manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I have not checked my DHT levels yet, but I am very fortunate to have very low SHBG.

Proviron/DHT is primarily used to lower SHBG right

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have not checked my DHT levels yet, but I am very fortunate to have very low SHBG.

Proviron/DHT is primarily used to lower SHBG right
Gives you a boost in libido and alpha feeling, also more positive outlook and "i got this" attitude.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gives you a boost in libido and alpha feeling, also more positive outlook and "i got this" attitude.
It’s much more enjoyable than I anticipated.
I’d like to run it most the year if I could.
Definitely dries you out, keeps gyno at bay, energy and libido boost, and really enhances the gear you’re on with the SHBG lowering.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s much more enjoyable than I anticipated.
I’d like to run it most the year if I could.
Definitely dries you out, keeps gyno at bay, energy and libido boost, and really enhances the gear you’re on with the SHBG lowering.
I feel it more than masteron.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Same. I’d really like to see how it goes with something like Dienolone and Mast pre contest as an alternative to Tren.
Great thing about that is you could easily add Anavar on top for 4 drugs that should melt fat off and maintain a lot of muscle.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dienolone instead of tren? Why not just lower the dose of tren?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I need to get me some proviron...

How long can you run it alongside TRT? Safely

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I never get notified of tags.
Sorry.
I only ran it at 45 that 1st run with it. Receptors were prime though. I responded really well to it.
I did an odd combo of M-LMG and Epi 3 years later and responded really well again, pushed to 60 on that run but it does well 40-50
Lmg is one of my fav orals bc you can push the dosage and not worry about the liver too much since its non methyl. Also pairs great w hardeners like proviron, hdrol, and my personal fav furaza. Test + lmg + furaza is one of my fav cycles. That or tes & dmz

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This exactly. I was always trying to augment my trt with some kind of DHT usually anavar because masteron gave me sore joints and then a buddy of mine threw me some proviron and Not only was it the best DHT I had tried and the really probably the only one I hadn't tried and now I absolutely love it and believe that it should 100% be available for addition to trt medically because I think there are plenty of men out there who are being treated for depression that could take 5mg of proviron and be happy as hell. Also it isn't that bad on lipids for me and only gave slight elevation to liver enzymes after staying on it for 2 months straight even when I was being lazy and laying around the house and not pushing enough water at dosages of 25 to 50 a day. It made sex so much better and definitely gives that I got it attitude as stated previously. Similar to The Confidence you get with d ball just without the euphoric element to it.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I need to get me some proviron...

How long can you run it alongside TRT? Safely
All depends on dosage and how much water you drink and your body. If you keep it to 12.5-25 i wouod say a while if you eat alot* of healthy fats. Just make sure youre pushing water and healthy fats and a lower dose i would think should be fine for several months. Then again some can only run 25 for 30 days and some run 75 for 90 or more so who the hell knows.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
All depends on dosage and how much water you drink and your body. If you keep it to 12.5-25 i wouod say a while if you eat alot* of healthy fats. Just make sure youre pushing water and healthy fats and a lower dose i would think should be fine for several months. Then again some can only run 25 for 30 days and some run 75 for 90 or more so who the hell knows.
Awesome. Thank you.

Would the addition of Proviron do anything weird to my TRT bloodwork? Cause the doc to start asking questions...?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome. Thank you.

Would the addition of Proviron do anything weird to my TRT bloodwork? Cause the doc to start asking questions...?
Just my opinion, but if you are planning to add stuff on top of your trt, i would stick to a predefined cycle instead of running something continuously, and i would keep it to 12 weeks per year max (before an event, competition, beach season etc).

Problems can compound on top of each other year after year.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Just my opinion, but if you are planning to add stuff on top of your trt, i would stick to a predefined cycle instead of running something continuously, and i would keep it to 12 weeks per year max (before an event, competition, beach season etc).

Yeah, I hear you.

I have a good thing going with my primary doc...so I dont want to mess that up.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I would agree with this. It shines when running something like Trest that needs some DHT to dry it up. On a blast, it will certainly allow you to run lower doses and get more out of it than you normally would.
It will make your cholesterol look awful if you’re getting labs done by your Doc. It works quick too, so if you’re going to do a npp blast or something, it’ll get you what you need in 8 weeks easy.. , I’m definitely adding it to things like that, because I’ve been using gear so long, sometimes I see very little from high doses. I don’t know if it’s some mythical receptor saturation, or elevated SHBG, or just desensitization. But proviron really has shown me, that I don’t need to keep raising my doses. Plus the anti estro effects.

It’s an Add-On basically. No need to run year round or anything, it wouldn’t do enough.
Pre contests, beach season, or blasts to use less drugs.

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
I would agree with this. It shines when running something like Trest that needs some DHT to dry it up. On a blast, it will certainly allow you to run lower doses and get more out of it than you normally would.
It will make your cholesterol look awful if you’re getting labs done by your Doc. It works quick too, so if you’re going to do a npp blast or something, it’ll get you what you need in 8 weeks easy.. , I’m definitely adding it to things like that, because I’ve been using gear so long, sometimes I see very little from high doses. I don’t know if it’s some mythical receptor saturation, or elevated SHBG, or just desensitization. But proviron really has shown me, that I don’t need to keep raising my doses. Plus the anti estro effects.

It’s an Add-On basically. No need to run year round or anything, it wouldn’t do enough.
Pre contests, beach season, or blasts to use less drugs.
It’s because of the release of myostastin that occurs in the body when on cycle.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Would never run any oral year round, esp not proviron. 25mg max for run of 8wks, or 12.5 for 12 is what i know my liver can take before my enzymes are off the charts. Everyone is different. My doc just told me to "not drink so much" last bloodwork and I had been taking 25mg for about 3-4mo. So it couldnt have been that bad. But with that known i did run a heavy whole body detox and liver happy program. Just realize like stated earlier that in the end we cant see cardio problems for the most part and so much is considered "normal" but may not be for you so just run your trt and maybe some thyroid hormone and diet like crazy (like play with it until you find the best for you) and max yourself out before going onto things like proviron. Although i will say proviron is a great thing if used correctly.
Also, if its straight dht you're wantong there is such a thing out there if you know where to look. In a cream.
Be safe, *take your time* and best of luck.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Would never run any oral year round, esp not proviron. 25mg max for run of 8wks, or 12.5 for 12 is what i know my liver can take before my enzymes are off the charts. Everyone is different. My doc just told me to "not drink so much" last bloodwork and I had been taking 25mg for about 3-4mo. So it couldnt have been that bad. But with that known i did run a heavy whole body detox and liver happy program. Just realize like stated earlier that in the end we cant see cardio problems for the most part and so much is considered "normal" but may not be for you so just run your trt and maybe some thyroid hormone and diet like crazy (like play with it until you find the best for you) and max yourself out before going onto things like proviron. Although i will say proviron is a great thing if used correctly.
Also, if its straight dht you're wantong there is such a thing out there if you know where to look. In a cream.
Be safe, *take your time* and best of luck.
Excellent. Thank you for the insight

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Do I need to be fasted for Testosterone bloodwork if I'm on TRT?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Primary care doc wants to check my levels today, and as well as Hemoglobin...

I cant remember if I was fasted or not last bloodwork, or if it even matters if I'm on TRT

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No need to fast.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nah but if you’re testing cortisol and I think estrogen levels then you should be fasting

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Thanks guys.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
So I got by CBC blood results back..excuse my ignorance, but which numbers do I need to be concerned with (hemotacrit) which one is it?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Everything is in range, but just curious

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Scratch the above question. Did a little more research (like I should have in the beginning and figured it out).

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
While on TRT, is it possible to "burn through" for lack of better words the exogenous testosterone...?

I've noticed inconsistent bloodwork along the way during my TRT protocol. Both blood samples were obtained in the trough.

Can things like alcohol or drug use lower TRT levels of testosterone, or should the number remain the same???

Hopefully this makes some sort of sense....

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Fasted-no
But it should be done between 7-10am. 6am would be best but most Drs office/ labs arent open then.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
While on TRT, is it possible to "burn through" for lack of better words the exogenous testosterone...?

I've noticed inconsistent bloodwork along the way during my TRT protocol. Both blood samples were obtained in the trough.

Can things like alcohol or drug use lower TRT levels of testosterone, or should the number remain the same???

Hopefully this makes some sort of sense....
Need to look at hematocrit and hemoglobin or "h&h". If hematocrit is above 15 they will often "drain you" or ypu can just go to tractor supply and grab a 30 or 50ml syringe and unload some. Honestly 50ml is often enough. 150 is plenty (3 of them). Just have a friend around along w some cookies.

And some people metabolize test esters faster than others. I am for instance a "hyper excreter" which means i need 100mg/.5ml or cyp twice a week to keep ly levels steady and at a high enough level. And luckily i dont need any ai or blood donation. Others arent so lucky. Watch some of the videos done by dr thonas O'Connor about trt. It has some good content for ppl that dont have it all memorized like some of us. And literature is often changing since the endo community is finally admitting that older men with higher test levels have less probability of stroke and heart attack, regardless of outdated black box warning related to fkn oral methyl test from the 50s!

Alcohol can actually increase estro significantly as well as liver enzymes of course. But that's only temporary. Hope some of this helps. Later.

P.s.- can find studies on this stuff if you really dont believe me but i have no reason to lie as it not only makes me look like a giant douche if so but hurts people and this is a harm reduction board.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Most current CBC bloodwork.
20190917_050042.jpeg

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Doctor didn't seem concerned with anything, and it all appears to be in range.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If hematocrit is above 15 they will often "drain you"

Shouldn't this say above 50 ??

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn’t donate more than a third of a pint at 54. I’d wait for it to get out of range while trying some easy fixes: avoiding nicotine, more water, some herbs known to lower H&H, and a few others.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just gonna throw this out there, since there’s a few hypochondriacs running around (not in this thread) and unfortunately I added to it by discussing blood donation.
It’s not necessary to go draining on your blood with hematocrit 51-54. That’s normal as hell for males especially on TRT and you aren’t going to die of a blood clot. Try everything else and once you get several points out of range, THEN donate. I’ll post up a study if I can find it again where guys are getting in much worse spots with low epo ad iron doing this excessively. 1-2 times a year donate IF you are several % out of range, only then.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just gonna throw this out there, since there’s a few hypochondriacs running around (not in this thread) and unfortunately I added to it by discussing blood donation.
It’s not necessary to go draining on your blood with hematocrit 51-54. That’s normal as hell for males especially on TRT and you aren’t going to die of a blood clot. Try everything else and once you get several points out of range, THEN donate. I’ll post up a study if I can find it again where guys are getting in much worse spots with low epo ad iron doing this excessively. 1-2 times a year donate IF you are several % out of range, only then.
I would like to see this study !

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If hematocrit is above 15 they will often "drain you"

Shouldn't this say above 50 ??
Meant hemoglobin. And alsp meant 16. When im 15.7 or above i get drained but that onky happened once w a lot of test and some eq. I guess its true what they say about eq. And yes, youd be also be correct for hematocrit above 54 i wanna say is what doc said is his number. They all have diff thresholds.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I wouldn’t donate more than a third of a pint at 54. I’d wait for it to get out of range while trying some easy fixes: avoiding nicotine, more water, some herbs known to lower H&H, and a few others.
Yup, it was 54. Wonder where they pull that number from. Anyways, yeah, sry about the mix up. Thats the prpblem w posting at 430-5am. And its weird, i know a guy whos numbers are constantly both on the high end or straight out of range but they dont dp anything w him bc hes not on trt. I guess some of it is plain old cya. I can usually just feel when i should loose 50ml and it isnt that often at all! Ive done it maybe 3 times over past decade. Usually when i was doing some heavy cycling.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This /\

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Just got off the phone with the doctor and he said he was concerned with my HGB at 17.9...

He wants to test me again in about 3 months. He said if it goes above 18 he may have to take me off of testosterone lol

Obviously, I cant just stop, and hes just not well versed in TRT..

How can I keep HGB in range so he doesn't wig out on me...

Is donation the only option?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
@Matthersby

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
@Rocket3015

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
@chem.jr.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I dont know if you guys get notifications (I usually dont). So decided to tag u in for some help...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I'm going to try to go this week to donate blood

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Donate. It’ll come down. Don’t donate though after that until it gets out of ranges

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Grapefruit again proved helpful to me. 1 fruit a day.

Hemoglobin was 178 10 days ago, 167 today.
Hematocrit 0.51 10 days ago, 0.498 today.
Rbc count 6.00 10 days ago, 5.60 today

both tests done in the morning.

edit: can post pics for proof if you want, thinking about creating a thread.

and i am a hypochondriac when it comes to this stuff, but i cant donate anymore, i lowered my ferritin too much. Might want to check your ferritin before you donate.

And when mine gets over 50, everyone can say whatever they want, but i can feel it. I wake up every single morning with at least both of my hands numb. Sometimes the whole arm, up to the shoulder.

I went in to test today because last few days i didnt wake up with numb hands.

Last edited: