James Tyr

Awards
Today's main workout after re-touching on legs:
• Bench 75% x 10
• 75% x 8
• 85% x 5
• 85% x 3
• 95% x 3+
• Biceps Cable [russian salute, EZ bar (forward and reverse grip), and side extension}
• 70lbs x 40 (weight reflects ez-bar. Subtract 10-25% for other exercises)
• 80lbs x40
• 110lbsx40
• 130lbs x 25 +
• Triceps (pull downs-rev & fwrd/over-head extensions-ceiling & straight. Use every grip on ez bar fwrd & rev. )
• 70lbs x 40
• 80lbs x40
• 110lbsx40
• 130lbs x 25 +
• Chest (Dumbbell flies, Dumbbell incline)
• 55lbs x 15 (Weight reflects incline. Weight for flies/ 30lbs-45lbs)
• 55 lbs x 15
• 60lbs x 15
• 65 x 8+
• Cardio-row for 10 min.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m in! Great work already!! Excited to follow along!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Daily update inbound. 30 October 2018-
Today was a very successful workout. I've decided to experiment a little this week by changing a few minor techniques of which my workouts are structured. If you've been following this thread so far, then i thank you for being here and please criticize away. I need that. I am continuing to apply a technique out of hairygrandpa's (HGP) experiment. If you haven't taken a look at that thread, I think it is worth your time.
A quick explanation on what I'm talking about. if you did chest, bi's and tri's yesterday, then you would hit those exercises again today, but at a de-load, or drop sets. The goal is not to go to failure on these muscles the second day. After you knock that out, continue on with your scheduled workout for today. Please correct me if i have mis-spoken HairyGP.
Due to the differences in nutrition values throughout the day between HGP and I, have decided to alter the method to fit into my plan. Instead of re-touching on the whole of yesterday's workout, I am only utilizing the main exercises that my workout are based off of.

For Example: If i would have had bench, curls, pulls downs, and DB presses as my main lifts on Monday's workout, then i would have utilized those same lifts this morning without all of the adjoining super-sets that i usually throw in. Albeit, at less weight and fewer sets, but its is a great way to warm up.
All of the super-set adjoining exercises will accumulate onto Sunday's workout. I am considering adding a Saturday workout to the list so I can spread those out over the two days. that way recovery can still occur. By hitting the lower body on Saturday and upper on Sunday, that may allow me to have adequate recovery for legs on Monday. we shall see.
The only other major change that i have implemented was combining all exercises into a higher intensity. If you refer to last week's workout sheet that I've posted before, you will notice that I color coordinate super-setting main lifts, but only two at a time. Then i hit all of the adjoining exercises (for those to lifts) in between the next set. Since I have now added the re-touch on yesterday's workouts, I am pressed for time. So, I alleviated that pressure by turning the entire workout basically into a circuit. The intensity made me puke this morning. I set a standard of 35 seconds of rest between every second set. All i can say is, I am glad no-one wants to work out at 3:30am. I took up a lot of space and looked like I had rabies moving around that place. I decided now was the time to amp things up and after doing more research on full body workouts (thanks to MrKleen73 advice on another thread) I've found that i can apply the same principle to a set supporting muscle groups. I.E. chest, delts,tris,bis etc. but instead of wearing out one at a time, I cover the entire spectrum.
This can be brutal - but I am going to play devil's advocate on your setup. The idea of the feeder sets is to feed the muscles and force nutrients into the fatigued muscle, while also allowing additional blood flow to remove waste products left in the muscle.

HGP, I believe, is doing feeder workouts by themselves. I.e. - he is not trying to accomplish a high intensity workout alongside a feeder workout. This is a big distinction because the feeder workout, when used alongside the high intensity workout, will contradict each other.

i.e. - if you train biceps, triceps and chest today and then tomorrow go in and do a feeder for those same muscles - filling them with blood and nutrients - you will then suck the blood out as you create a demand for the high intensity workout you follow it with when you do back. Instead of getting a good feeder workout, you will get a partial feeder - and the fatigue and lack of blood and nutrients will reduce the intensity you can give to your back workout that follows.

And if you reverse it, you will have intensity in the beginning for the back workout, but then you will suck all the blood out of that muscle group to feed the feeder sets; which will hinder recovery of the back muscles.

Also, you are already doing quite a bit of exercise on a low calorie diet. If you continue down that road, you will eventually hit a wall where your leptin drops and you will likely become crazy ravenous.

Finally, given that you are taking in such a small amount of nutrition - feeder sets won't have many nutrients to carry to the muscle anyway.

I could be wrong; but it makes sense to me :)

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
This can be brutal - but I am going to play devil's advocate on your setup. The idea of the feeder sets is to feed the muscles and force nutrients into the fatigued muscle, while also allowing additional blood flow to remove waste products left in the muscle.

HGP, I believe, is doing feeder workouts by themselves. I.e. - he is not trying to accomplish a high intensity workout alongside a feeder workout. This is a big distinction because the feeder workout, when used alongside the high intensity workout, will contradict each other.

i.e. - if you train biceps, triceps and chest today and then tomorrow go in and do a feeder for those same muscles - filling them with blood and nutrients - you will then suck the blood out as you create a demand for the high intensity workout you follow it with when you do back. Instead of getting a good feeder workout, you will get a partial feeder - and the fatigue and lack of blood and nutrients will reduce the intensity you can give to your back workout that follows.

And if you reverse it, you will have intensity in the beginning for the back workout, but then you will suck all the blood out of that muscle group to feed the feeder sets; which will hinder recovery of the back muscles.

Also, you are already doing quite a bit of exercise on a low calorie diet. If you continue down that road, you will eventually hit a wall where your leptin drops and you will likely become crazy ravenous.

Finally, given that you are taking in such a small amount of nutrition - feeder sets won't have many nutrients to carry to the muscle anyway.

I could be wrong; but it makes sense to me :)
I can see how that makes sense. For the sake of consistency, I am going to continue this routine for at least two weeks to track and possibly prove your devil's advocacy correct.
This should end up with some interestingly singular data. Also, I am curious to how much growth can occur during that much pressure.

Curious as well about how this will affect my GH levels as the deficit that ill be operating at is quite extreme. I forsee my feeding days being loaded with higher caloric intake at least when we get to that point.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can see how that makes sense. For the sake of consistency, I am going to continue this routine for at least two weeks to track and possibly prove your devil's advocacy correct.
This should end up with some interestingly singular data. Also, I am curious to how much growth can occur during that much pressure.

Curious as well about how this will affect my GH levels as the deficit that ill be operating at is quite extreme. I forsee my feeding days being loaded with higher caloric intake at least when we get to that point.
The only way to prove anything is through experiment!!! You may prove me wrong, which would be very interesting!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
The only way to prove anything is through experiment!!! You may prove me wrong, which would be very interesting!
I doubt it, but im going for broke either way! Lol

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

HIT4ME nailed it. Basically, I have 3 workout days per week, doing a split. The off-days are used to up blood flow to the muscles I used the day before. I go to the gym 6 days a week, one day is workout -the next is flushing the muscles with nutrients. Accordingly is my diet. On workout days I train fasted and have only one meal after workout. On "feeder days" I eat multiple small meals throughout the day.

This diet/workout program is just a test of my shower thoughts. It sounds logical -but no idea if it will yield better results. I did a lot of crazy experiments in the past, not all work as intended.

Since you are in a harsh caloric deficit, I personally would train LESS. The amount of calories you burn training is very small in comparison to your deficit. Honestly, HIT4ME is for me the biggest authority when it comes to cutting. I'm more of an example how not to cut effectively, as I use wildly PED's too.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
HIT4ME nailed it. Basically, I have 3 workout days per week, doing a split. The off-days are used to up blood flow to the muscles I used the day before. I go to the gym 6 days a week, one day is workout -the next is flushing the muscles with nutrients. Accordingly is my diet. On workout days I train fasted and have only one meal after workout. On "feeder days" I eat multiple small meals throughout the day.

This diet/workout program is just a test of my shower thoughts. It sounds logical -but no idea if it will yield better results. I did a lot of crazy experiments in the past, not all work as intended.

Since you are in a harsh caloric deficit, I personally would train LESS. The amount of calories you burn training is very small in comparison to your deficit. Honestly, HIT4ME is for me the biggest authority when it comes to cutting. I'm more of an example how not to cut effectively, as I use wildly PED's too.
I guess your thread on those feeders spurred some experimentation of my own. I really dont know if i can train less (im really addicted at this point and i fear if i dont stay consistant that i will fall off the wagon (so to speak). I think this will be a fun experiment for two weeks. I think it will help me to learn my body's threshold (on both spectrums). This will probably blow up on my face, but i think thats what i like the most about it. The huge chance of failing. Plus, i will not be wearing a damn diaper on youtube, for losing the new year challenge! Hahahaha
I am very close to my goal weight. Once I hit 230, then the calories come up and the eating schedule changes to accomidate bigger growth. One thing is for certain, you guys have been awesome with the support. Keeping this log and seeing the feedback from all you monsters, is a huge reason i am staying focused. My mind is on it constantly. I can't say thank you enough.
P.S. Below is a picture of something my wife finds hilarious. She told me she would be disappointed if i didnt share it with all of you.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Heres the picture
20181030_130403.jpeg

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Jamestry,Awesome workouts Bro! and The feeder method is pretty good!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Haha - you are too kind, but I appreciate all the credit you give me. I think you are more of an example than you give yourself credit for. You aren't exactly low-intensity and you've kept that up longer than anyone on this board I think. So many people have come and gone since you started. You may still be working on that six pack - but YOU ARE STILL WORKING!

I guess your thread on those feeders spurred some experimentation of my own. I really dont know if i can train less (im really addicted at this point and i fear if i dont stay consistant that i will fall off the wagon (so to speak). I think this will be a fun experiment for two weeks. I think it will help me to learn my body's threshold (on both spectrums). This will probably blow up on my face, but i think thats what i like the most about it. The huge chance of failing. Plus, i will not be wearing a damn diaper on youtube, for losing the new year challenge! Hahahaha
I am very close to my goal weight. Once I hit 230, then the calories come up and the eating schedule changes to accomidate bigger growth. One thing is for certain, you guys have been awesome with the support. Keeping this log and seeing the feedback from all you monsters, is a huge reason i am staying focused. My mind is on it constantly. I can't say thank you enough.
P.S. Below is a picture of something my wife finds hilarious. She told me she would be disappointed if i didnt share it with all of you.
So, here is my only bit of advice. When you hit your limit with the low calories and the huge volume of exercise....it is going to be a crash and burn. You will be going great...success, success, success - and then you will literally wake up one morning and the second your eyes open you will be like, "I NEED a donut." I'm not talking like, "I crave a donut" - it will be insane. It will be literal hunger that you cannot fill. For about a week you will wake up like this. And you will stuff your face because it will just be pure instinct and drive. It's a tailspin that is going to be hard to recover from. I wasn't ready for it. Just be prepared and have a plan to get back on it.

Granted, at your higher bodyfat it may not hit that hard; especially if you back off before you are below about 15% bodyfat. But once you get lean, if you're pushing like this, it's going to end hard. Right now, you are probably safe because you have bodyfat that your body can eat instead of food...

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
HIT4ME thats a great point about body fat. Thank you for the advise. I think i will start planning now on the caloric ramp up in two-weeks. If i can stick it out and not f it up, then ill have hit my target head on.

This thread may get really interesting in the next 7-14 days. Buckle up and pray for me lol!

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, I agree with HIT4ME. I experienced the same thing last month,and I gave my body some delicious bluebell ice cream.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Yes, I agree with HIT4ME. I experienced the same thing last month,and I gave my body some delicious bluebell ice cream.
Bluebell is basically crack. I can only imagine the ravenous hunger added to it.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Wow! What a workout this morning. I woke up absolutely great. I woke up feeling very strong.....and hungry lol. The gym was empty again this morning, so I figured it would be a good idea to move all of the trash cans near my set up. I am very glad I did that.
To continue with the spirit of the experiment, I hit bench press. picked one bicep and tricep exercise. I also re-touched on DB incline. Also continuing HIT4ME 's advise, I have permanently decided to separate Dead-lift day and Squat day. that suggestion was spot on. Not as much pain today.

Today's workout: Set up to be like a circuit. rest every two sets (target).

• Deadlift
• 75% x 10 (abs)
• 75% x 8
• 85% x 5
• 85% x 3
• 95% x 3+
• Traps (Shrugs & cable shrugs, farm walk)
• 135lbs x20 (Side extensions with a 45 plate & Viking pulls).
• 185lb x15
• 205lbs x 8+
• 205lbs x 8+
• 205lbs x 8+
• Upper Back (Incline rev. flies, weighted rows smith machine)
• 135lbs x15
• 135 lbs x10
• 135 lbs x10
• 140lbs x 8+
• 140lbs x 8+
• Bent over rows (lawn mowers)
• 55lbs x 12 (upright rows)
• 65lbs x 10
• 65lbs x 10
• 65lbs x 10
• 70lbs x 10+
• Cardio-row five minutes, then run.

It was a busy morning for sure, but I was fired up. At roughly the 4th set of Dead-lifts I was completely tuned in. Like absolutely focused felt almost instinct driven. I want more of that. below i will post a picture or two from this morning. Just so everyone can compare the progress for themselves. I really need to hit some areas hard though and would love some solid suggestions on them. My lower chest is very sad and decline isn't doing it. Lower belly area is pissing me off too. My love handles are hideous and all I can manage to do is cardio for them. I've never actually had that problem until i got fat, so I really don't know how to change it. Thanks in advance for your help and thank you all for being here!

Last edited:
James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Heres the only one that didnt come out blurry.
20181031_050324.jpeg

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great workout Bro!
The lower belly Fat and love handles will come off eventually,due to your diet and training. I would do HIIT cardio to speed up the process.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Great workout Bro!
The lower belly Fat and love handles will come off eventually,due to your diet and training. I would do HIIT cardio to speed up the process.
I will definitely try that, instead of solid state cardio.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking swole, bro! Personally, I hate cardio like I hate hairy women. All I do is punching the heavy bag. If you go mad on that bag, 3 x 1 minute will be like 1 hour treadmill.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Looking swole, bro! Personally, I hate cardio like I hate hairy women. All I do is punching the heavy bag. If you go mad on that bag, 3 x 1 minute will be like 1 hour treadmill.
Thank you. Slow progress, but its happening. I think ill try that heavy bag as well. Sounds satisfying.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you. Slow progress, but its happening. I think ill try that heavy bag as well. Sounds satisfying.
Get some gloves for that, or you will leave stains on that bag. :)

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Well another day of feeling absolutely amazing. I'm talking euphoric focus. I don't really know whats going on, or why i'm feeling this way. So, I took a chance and I threw out my mood pills this morning. from this point forward I am trying to better myself completely on my own (guided) terms instead of medication. My shoulders feel huge this morning. I think i need longer shirts now.
This morning, 01Nov2018 0330-0505
After a re-touch on yesterday's workout:
• overhead press
• 75% x 8
• 75% x 5
• 75% x 5
• 85% x 3
• 95% x 1+
• Traps (shrugs and cable shrugs)135lbs x15
• 135lbs x15
• 135lbs x15
• 185lb x12
• 205lbs x 8+
• Shoulders (cable pulls, neck, face, overhead)
• 60lbs x15
• 60lbs x15
• 650lbs x15
• 70 lbs x10
• 70lbs x 8+
• Triceps (pull downs-rev & fwrd/over-head extensions-ceiling & straight. Use every grip on ez bar fwrd & rev. )
• 70lbs x 40
• 80lbs x40
• 110lbsx40
• 130lbs x 25 +
• Cardio 20 min.
If you will notice Today's workout is the same from last week. This setup was a little on the too hard side last week, so i decided to keep it the same for this week in hopes that the extra struggle will make me stronger in this area.

A big ol' friendly middle finger BEAST73 or from now on (according to me) THE-PAIN-TRAIN; for suggesting HIIT cardio. I seriously will have a six pack soon enough if i keep puking like i did today during cardio. Torture. absolute torture. Also worth it! thanks man. hairygrandpa heavy bag is tomorrow. You might get the ol' friendly middle tomorrow! lol

Food for discussion: Thoughts on yoga for my program. Wife is going on about its uses for back pain etc etc. What do you think? Lmk

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well another day of feeling absolutely amazing. I'm talking euphoric focus. I don't really know whats going on, or why i'm feeling this way. So, I took a chance and I threw out my mood pills this morning. from this point forward I am trying to better myself completely on my own (guided) terms instead of medication. My shoulders feel huge this morning. I think i need longer shirts now.
This morning, 01Nov2018 0330-0505
After a re-touch on yesterday's workout:
•overhead press
•75% x 8
•75% x 5
•75% x 5
•85% x 3
•95% x 1+
•Traps (shrugs and cable shrugs)135lbs x15
•135lbs x15
•135lbs x15
•185lb x12
•205lbs x 8+
•Shoulders (cable pulls, neck, face, overhead)
•60lbs x15
•60lbs x15
•650lbs x15
•70 lbs x10
•70lbs x 8+
•Triceps (pull downs-rev & fwrd/over-head extensions-ceiling & straight. Use every grip on ez bar fwrd & rev. )
•70lbs x 40
•80lbs x40
•110lbsx40
•130lbs x 25 +
•Cardio 20 min.
If you will notice Today's workout is the same from last week. This setup was a little on the too hard side last week, so i decided to keep it the same for this week in hopes that the extra struggle will make me stronger in this area.

A big ol' friendly middle finger BEAST73 or from now on (according to me) THE-PAIN-TRAIN; for suggesting HIIT cardio. I seriously will have a six pack soon enough if i keep puking like i did today during cardio. Torture. absolute torture. Also worth it! thanks man. hairygrandpa heavy bag is tomorrow. You might get the ol' friendly middle tomorrow! lol

Food for discussion: Thoughts on yoga for my program. Wife is going on about its uses for back pain etc etc. What do you think? Lmk
I've never tried it, but I do know most VA's have classes, and alot of people like it.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would skip the yoga. It has practical uses (mobility) but if you have lumbar pain then you want *semi* tight erectors, hams and glutes. These muscles are guarding the spine when tight, now if they spasm that’s a different story.

You should focus on your core (all planes not just frontal) work on bracing and have better glute firing when deadlifting/squatting.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, I am just starting to do yoga. I was waking up at 5 AM - which is super early for me - and doing Yoga for about 40 minutes and then running on the treadmill for about 45 minutes. I do a lot of sitting and I have some nagging back pain and hip pains. I hesitate to even call it pain...it was very minor and I could do squats and deadlifts with no pain, but standing up and doing minor things would lead to spots that would "catch" or just not feel right.

That all cleared up pretty quickly with a couple weeks of Yoga. There have been a couple medical emergencies in my family over the past 2 weeks so I've been exhausted and fell off the wagon....but I need to get back on it.

Dorian Yates likes yoga nowadays. That's good enough for me. Haha.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
I think thats very good points on yoga. The pain im experiencing is residual from where i broke it years ago. I guess i never strengthened it up since then. Like tyga tyga says i suspect the surrounding and supporting muscles need to get stronger. Also, maybe I should investigate if i have trained those supporting muscles to compensate incorrectly and the result making that area weak

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Jamestyr, I’am glad you like the HIIT cardio. I would do it 2 times a week.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
What do you guys think about the altitude masks? Do you think its stupid or is the concept sound?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What do you guys think about the altitude masks? Do you think its stupid or is the concept sound?
Stupid. You have to sleep at altitude to truly adjust. However, your diaphragm will get a sweet pump from one!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Stupid. You have to sleep at altitude to truly adjust. However, your diaphragm will get a sweet pump from one!
I heard the same thing, then an old friend tells me its awesome for getting the heart rate up and working on anaerobic fitness. I agree the name "altitude mask" is stupid and misleading. As far as the heart rate thing and anaerobic training are concerned, what do you think? worth using, he gave me one. Thats the only reason I'm asking because its here.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I won’t lie, I used one years ago when I did cardio. It does light up the respiratory system pretty good. That’s all I have lol.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just going to play some more devil's advocate here - you and I have similar mental make ups in a lot of ways I think. I always describe it as "all or nothing." If I am going to do something, it's going to be intense and ballz-out and make everyone else get the fugg out of the way, or I'm going to grab a bag of chips and sit on the couch. The stuff in between has a hard time getting my attention.

I also have noticed, in life, that our best traits are often our worst traits. Things that serve us well and allow us to overachieve in certain situations, also make us crash and burn in others. Sometimes, we need to have more than one tool in the tool box. Not every problem is a nail.

What I am seeing here is that you are trying to make it harder and harder on yourself. Presumably you associate hard work with success, and this is true - to a point. At some point you will reach a point where you break; you will either dread getting to the gym the day after a workout to do the next workout, or you will get an injury, or your body will be too tried to make the workout meaningful. You will struggle, but you won't be stimulating progress.

Lee Haney summed this up as, "Stimulate, don't annihilate". I take this as, it's called TRAINING for a reason. We don't call it self destruction. Hard work is important - but you cannot blow yourself up and then come back and do it again tomorrow. And to make it worse, provide your body with little nutrition and limit recovery while doing all of this, and try to eek out every last 1% increase in intensity that you can get.

Your goal is to lose weight right now. Your diet will provide 80-90% of the results. A reasonable training regimen will improve these results by an additional 5-15%. An insane training regimen will get you that last 2-5% and will also likely make you burn out and hate what you are doing.

To put this in perspective, what those percentages mean is that if you take 95 days to achieve a weight while burning out, you could do it in 100 days while not burning out but working hard.

There is a difference between working hard (which you have on lock down) and discipline (which you have, but like most of us, could practice).

I know results are slow - typically if you do the math and plan that you can lose x amount of weight in y number of days - the actual weight loss seems to take almost twice as long in real life. You just need to be consistent.

Not trying to be the negative nelly in here - but you're already doing A LOT right; and maybe you won't crash and burn. A lot of people thought I would burn out much faster than I did on the PSMF. I just see you doing so much right and working hard; and it is like you are trying to squeeze the life out of this. I applaud the efforts; but you are making awesome progress and trying to redline and blowing up your engine won't serve you.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think it also make a person look BadAZzzz!
LOL - you must look like "Bad Superman" with a mask and one of your T-Shirts. #Beast. The Pain Train.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Jamestyr, I agree with HIT4ME. You can do this,and I know You can do this. We all have our limitations as humans,but We need to have a second plan,if the first plan crashes. I have found out the hard way that Training is good,but feeding the body for optimal performance and good Recovery,will give you the Best overall results..

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Wise words indeed. You have me figured out. I equate hard work and intensity with success. I value work ethic over all else. My whole theory in life is: If I should fail, then it's not because I didn't sacrifice everything I have toward my goal. I guess I get off on pushing my limit. The sense of pride going through the fire and pulling things off, that most people can't or won't.

I also measure my success off of other people that are better than me. Criticism helps fine tune a lot of it. However, you also nailed it when you mentioned the crash and burn. I have been in many situations that have totally been my fault because of intensity. I have learned mechanisms to concrete certain attainable aspects of my goal to me. I used to be able to just go and do things because that's what i said i'd do, no matter how crazy. Now, I have to have fail safes in place mentally. Ex:
This log is one. The no new year challenge is another. etc. etc. People that hold me accountable on my word.

I have small goals that i expect to achieve quickly. I have larger goals that extend at one year, two-five years.
Don't take this the wrong way (this is a complement btw) I want to be better than you, HGP, Demented Cowboy, The Pain Train, hell every one in this thread. That's because I recognize you as superior to me currently. If it takes me 10 years to hit that mark, then i have to see it through. Concrete myself to that standard. That's why I constantly pick your collective brains. You guys know more, or have had different experiences.

I adjust to the highest level. I'm stubborn, but not stupid enough to come on AM and seek out validation on my techniques by just waiting for that one person who agrees with my style. I adjust, as all successful people do. One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure to call friend burned into my brain. "If you suck a something, then go out and find the best MFer at it and learn how to beat them."

I am not disagreeing that there is a high chance to a crash and burn here. That's what makes it fun and exciting for me. I appreciate all of your collective time, support, and criticism. I hope it continues because there is alot for me to learn and re-learn. I pray that this thread doesn't become like a majority of the other logs that I've seen. I.E. One guy posting updates and only onlookers. If I'm f***ing up, call me out on that sh** and lets discuss better options and methods because I don't know SH*T. lol

Thanks again you guys and gal.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wise words indeed. You have me figured out. I equate hard work and intensity with success. I value work ethic over all else. My whole theory in life is: If I should fail, then it's not because I didn't sacrifice everything I have toward my goal. I guess I get off on pushing my limit. The sense of pride going through the fire and pulling things off, that most people can't or won't.

I also measure my success off of other people that are better than me. Criticism helps fine tune a lot of it. However, you also nailed it when you mentioned the crash and burn. I have been in many situations that have totally been my fault because of intensity. I have learned mechanisms to concrete certain attainable aspects of my goal to me. I used to be able to just go and do things because that's what i said i'd do, no matter how crazy. Now, I have to have fail safes in place mentally. Ex:
This log is one. The no new year challenge is another. etc. etc. People that hold me accountable on my word.

I have small goals that i expect to achieve quickly. I have larger goals that extend at one year, two-five years.
Don't take this the wrong way (this is a complement btw) I want to be better than you, HGP, Demented Cowboy, The Pain Train, hell every one in this thread. That's because I recognize you as superior to me currently. If it takes me 10 years to hit that mark, then i have to see it through. Concrete myself to that standard. That's why I constantly pick your collective brains. You guys know more, or have had different experiences.

I adjust to the highest level. I'm stubborn, but not stupid enough to come on AM and seek out validation on my techniques by just waiting for that one person who agrees with my style. I adjust, as all successful people do. One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure to call friend burned into my brain. "If you suck a something, then go out and find the best MFer at it and learn how to beat them."

I am not disagreeing that there is a high chance to a crash and burn here. That's what makes it fun and exciting for me. I appreciate all of your collective time, support, and criticism. I hope it continues because there is alot for me to learn and re-learn. I pray that this thread doesn't become like a majority of the other logs that I've seen. I.E. One guy posting updates and only onlookers. If I'm f***ing up, call me out on that sh** and lets discuss better options and methods because I don't know SH*T. lol

I don't think you are "****ing up" really. I'd say you're doing 90% right and 10% too much.

The engines have to work pretty hard and a lot of things have to be done "right" to get a plane off the ground. But once you have it in the air, pushing the engines harder can cause catastophy. Sometimes, it's best to focus on the goal and result and not try to squeeze a little bit more. That little bit more is what kills you - and it's often an extension of the things you did right in the first place.

I'm not sure I have a physique anyone would go after like HGP or Beast or any of the other people you name. Trying to be the best you can be is a good attribute. Elevating and maintaining high standards is a good skill to develop.

But let's look at ALL that you are already doing right. You are maintaining a super strict diet that many people will bash and few people could adhere to for more than 2 weeks in their most extreme circumstances. You are lifting heavy and consistently - a feat that few people stick to for long. You are now incorporating HIIT training - something that few people will do with any consistency. You are already doing a lot of the things that got people on this board where they wanted to go. Things that are hard for anyone.

Trying to push it just a little harder may get you there in 95 days (if you don't crash) instead of 100. At best. But you should be proud and comfortable doing what you are doing. It's already dramatic. If you can be disciplined and keep the engine cool to make it to day 100, you will make it and you won't come into the landing strip with an engine on fire.

Can you do more? You and I area alike and I KNOW you can do more - if anyone says you can't you will dig deep and prove it to yourself that you can. You have that on lockdown and it is a strength. Now develop the discipline to do what you can maintain.

The analogy I am thinking of is if you wanted to drive across the country. You could rip out of your driveway with the pedal to the floor; thinking the faster you go the faster you will arrive - but if you keep that pedal down you will redline, kill the engine and never make it at all. But if you just maintain a consistent 80 mph you WILL get there. And in your case, you are going 100 and you will get there faster than most.

And this isn't negative - this thread is very interesting. What you are doing is inspiring. I tell you what though - of all the people you listed I would say I am the most like you. I go all out. I think a lot of people were inspired by what I did (not to sound arrogant) - and inspiring people really drove me further. Those people inspired ME.

But of all the people you listed out - there are some examples that come to mind like Beast and Hairygrandpa who both work VERY hard. Harder than most. But they have also been more consistent than almost anyone on this board. Look through logs on here...Those two guys are always delivering. It may not be crazy all the time, but it is hard and consistent. I want to be more like them when I grow up.

And keep in mind - some of this "criticism" comes because I know deserve the same criticism for the same reasons.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
I don't think you are "****ing up" really. I'd say you're doing 90% right and 10% too much.

The engines have to work pretty hard and a lot of things have to be done "right" to get a plane off the ground. But once you have it in the air, pushing the engines harder can cause catastophy. Sometimes, it's best to focus on the goal and result and not try to squeeze a little bit more. That little bit more is what kills you - and it's often an extension of the things you did right in the first place.

I'm not sure I have a physique anyone would go after like HGP or Beast or any of the other people you name. Trying to be the best you can be is a good attribute. Elevating and maintaining high standards is a good skill to develop.

But let's look at ALL that you are already doing right. You are maintaining a super strict diet that many people will bash and few people could adhere to for more than 2 weeks in their most extreme circumstances. You are lifting heavy and consistently - a feat that few people stick to for long. You are now incorporating HIIT training - something that few people will do with any consistency. You are already doing a lot of the things that got people on this board where they wanted to go. Things that are hard for anyone.

Trying to push it just a little harder may get you there in 95 days (if you don't crash) instead of 100. At best. But you should be proud and comfortable doing what you are doing. It's already dramatic. If you can be disciplined and keep the engine cool to make it to day 100, you will make it and you won't come into the landing strip with an engine on fire.

Can you do more? You and I area alike and I KNOW you can do more - if anyone says you can't you will dig deep and prove it to yourself that you can. You have that on lockdown and it is a strength. Now develop the discipline to do what you can maintain.

The analogy I am thinking of is if you wanted to drive across the country. You could rip out of your driveway with the pedal to the floor; thinking the faster you go the faster you will arrive - but if you keep that pedal down you will redline, kill the engine and never make it at all. But if you just maintain a consistent 80 mph you WILL get there. And in your case, you are going 100 and you will get there faster than most.

And this isn't negative - this thread is very interesting. What you are doing is inspiring. I tell you what though - of all the people you listed I would say I am the most like you. I go all out. I think a lot of people were inspired by what I did (not to sound arrogant) - and inspiring people really drove me further. Those people inspired ME.

But of all the people you listed out - there are some examples that come to mind like Beast and Hairygrandpa who both work VERY hard. Harder than most. But they have also been more consistent than almost anyone on this board. Look through logs on here...Those two guys are always delivering. It may not be crazy all the time, but it is hard and consistent. I want to be more like them when I grow up.

And keep in mind - some of this "criticism" comes because I know deserve the same criticism for the same reasons.
I respect that

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yep. He is doing way more than I did at the beginning -and I really tried as hard as I could. At my pace I crashed after a year, injuries, plateaus and a bit of yo-yo effect. AND all with help of PED's.
He is younger, maybe he can keep it up -but I too think, slower and steady would be better.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got really serious about My weight loss when HIT4ME,started the weight loss challenge in 2016. He really motivated me with the challenge and after that,I never took the foot off the gas pedal.Thanks a Million Brother!

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

If You suck at something,go out and find the best MF at it and learn how to beat them. I Like That! at 100%

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yep. He is doing way more than I did at the beginning -and I really tried as hard as I could. At my pace I crashed after a year, injuries, plateaus and a bit of yo-yo effect. AND all with help of PED's.
He is younger, maybe he can keep it up -but I too think, slower and steady would be better.
He also has more hair on his head and less on his chest.

I mean, I hope I am not coming out wrong - pedal down hard and it's better to burn out than to fade away - but he's already there!

I got really serious about My weight loss when HIT4ME,started the weight loss challenge in 2016. He really motivated me with the challenge and after that,I never took the foot off the gas pedal.Thanks a Million Brother!
Thanks brother...you guys are all too kind. You had come a long way well before my log, I am glad if I motivated anyone - but all I did is ignite what was already there and you guys gave all the fuel that I needed to keep going.

If You suck at something,go out and find the best MF at it and learn how to beat them. I Like That! at 100%
I like that a lot too!