Tudca and alcohol timing

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So I've been drinking a bit more and occasionally eating a decent amount kratom and thought I'd get back on tudca for general health. Curious how long you all feel is decent a time to last dose tudca before drinking.

The why, if it's unknown

Only can find udca but half life of 3.5 to 5.8 estimated

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The correct answer is to stop drinking and always take tudca. There's nothing wrong with going out for a few drinks on a Friday night or something like that. But if your drinking multiple days per week then your wasting your money on a tudca supplement.

It's like looking for the best protein powder when your diet is a bowl of cereal for breakfast, skipping out on food all day and eating whatever for dinner. A protein shake is the last thing to worry about.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Harm reduction is wasting money? Can't say I agree. I drink Friday/sat. Plan to dose Sun-tues unless there's more info on the possibility of exacerbated damage from a tudca preload. udca has a long half life I'm just assuming tudca does too

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Harm reduction is wasting money? Can't say I agree. I drink Friday/sat. Plan to dose Sun-tues unless there's more info on the possibility of exacerbated damage from a tudca preload. udca has a long half life I'm just assuming tudca does too
He gave you the Best harm reduction answer for this scenario.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I gave you a harm reduction answer, 1 night of heavy drinking can have lasting effects on your liver and hormones for up to 2 weeks, so taking tudca for a few days and then drinking again isint really harm reduction.

Now I'm talking about if your drinking to get drunk. If you went out for 3-4 drinks I doubt you will be under stress for a extended period of time. If you have 10, and do it 2 nights in a row, probably going to effect you all week.

I'm not pointing a finger or trying to talk down. I drank upwards of 20 drinks almost daily for a few years at one point. I just know that worrying about a liver supplement while drinking multiple times a week is pissing in the wind

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I went from nearly none to some on a Fri or Sat out since i have more time off. If there's some substance abuse here, i wish the best.. I'm just ordering the yearly supps and deciding what i want this run. I'll give myself the 2 day grace just in case and call it a day.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I went from nearly none to some on a Fri or Sat out since i have more time off. If there's some substance abuse here, i wish the best.. I'm just ordering the yearly supps and deciding what i want this run. I'll give myself the 2 day grace just in case and call it a day.
All things considering, I think you just don't want them at the same time, so... If I had to guess, if it gives a piece of mind take it Monday through Thursday if your drinking Friday and Saturday. Then you got 24 hours before and after drinking so no overlap? I'm just guessing here

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Are you worried about yourself for substance abuse or me lol, I'm good and I'm not judging. The real reason I quit drinking was to get back in shape and to stop being neglectful of important things. If I could have done those while still partying, I'd still be partying lol

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
All things considering, I think you just don't want them at the same time, so... If I had to guess, if it gives a piece of mind take it Monday through Thursday if your drinking Friday and Saturday. Then you got 24 hours before and after drinking so no overlap? I'm just guessing here
Yeah I mean it's all just guesses since I couldn't find more info from last I looked into it... was hoping someone here had a silver bullet.

The main take away is tudca before drinking can cause more damage, after drinking it helps. To what degree or 1 vs 5 vs 20 drinks is linear progression I have no idea. The biggest problem is the half life if you stop of Monday and if it has a half life of 3.5 to 5.8 days like udca.. much is still active days later so is it just like dosing it an hour before which is not advised?

I'll just order less and save money. I'm probably just overthinking the crap either way.

Last edited:
EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Are you worried about yourself for substance abuse or me lol, I'm good and I'm not judging. The real reason I quit drinking was to get back in shape and to stop being neglectful of important things. If I could have done those while still partying, I'd still be partying lol
Was just trying to avoid it becoming about abstinence.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Was just trying to avoid it becoming about abstinence.
It was never about abstinence, it was about providing the best answer to the situation. Sometimes the best answer is not the answer you want. Like I originally said, there's nothing wrong with going out for a few drinks on a Friday night or whatever.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
when it comes to supplements that can improve liver function, the only interference they usually cause is rapidly becoming sober

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oh and yes, definitely overthinking it, the liver is resilient. Unless your on oral steroids and drinking every weekend your fine. I'm sure there are plenty of ppl on orals partying there asses off and not dieing from liver failure

pannagila

Awards
I gave you a harm reduction answer, 1 night of heavy drinking can have lasting effects on your liver and hormones for up to 2 weeks, so taking tudca for a few days and then drinking again isint really harm reduction.

Now I'm talking about if your drinking to get drunk. If you went out for 3-4 drinks I doubt you will be under stress for a extended period of time. If you have 10, and do it 2 nights in a row, probably going to effect you all week.

I'm not pointing a finger or trying to talk down. I drank upwards of 20 drinks almost daily for a few years at one point. I just know that worrying about a liver supplement while drinking multiple times a week is pissing in the wind
Previously, he could not live without him, probably like many. In general, I am against alcohol. I read something about alcohol addiction, used https://paperap.com/free-papers/alcohol-addiction/ for this. After that, I completely interrupted the desire to use, I myself do not understand how this happened. I kind of got hypnotized.
Say smart things, it's nice to listen to you.

Last edited:
Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
The correct answer is to stop drinking and always take tudca.
This is not what he is asking at all.

This thread is pretty useless, does no one have a good idea of Tudca's half life? 5.8 days seems absurdly long and maybe dubious

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is not what he is asking at all.

This thread is pretty useless, does no one have a good idea of Tudca's half life? 5.8 days seems absurdly long and maybe dubious
Your 2 years too late.

3-6 days.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's anecdotal but I can tell you that I've taken TUDCA on days that I have drank and I didn't see any difference or interference in my blood work. Keep in mind, my drinking days consist of a maximum of 2 drinks.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Very old question but this is the problem I was trying to work around before.

Most critically, these benefits were seen with co-incubation or adminstration of them both at the same time.[66][65] When pre-loaded before ethanolic insult, they have been shown to exacerbate damage to liver cells.[65] These effects may be secondary to alterations in the lipid membrane of cells with TUDCA/UDCA exposure.[67]

So basically tudca before isn't ideal, it has a long halflife. So if you drink it may not be an ideal supplement for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shiznitzz Supplements 6
Gothat3rs Supplements 26
ugsavage Nutrition / Health 13
TESTP89 Nutrition / Health 7
ELROCK Anabolics 32