arterial valves not functioning properly. There's no repairing dysfunctional valves that I know of.

There are steps you can take to minimise further dysfunction. Be very fuking careful to avoid edema in the lower leg especially. So, don't let estrogen get too high. I'd prolly avoid deca if I were you, it's notorious for water retention if you're not careful. Also, be careful of high dosing test for obvious reasons.

Good supplements are Horse chestnut and pinebark extract as preventative measures or easing symptoms. They won't repair damage though.

Though ugly, varicose veins tend to be benign sans any other symptoms. I'd get a doctor to double check anyway.
Thank you! Could there be any other reasons why I am having

Thank you! I’ll check with my doctor about it. Is there any other reason why I am getting them?

LondonerTWBULLY

LondonerTWBULLY

Awards
They don’t look like varicose vein’s as they are normally very dark.
but if they were and they bothered you that much you can see dr about getting them threaded out.
you’d have to pay but the procedure is very quick and you don’t end with any scars.

Reactions: Nac

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember seeing a video from mpmd about varicose veins.
Give him a Google search

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Thank you! I’ll check with my doctor about it. Is there any other reason why I am getting them?
I don't think those are varicose in your pics.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think those are varicose in your pics.
I was just getting ready to state the same thing.

That second pic looks almost identical to 1,000 other pics I've seen of shoulder veins.

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer

High blood pressure, straining, and lack of blood flow to an area are all pretty common causes of varicose veins. Excess weight and water retention can also exacerbate the condition, which is why it’s such a common thing in pregnant women.

Drinking lots of water and limiting your sodium intake are some of the more conservative options to lessen their appearance. You could also consider compression garments.

Like it was mentioned before by @Nac though, genetics are probably the biggest factor in their formation, so if one of your parents had them, you’ll probably get one eventually regardless of how much preventative care you take.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Doesn't look like varicose veins to me, but I'm no expert. Just that the ones I've seen are way more 'lumpy' and dark and more on the surface.

On another note; "cruising on 600 mg", lol 😁

Ortessimple

Awards
Varicose veins popping up in unexpected places can be quite puzzling, I understand. I faced something similar when I started working out again after a break. I stumbled upon https://markmedicalcare.com/ while researching, and it provided some valuable insights. It's great you're taking steps like adjusting your testosterone levels and addressing estrogen levels. From what I learned, sometimes these veins can be related to hormonal imbalances, but it's always good to consult with a healthcare provider for personalized advice.

Last edited:

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
your cruising on 600 mgs of test?? thats probably got your blood a little thick. blood pressure ?
I was thinking the same thing. I only cycle up to 500mgs of test. Cruising on 600mgs is hardcore.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The thread is from 2021, i was just Trying to acknowledge that it was brought back to life by a robot 🤖🤪

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
now we know why he isn't responding... he died of a heart attack!
LOL! I didn't catch that is was an old thread. I was bout say damn I worked hard to get a vein in my shoulder like that!