TRT

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I am due to go back to the doctors on my 51st birthday (13 June) as I now seem to have zero libido, rarely get morning glories, constant feeling of tiredness (fall asleep at work during lunch) and my moods are getting worse. I went to the doctors in November 2014 (with similar issues that I had been having over a couple of years but it is now worse than ever) and my T levels were 9.5nmol/L (~280ng/dl) but my doctor said that in the UK the normal range is between 6.1 and 2.1nmol/L (180 – 800ng/dl) and that was all the discussion they were prepared to have.

The question I am asking is what should I be asking them to test for as surely just my T level is not really enough to be working off.

Also when it comes to the blood test should I refrain from training that morning to prevent a boost to my levels or doesn’t it make any difference.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I had my bloods done and was briefly advise by the doctors receptionist that my Testosterone level was 12.5 n/mol = 361 ng/ml which is obviously an increase from 9.5 / 274 and I am due to see doctor next week to discuss all the other results that are also in the normal range apart from one kidney result that is borderline that I have assumed is creatinine as that has been both high and borderline previously. The other results will be for the following

LH (luteinizing hormone) -
FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) -
TFT (thyroid function test) -
SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin ) -
LFT (liver function test) -
Lipids -
U&E (urea and electrolytes) -
FBC (full blood count)-
Glucose -

Anything else I should ask to be tested for?