ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used those same straps for a long time. Got them free and they were pretty great honestly. BUT the red Cerberus ones I have now are the best I’ve had. They are wearing out fast honestly so the cost/life is bad, but they are awesome.

EliteFTS has a ton of different strap styles and they are usually super affordable. They also have great wrist wraps and all kinds of gear like bands, gym shirts, etc.
Thanks! I have needed me a new pair a while, but was waiting for these to croak.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Some updates.

Leg day was great. New PR for me.
803x8 reps for 2 sets. Did 783 prior, and was like, what the heck, let's do it. I have good energy, and good mood, and still look good. Appetite is up. Get it!

IMG_20102020_133050_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpeg

dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez

Awards
Im a little late the party. I havent really been active here in 10 years but it looks like you are having a great cycle. I like the Superdrol/Sarm combo. I have a bunch of Epistane, Halodrol and 19 Nor Tren laying around. I will be running some sort of stack along with a Sarm or 2. Oh yeah, found a bottle of competitive edge M14AD too. So many options.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im a little late the party. I havent really been active here in 10 years but it looks like you are having a great cycle. I like the Superdrol/Sarm combo. I have a bunch of Epistane, Halodrol and 19 Nor Tren laying around. I will be running some sort of stack along with a Sarm or 2. Oh yeah, found a bottle of competitive edge M14AD too. So many options.
Welcome! Not too late! This will be ongoing for a good while :)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm officially one week off of DMZ today. And I'll be officially one week on clomid tomorrow.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You the man in that leg press video 🙏 I love how you nonchalantly talk vlog style and then rep nearly 900 . Pct is going well

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You the man in that leg press video I love how you nonchalantly talk vlog style and then rep nearly 900 . Pct is going well
Thanks bro! First set of PCT scans tomorrow. See what's going on on the inside.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today was chest day.
Officially one week on clomid, Viking1 and the new BLR Anabolic.

Still feel good when awake, even in the morning. Good energy. Good appetite. Push day was today, and I feel the strength drop on bench. 225 was harder than last time, and this workout, muscle and joints a little achy. All in a, I made sure to get a good, well rounded push workout, with primary focus on pecs. The other push day primary focus is triceps.

Here are my scans a week and a day off of DMZ. Lean mass drop, and fat mass rise. Not by a lot. The lean mass drop could be mostly extra water/glycogen not being stored. I'm thinking about dosing some aromasin, but since my joints already a little cranky, think I'll hold off. I don't like seeing all that red on the scans. Not at all. Let's see some green going forward. I guess I should eat more LOL. More than I already am, since food is super Anabolic right?
IMG_21102020_170130_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-170041.jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-170058.jpeg

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just started 5x5 for bench press only. Worked great the past two previous benches. Not yesterday.
That’s not really a great scheme for someone who isn’t in an obvious position to get stronger. Newbies, someone after a lay-off or returning to benchpress, someone bulking or/and adding in PEDs would be better candidates. You don’t really have an inherent reason to be getting stronger week to week atm, so you will probably need more advanced programming to make progress in strength. Something cyclical like 5/3/1 or some kind of undulating periodization. Not many lifters can just add weight to the bar with no scheme variation for more than a few weeks in a row.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That’s not really a great scheme for someone who isn’t in an obvious position to get stronger. Newbies, someone after a lay-off or returning to benchpress, someone bulking or/and adding in PEDs would be better candidates. You don’t really have an inherent reason to be getting stronger week to week atm, so you will probably need more advanced programming to make progress in strength. Something cyclical like 5/3/1 or some kind of undulating periodization. Not many lifters can just add weight to the bar with no scheme variation for more than a few weeks in a row.
You right. Can you throw out an example for my next bench day, as to how you think I should go about it?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You right. Can you throw out an example for my next bench day, as to how you think I should go about it?
This is a proven scheme that works for pretty much everyone of all ability levels. From beginners to guys squatting over 800lbs.

Alexander Bromley OG Empire Barbell has a lot of fantastic YouTube content explaining different types of programming if you want to really learn more. He is a pretty strong dude, and an even better coach. One of his athletes took 1st at America’s Strongest Woman last year (a Pro-only contest).

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is a proven scheme that works for pretty much everyone of all ability levels. From beginners to guys squatting over 800lbs.

Alexander Bromley OG Empire Barbell has a lot of fantastic YouTube content explaining different types of programming if you want to really learn more. He is a pretty strong dude, and an even better coach. One of his athletes took 1st at America’s Strongest Woman last year (a Pro-only contest).
Thanks! I'll check it out!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No idea why it works. I thought the same thing when I saw the hodgepodge Ayurveda formula. Probably arjuna at least. But for most people, it seems to lower bp. I get effects at even half a tab and never need more than 1.
Looking at the label of Carditone, do you or anyone else know if “Rauwolfia serpentine” is a form of Yohimbe?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Looking at the label of Carditone, do you or anyone else know if “Rauwolfia serpentine” is a form of Yohimbe?
I believe it is the same family, a similar, and slightly mild form of Y.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I believe so, but it doesn’t feel like y. I am pretty sensitive to y and don’t like to use anything with it, but I can use carditone daily without issue. I even take my daily dose in the evening and it does not remotely wire me or affect sleep.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I believe so, but it doesn’t feel like y. I am pretty sensitive to y and don’t like to use anything with it, but I can use carditone daily without issue. I even take my daily dose in the evening and it does not remotely wire me or affect sleep.
Good to know, thanks everyone that replied to this...

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Some updates!

Did not take scans today. Will next week. Thought to myself, if I want to be disappointed, I feel like next Wednesday would be a better day to be disappointed than this Wednesday because I was already disappointed about something.

Anyways! Leg day today. I worked up to 803 again on the leg press, this time 2 sets of 6 reps as opposed to 8, did not have 8 in me, and due to that, I made my last set a drop set to make up for it.

Back day yesterday was better than the previous. Still no straps, and did 40 pound weighted pull ups, and here is a better video.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dropped to 25mg clomid today. Thinking next week I will do 25mg EOD, as opposed to ED, so it clears my body faster.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had a good push day today. Started that 5 3 1 training program for my bench. Chest and shoulders felt good. I don't mind starting light, and working up. Eating is consistently good. Sleep is overall good, and very grateful for that. Overall good day, and ready to get the kiddos in bed!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The nice thing about 5/3/1 is it’s a way to keep your training on the big 3 organized, without killing you - it leaves plenty of room to add your own accessories behind it, like dumbbell pressing or whatever. But it also keeps you slowly moving forward on the big 3 so your absolute strength doesn’t get neglected. Which means you can continue to have potential to grow more muscle with the accessories you choose.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The nice thing about 5/3/1 is it’s a way to keep your training on the big 3 organized, without killing you - it leaves plenty of room to add your own accessories behind it, like dumbbell pressing or whatever. But it also keeps you slowly moving forward on the big 3 so your absolute strength doesn’t get neglected. Which means you can continue to have potential to grow more muscle with the accessories you choose.
Yes, it gave me extra time for more exercises, and those felt great!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Some updates!

Did not take scans today. Will next week. Thought to myself, if I want to be disappointed, I feel like next Wednesday would be a better day to be disappointed than this Wednesday because I was already disappointed about something.

Anyways! Leg day today. I worked up to 803 again on the leg press, this time 2 sets of 6 reps as opposed to 8, did not have 8 in me, and due to that, I made my last set a drop set to make up for it.

Back day yesterday was better than the previous. Still no straps, and did 40 pound weighted pull ups, and here is a better video.

God
Gains
Glory

💪

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had pull day yesterday. Still no straps, and believe will keep it that way, for grips sake.

Weighted wide grip pull ups
45x7x6x6x6x6

Seated cables rows finishing out my workout.

The cold weather is getting to me lately. Creaky joints, scratchy throat, mild nasal congestion.

Overall sleep has been good. Wakefulness good in the morning. libido good. Have some nice back acne that will go away post clomid. Starting last week of clomid tomorrow.

Doing legs now.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For leg press, worked up to 823lbs. Did two good sets of 4 reps each. That is a new personal best.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Fun fact. My breakfast alone is 1500 calories.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why so heavy on legpress? I always felt like that movement benefited from more volume ranges.

what did you have?
Heavier seems to grow my legs more readily than volume. On alternate leg days, my second within a week, I'll do more volume.

Breakfast was tall glass of whole milk. Coffee with cream and honey. I ate honey before I began my meal for the enzymes. 4 eggs, 4 pieces of toast, over a cup of vanilla yogurt with granola on top, and 2 pork sausage patties in syrup. I practically eat the same breakfast daily. Creature of habit. Just added in the yogurt yesterday.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Heavier seems to grow my legs more readily than volume. On alternate leg days, my second within a week, I'll do more volume.

Breakfast was tall glass of whole milk. Coffee with cream and honey. I ate honey before I began my meal for the enzymes. 4 eggs, 4 pieces of toast, over a cup of vanilla yogurt with granola on top, and 2 pork sausage patties in syrup. I practically eat the same breakfast daily. Creature of habit. Just added in the yogurt yesterday.
I’d be 280