sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
really hope L-BAIBA is in the works!
L-Baiba made its comeback a while ago though. Alpha Lion has been carrying it for months now
I think he meant that he hopes we launch a product with it soon. We've been asked a lot to and been hinting about it for the last few weeks. I'll go ahead and confirm that we will be launching one or more products with it included within the next 2 months.

Irishobrien

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think he meant that he hopes we launch a product with it soon. We've been asked a lot to and been hinting about it for the last few weeks. I'll go ahead and confirm that we will be launching one or more products with it included within the next 2 months.
Awesome. I’ve been using BAIBA for months now and it works remarkably well. I’ll definitely be buying it from you.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome. I’ve been using BAIBA for months now and it works remarkably well. I’ll definitely be buying it from you.
Thank you. I really appreciate that. If all goes well, we should have it out within the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Lemon1992

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Regarding TTA, I just wanted to point out that there are other compounds in the same family such as 3-Thia-OTA, 3-thia-HPA and dodecylthioacetic acid (DTA). I wonder what their effects would be pharmacologically speaking. These are obscure fatty acids though, they have barely been researched, but considering that they are in the same family as TTA, I’m guessing they must somewhat have similar effects.

DTA, TTA, 3-Thia-OTA and 3-thia-HPA are 3-thia fatty acids.

• 3-thia fatty acids are chemically modified fatty acids with a sulfur atom incorporated in position 3 of a fatty acids. The chemical properties of 3-thia fatty acids are similar to normal fatty acids of similar length, but the metabolism and metabolic effects differ markedly from these other fatty acids. Because the 3-thia fatty acids are blocked for b-oxidation they are more metabolic stable than similar natural fatty acids. 3-Thia fatty acids such as tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA), promote hepatic proliferation of mitochondria and peroxisomes and decrease serum triacylglycerol, cholesterol, and free fatty acid levels in animal models. It is also reported that TTA has antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties.

The 3-thia polyunsaturated fatty acid, methyl 3-thiaoctadeca-6,9,12,15-tetraenoate, show similar lipid lowering effects as TTA in rats.

There seems to be a lack of interest for 3-thia fatty acids in the North American science community and supplement industry, but these compounds are pretty interesting. I’m glad that in Asia there is a bit more fascination and some scientists are looking at them, but again research is very scarce 😞 . I could only find two labs that seem to actively be looking at and producing/manufacturing these compounds (mainly for research purposes it seems)...
Biozep: Their site provides no info about the purity of their TTA, but it says that they have it in stock

EOS Pharmaceutical: According to their site, their TTA is 98.8% purity.
https://eosmedchem.blogspot.com/2019/05/eos-med-chem-stock-custom-synthesis_4143.html

I’m intrigue about EOS Med Chem

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Regarding TTA, I just wanted to point out that there are other compounds in the same family such as 3-Thia-OTA, 3-thia-HPA and dodecylthioacetic acid (DTA). I wonder what their effects would be pharmacologically speaking. These are obscure fatty acids though, they have barely been researched, but considering that they are in the same family as TTA, I’m guessing they must somewhat have similar effects.

DTA, TTA, 3-Thia-OTA and 3-thia-HPA are 3-thia fatty acids.

• 3-thia fatty acids are chemically modified fatty acids with a sulfur atom incorporated in position 3 of a fatty acids. The chemical properties of 3-thia fatty acids are similar to normal fatty acids of similar length, but the metabolism and metabolic effects differ markedly from these other fatty acids. Because the 3-thia fatty acids are blocked for b-oxidation they are more metabolic stable than similar natural fatty acids. 3-Thia fatty acids such as tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA), promote hepatic proliferation of mitochondria and peroxisomes and decrease serum triacylglycerol, cholesterol, and free fatty acid levels in animal models. It is also reported that TTA has antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties.

The 3-thia polyunsaturated fatty acid, methyl 3-thiaoctadeca-6,9,12,15-tetraenoate, show similar lipid lowering effects as TTA in rats.

View attachment 203187
There seems to be a lack of interest for 3-thia fatty acids in the North American science community and supplement industry, but these compounds are pretty interesting. I’m glad that in Asia there is a bit more fascination and some scientists are looking at them, but again research is very scarce 😞 . I could only find two labs that seem to actively be looking at and producing/manufacturing these compounds (mainly for research purposes it seems)...
Biozep: Their site provides no info about the purity of their TTA, but it says that they have it in stock

EOS Pharmaceutical: According to their site, their TTA is 98.8% purity.
https://eosmedchem.blogspot.com/2019/05/eos-med-chem-stock-custom-synthesis_4143.html

I’m intrigue about EOS Med Chem
Very interesting.

I think one of the reasons that you see lack of interest in these from what I've been told is the lack of demand from a commercial standpoint and because I've been told by more that one factory that the manufacturing process for TTA is not environmentally friendly and the Chinese government has really been coming down on them because of that. So likely from their perspective, they're probably thinking why do it if it can't or won't be produced commercially anyway.

Lemon1992

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting.

I think one of the reasons that you see lack of interest in these from what I've been told is the lack of demand from a commercial standpoint and because I've been told by more that one factory that the manufacturing process for TTA is not environmentally friendly and the Chinese government has really been coming down on them because of that. So likely from their perspective, they're probably thinking why do it if it can't or won't be produced commercially anyway.
TTA had so much potential not only pharmaceutically, but also ergogenically speaking. I’ll never get over the fact that it faded into obscurity. It baffles me seriously, especially considering it was proven to have some good properties.

Having said that, I don’t mean to get political here, but if we’re going to argue that manufacturing TTA produces too much pollution and destroys the environment, might as well reconsider the manufacturing of hormonal birth controls for a second…

The environmental effects of birth control are severe: a single drop of hormonal birth control steroids pollutes 220000 gallons of water enough to cause significant health problems in fish. This is equivalent to three drops in a standard Olympic-sized swimming pool of 660,000 gallons or 88,000 cubic feet of water. A single thimbleful would have major impacts on fish living in a lake 300 yards in diameter. Moreover, the main ingredient, synthetic estrogen, can contaminate our natural waterways, altering fish reproductive systems and damaging ecosystem dynamics. (Clowes, 2018).

Note to any women reading this post, it’s nothing personal, but I’m just saying…

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
TTA had so much potential not only pharmaceutically, but also ergogenically speaking. I’ll never get over the fact that it faded into obscurity. It baffles me seriously, especially considering it was proven to have some good properties.

Having said that, I don’t mean to get political here, but if we’re going to argue that manufacturing TTA produces too much pollution and destroys the environment, might as well reconsider the manufacturing of hormonal birth controls for a second…

The environmental effects of birth control are severe: a single drop of hormonal birth control steroids pollutes 220000 gallons of water enough to cause significant health problems in fish. This is equivalent to three drops in a standard Olympic-sized swimming pool of 660,000 gallons or 88,000 cubic feet of water. A single thimbleful would have major impacts on fish living in a lake 300 yards in diameter. Moreover, the main ingredient, synthetic estrogen, can contaminate our natural waterways, altering fish reproductive systems and damaging ecosystem dynamics. (Clowes, 2018).

Note to any women reading this post, it’s nothing personal, but I’m just saying…
I want to be clear to everyone - what I posted about the environmental impact had nothing to do with my personal opinion. It was just one of the reasons told to my by one place that stopped manufacturing it and the same reason was given by another place that won't manufacture it. I think what they're saying is the potential trouble they could get in or the environmental costs associated it were not worth it because of the lack of demand. China really cracked down on them for this when they were bidding on the Olympics; there was a lot of international pressure for China to address environmental concerns.

Keep in mind when they say lack of demand, it doesn't mean it wasn't popular. But they told me to make it worth it to them, they had to have the demand to make it in metric ton quantities and the demand is definitely nowhere near that.

I really wish that they would manufacture the raw materials again, but I do understand it from their perspective. It sucks, but I get where they're coming from. I continue to follow up at least once a quarter and the factories that have made it in the past all know to contact me if they do make it again.

Lemon1992

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If TTA would be to come back (I know the chances are slim), I would definitely recommend to cycle it. As I was doing some more diggings on 3-thia fatty acids, here what I found about TTA:
  • The sulfur-substituted fatty acid analog tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA) is a pan–PPAR activator that reduces plasma lipids and enhances hepatic fatty acid oxidation in rodents. In rats, TTA causes a significant reduction in plasma triacylglycerol accompanied by increased mitochondrial and peroxisomal β-oxidation in the liver. TTA might exert beneficial effects by increasing complete fatty acid oxidation and TAG formation, thereby improving overall energy metabolism and fatty acid handling in T2DM skeletal muscle [95]. However, the development of TTA has been discontinued due to deleterious effects on the heart, including reduced cardiac efficiency, impaired mitochondrial respiratory capacity and reduced functional recovery following ischemia-reperfusion.
TTA was an amazing supplement, but it's definitely not meant for long terms use.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If TTA would be to come back (I know the chances are slim), I would definitely recommend to cycle it. As I was doing some more diggings on 3-thia fatty acids, here what I found about TTA:
  • The sulfur-substituted fatty acid analog tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA) is a pan–PPAR activator that reduces plasma lipids and enhances hepatic fatty acid oxidation in rodents. In rats, TTA causes a significant reduction in plasma triacylglycerol accompanied by increased mitochondrial and peroxisomal β-oxidation in the liver. TTA might exert beneficial effects by increasing complete fatty acid oxidation and TAG formation, thereby improving overall energy metabolism and fatty acid handling in T2DM skeletal muscle [95]. However, the development of TTA has been discontinued due to deleterious effects on the heart, including reduced cardiac efficiency, impaired mitochondrial respiratory capacity and reduced functional recovery following ischemia-reperfusion.
TTA was an amazing supplement, but it's definitely not meant for long terms use.
I remember some of the old school science guys discussing that many years ago and they all seemed of the opinion that for it to have any potential issues, the dosage would have to be pretty high as compared to normal and that it likely would only be an issue in someone that had a preexisting condition. I honestly don't remember the details of their debate bc its been so long - I'm talking back in the old days when Melting Point by DS, Scivation, etc.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember some of the old school science guys discussing that many years ago and they all seemed of the opinion that for it to have any potential issues, the dosage would have to be pretty high as compared to normal and that it likely would only be an issue in someone that had a preexisting condition. I honestly don't remember the details of their debate bc its been so long - I'm talking back in the old days when Melting Point by DS, Scivation, etc.
DS Melting point, damn forgot all about that. The good ol days

Lemon1992

Awards
  • First Up Vote
@sns8778 what's your thoughts on this company (Cunningham Clinic Store) selling TTA for $70?

The only decent reviews I could find about them are from their Facebook page...

The manufacturer they use is "BioTE, Tailor Made". Their website seems pretty legit. The only downside with their TTA caps is that they are only 200 mg each, that kinda sucks, but at this point I'm so desperate for some TTA that I really wouldn't mind.

There is also this European company that has TTA in blend in their stimulant free thermogenic. The blend looks good to me. The only downside with them is that you have to take 6 capsules...

L-Carnitine: 1500mg
Tetradecylthioacetic Acid (TTA): 1000mg
Green Tea (Caffeine Free): 500mg
Vitamin B5: 190mg
Vitamin B12: 600mcg
Biotin: 400mcg
BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract: 5mg
Chromium Picolinate: 1mg

Attachments

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 what's your thoughts on this company (Cunningham Clinic Store) selling TTA for $70?

The only decent reviews I could find about them are from their Facebook page...

The manufacturer they use is "BioTE, Tailor Made". Their website seems pretty legit. The only downside with their TTA caps is that they are only 200 mg each, that kinda sucks, but at this point I'm so desperate for some TTA that I really wouldn't mind.

There is also this European company that has TTA in blend in their stimulant free thermogenic. The blend looks good to me. The only downside with them is that you have to take 6 capsules...

L-Carnitine: 1500mg
Tetradecylthioacetic Acid (TTA): 1000mg
Green Tea (Caffeine Free): 500mg
Vitamin B5: 190mg
Vitamin B12: 600mcg
Biotin: 400mcg
BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract: 5mg
Chromium Picolinate: 1mg
Ah man, I hate saying anything negative about anyone but no way I'd buy that. Tailor Made has been in quite a bit of trouble recently. Normally I don't post links to stuff like this but you kind of put me on the spot.

So to me, its not that they did whatever they did with ph's and SARM's that worries me. It's that they did this and then now claim to have a particular ingredient that no one else has. I definitely would avoid.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is tailor made health the same as TMC?
I've always seen it referred to as Tailor Made Compounding transitioning to Tailor Made Health.

Tailor Made Compounding LLC. 200 Moore Drive Nicholasville, KY 40356
Tailor Made Health 213 Normandy Court, Suite A, Nicholasville KY 40356

I don't like posting or discussing anyone's issues where they've had FDA situations.
I don't care nor judge them at all over the SARM situation; but when someone comes right out of that and then claims to have a raw material that is not available on a commercial scale, that's what worries me.

I know the availability, I know how hard it is to make on a commercial scale. It can be made in small quantities in a lab setting but the price is insane.

I also want to point out that there is no guarantee that the Cunningham Clinic Place is really using Tailor Made to make their product, correct? That's just what they're telling people?