Tyr's log, get in here.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just to join in on the love fest, these guys all helped me to stick with it so I could become a Former Fat Guy. And are helping me again get through some personal shyt.
I'm nowhere near the same league as them, but I'm here for comic relief. As the undisputed King of Memes (yes, there was a contest, and yes I won) it's just what I do.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The fuggin' good ol' days. This forum was like "Stand By Me" back then. We didn't even know what we had.
We had each other. And sometimes, that's all that really matters.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I should write f*ckin greeting cards
Good evening. This is Hairy Grandpa - he handles herbal remedies and pharmaceutical enhancements. This is Beast73, he works on cardio.

...and what does he do?

Oh, Sfreed? He handles memes and greeting cards.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good evening. This is Hairy Grandpa - he handles herbal remedies and pharmaceutical enhancements. This is Beast73, he works on cardio.

...and what does he do?

Oh, Sfreed? He handles memes and greeting cards.
KML???

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We call ourselves, "The Thread Hijackers."

You've been hijacked!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We call ourselves, "The Thread Hijackers."

You've been hijacked!
And I just come in and make weird comments.
Oh, and bring the list for the Hijackers.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
th.jpg

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
I got an extra hour and a half of sleep last night because my wife is flying out-of-town this morning. No work for her means, later gym time for me. So I ended up starting my workout at 0500 this morning. I will never miss my regular gym time again. That extra hour or so of sleep made me very lethargic this morning. I had to take a pre-workout to get going. Ended up on my trek to the gym anyway and once I was there and warmed up with a re-touch of yesterday's madness, all was well. Once that pump was set in, game time!

I did not do the super high intense circuit style today. Fridays have always been control days with no super-sets as far as my workouts go. Plus, there is some good advice being thrown out about not burning out. So at least Fridays are a bit tamer. The problem with Friday morning at my gym is all the selfie kings and queens come out of the woodwork. Sitting on benches. Jaw jacking. Had one guy cop an attitude with me because I asked him if he was done with the adjustable cable machine. He pulled a bench over there and was browsing his phone the entire exercise before. I'm talking 5 sets of nice controlled DB work. So when i asked him, I did not expect the response of "obviously." I had headphones in and he must of thought i couldn't hear him, but i hear him say under his breath "what a dumb-ass, you see me sitting here."
Ok "bro, " now you have my full and undivided attention. I pulled my headphones out and asked him "do you want to repeat that?"
I guess he was so shocked that i heard him that he just started rambling about how he was talking about something on his phone etc. He promptly picked up his crap and left the gym. WTF is wrong with people?
However, packed though it was this morning, I got a good wholesome workout in. I am having some trouble though. I've been on youtube, google, and this site etc to look for ways to hit my lower chest. I know I've asked previously, but idk what to do. My chest has never been so underdeveloped and everything i try doesn't even make that area sore. Upper chest gets pumped all day, but the lower pectoral isn't receiving necessary stimulation.

Here's today's work out:

• Bench 75% x 5
• 75% x 5
• 75% x 5
• 80% x 3
• 80% x 3
• Biceps Cable rope grip. 60lbs x 12
• 700lbs x 12
• 80lbs x 12
• 80lbs x12
• 80lbs x 10 +
• Triceps (pull downs 3 grips rev and fwrd) 60lbs x 15
• 60lbs x 15
• 70lbs x 15
• 80lbs x 12
• 90 x 12+
over-head extensions
• 60 x15
• 70 x15
• 80 x10
• 80 x10
• 70 x fail
• Chest (DB incline)
• 55 lbs x 10
• 65 lbs x 10
• 65 lbs x 10
• 60 lbs x 15
• 55 x fail
• DB decline
• 60 lbs x 10
• 60 lbs x 10
• 65 lbs x 10
• 70 lbs x 8
• 65lbsx fail
• DB rotating half moon
• 30 lbs x 10
• 30 lbs x 10
• 30 lbs x 10
• 30 lbs x 10
• 30 lbs x 10
• Cardio 20 min elliptical (legs were very sore. needed low impact BEAST73 THE PAIN TRAIN!) hairygrandpa Sunday is heavy bag day. we shall see if you get the middle finger lol.
I think that is how I will rate everyone's suggestions from now on. On a scale from 1-10 middle fingers. I.E. How many fuggs you did you give after your workout. lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe some decline cable or DB flies at high reps. Those seem to give me a nice lower pump anyways

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great Workout Bro! and I love the volume.. Most people have problems with their lower pecs and I think it’s due to genetics. How many days a week are you training? It seems everything is working great for you,and the results are very good!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is kind of my "thing" that I'm trying now - but super slow movements can really help bring on the pain. I'm talking 4-6 seconds up, 8-10 seconds down.

Do a set of dumbbell flyes superset with flat benches in the 8-10 rep range. You will feel those bench presses. I know it's not targeting your lower pecks, but I feel pain all over, including my rib cage below my chest, when doing this.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Great Workout Bro! and I love the volume.. Most people have problems with their lower pecs and I think it’s due to genetics. How many days a week are you training? It seems everything is working great for you,and the results are very good!
Thanks bro. I feel pretty damn good currently. I am starting to notice some real body composition changes. Im at 6 days currently, but sometimes i go for a bike ride on my off day because i get bored.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
This is kind of my "thing" that I'm trying now - but super slow movements can really help bring on the pain. I'm talking 4-6 seconds up, 8-10 seconds down.

Do a set of dumbbell flyes superset with flat benches in the 8-10 rep range. You will feel those bench presses. I know it's not targeting your lower pecks, but I feel pain all over, including my rib cage below my chest, when doing this.
Thats always the goal on Fridays. So maybe i should incorporat it throughout my weekly workouts

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
So today was my large feeding day. I up my intake to roughly 850cals. Everything is pro-rated. Two weeks from now it will climb to 950 and so on for 6 weeks. Then we re-evaluate and re-design.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So today was my large feeding day. I up my intake to roughly 850cals. Everything is pro-rated. Two weeks from now it will climb to 950 and so on for 6 weeks. Then we re-evaluate and re-design.
Nice!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hairygrandpa Sunday is heavy bag day. we shall see if you get the middle finger lol.
I think that is how I will rate everyone's suggestions from now on. On a scale from 1-10 middle fingers. I.E. How many fuggs you did you give after your workout. lol
I think you got me wrong here. EVERYDAY is heavy bag day, at least every workout day. Lazy bastard. ;)

Ulfhednar

Awards
Man i cant imagine 850 calories being large lol. Cant wait to see this all workout!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is hairygrandpa heavy bag workout
20181102_192649.jpeg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That is how its done!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Lmao! Thats funny.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SFreed , have you an idea how to "mention" AM members like James Tyr? I mean, he has a double name -and it won't work like mentioning you ---> SFreed <---- see? When trying, it only posts in red the first name "James". Know what I mean?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You mean James Tyr

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I typed exactly what you see there. Did work for me perfectly.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You mean James Tyr
Let me try...
James Tyr

Damn. I swear before the server update this didn't work!

Well, now I feel silly.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Sure...... Hahaha

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Bahahaha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The fuggin' good ol' days. This forum was like "Stand By Me" back then. We didn't even know what we had.
We still have that. I would have not been able to get to the Best Shape Of My Life at 60 years old with out the help and encouragement of the good guys and gals here! Thank You All !!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Sorry for the lack of updates. I will write up more details when i get back in town.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Update update update!
So to start this off, I would like to give a shout out to TheMyth, whom so kindly, sent me a bottle of Radiate to help me along my journey. We still do have generous people in the world! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
A quick little note on my first few days on Radiate: I really like this product, though I am considering taking two capsules instead one just the one. I am highly stimulant tolerate, which affects the time it takes Radiate to kick in. However, once it is in full swing I can definitely tell the difference. The appetite suppressant is on the medium-high side, which is nice because we all know how my diet looks hahahaha!
So far, I like this product and will probably by the powder when the capsules are out (just so i can compare).

Now on to my updates. I have gained a ton of strength this week. I feel good, really good. I've started splitting my meal up in half (as far as calories).
The split is only by two hours, but it helps carry me through. The first have is a protein shake with a ton of supplementation and the second is actual food. I usually have venison, steak, or bison with some type of greens and mushrooms.

Sunday's workout was pretty straight forward. It was a mix of all the left over exercises that i wasn't able to re-touch on this week.
*Reminder: I re-do the main workouts (de-loaded) on the following days as a warm-up and save all of the conjoining exercises to re-do on Sunday as a full body workout (not de-loaded).
So naturally Sunday took forever to get done. Here it is:
russian salute curls
10 sets
x15
EZ bar curls(forward and reverse grip)
10 sets
X15
side extension curls
10 sets
X15
pull downs-(reverse & forward grip)
10 sets
X20
Push downs
10 sets
X20
Over-head extensions-ceiling & straight
10 sets
X10
Dumbbell flies
7 sets
X15
Dumbbell incline
7 sets
X15
Dumbbell half moons
7 sets
X15
Reverse dumbbell press
7 sets
X15
Abs
shrugs
10 sets
X20
cable shrugs with rotation
10 sets
X20
farm walk
side extensions with a 45 plate
10 sets
X20 each side
Viking pulls
10 sets
X10
incline rev. flies
10 sets
X10
weighted rows
8 sets
Pull-ups
8 sets
X 8 assisted
hang cleans. 65%,75%,75%,80%,80%
Leg extensions
10 sets
X10

leg curls
10 sets
X10
cable pulls (neck, face, overhead)
10 sets
X15

Cardio- HIIT
Die…….

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
I was buried in work yesterday and couldn't break out, so today's workout was supposed to be Monday's.
Here is today's numbers:

• Decline Bench 75% x 10
• 75% x 10
• 85% x 6
• 85% x 3
• 95% x 3+
• Biceps Cable [rope hammer grip]
• 70lbs x 40
• 80lbs x40
• 110lbsx40
• 130lbs x 25 +
• Triceps (pull downs-rope grip,over-head extensions, nose breakers)
• 70lbs x 40
• 80lbs x40
• 110lbsx40
• 130lbs x 25 +
• Chest (Dumbbell flies, Dumbbell incline, half moons)
• 55lbs x 20 (Weight reflects incline. Weight for flies/ 30lbs-45lbs)
• 55 lbs x 20
• 60lbs x 20
• 65 x 12
• Cardio-At least 15min shoot for 30min. (row,tread,stairs,bike,or elliptical. Pick one)

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great numbers in sets,reps for Sunday,and Today! The resting for yesterday you needed that. Those Guys at RXSsupplements, You ‘Rock’!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Meal prep day. This is lamb
20181106_075508.jpeg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You did 184 sets on Sunday (if I counted right) -and no heavy bag as promised.
184 sets. I always thought that I'm the crazy one going over 50 sets sometimes. How long did it take you?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
184 sets. I always thought that I'm the crazy one going over 50 sets sometimes. How long did it take you?
Thats gotta be reps and not sets

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Lol heavy bag will be tomorrow for sure! I already had Sunday printed out and forgot. My bad.
It took me roughly 2 hours, after i got moving. I was so sore Monday morning that it was work wiping my behind. Hahahaha
All in all, the workout this morning helped with the soreness. It took an act of god to get going though. Could not wake up. Got up and got it done though.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
I do everything in circuit continuosly. Rest on third set for 30 sec. What is posted above is not a recorded workout, but the plan. A few percentage of the reps were toned down to failure because i couldnt lift that weight anymore. On the next set, i make up for it by hitting all reps with dropped weight, so the muscle is still engaged. I dont skip excercises, but id be a fool if i didnt adjust on the fly (injuries etc). I dont waste time in the gym writing everything down one set at at a time. I cant remeber specifics when i get home to write it up, so i post the plan for that day.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do everything in circuit continuosly. Rest on third set for 30 sec. What is posted above is not a recorded workout, but the plan. A few percentage of the reps were toned down to failure because i couldnt lift that weight anymore. On the next set, i make up for it by hitting all reps with dropped weight, so the muscle is still engaged. I dont skip excercises, but id be a fool if i didnt adjust on the fly (injuries etc). I dont waste time in the gym writing everything down one set at at a time. I cant remeber specifics when i get home to write it up, so i post the plan for that day.
I thought so. Its only doable in circuit fashion. I did once 57 sets in an hour and had to re-calculate how this is even possible without time travel. Its the circuits -no pauses between sets.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
I thought so. Its only doable in circuit fashion. I did once 57 sets in an hour and had to re-calculate how this is even possible without time travel. Its the circuits -no pauses between sets.
Great for an all inclusive workout. I do not count my cardio as part of the workout. Usually because i get it at lunch

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Doing that many sets pretty much IS cardio. You can't work at a high intensity for that long....modulating the intensity to the point you can sustain that becomes more and more aerobic.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When I do the 1500 to 2000 repetition workout, I take the next day off.