Transformation & Physique Goal Challenge 2018! Let's get it done!!!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I ate 500 grams of carbs last night for my refeed and still woke up kind of flat. I just burned right through it. I weighed myself when I woke up and STILL 209.9 after 500g of carbs... Next time 800!!!
I find there is like a two day yo yo effect, I can eat a 1200 calorie tub of Ben and Jerry's and weight the same the next morning. Go back to the diet and two days later will suddenly be up three pounds.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol, I also planned a massive carb hit last night. Stopped counting at 1,000 haha. I do it very very rarely but when I go deep into carbs I go balls deep
I messed up and didn't have enough carb dense yummy foods around... Mine was mostly powders just because I was 11 days in keto and was supposed to load on the 10th but had missed it already.... Next one will be on a weekend and will be a lot higher carbs...

Dropped about 5 lbs this week. weighted in at 206 last night. Will take some final noodz tonight if I can get into the same room. was going to last night but my wife didn't want me taking my shirt off in front of the spin class! lol Plus that might be kind of rude she said. If you know me I didn't care!
WOW! What did you do to drop the 5lbs all of the sudden?

Honestly HG my capacity for eating rubbish carbs is ridiculous, it’s similar to alcohol for me, I just don’t have an off switch hence why it’s so rare I’ll do it (like once every 6 months) - on this occasion I knew I needed a carb hit and my cycle finished today so wanted to do it while the partitioning effect was in full force.

It was
- large pizza
- nachos side (for 2)
- chicken strips and dips side (for 2)
- garlic pizza bread
- portion (chips - fries)
- 500ml tub ice cream plus syrup and some mini Easter eggs
- pb on toast
- 2 chocolate millionaires dessert things
- 2 chocolate milkshakes
- bowl muesli
- chocolate bar

To be fair today has just been back on it as normal (and I’ve just hit a 22lb pr on bench
I couldn't even eat all of that with a bad case of the munchies!
Oh there was no day involved, this was all in 90 mins lol
Unreal!!!
I find there is like a two day yo yo effect, I can eat a 1200 calorie tub of Ben and Jerry's and weight the same the next morning. Go back to the diet and two days later will suddenly be up three pounds.
Wow, that is really odd. Is it only ice cream that does that to you? I would be willing to bet I weigh less tomorrow morning though. I have never really experienced that from a refeed or cheat meal. I wam surprised by your situation considering ben and jerrys only has less than 100g of carbs in it. I wonder if it is not related to the dairy?

I expected to see some weight gain and also for my muscle bellies to be a lot more full. I am a little fuller but I am far from glycogen saturation. Normally the first 3-4 days post carb up I drop weight, so I expect to see some accelerated fat loss now. Hopefully I got enough leptin replaced to give me that boost.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There was a reason I was 322lbs lol
Yeah but the fact you can still put that much in your stomach at once is unreal... I could eat all of that in a night, like over 4 hours or so MAYBE!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah but the fact you can still put that much in your stomach at once is unreal... I could eat all of that in a night, like over 4 hours or so MAYBE!
Yeah it’s weird, I had to make myself stop at that as well. I normally eat loads of fibre but even with that I always eat more.

Like I said in a previous post, probably take the ability to eat like a horse over feeling nauseous eating enough to gain though......

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah it’s weird, I had to make myself stop at that as well. I normally eat loads of fibre but even with that I always eat more.

Like I said in a previous post, probably take the ability to eat like a horse over feeling nauseous eating enough to gain though......
I feel you on this... I can put away unreal amounts of food. I actually have a thread for a 24hr calorie challenge I’ve done a couple times over the last few years ha. Some pretty insane days with upwards of 25k cals ha

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I messed up and didn't have enough carb dense yummy foods around... Mine was mostly powders just because I was 11 days in keto and was supposed to load on the 10th but had missed it already.... Next one will be on a weekend and will be a lot higher carbs...

WOW! What did you do to drop the 5lbs all of the sudden?

I couldn't even eat all of that with a bad case of the munchies!

Unreal!!!

Wow, that is really odd. Is it only ice cream that does that to you? I would be willing to bet I weigh less tomorrow morning though. I have never really experienced that from a refeed or cheat meal. I wam surprised by your situation considering ben and jerrys only has less than 100g of carbs in it. I wonder if it is not related to the dairy?

I expected to see some weight gain and also for my muscle bellies to be a lot more full. I am a little fuller but I am far from glycogen saturation. Normally the first 3-4 days post carb up I drop weight, so I expect to see some accelerated fat loss now. Hopefully I got enough leptin replaced to give me that boost.
I think it's a fat thing.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OMG. That was a cheat day for all members here on AM, LMAO!
Believe it -or not, I don't like sweets but manage it to get fat anyway.
I Love Sweets !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing spectacular to add in here. Had another 200g carb up Saturday.

The closer we get to the mark the more frustrated I am that I didn't get my crap together until the last 3 weeks. I fully intend to keep going with the fat loss once this is over but was really hoping to be able to squeeze my abs out by then but it doesn't look like I am going to make it. I am so close though!!!! Who knows what an LB or 2 this week could do.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nothing spectacular to add in here. Had another 200g carb up Saturday.

The closer we get to the mark the more frustrated I am that I didn't get my crap together until the last 3 weeks. I fully intend to keep going with the fat loss once this is over but was really hoping to be able to squeeze my abs out by then but it doesn't look like I am going to make it. I am so close though!!!! Who knows what an LB or 2 this week could do.
Tbh i think theres a few who might be in the same boat.....

Right now im 20lbs heavier than my starting pic BUT in pictures much less defined. I think its water but having not run trest before i have no idea if its going rmto come off by the weekend.

I pulled a 55lb pr (from pre cycle) at the weekend so i know im stronger but based on pictures right now i wouldnt have myself scoring great on a recomp basis.....the deadlift has killed me so i need to get my shlt together this week to try and maintain the lean mass and hope i flush out enough water to look leaner.

Definitely going to be interesting though and regardless of the outcome its definitely helped me start the year better than i probably would have done

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Start to Finish noodz. Started my week off on Thursday. Went to the gym on Friday to take some noodz. funny thing is I got 2 craps posing. damn I'm getting old. LOL.
Start is the black sweatpants. Finish is the black shorts. Put on 5 lbs. can't really tell.

1-26-2018 front.jpg
4-27-2018 Front.jpg

1-26-2018 DB.jpg
4-27-2018 DB.jpg

1-26-2018 Side.jpg
4-27-2018 Side.jpg

1-26-2018 crab.jpg
4-27-2018 Crab.jpg

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well you don’t look any softer at all - that’s probably all decent weight. Nice job man

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well you don’t look any softer at all - that’s probably all decent weight. Nice job man
Thanks brother. Put on a little size. haven't seen my son in about 6 weeks and he commented yesterday that I look bigger and more defined.
I didn't see much difference in the picks. my starting picks were after a workout. My ending picks were cold. I usually drop a pound or 2 during my workout.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking good Studhorse !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that Studhorse is a stud for sure.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Start to Finish noodz. Started my week off on Thursday. Went to the gym on Friday to take some noodz. funny thing is I got 2 craps posing. damn I'm getting old. LOL.
Start is the black sweatpants. Finish is the black shorts. Put on 5 lbs. can't really tell.

View attachment 164523View attachment 164524
View attachment 164525View attachment 164526
View attachment 164527View attachment 164528
View attachment 164529View attachment 164530
Nice work mate, quality gains!

Took a little while for me to realise you meant to type 'cramps' not 'craps'

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

lol - I did exactly the same. Was wondering just how hard he was straining for the pose haha

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

LMAO!!!! that is a funny a ss typo! I didnt sh it myself posing. But at my age it is possible!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LMAO! Cant wait to see your noodz! hows that hammie doing?
Hammie is doing good. Just barely pulling when I bend over now. Rode bikes yesterday for 25 minutes are a moderate but not pushing it pace and had no issues. I felt it a few times but not painful just "Hey I am still here be nice to me!!!!"

The nudes will hopefully be worthy of the wait. Definite and obvious improvement in the pics I took Monday. I am pretty much in complete and total recomp mode at the moment. My weight hasn't budged in the last week. Still sitting @ 209.9 which is right on point for where I have been for the last 3 weeks.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hammie is doing good. Just barely pulling when I bend over now. Rode bikes yesterday for 25 minutes are a moderate but not pushing it pace and had no issues. I felt it a few times but not painful just "Hey I am still here be nice to me!!!!"

The nudes will hopefully be worthy of the wait. Definite and obvious improvement in the pics I took Monday. I am pretty much in complete and total recomp mode at the moment. My weight hasn't budged in the last week. Still sitting @ 209.9 which is right on point for where I have been for the last 3 weeks.
Good to hear on the hammie!
I'm sure the noodz will be worth the wait! Can't be any worse than mine!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here’s me currently. Dexa 2 weeks ago put me at 18% bf (for those that dont know me I used to be fat hence the weird loose skin going on).

Goal 1 is lean bulk (on cycle in March) and ideally get to 215lbs with same bf (currently 205) after pct.

Goal 2 is a 400lb squat (currently 352) and 500lb dead (current 440). Goal 2 is obviously massively ambitious in the timescales, realistically for this thread the aim is simply progress towards those numbers to hit them by year end.

Good luck to everyone - let’s get it smashed

View attachment 159488
Here’s where I’m at as this draws to a close......

400080C2-7380-4C86-90E1-855180689379.jpeg

Honestly not quite where I wanted, what I assumed was water from the trest is still there a week later (but to be fair I’ve maintained weight as well). I’m bang on 225 at the moment so exactly 20lbs heavier than my starting picture (although I know my photography skills are shocking so comparison is hard). Was hoping it would flush out and I’d have dropped bf.

I don’t think I look as lean and with work commitments/travel I’ve not trained as much the last 2 weeks (but eaten more).....

That said I feel like I have a good basis for a really solid cut and this comp definitely pushed me on further in terms of relatively lean gains.

I have a cnut load of clen and ephedrine hcl lined up for after pct.....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 164773

Honestly not quite where I wanted, what I assumed was water from the trest is still there a week later (but to be fair I’ve maintained weight as well). I’m bang on 225 at the moment so exactly 20lbs heavier than my starting picture (although I know my photography skills are shocking so comparison is hard). Was hoping it would flush out and I’d have dropped bf.

I don’t think I look as lean and with work commitments/travel I’ve not trained as much the last 2 weeks (but eaten more).....

That said I feel like I have a good basis for a really solid cut and this comp definitely pushed me on further in terms of relatively lean gains.

Man you are up 20lbs and still have some of your abs. You did well! Don't beat yourself up.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man you are up 20lbs and still have some of your abs. You did well! Don't beat yourself up.
Oh honestly I’m not disappointed per se, just at one point thought it might look really really good.

For me my disipline has been a touch off (I’m normally nailed on for macros and Cals) nutritionally, diet still very clean, just eating more than I normally would as hunger has been through the roof. Also haven’t been doing the same level of conditioning.

Kinda looking forward to an 8 week cut, very regimented. If I get that right I think I’ll be happy with my summer body (holiday in August, would like to be in the best shape I’ve ever been for that). I definitely think this is the best base I’ve had, I’ve gained noticeable size and strength is decent.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

View attachment 164773

Nice work mate! The 20Ib gains can be seen in all the right places - shoulders, arms & chest. And congratulations for your PRs!!!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Going to do my first workout after little over a week of sitting out. Nerve impingement is still keeping me away from the weights.. I have been told not to lift any weights which can stress my back. This just suks

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Going to do my first workout after little over a week of sitting out. Nerve impingement is still keeping me away from the weights.. I have been told not to lift any weights which can stress my back. This just suks
Dont listen to them, I got a nerve Impingement and it actually feels better when I lift. Just sucks I get numbness in my arm when lifting, and sleeping. But with some PT exercises it has gotten better.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m there with you man. Took a 12 day break. Now currently just hitting upper body and today I threw in some machine isolation stuff for legs. It suuuuuucks. Hope ya feel better soon!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know very well how you feel. It's frustrating. Keep your head up. As DemntedCowboy said, I would at least do light exercises to keep blood flow up -but nothing aggressive.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dont listen to them, I got a nerve Impingement and it actually feels better when I lift. Just sucks I get numbness in my arm when lifting, and sleeping. But with some PT exercises it has gotten better.
Any weight I lift which is above my head is really painful. Tried these on Tuesday: Double arm DB tricep extension, seated DB shoulder press, incline DB press all just hurts my lower back. It's just slowly eating away my confidence and comfort with weights. So, I just decided to take rest for the rest of the week. But, staying out of the gym is painful and depressing. I have to spend some more time on stretches and PT.

I’m there with you man. Took a 12 day break. Now currently just hitting upper body and today I threw in some machine isolation stuff for legs. It suuuuuucks. Hope ya feel better soon!
I read that it could take even a month to completely recover or if it still goes on the only way is surgery. I just hope it doesn't come down to that for both of us. Feel better man.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Any weight I lift which is above my head is really painful. Tried these on Tuesday: Double arm DB tricep extension, seated DB shoulder press, incline DB press all just hurts my lower back. It's just slowly eating away my confidence and comfort with weights. So, I just decided to take rest for the rest of the week. But, staying out of the gym is painful and depressing. I have to spend some more time on stretches and PT.

I read that it could take even a month to completely recover or if it still goes on the only way is surgery. I just hope it doesn't come down to that for both of us. Feel better man.
See I dont get pain. I dropped the weight amd I just get numbness and tingling through my shoulder amd arm

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know very well how you feel. It's frustrating. Keep your head up. As DemntedCowboy said, I would at least do light exercises to keep blood flow up -but nothing aggressive.
And that is exactly my problem. When I am in the weight room, I just get in the mood very quickly and easily.. The the lifts get heavy. I guess it's about control and staying calm and I am not wired that way. lol

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
See I dont get pain. I dropped the weight amd I just get numbness and tingling through my shoulder amd arm
I am glad that you don't get the pain. My best description for it is; A sharp object grinding into your hip

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And that is exactly my problem. When I am in the weight room, I just get in the mood very quickly and easily.. The the lifts get heavy. I guess it's about control and staying calm and I am not wired that way. lol
Swimming comes to mind -or anything that involves the whole body. Do you have good chiropractors where you live?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, we do have a few closer to where I live. Should I make a visit?
YES! It may be the solution! I was very skeptical about chiro's at first -but they fixed me twice -now I'm a believer.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will make a visit tomorrow. Thanks HGP.
I remember my first time I went to a chiro. It was like an execution, LOL! The guy chokes the sh1t out of you, in a Jiu-Jitsu like fashion, while saying: "Relax, take a deep breath.....CRACK!!!" For a second you think you are now paralyzed... WTH!
Tell us how it went!
After the sessions it took one night of sleep to feel the effect. Both time it was like a miracle for me.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I remember my first time I went to a chiro. It was like an execution, LOL! The guy chokes the sh1t out of you, in a Jiu-Jitsu like fashion, while saying: "Relax, take a deep breath.....CRACK!!!" For a second you think you are now paralyzed... WTH!
Tell us how it went!
After the sessions it took one night of sleep to feel the effect. Both time it was like a miracle for me.
Lol. I have only seen in videos. Chiro making bodybuilder squeal.. Let me see how this goes for me tomorrow. Will report back.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Dr. Stuart McGill, the most recognized spine doctor in the sports performance world, has said that 90% of the patients he says are NOT good candidates for spinal surgery.

Fix your own back. You can do it starting right this minute. Order his soft back book Back Mechanic off Amazon or wherever for $40. It’s a very easy read and he breaks it down simple for anyone to heal themselves.

Surgery will **** you forever. Don’t be lazy - take your health into your own hands, because nobody can care as much about it as you can. There are real answers you can begin implementing right now.

I was so bad I couldn’t wash my own legs for months... I have since pulled lifetime deadlift PRs, 50lbs over pre-injury & I am largely pain free. It can be done.