tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I’ve been on minimal caffeine since my hospital visit. For some reason I tied the symptoms and the visit to caffeine. So, for the last month (30-45) days I’ve only had my morning coffee and on occasion a primatene tab. This was my normal day-

Wake (5:50a) 10-16oz cold brew (250-300mg)
10a - can of Hyde or bang (300-350mg)
3p - 350mg caffeine pre workout
6-8p - diet soda

I know a lot of guys are on this train as well lol so, the break has been nice. I ordered a new pre workout and will continue to have my morning cup of coffee and now the pre workout. Days I don’t lift, it’ll be coffee in the morning only. I’m sure my heart thanks me now, so there’s that.

IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wasn’t that bad, but bad enough - preWO at 6:30am then either a bang at 10 or a white monster - if Monster I would follow up in the afternoon with a 16oz coffee

When I started my cycle I dropped to like a single 60mg cap of caffeine from Red Light to avoid withdrawals. Lethargy was going to be awful first 3 weeks regardless so I sucked it up. Now I have been getting back into some, half a scoop of preWO here or a monster there, but it’s good to be able to actually feel the effects instead of just getting by.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D1

Standard PC warm up minus KB swing, added posterior oblique sling firing.

Squat emom
205x12x2r
*same weight as last week, see if I have some adaptation for Friday’s increased intensity load

Bench emom
175x8x3r
*added 5lb moved as fast as last week

Sumo every 30sec
255x15x1r

Bench and deads were butter but I think it’s because squats got me ready. I kept the load the same this week since last weeks 2rm fought me and I’ve been having that funky feeling in my lumbar/oblique.

Stay safe and have a happy New Years fam!

God bless

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fortunately for you, you will always get to squat before bench and dead in comp!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D2

-brisk walk with swinging arms + high steps
-regular pc warm up + posterior sling warm up

Pause squat
205x2x5r

Incline bench
185x3x5r

Seated row w/straight bar
Four sets amrap

Blue mini band pull thru
3x15

Pallof press
3 sets

Calf raises tempo 2-3-1
3x12

Yeesh, following up my volume day the next day with my AR day is pretty bad. My glutes were sore from yesterday and my low back was sore from the timed pulling as well. But, I did loosen up towards the tail end of my workout- I say “loosen” but I mean the soreness dissipated towards the end. Since I was off today I decided I may as well lift and have two consecutive days off before my rep max work Friday.

I widened my stance for squatting as well. I went through some of McGill’s latest videos on hip scouring to find the optimal stance. I think I found a pretty good width.

Take it easy
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last night was rough, got maybe 2-3hr sleep. I started having a stabbing pain (more like stab) to the left of my sternum. It would be once, then do it again 5-7min later. If I pushed on the spot, it would hurt some.. so naturally I figured I was having a heart attack. Which tail spun me. It eventually went away.

Here’s the thing, I had horrible indigestion, bloated and belching. I got nauseous at one point as well so I don’t know if I am coming down with something or if the stabbing made me start to identify with other symptoms of a heart attack.

Either way, I’m alive. The stabbing is gone but nausea is still present.

Oh and I had a bad bout of the trots before this all started and throughout.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s a bit scary. Going to go to the doc?
I don’t think so. I’m fine now besides the nausea and belching. I may have caught a 24hr bug, idk. If those symptoms come back, then absolutely.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
‘‘Tis the season for sure. Wish you a prompt recovery!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pushing on the area and it causing pain makes a heart attack less likely but the associated symptoms you had can be present with an atypical presentation. But youre young and as far as I know have very few risk factors for an acute coronary syndrome. Its a classic mistake to attribute this kinda thing to reflux or other gastroenteritis type thing...but do you think that couldve been it? Eat anything funky for dinner? Been around anyone sick?

Edit: Also, if the nausea and indigestion keep up long term try a trial with cimetidine and see if it improves after 2 weeks or so. If not, might wanna see a provider and get a quick test for H. pylori. Youre symptoms other than the diarrhea are pretty consistent with that as a possibility. If its just a one time thing I wouldnt worry so much about that though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The poops is probably the best news you could have - makes it way more likely you got some kind of bug going, which sucks but you’ll make it. May need to push training back but who cares.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pushing on the area and it causing pain makes a heart attack less likely but the associated symptoms you had can be present with an atypical presentation. But youre young and as far as I know have very few risk factors for an acute coronary syndrome. Its a classic mistake to attribute this kinda thing to reflux or other gastroenteritis type thing...but do you think that couldve been it? Eat anything funky for dinner? Been around anyone sick?

Edit: Also, if the nausea and indigestion keep up long term try a trial with cimetidine and see if it improves after 2 weeks or so. If not, might wanna see a provider and get a quick test for H. pylori. Youre symptoms other than the diarrhea are pretty consistent with that as a possibility. If its just a one time thing I wouldnt worry so much about that though.
It felt tender, almost where the first/second rib attach to the sternum. Pushing on it didn’t cause the same type of pain but it was painful. I don’t know how to truly describe it but for traditional symptoms of a heart attack (squeezing/heavy heart/ pressure) that’s not what it felt like.

I didn’t eat anything spicy for dinner, I ate my typical breakfast and ate a chicken casserole for dinner that my wife made. The only thing that was different were these seasoned sweet potato’s I bought from the store. But I looked at the spices and I didn’t think there was anything there that could have off set this type of thing.

I will mention, I’ve had something similar to this except it was on the outer part of my pec, same type of stabbing feeling, sharp and fast. Would do the same thing, happen for a split second, go away and then return 5-10min later. That eventually went away as well but you can see why I’m bothered some because I’ve had the same feeling just in a different location.

Edit* my wife thinks it’s either a hiatal hernia or Costochondritis. Since I did over eat at dinner but (and I know you don’t have to identify with all symptoms) I do believe it could’ve been Costochondritis since the first two symptoms nearly describe it to a T.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im gonna go ahead and say I agree with the wife that it sounds like costochondritis just because of the reproducible nature of it. Maybe think back and try to figure out if the pain was associated with moving (even just taking a deep breath), coughing, retching, etc. The most likely thing is definitely that with a superimposed 24 hour viral bug.

And yah bro, I definitely understand why youre concerned. Aint nobody over here trying to have a heart attack.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, still have some minor indigestion so today so far I’ve had

16oz bone broth and 1tbsp psyllium husks.

I’ll drink more bone broth through the day to see if it’ll go away. I’ve used ACV in the past diluted in water and it typically gets rid of any small bouts I have but I tried it the other day and it *seemed* to make it worse.

Little back story, I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 13. Haven’t really had problems or have been to symptomatic to point the finger at it as the reason. But, I’ve have loose stool/diarrhea and now on the opposite spectrum of constipation, some very, very minor abdominal pain w/gas. So, my guess is I’m dealing with my IBS now lol

Oh, I’m drinking the broth cuz #gainz.

If I can’t eat, I’m getting my protein somehow lol the last two days I’ve had roughly 100g protein and 100g cho (if that much in cho) and I know two days of lowered macros won’t kill my progress but tomorrow I more than likely won’t try for a new two rep max. Will probably repeat last weeks work.

Anyhow, be easy
God bless!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those collagen peptides are an effortless, tasteless 10g of protein btw. Been putting them in my intra-drink along with my normal EAAs and such.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My brother used to get esophogeal spazms and they felt exactly like you describe, or did to him anyway. We ended up taking him to the hospital one time when it happened and something was making his esophagus have massive spazms that would almost tie it in knots or so it felt like according to him.

Could have something to do with something like that as well.

My wife has HORRIBLE IBS, she has IBS w/D&C as well as constant nausea and regular vomiting. Has completely changed our entire lifestyle. She used to lift with me and was my ride or die partner until she got sick. Crazy how that stuff can take over and run rampant!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D3

Squat
315x2
325x2x1
*same as last week

Bench
245x2r
250x2x1r
*better than last week, both 2rm and singles

deficit dead ~ conv
245x5r
*same as last week

Everything felt stupid heavy and I expected it to. I feel about 80% and have a minor dull ache around my left pec (sometimes outer and sometimes towards my sternum).

Going to rest, skip my cheat meal tonight for my GIs sake and pray for a better tomorrow!

Macros today were still low
Cho 140
Fat-19
Pro-107

Be easy
God bless

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Down 5lbs since being sick
IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

Check it out though, sick gains
IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

^^ erectors be swole

Man, I haven’t gone through mandatories since my bb competition lol It’s tough.

I may start playing around with posing again just for fun, and maybe it’ll help around the insertions from binding up (?)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Erectors and back especially looking impressive!

Maybe try to get some easy calories in that don’t load the gut hard. Low fiber, like white rice or mashed potatoes.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Erectors and back especially looking impressive!

Maybe try to get some easy calories in that don’t load the gut hard. Low fiber, like white rice or mashed potatoes.
Thanks!

I was able to eat a cup of white rice and pulled chicken last night. Everything is plain Jane for now :/

Egg whites + toast too

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D4
-everything is superset agonist/antagonist

Decline bench
-115,135,155 x15
CGPD
-70,80,90 x15

Single arm cable curl
-20,25,25 x12
V handle ext
-70,80,90 x15

Behind the neck OHP
-65,75,80 x10
45 degree back ext
-red mini band 3x10

Leg ext
-50x3x15
Machine glute kick back
-50x3x15

Despite feeling about 80% and having minimal cho/fat I had an impressive pump going. Hope by Monday I’m back to 100% so I can get back to pushing this block :(

Be easy
God bless

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Food so far has been bland but I haven’t had to much stomach distention or indigestion.

Breakfast
100g egg white
Turkey sausage
Sourdough bread

Dinner
4oz 90/10 ground sirloin
1c white rice (jasmine long grain)

Snack
Pretzels
Black bean dip

Still have a protein shake in water , 4oz pulled chicken + 1c white rice (jasmine long grain) and more egg whites.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4D1

Squat emom
210x12x2r *added 5lb

Bench emom
175x8x3r *same as last week

Dead ~ sumo every 30s
255x15x1r *added 5lb and it moved like butter

Still have some pretty bad indigestion, appetite has been nil. I’m going to the doctor Wednesday if it’s not gone, that’ll be a full week of bloated indigestion and zilch of an appetite.. that can’t be good.

Anyhow, be easy

All prayers are welcome!
Thanks!
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMG_1644.JPG

Took 300mg ranitidine, idk if that was a smart move or not but I can not stand this indigestion. It’s literally interfering with my life and enjoyment.

I’m going to the doc Wednesday.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Make sure youre breaking that 300 mg into 2 doses, so 150 AM 150 PM. It's absolutely worth a shot imo especially since its affecting your quality of life so much. The doc will ask if you've tried anything so now you can at least tell him or her yes. Good luck bro.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Make sure youre breaking that 300 mg into 2 doses, so 150 AM 150 PM. It's absolutely worth a shot imo especially since its affecting your quality of life so much. The doc will ask if you've tried anything so now you can at least tell him or her yes. Good luck bro.
As a last ditch effort I took 300mg at once, before bed.

Edit* you’ve been super helpful btw and I appreciate it, for real.
Sorry to hear that tyga, bummer. Hope it is nothing major
thanks man, hope it nothing serious either.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I may be in the clear with the indigestion!

Yesterday I actually ate all my meals! Had very minor bloating, after one meal (which was the pulled chicken + jasmine rice) other than that, Nadda.

It could all be coincidental, but I took that 300mg of ranitidine (Zantac) before bed, went and got an adjustment yesterday (chiro said your upper back is responsible for acid reflux/indigestion) and I was tender from probably lower cervical to upper thoracic. He adjusted that and I had my stomach (just below sternum) feel like it was clenching, almost like a spasm. Anyhow, I’ve had two full meals so far and no indigestion.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4D2

Body weight 148 :(

2ct Pause squat
210x3x3r

Low Incline bench
190x2x5r

Lat pull down
120x12
140x2x6r

Face pull
4 sets of 12-15

Pallof press
4 sets each side of 12

Green mini band pull through
2x15

Today was a good day. I actually feel like myself.

Be easy
God bless

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
W4D2

Body weight 148 :(

2ct Pause squat
210x3x3r

Low Incline bench
190x2x5r

Lat pull down
120x12
140x2x6r

Face pull
4 sets of 12-15

Pallof press
4 sets each side of 12

Green mini band pull through
2x15

Today was a good day. I actually feel like myself.

Be easy
God bless
Gonna google Pallof press. No idea what that is.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah, interesting core workout! Will try!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, interesting core workout! Will try!
Its something (and stir the pots) that have ensured no further injury to my lumbar. Something I’ll always do!
Down a few lbs in weight?
7lbs to be exact

Was weight a consistent 155 in the morning :/ now I’m down to 148. It’s ridiculous. I should easily get back over 150lb within the next few days as long as I don’t have any digestion set backs.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck and glad you are feeling better. Been dealing with a gut issue that has been trying to hang on myself. I feel like I am finally over it but I have had a few good days then turned sour again. So hoping this is the end of it.

That weight will come back just get them carbs and fat in. If you can handle it a pizza would probably do wonders for you. Plenty of carbs and fat to restore what was lost inside the muscle. A lot of people forget that you can fat load too because some is also stored locally in the muscle, especially coming out of a deficit.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good luck and glad you are feeling better. Been dealing with a gut issue that has been trying to hang on myself. I feel like I am finally over it but I have had a few good days then turned sour again. So hoping this is the end of it.

That weight will come back just get them carbs and fat in. If you can handle it a pizza would probably do wonders for you. Plenty of carbs and fat to restore what was lost inside the muscle. A lot of people forget that you can fat load too because some is also stored locally in the muscle, especially coming out of a deficit.
Thanks Chris. I’m actually eating pizza tonight lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Worst training session to date.

Taking tomorrow and Sunday off and I’m starting a new block come Monday. I maybe had two and a half out of four decent training weeks in this block because of whatever I came down with.

I’ll obviously have bad days because every training day can’t be good. But, this training cycle has been poop. I’m going to focus on volume to re build my base (and movement patterns aka tempo work). Then I’ll run an intensity block later, in 12 weeks probably.

Either way
Be easy
God bless

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Worst training session to date.

Taking tomorrow and Sunday off and I’m starting a new block come Monday. I maybe had two and a half out of four decent training weeks in this block because of whatever I came down with.

I’ll obviously have bad days because every training day can’t be good. But, this training cycle has been poop. I’m going to focus on volume to re build my base (and movement patterns aka tempo work). Then I’ll run an intensity block later, in 12 weeks probably.

Either way
Be easy
God bless
I know this too. Workout not going as planned. Sudden loss of strength. If that happens, I "punish" the limbs with volume into submission for not complying with the plan. :)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We got hammered with snow ❄
IMG_1669.JPG

14” so far.. will probably get more tonight ⛄☃

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey you take the lil nugget out for snow angels and drag her around on a sled or what??

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey you take the lil nugget out for snow angels and drag her around on a sled or what??
Absolutely we did. We built a snowman, did some sledding and had a small snowball fight with the wife. She loves the snow lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely we did. We built a snowman, did some sledding and had a small snowball fight with the wife. She loves the snow lol
That’s awesome. My dad would always take us out to play like that when we were little and when we’d get back inside he’d light the fireplace and Mom would make us hot chocolate. Some great memories.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope it melts by next weekend!

I’ll be in the St. Louis area beginning on Thursday looking for a place to live. Get on it tyga tyga!
Oh cool! Moving for work or for retirement? If I’m in STL we’re going to have to train together!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Retirement...sort of. I like to keep busy. But yeah, I’d enjoy training with a pro!
No pro but I enjoy training with ppl from AM. Trained with Hyde in STL! Was a good time!