Tudca?

Gothat3rs

Gothat3rs

Awards
I'm just curious which brand of tudca you guys prefer? There's just alot of options out there and it's hard to make a decision, especially a important one when it could effect long term health.
I have been either leaning towards olympus labs or cel but I would love to hear what others think
Hope everyone is having a good morning.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
both of them are great options .. i like CEL for the price

$30 for 15G capped tudca
both are trusted brand .. what ever u find better deal go with it imo

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
CEL is all I use now. Reliable, consistent quality at fair prices.

Nutricost is definitely underdosed or bunk. Couldn’t believe my bloodwork difference between using them & CEL. CEL dropped my total bilirubin in half when I switched to it from Nutricost.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Competitive Edge Labs TUDCA is a great product and every batch is tested for purity and potency.

There are a lot of brands of TUDCA on the market that aren't what they claim to be - especially many of the brands that you see on Amazon.

Gothat3rs

Gothat3rs

Awards
Competitive Edge Labs TUDCA is a great product and every batch is tested for purity and potency.

There are a lot of brands of TUDCA on the market that aren't what they claim to be - especially many of the brands that you see on Amazon.
Amazon does sell the olympus labs brand and it says they actually get it from olympus labs so I was thinking about grabbing that one.
They sell cel also but it says they get it from a different company called lockout supplements

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Amazon does sell the olympus labs brand and it says they actually get it from olympus labs so I was thinking about grabbing that one.
They sell cel also but it says they get it from a different company called lockout supplements
CEL doesn't sell directly on Amazon; its simply sold by retailers on Amazon.

I can tell you that the price of OL TUDCA on Amazon right now - unless they are trying to clearance it out, it is impossible to sell legitimate TUDCA for that price on Amazon because that price minus Amazon fees would put a brand losing money on it if it were legitimate TUDCA. OL has stated themselves that Strong Supplement Shop is their exclusive US supplier and their TUDCA is 39.99 on the Strong Supplement Shop website.

Amazon in general has a lot of brands that exist solely on or mostly on Amazon and many of them have been tested and the results made public over and over showing that they don't meet label claims. There is also becoming a real problem of counterfeit supplements sold on Amazon.

I know that DPS sells CEL TUDCA for 29.99 per bottle at the moment.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

you cant beat this deal for trusted 15G of tudca capped

Gothat3rs

Gothat3rs

Awards
CEL doesn't sell directly on Amazon; its simply sold by retailers on Amazon.

I can tell you that the price of OL TUDCA on Amazon right now - unless they are trying to clearance it out, it is impossible to sell legitimate TUDCA for that price on Amazon because that price minus Amazon fees would put a brand losing money on it if it were legitimate TUDCA. OL has stated themselves that Strong Supplement Shop is their exclusive US supplier and their TUDCA is 39.99 on the Strong Supplement Shop website.

Amazon in general has a lot of brands that exist solely on or mostly on Amazon and many of them have been tested and the results made public over and over showing that they don't meet label claims. There is also becoming a real problem of counterfeit supplements sold on Amazon.

I know that DPS sells CEL TUDCA for 29.99 per bottle at the moment.
So you think the bottle of olympus labs tudca I just ordered off Amazon is fake lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So you think the bottle of olympus labs tudca I just ordered off Amazon is fake lol
In regard to your seemingly sarcastic tone there towards me - its your body and your health, and if you get something that isn't what its supposed to be - its going to be your health consequences, not mine. You asked a question, you got multiple answers from people trying to help you, including me; if you want to do something different, that's on you.

I think that when a brand says that their product is only available in the US thru Strong Supplement Shop or directly from their own website, that one should always be cautious when ordering it somewhere else.

I think that when one finds a price on anything in life that is too good to be true, they should probably be cautious.

So, I think that if you're going to buy a product from OL and want to make sure its legit, you should buy it directly from them or their exclusive reseller in the US if you want to make sure its legitimate.

The quality and counterfeiting issues on Amazon aren't a matter of what anyone thinks, they are a fact. NOW Foods has been testing a lot of products on Amazon and posting the results publicly - and many companies have publicly mentioned issues with sellers selling counterfeit products of theirs on Amazon.

Another fact is that TUDCA supplements have always been known to have a lot of quality issues with the raw materials - because legitimate TUDCA is so expensive. It's been a long running issue that brands would not meet label claims &/or raw material suppliers wouldn't meet label claims.

^^^ I was one of the first companies to ever sell TUDCA and I've tried to educate people on that subject for over 10 years now.

So being that I work in the raw material side of the industry, was one of the first to ever sell TUDCA as a supplement, and know the in's and out's of how a lot of raw material suppliers try to deceive companies about raw material quality and also how a lot of companies try to deceive consumers about it - I think I'm pretty well qualified to speak on the subject.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh, and since you act like you don't believe me for some reason about counterfeits on Amazon, even though Amazon has warned consumers about it themselves and is trying to address it themselves, here are some links about counterfeit supplement issues going on on Amazon:

It's nothing against Amazon - they are doing their part to try to address the issue. It's just a fact and a very real concern.

And in the case that you mentioned - you have a product being sold on there for an inexplicably low price - and that if you took the sales price minus the Amazon fees, the seller would be losing money by selling - which would indicate that as I addressed, they could either be trying to clearance it out on there and okay to lose money on it, or it could indicate that there may be something to be concerned about because I know the owner of OL personally, and he, like all of us are in business to make money.

Gothat3rs

Gothat3rs

Awards
Oh, and since you act like you don't believe me for some reason about counterfeits on Amazon, even though Amazon has warned consumers about it themselves and is trying to address it themselves, here are some links about counterfeit supplement issues going on on Amazon:

It's nothing against Amazon - they are doing their part to try to address the issue. It's just a fact and a very real concern.

And in the case that you mentioned - you have a product being sold on there for an inexplicably low price - and that if you took the sales price minus the Amazon fees, the seller would be losing money by selling - which would indicate that as I addressed, they could either be trying to clearance it out on there and okay to lose money on it, or it could indicate that there may be something to be concerned about because I know the owner of OL personally, and he, like all of us are in business to make money.
No no I think you misunderstood the reply I made to you, the lol part was me laughing at my self for already ordering. I defined appreciate your advice and take every bit of knowledge very important. Really I was thinking hoping I can cancel it and reorder from strongsupplements now. So ya don't think I don't appreciate your advice please because I do.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No no I think you misunderstood the reply I made to you, the lol part was me laughing at my self for already ordering. I defined appreciate your advice and take every bit of knowledge very important. Really I was thinking hoping I can cancel it and reorder from strongsupplements now. So ya don't think I don't appreciate your advice please because I do.
Thank you for clarifying. No hard feelings on my end - things come off the wrong way online. The way I took it was that you were questioning if what I was saying was true and taking it like I was trying to sell you on the CEL one.

I personally take the CEL one so that's the one I would suggest, as a lot of other people in this thread have also suggested - and some have mentioned in this thread and other places how much better their bloodwork results have been on CEL TUDCA versus some other brands.

But, if you choose to use OL's TUDCA, then yes, I would definitely buy it from Strong Supplement Shop. Olympus is a little different than many companies in that they have an exclusive US retailer, which is Strong Supplement Shop. In the case of CEL for example, there are probably a dozen websites you could go to to compare and make buying decisions. Like you mentioned Lockout was selling it on Amazon, but they are also an actual supplement website and have been for over 15 years - but there's also DPS, even Strong Supplement Shop also sells CEL TUDCA. But in Olympus case, they have an exclusive with Strong in the US - it's not me saying that, the owner himself has stated that here - so if I were going to buy something from them, I would buy it from Strong to make sure it was legit.

That is one good thing about Amazon is that you should be able to cancel the order if you just placed it; they are good about that.

Gothat3rs

Gothat3rs

Awards
Thank you for clarifying. No hard feelings on my end - things come off the wrong way online. The way I took it was that you were questioning if what I was saying was true and taking it like I was trying to sell you on the CEL one.

I personally take the CEL one so that's the one I would suggest, as a lot of other people in this thread have also suggested - and some have mentioned in this thread and other places how much better their bloodwork results have been on CEL TUDCA versus some other brands.

But, if you choose to use OL's TUDCA, then yes, I would definitely buy it from Strong Supplement Shop. Olympus is a little different than many companies in that they have an exclusive US retailer, which is Strong Supplement Shop. In the case of CEL for example, there are probably a dozen websites you could go to to compare and make buying decisions. Like you mentioned Lockout was selling it on Amazon, but they are also an actual supplement website and have been for over 15 years - but there's also DPS, even Strong Supplement Shop also sells CEL TUDCA. But in Olympus case, they have an exclusive with Strong in the US - it's not me saying that, the owner himself has stated that here - so if I were going to buy something from them, I would buy it from Strong to make sure it was legit.

That is one good thing about Amazon is that you should be able to cancel the order if you just placed it; they are good about that.
Yep just canceled, but what's your opinion maybe on like the whey protein powder from Amazon? I been running the animal isolate from there and it's a good price. Is it common for that to be counterfeited also ?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yep just canceled, but what's your opinion maybe on like the whey protein powder from Amazon? I been running the animal isolate from there and it's a good price. Is it common for that to be counterfeited also ?
I think the truth is that there are 2 very different and distinct issues going on on Amazon right now - product counterfeiting and brands that do not meet labels claims (many of which that don't bother to even try).

For the issue of counterfeiting - the truth is that no one, not even Amazon, knows how far that reaches right now.

You asked about protein in general - I do not use Animal Isolate but they are a brand I trust to meet label claims. If it were me and that's what I wanted to use, the first thing I would do would be to check somewhere like DPS that is known for low prices and see if there was much price difference between DPS and the Amazon price. If there was, that would make me a bit cautious because DPS is always known for the best pricing on most things and they buy direct from the manufacturers or verified distributors. So, if there was doubt, I would get it from DPS. If the prices seemed to be in the same ballpark, then you may be fine with Amazon.

For protein in general, I am skeptical of a lot of brands anyway because of how common it is for brands to not meet label claims, to use protein sources different than on the labels, amino spiking, etc.

For issues of brand quality relating to Amazon - my rule is that I do not buy any products from any brand that exists solely or almost exclusively on Amazon - because those are the brands that oftentimes are the ones that have been shown over and over to fail label claims.

Another thing I look at is the cost of competing products. There are always going to be ridiculously marked up products so I rule those out, but if a price looks too good to be true, it probably is. For example, some brands sell TUDCA on there at prices that the sale price minus Amazon fees would be less than it would cost to make it. Also, some of those brands are some of the same ones that have been shown to not meet label claims on other products. And let's be honest, if you're skimping and not meeting label claims on your basic vitamins, you're likely not buying premium raws and testing every batch.

As someone that has worked in this industry for a long time, I am extremely picky over what brands I will buy and use products from myself. 99.9% of people don't have that knowledge or access to that type of information - and that's why I try to speak out on and help people with subjects like that.

Gothat3rs

Gothat3rs

Awards
I think the truth is that there are 2 very different and distinct issues going on on Amazon right now - product counterfeiting and brands that do not meet labels claims (many of which that don't bother to even try).

For the issue of counterfeiting - the truth is that no one, not even Amazon, knows how far that reaches right now.

You asked about protein in general - I do not use Animal Isolate but they are a brand I trust to meet label claims. If it were me and that's what I wanted to use, the first thing I would do would be to check somewhere like DPS that is known for low prices and see if there was much price difference between DPS and the Amazon price. If there was, that would make me a bit cautious because DPS is always known for the best pricing on most things and they buy direct from the manufacturers or verified distributors. So, if there was doubt, I would get it from DPS. If the prices seemed to be in the same ballpark, then you may be fine with Amazon.

For protein in general, I am skeptical of a lot of brands anyway because of how common it is for brands to not meet label claims, to use protein sources different than on the labels, amino spiking, etc.

For issues of brand quality relating to Amazon - my rule is that I do not buy any products from any brand that exists solely or almost exclusively on Amazon - because those are the brands that oftentimes are the ones that have been shown over and over to fail label claims.

Another thing I look at is the cost of competing products. There are always going to be ridiculously marked up products so I rule those out, but if a price looks too good to be true, it probably is. For example, some brands sell TUDCA on there at prices that the sale price minus Amazon fees would be less than it would cost to make it. Also, some of those brands are some of the same ones that have been shown to not meet label claims on other products. And let's be honest, if you're skimping and not meeting label claims on your basic vitamins, you're likely not buying premium raws and testing every batch.

As someone that has worked in this industry for a long time, I am extremely picky over what brands I will buy and use products from myself. 99.9% of people don't have that knowledge or access to that type of information - and that's why I try to speak out on and help people with subjects like that.
Well i appreciate the info I just want the best but obviously I don't wanna go broke to ill look into dps. I know in Amazon it does say they get the animal whey from animal. But yes thanks for the help if I have anymore more questions hopefully you don't mind me Hitt ya up

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Animal is a brand I would generally trust, but I just wanted to throw out that you can always count on real food. Meat, eggs, milk can’t be amino-spiked. If you can eat ~150g protein from food daily, you will cover a lot of bases.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well i appreciate the info I just want the best but obviously I don't wanna go broke to ill look into dps. I know in Amazon it does say they get the animal whey from animal. But yes thanks for the help if I have anymore more questions hopefully you don't mind me Hitt ya up
As far as wanting the best, several people in the thread already answered you as to CEL TUDCA being their choice of TUDCA and some commented on how much better that their bloodwork was on it as compared to other brands. You can find it for 29.99 or less.

As for Universal, the makers of Animal, I trust the brand - but that doesn't mean I trust resellers on Amazon. There's another big brand in the sports community that is in a huge lawsuit with a reseller on Amazon right now that claimed to be the brand themselves selling the brands products and it wasn't.

I always want the best quality out of any supplements that I buy - that's why I don't trust a lot of brands and tend to stick to a few brands for myself for my own supplement needs. And for those, I am selective of where I buy them because I want to make sure I'm buying legit product.

You're welcome. You're welcome to ask me questions anytime and welcome to pm me.

Gothat3rs

Gothat3rs

Awards
Animal is a brand I would generally trust, but I just wanted to throw out that you can always count on real food. Meat, eggs, milk can’t be amino-spiked. If you can eat ~150g protein from food daily, you will cover a lot of bases.
Yep right now I am getting around 240 grams of protein a day and most all that comes from eggs beef and chicken only 2 shakes a day

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep right now I am getting around 240 grams of protein a day and most all that comes from eggs beef and chicken only 2 shakes a day
Same here. Although beef hasn't been sitting with me well recently so I mainly do eggs, chicken, and protein powder for my main protein sources.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
CEL is one of the most trusted names/brands in the industry, and Steve is right here to answer any questions!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
CEL is one of the most trusted names/brands in the industry, and Steve is right here to answer any questions!
Agreed! Very good support on the boards here from SNS/CEL.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll just add DPS ships fast too. Amazon likes to trap ppl with their prime shipping. If I order from DPS on Fri, I often get it next day or Monday. I don't pay for overnight. It's either priority or ups. They clearly have priority with the shippers. I love DPS.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'll just add DPS ships fast too. Amazon likes to trap ppl with their prime shipping. If I order from DPS on Fri, I often get it next day or Monday. I don't pay for overnight. It's either priority or ups. They clearly have priority with the shippers. I love DPS.

I try very hard to buy from the Brick & Mordor business, I have bought from Amazon but it is usually my last choice. I'm don't think I have ever bought a supplement from them.

Gothat3rs

Gothat3rs

Awards
I try very hard to buy from the Brick & Mordor business, I have bought from Amazon but it is usually my last choice. I'm don't think I have ever bought a supplement from them.
From here on out I'll will be getting from either strong or dps I believe.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From here on out I'll will be getting from either strong or dps I believe.
Both are great retailers. Strong is on the west coast and DPS is on the east coast.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Both are great retailers. Strong is on the west coast and DPS is on the east coast.
I have had Great Dealings with Both companies !!