Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
W2D2

Body weight 153

Standard PC warm up with pubic adjustment (planks, cat/camel, dead bug, iso bear crawl)

Hip abductor
3 sets 15-25

Belt less squat
165x2x5r

Chest support tbar row
25x12
35x12
50x12
60x12

Incline db
75x2x5r

Kb swings
3x8-10r

Ab wheel amraps

Felt some super strength today despite the low intensity work everything moved like gluten, gmo, nitrate and sugar free butter baby

Everything was clicking this afternoon so I’m hoping that continues to Friday *fingers crossed*. I’ve gotten a grip on my eating as well lol so, I should see my weight dip a couple pounds (2-3lbs) on my morning weigh-Ins.

Off to church!

Be easy
God bless
Do you mash your lower abdomen before doing your hip resetting exercises? I saw that on a SmashRx video for it and had not seen that before but he said that sometimes you have to get the muscles surrounding the pelvis to relax so that the bones can move more freely back into position. He did it laying on a slam ball, I saw another video they used just basically a kick ball or whatever. So I am thinking I might try adding that in and see if I get more of a pop into place. I don't get the clunk all the time. T^hey say it isn't required but it just seems like an appropriate finish line. You feel / hear that and you know you are in position now.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you mash your lower abdomen before doing your hip resetting exercises? I saw that on a SmashRx video for it and had not seen that before but he said that sometimes you have to get the muscles surrounding the pelvis to relax so that the bones can move more freely back into position. He did it laying on a slam ball, I saw another video they used just basically a kick ball or whatever. So I am thinking I might try adding that in and see if I get more of a pop into place. I don't get the clunk all the time. T^hey say it isn't required but it just seems like an appropriate finish line. You feel / hear that and you know you are in position now.
I have in the past (I used a soccer ball), haven’t in well over a year or so. I get an audible clunk/pop almost every time and you’re right, that’s how I know it’s go time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have in the past (I used a soccer ball), haven’t in well over a year or so. I get an audible clunk/pop almost every time and you’re right, that’s how I know it’s go time.
Do you feel like it maybe helped you get to the point that you get the audible clunk now? I guess I should just give it a shot and see if it helps with mine.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you feel like it maybe helped you get to the point that you get the audible clunk now? I guess I should just give it a shot and see if it helps with mine.
Honestly couldn’t say if it did or didn’t. I only did it a few times.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W2D3

Body weight 153

Standard PC warm up (pubic adjustment, cat/camel, planks, kb swing, back ext, dead bug) this I actually the order I do them in as well

Squat x3rm + 1x1
305x3 @9
310x1 @9
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x712mrsaav79w4k/Video Nov 09, 4 47 24 PM.mov?dl=0

Bench x3 + 1x1
225x3@8
235x1 @8.5
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lquxosaf3hfwck/Video Nov 09, 5 11 55 PM.mov?dl=0
*Got the thirst trap angle for you too

SLDL
165x3x5r

Today felt a little heavier than I should have in my opinion. Not sure what was going on with my squats but as I got to my top sets my form completely changed. Had some serious knee valgus happening with my right knee. Guess it was just one of those workouts. Oh well.

Be easy
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W2d4

Body weight 153

10min brisk walk on treadmill (3.5 incline / 3.5mph)

D-handle pds ss w/ rope ext
50x3x20
60x3x15

Decline bench ss w/ Db curl
115x3x15
20x3x15

45 degree back ext ss w/ hip abd
2x15
3x25
*back ext were done with a red band draped around the base of my neck and the hip abduction was done with light weight to wake my glute medius up get some more hip flexor movement.

Leg ext ss w/ llc
55x3x20
25x3x10

Machine lateral raise
3x25

Like I had mentioned, this is all relatively easy with a bare minimum of stress. I go in to burn up some calories and to get a full body pump. This day is fun and keeps my PL training enjoyable.

Be easy
God bless!

Oh yeah, my cheat meal was a large papa johns thin crust with green peppers and mushrooms chased with a small red velvet cake

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D1

Body weight 153

Standard PC warm up w/ added abductor warm up

Squat x5
*same work as last week w/same RPE. Good thing is, oqeI didn’t digress?

Bench x5
*Minor increase on my top set and preceding sets

Block pull x3@8
345x3@8
*feelsgoodman.jpeg

That’s all she wrote. I squatted in a different rack because some dude wanted to 1/4 rep bench press for 10x10. Whatevz.

Wednesday will be REALLY easy because I’ve got to raise my intensity work .

Be easy guise
God bless!

Oh yeah, to help my satiety while I decrease some CHO consumption, I added 2.5c of mixed greens/cabbage with 4oz of chicken for my lunch and moved my mango 20min pre workout to “use up” the CHO. The salad also helps my micros so idc lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work was surprised how far your knees went forward with that squat. Almost like you were not pushing the hips back during the initiation of the squat, but could have just been the angle.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D2 -active recovery

Bw 152

Squat
165x2x5r

Lat pull down
Four sets of amrap

Db incline
75x2x5r

Cable pull through
70,80,90,100 x5-8r

Ab wheel
Four sets amraps

Easy peezy. But, I got a major headache right after squats... which made me hate being in the gym.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well at least it wasn't before the squats the blood pressure from them would have really sucked. I imagine that it was the pressure that caused it.

Hope it is gone now!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well at least it wasn't before the squats the blood pressure from them would have really sucked. I imagine that it was the pressure that caused it.

Hope it is gone now!
Well, lol it actually all went down hill. So, I got home and the headache subsided for 30-45min. Went to church and it came back, ten fold. Then, it progressed to nausea.

Long story short, I got a 48hr bug. Loose stools, vomiting, dizzy all accompanied by a debilitating headache. Wife wanted me to go to the ER because she was afraid I may have the flu and we have my three year old daughter that we wouldn’t want to get sick. So, i went.

That bug dehydrated me like crazy. They gave me a promethazine shot, which killed the nausea but also made me groggy. Pumped me with two bags of fluid and gave me two other meds and something to stop the migraine type headache.

Stayed home today, can’t shake the promethazine feeling. Heads heavy and my vision doesn’t feel right.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No good. Soak up that rest man. Hope you’re back on track soon!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No good. Soak up that rest man. Hope you’re back on track soon!
Yeah I’m not training today either. Hopefully I can get my intensity work in tomorrow if I’m functioning at 90%ish percent. Still nauseous and have the headache

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now you know what Lil Wayne feels like on the daily drinkin that promethazine

Focus on rehydration today. Pickles, beets, spinach, chicken stock, potatoes, bananas, anything salty, and lots of fluid.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now you know what Lil Wayne feels like on the daily drinkin that promethazine

Focus on rehydration today. Pickles, beets, spinach, chicken stock, potatoes, bananas, anything salty, and lots of fluid.
Yo that stuff is no joke lol I came home at 2am with a ravenous appetite. Made a huge mess in the kitchen and woke up butt naked lol wife said she didn’t undress me and I didn’t clean the mess up either

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yo that stuff is no joke lol I came home at 2am with a ravenous appetite. Made a huge mess in the kitchen and woke up butt naked lol wife said she didn’t undress me and I didn’t clean the mess up either
That’s too funny!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ugh... hope you are feeling better now, and promethazine... that stuff loops my wife out!!!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ugh... hope you are feeling better now, and promethazine... that stuff loops my wife out!!!
I still have an after effect lingering of the promethazine, I’m sure of it lol however I do feel a lot better, so much so I went ahead and trained

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D3

Standard PC warm up w/abductor work

Squat x3rm +1x1
310x3@9
320x1 @8.5
*im out here!!!!!!!

Bench
225x3 @8.5
240x1 @8

SLDL ~ beltless
175x3x5r

Like I mentioned earlier, I actually went ahead and trained. I turned a corner around 1pm so I figured why not. Really glad I did! This was a very productive session everything was firing on all cylinders (must’ve been those two IV bags )

Anyhow, tonight is cheat meal.

Be easy
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday was my standard catch a pump and enjoy the low stress day.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4D2 -AR-

Body weight 152

Squat ~ belt less, sleeve less
165x2x5r

Meadows rows
4 sets descending reps 12,10,8,7

Rope pull through
4 sets descending reps 10,9,8,7

Db low incline
60x8
70x7,6
80x5 @8

Ab wheel
4 sets of 8

Took it real easy today. Last night I helped my mother in-law stuff the ad sheets at our local newspaper building. 7,000 pieces and them dudes get heavy lol stacks of eight papers and picking them up and setting them down for 2.5hrs suhhhhcked. Also, I may have to train my intensity day tomorrow because I’ve got crap going on Friday after work.

Hope everyone has an great thanksgiving!

Be easy
God bless

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4D4

Body weight 153.6

10min brisk walk

Lat pull down ss- w/ rope ext

Decline bench ss-w/high cable curl

Leg ext ss-w/lying leg curl

45 degree back ext ss-w/ OHP
Green band - 15,12,12,10

Leg raises

Caught the pump

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Singles were looking on point, as were calves

Definitely could have doubled the squat like you said

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Singles were looking on point, as were calves

Definitely could have doubled the squat like you said
I *believe* with my top 3rm being around a @9 I get some PAP for my single, sometimes (even last weeks video) fees like I sandbagged it. But, I want progression and not to dig my self into the ground :(

Hope you had a great thanksgiving bro!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I *believe* with my top 3rm being around a @9 I get some PAP for my single, sometimes (even last weeks video) fees like I sandbagged it. But, I want progression and not to dig my self into the ground :(

Hope you had a great thanksgiving bro!
Sure did; on that pie-gainz train! And slow and steady wins the race. Errybody want it overnight, but it’s about long term progress and trusting the process.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W5D1

Squat
250x5 @9
245x5
240x5

Bench
210x5@9
205x5
200x5

Block pull - sumo/hook
365x3@8

Pulls felt FANTASTIC. Squats on the other hand didn’t. I still have that pinching/pain in my left hip flexor when squatting out of the hole and bench was fighting me today.. that or someone turned the gravity up in the gym.

Be easy
God bless

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If both felt off you could have just had a weaker day. Do you do any hip stretching prior to squatting? Like a split squat type stretch. Sometimes I really need to, but generally not.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I sometimes get that same pain. Oddly, a quick static stretch (8 secs) of the calves and a heeled shoe have mostly eliminated it for me. I guess my dorsal flexion is junk. Those shoes though....

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If both felt off you could have just had a weaker day. Do you do any hip stretching prior to squatting? Like a split squat type stretch. Sometimes I really need to, but generally not.
I’m so hesitant with static stretching or any stretching for that matter (particularly anything that stabilized my lumbar/pelvic floor) because of these stupid discs.
I sometimes get that same pain. Oddly, a quick static stretch (8 secs) of the calves and a heeled shoe have mostly eliminated it for me. I guess my dorsal flexion is junk. Those shoes though....
yeah, I pinch an tennis ball between my calf and hamstring and put my ankle through flexion/dorsi every morning.

I *use* to use Jordan’s hip flexor(s) stretch https://youtu.be/mHJNrXvXXtk this guys brilliant btw, IMO. His podcasts are pretty informative as well.

I’ll try stretching it some tonight before my AR session.

Thanks gents.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If I do anything that hits lower body my hammies get tight. This ends up tightening up my glutes/piriformis which in turn mess with my psoas on the front side of the hips. And all this hip mess ends up straining my lumbar when trying to reach depth if the hips are too tight, from the hammies. To say nothing of the IT bands yanking on things.

So a quick roll of the hams and ITB, then maybe a lacrosse ball around the glutes if I feel any spots, then a barbell rolled/mashed NEAR the groin and/or a lunge-position stretch will get me totally unlocked. THEN I find I can brace proper without effort. This should take about 5 min.

If my hams are super tight, standing on a lacrosse ball rolling my fascia for about 45 sec a side will increase hamstring ROM significantly as well.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
At least your not mashing the barbell directly on your groin...

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mashing the groin is a different lift all together nahmsayin.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W5D2

Body weight 154

-standard PC warm up, core activation and added abductor work.
-hip flexor stretch

Squat - belt less/sleeveless
165x2x5r

Wide grip lat pulldown
4 sets amrap w/progressive weight

Low incline db x5 @8
90x5@8 single top set

Leg raises for da core gainz

Man, I felt really good this afternoon minus the hip pinching. I’m going to try and pin the TFL and ITB down with a LAX ball and rumble roller and go through a ROM with my leg, I’ll also try and be more consistent with stretching that dude out before lifting. Friday I’m gunning for 335 for a single on squats, if I nail it.. whale I ain’t wearing no diaper and I made it with time to spare! Ayeeeee

Anyways
Be easy
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W5D3

Body weight 154

Standard pc warm up with added abductor

Squat x3@9 and 1x1
275x1
300x1
320x3 @9
335x1 @9
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1d5acvfpakugxb/335x1.MOV?dl=0

We made it squad! *i know the angle is garbo, my phone tipped the minute I walked away .. I’m going to attempt 340-345 next week probably so I’ll record that, If this doesn’t suffice.

Bench x3@9 and 1x1
205x3
230x3@9
250x1@9

Beltless SLDL 2x5r
190x2x5r
* was going to do another set but had to bounce. Wife and kiddo were waiting on me to go uptown to partake in some Christmas festivities and frankly they take precedence over everything so, that last set can suck it.

I’m beyond pumped, my squat is only 17lb off from my best attempt in my meet. My bench is 14lb off from my meet and well my deadlift I don’t want to talk about . So, this block has been very good to me! Let’s keep the momentum.

Be easy
God bless!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great brace, really locked it all in solid - I know your head isn’t there yet, but you need to start visualizing yourself defeating 365. It’s closer than you think.

Hope the fam is well!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great brace, really locked it all in solid - I know your head isn’t there yet, but you need to start visualizing yourself defeating 365. It’s closer than you think.

Hope the fam is well!
Thanks brodie. When I squat 365, I’ll be over the moon lol I’ll deload after week 6 and restart and maybe 365 will fall in the second quarter of 2019!

Fams good, has your woman (or you for that matter) started wedding preparations?