Tudca on an empty stomach or with food?

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have done some quick research and still looking into this question having tried both on an empty stomach and in combination with different foods. Having blood work done in two weeks and really trying to get the best results. Currently on TRT between 130 and 150 mg a week. 150 mg is my sweet spot however I'm 7 weeks post op from a double hernia operation so I have not been training except for low intensity exercise. Taking 500 mg Tudca twice daily as higher dosing was causing me GI stress. What are you guys currently taking Tudca year round running and is there additional benefit if any on taking on an empty stomach or first thing in the morning?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
TUDCA is fine to take with food or on an empty stomach.

The only reason that one would want to specifically take it with food would be if taking it on an empty stomach were to bother their stomach.

The main thing with TUDCA is to be very careful of what brands that you buy from.

It is a very expensive raw material and there are some brands, especially Amazon brands that claim to sell it for prices that when you subtract Amazon fees, would actually be less than it would cost to make and test legitimate TUDCA products.

We were one of the first companies to offer TUDCA (under CEL) and quality of raw materials has always something that brands and consumers needed to be very, very careful about - and now days, under-dosing is even more of an issue with a lot of the Amazon type brands.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
TUDCA is fine to take with food or on an empty stomach.

The only reason that one would want to specifically take it with food would be if taking it on an empty stomach were to bother their stomach.

The main thing with TUDCA is to be very careful of what brands that you buy from.

It is a very expensive raw material and there are some brands, especially Amazon brands that claim to sell it for prices that when you subtract Amazon fees, would actually be less than it would cost to make and test legitimate TUDCA products.

We were one of the first companies to offer TUDCA (under CEL) and quality of raw materials has always something that brands and consumers needed to be very, very careful about - and now days, under-dosing is even more of an issue with a lot of the Amazon type brands.
Thanks brother. I have seen mixed results with different Amazon products containing Tudca. I'm currently taking Nutricost and it's one of the cheaper brands. I have blood work scheduled in about a week so hopefully my liver enzymes are decent. I have been taking different brands from Amazon on and off for the last few years trying to stay consistent as possible as I had double hernia surgery and wanted to keep my organs healthy as possible. I worked up to 1500 mg a day but was having stomach issues but now I'm thinking it was just the brand. Currently taking 500 mg first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and 500 mg in the afternoon. Should I work back up to 1500 mg?
I'm still unsure what blood panels are being done but lipids are being checked for sure and since I have been in recovery and due to lack of exercise I'm worried about my lipids as well. I know Tudca helps with lipids to a certain degree. Thanks again for your response

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks brother. I have seen mixed results with different Amazon products containing Tudca. I'm currently taking Nutricost and it's one of the cheaper brands. I have blood work scheduled in about a week so hopefully my liver enzymes are decent. I have been taking different brands from Amazon on and off for the last few years trying to stay consistent as possible as I had double hernia surgery and wanted to keep my organs healthy as possible. I worked up to 1500 mg a day but was having stomach issues but now I'm thinking it was just the brand. Currently taking 500 mg first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and 500 mg in the afternoon. Should I work back up to 1500 mg?
I'm still unsure what blood panels are being done but lipids are being checked for sure and since I have been in recovery and due to lack of exercise I'm worried about my lipids as well. I know Tudca helps with lipids to a certain degree. Thanks again for your response
You're welcome. I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

I can't give you any advice on products or brands that I wouldn't take myself to be honest with you (speaking on Amazon brands). As someone that works in the industry, I'm very very cautious of what brands of anything I'll use. There are some great brands that I use and trust, but not a single one of them is an Amazon only type of brand.

I personally use 500 mg. two to three times per day of CEL TUDCA. I try for 3 times per day, but I sometimes miss the middle of the day dose from just getting busy and forgetting. I've never had it bother my stomach and we've never had any feedback from anyone that I can remember with ours hurting their stomach - so I can only speak for ours in that I think that you would be fine with 1000 mg. or 1500 mg. per day.

Also with CEL's, you would really be getting the dosage that you are aiming for.

I see many things on there by brands that exist solely on there or almost solely on there that if you were to take the sale price and subtract Amazon fees, it would cost them more to actually make than what they sell it for.

We were one of the first brands to introduce a TUDCA product many, many years ago and TUDCA is a very expensive raw material and there are a lot of junk raw materials out there as well as a lot of raw materials that are mixed in that they may be for example 50% or 70% TUDCA and the remainder something else - so that brands can deceive or be deceived if they do the testing for presence, it will show up present, because it technically is, but if they do the more expensive testing for the percentage purity, then it wouldn't show up as anything close to pure.

I have seen the results for many of the brands on Amazon and also have paid to test some ourselves over the years, which for legal reasons we can't release them publicly. However, NOW Foods has tested some products by Amazon brands on different ingredients and released the results publicly and the results were terrible - and this is on much lesser expensive raw material items than TUDCA - so you can think on that for yourself in that if they'll BS and lie over cheap raws, of course they will over expensive ones.

CEL TUDCA on Amazon is 33.80 per bottle - its one of those things where if you go with another brand and 'save' 4.00 or 5.00, if you aren't getting actual pure TUDCA, did you really save money or did you just waste money to begin with? Plus, if saving a couple extra dollars is the most important aspect, DPS has it at 29.99 per bottle.

I hope that helps.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great information!

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You're welcome. I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

I can't give you any advice on products or brands that I wouldn't take myself to be honest with you (speaking on Amazon brands). As someone that works in the industry, I'm very very cautious of what brands of anything I'll use. There are some great brands that I use and trust, but not a single one of them is an Amazon only type of brand.

I personally use 500 mg. two to three times per day of CEL TUDCA. I try for 3 times per day, but I sometimes miss the middle of the day dose from just getting busy and forgetting. I've never had it bother my stomach and we've never had any feedback from anyone that I can remember with ours hurting their stomach - so I can only speak for ours in that I think that you would be fine with 1000 mg. or 1500 mg. per day.

Also with CEL's, you would really be getting the dosage that you are aiming for.

I see many things on there by brands that exist solely on there or almost solely on there that if you were to take the sale price and subtract Amazon fees, it would cost them more to actually make than what they sell it for.

We were one of the first brands to introduce a TUDCA product many, many years ago and TUDCA is a very expensive raw material and there are a lot of junk raw materials out there as well as a lot of raw materials that are mixed in that they may be for example 50% or 70% TUDCA and the remainder something else - so that brands can deceive or be deceived if they do the testing for presence, it will show up present, because it technically is, but if they do the more expensive testing for the percentage purity, then it wouldn't show up as anything close to pure.

I have seen the results for many of the brands on Amazon and also have paid to test some ourselves over the years, which for legal reasons we can't release them publicly. However, NOW Foods has tested some products by Amazon brands on different ingredients and released the results publicly and the results were terrible - and this is on much lesser expensive raw material items than TUDCA - so you can think on that for yourself in that if they'll BS and lie over cheap raws, of course they will over expensive ones.

CEL TUDCA on Amazon is 33.80 per bottle - its one of those things where if you go with another brand and 'save' 4.00 or 5.00, if you aren't getting actual pure TUDCA, did you really save money or did you just waste money to begin with? Plus, if saving a couple extra dollars is the most important aspect, DPS has it at 29.99 per bottle.

I hope that helps.
Yes sir will definitely be switching to CEL

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes sir will definitely be switching to CEL
I think you'll be very pleased with CEL TUDCA.

I think that stomach wise, you would be fine taking 2 caps 3x per day if you want to; but that is high dosing, so I'm not sure if you would need to. That would just depend on if your liver enzymes were elevated, if you have fatty liver, or if you have lifestyle factors or past history that made you feel that you needed to dose it that highly.

For me, I have an autoimmune condition and also after my accident last year, I really let myself go and gained a lot of fat and it caused some issues with fatty liver and elevated enzymes. Back in February I started trying to lose fat and get my health better and that's why I'm dosing 2 caps 3x per day myself.

Something else to consider is if using TUDCA for overall liver health and support, you may want to use (and may save some money overall) by using it at 1000 mg. per day rather than 1500 mg. per day and adding in Liver Assist XT and/or L-Ornithine L-Aspartate Caps.

Liver Assist XT contains Silymarin, NAC, Artichoke, and Curcumin.

And we offer L-Ornithine L-Aspartate in capsule and powder form and it is great for liver support - very underrated ingredient.

I hope that all of this information helps.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Finally getting lab results back here in a few days and they are running panels for kidney and liver function, lipids, and A1C levels

I bumped tudca back up to 1500 mg for a couple of days but then had to lower it again due to GI stress however I am still switching to CEL and have my doubts about this Amazon brand and several others that I have been using

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Finally getting lab results back here in a few days and they are running panels for kidney and liver function, lipids, and A1C levels

I bumped tudca back up to 1500 mg for a couple of days but then had to lower it again due to GI stress however I am still switching to CEL and have my doubts about this Amazon brand and several others that I have been using
I hope everything turns out well on your labs for you.

I think that you'll be very pleased with the CEL TUDCA. We just had a shipment come back in stock last week so we have it in stock and retailers have been restocked, and I had also created some multi-pack discounts as well.

Lateryst

Awards
Tudca routine is key, right? Personally, I've found taking it with a light breakfast works wonders – it eases any potential GI stress. So I have a first meal at breakfast places near me. Still, we're all different. I hope your blood work turns out stellar! What's your Tudca wisdom, folks? Let's trade tips!

Last edited: