Training log revamp ROUND 3 lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya ot was rich, about a year ago someone told me they tried it and 6 days later there arms were still 3/4in bigger. Idk how tru it is because I didn't measure there arms lol
today after squats told myself I was going to go berzerk on arms with whatever time I had left. light weight, no injury risk just rep out for the pump and I swear it's the largest my arms have ever been lol. I seriously want to set aside a saturday for the Rich Piana Arms Party

Go read the opening post in this link 😆🤣😂😹😆🤣😂😹😆
I'm a sucker for a good headline 😅😅😅

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Little check-in.

So Sunday I starred the new stuff.

150 test e
450 eq
30 npp

I also took 30 npp yesterday

Starting with 30mg 4x week on the npp

Anyway, yesterday afternoon I started feeling off. Like I'm high or like when you take too much cold medicine and your kinda foggy headed. Got hot, bp spiked to 140's/85 - 90

Still feeling shitty today but bp dropped back down to 135/81 and seems to be trending down. Took my temp today and I'm 99.6 so maybe a slight fever.

Idk it's weird. Whatever it was seems to finally be wearing off but it's not something I've experienced before. I know some ppl say they get "test flu" or whatever when they start a cycle but I don't get that, never have. So probably just a coincidence that it happened the day after pinning. IL get back to work tomorrow.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oh, had to buy new jeans! I noticed that a few of the straight leg jeans I own are getting tight in the thighs and ass/crotch so I'm guessing my legs are growing, waist is still 34. I'd like to hit 225 before the 34's get tight on the waist.

I also gave all of my large t-shirts and some of my xl t-shirts to my son. Only xl and 2xl now so that's cool lol. Not complaining there.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, I still feel kinda shitty today but bp is 128/84 so that's about the norm for me. No fever, minor headache and some nausea. And my legs and ankles are sore for some reason today. No clue 🤷‍♂️. Definitely feel better then yesterday tho and that brain fog is gone

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Getting big quick and things are just picking up. Hopefully you continue to feel better and no issues during the cycle!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Getting big quick and things are just picking up. Hopefully you continue to feel better and no issues during the cycle!
Ya hoping the worst "it was never really bad" but I think it's almost over.

Definitely getting back to the gym tomorrow.

Outside of the 3 day setback everything is going great. Strong as fluck, 215-217 mornings and 217-219 evenings seems to be my average weight the past few days.

Bf I'd say is exactly the same as it was 10lbs ago

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Still not feeling very good but I went back to the gym today. The schedule workout was legs but if I skip a workout I always pick back up with that workout so today became pull. Tomorrow push and then Saturday or Sunday I will do legs.

Strength was down. I did everything I wanted to but it all felt heavy, I was out of breath the entire time " Honestly I think I have covid again lol"
Beat everything in the log book except for pull ups. The muscular Endurance was just not there.

Only weighed 214.9 this morning but I expected that because I'm dehydrated. I track trends with my weight but I only really count Sundays weigh ins so I won't micro manage too much.

That's all I got for today🤷‍♂️

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was out of breath the entire time " Honestly I think I have covid again lol"
I was thinking that by your other posts. your entire experience here of "sorta maybe possibly getting sick but not sick yet..?.." is exactly what covid was like for me. every single time I start feeling that way I get Pho, double my elderberry and vit c and feel awesome the next day lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was thinking that by your other posts. your entire experience here of "sorta maybe possibly getting sick but not sick yet..?.." is exactly what covid was like for me. every single time I start feeling that way I get Pho, double my elderberry and vit c and feel awesome the next day lol.
Honestly at this point I've had covid 3 times and this may be the 4th. I don't find it any different then a cold or minor flu. I just treat it like a normal part of life now. I'm having Deja vu or I think we had this conversation before but I've never noticed any benefits to increasing vc after I'm already sick and elderberry doesn't seem to do anything for me except give me the shits. I'm like 3 for 3 with elderberry giving me the bubble guts lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think that's a really common response to elderberry, and I'm guessing the vc is the same for me but when I'm in the trenches and feel something coming on I just fire every weapon I have at it until I'm either better, or laid up in bed lol. knock on wood I haven't been SICK sick since 2019. I did test positive that one time in march of '21. I think, like you, i've probably encountered it a few more times since I've had identical experiences but I never bothered testing. I only tested in '21 cause I had to travel and got stuck in Arizona for 10 days. it was awesome lol.

oh that first time I actually did lose taste for about 12 hours, and then smell for about a week but those things ironically hit me when I was starting to feel better lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At least you got back in the saddle. They can’t all be winners.

I remember years ago Paul Carter saying something like 10% of your training sessions are going to be extra awesome, and about as many will really suck. You might as well throw those out, as far as your expectations for yourself. What matters is the 80% of your training that is pretty par for course, showing up consistently and just doing the work. That’s what makes or breaks your longterm results.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man that’s a bummer you may have Covid again. My wife and I have both had it three times, and every time it was a different version. Honestly the Flu we had around Thanksgiving was worse than any of the Covids. Sucks that Elderberry gives you the squirts, just shows another example of how not everything works for everyone.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
At least you got back in the saddle. They can’t all be winners.

I remember years ago Paul Carter saying something like 10% of your training sessions are going to be extra awesome, and about as many will really suck. You might as well throw those out, as far as your expectations for yourself. What matters is the 80% of your training that is pretty par for course, showing up consistently and just doing the work. That’s what makes or breaks your longterm results.
Ya, that's the most important thing I think. I needed to get to the gym and do something. The more I sit around the lazier I get. Just like I go ballz to the wall with work or whatever training I might be doing, I also can fall victim to the total opposite and get in a rutvof doing nothing and that's just useless

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How you making out? I know things were hectic for you earlier this month
I am doing well still setting new post surgery highs on lifts. A little beat up in the biceps but making it work. I am about to be at my 4 months off mark and have only been running TRT dose at 100mg a week that entire time. I am trying to decide if I want to run a little something in April, just bump Test to 200mg a week or keep things how they are. Contemplating maybe running a 4 week oral blast or 6-8 week oral pulse but honestly orals haven't treated me too well in the gut area the last couple times. So not sure how that would work out for me.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Man that’s a bummer you may have Covid again. My wife and I have both had it three times, and every time it was a different version. Honestly the Flu we had around Thanksgiving was worse than any of the Covids. Sucks that Elderberry gives you the squirts, just shows another example of how not everything works for everyone.
I got the covid test sitting on the table but I'm not doing it lol. If I got sick Monday then the 5 days will be up tomorrow and I'm working in a empty house the next few days anyway so I won't be in contact with anyone. If I take the test and it's positive IL just use it as a excuse to be lazy for another 5 dsyd

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya, that's the most important thing I think. I needed to get to the gym and do something. The more I sit around the lazier I get. Just like I go ballz to the wall with work or whatever training I might be doing, I also can fall victim to the total opposite and get in a rutvof doing nothing and that's just useless
Amen, I get that inertia effect too. I need to be moving toward something or I am going to go stagnant.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I remember years ago Paul Carter saying something like 10% of your training sessions are going to be extra awesome, and about as many will really suck. You might as well throw those out, as far as your expectations for yourself.
Man that is so painfully accurate. But it does sorta put into perspective how important the 80% are.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Could be a placebo effect but when I feel something coming on I use zicam like no other seems to help and shorten symptoms. Can’t speak on the covid feeling as I have never had it, or if I did never had any effects/symptoms

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Could be a placebo effect but when I feel something coming on I use zicam like no other seems to help and shorten symptoms. Can’t speak on the covid feeling as I have never had it, or if I did never had any effects/symptoms
My father is 70 or 71 "can't remember lol" but he's had covid 3 times and had no symptoms 2 of the times. Twice my mom was sick so he took the test and found out he had it. The third time he was about to get a booster shot and I flipped out on him telling him to stop taking the shots. Well, he went and got the booster and within 12 hours was sick as he's ever been lol. He finally agreed not to get the shot anymore.

I'm not saying the shot made him sick, I'm just saying it was funny timing and it obviously didn't help.

I got really sick for 24 hours the first time, like 10/10 and then the next day it was like 3/10

The 2 following times I got covid I just felt shitty, same as now. But it's a very minor annoyance. I feel more lazy then sick.

Who knows, honestly I wanna shoot myself in the head whenever I hear covid, I'm sooooooo over it.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've also told soo many lies about weather or not I got the Vax that I don't wanna talk about it because I can't remember who I told what lol.

All I know is I got that card that says I did it lol
Yeah I feel you there. My company I work for was close to mandating the shot, I was going to have to make a choice and then overnight it changed. No more mandates no testing etc etc.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah I feel you there. My company I work for was close to mandating the shot, I was going to have to make a choice and then overnight it changed. No more mandates no testing etc etc.
I was working for a contractor when this whole thing started and he told me to get the Vax and he knew I had the card but he was super pro Vax, everyone has to do it or you hate America lol, he gave me a ultimatumto get vaxed or only work on new constructionjobs for him that dont have anyoneelse on the job. So I said peace out I'm all set. I blocked his number so he couldn't contact me in the future and I've probably had 10+ ppl reach out to me saying that he's been trying to get in touch with me for a year or more.

Sorry bro, you burnt that bridge over some completely uneducated opinion pushing nonsense.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was working for a contractor when this whole thing started and he told me to get the Vax and he knew I had the card but he was super pro Vax, everyone has to do it or you hate America lol, he gave me a ultimatumto get vaxed or only work on new constructionjobs for him that dont have anyoneelse on the job. So I said peace out I'm all set. I blocked his number so he couldn't contact me in the future and I've probably had 10+ ppl reach out to me saying that he's been trying to get in touch with me for a year or more.

Sorry bro, you burnt that bridge over some completely uneducated opinion pushing nonsense.
I may forgive, but I don’t forget!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

What really did it for me was my manager got the jab, don’t remember what brand. But the next day I was visiting him in the hospital. He checked himself in feeling like he was having a heart attack, he was all jacked up for about a week. He is out and fine now but his memory is not as sharp and he definitely has like permanent brain fog.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What really did it for me was my manager got the jab, don’t remember what brand. But the next day I was visiting him in the hospital. He checked himself in feeling like he was having a heart attack, he was all jacked up for about a week. He is out and fine now but his memory is not as sharp and he definitely has like permanent brain fog.
Yeah, the mainstream media don’t report on all the people that got the shots and then had adverse reactions.
The anti-American part is them trying to force the vaccine on us or our children.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, the mainstream media don’t report on all the people that got the shots and then had adverse reactions.
The anti-American part is them trying to force the vaccine on us or our children.
Now you are just spreading misinformation... ;)

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My father is 70 or 71 "can't remember lol" but he's had covid 3 times and had no symptoms 2 of the times. Twice my mom was sick so he took the test and found out he had it. The third time he was about to get a booster shot and I flipped out on him telling him to stop taking the shots.
everyone in my office got it at the same time, I'm sure I got it the day before I flew down to AZ. the only person who didn't test was my dad (60) and he and my mom for a few days told me they felt a little run down so my dad only did half his morning workouts in the morning before going in to the office and mom said gardening made her a little more tired than usual 😅😅

But I live in WA. my family and my wife are the only people I know who aren't vaccinated personally. My wife's entire family is and for 2 years we were the shitheads but we held our ground.

I saw the stats and didn't trust the jab at all but I didn't have any stories close to me of real life side effects. Then ALL OF THE SUDDEN everyone around me who got jabbed was having problems. My buddy who I lift with has now been sick since Dec. quadruple jabbed, got his first round of rona in dec 2022. and after all his vaccinations and 2 years of the virus becoming "more mild" he had by far the worst case of 'rona I've seen.

golf buddy in icu with blood clots 3 days post jab, now has serious arrythmia
both my step daughters serious female side effects, one developed heart palpitations and has been back to urgent care half dozen times
co-workers grandma slipped into a coma, stroke, then came out recovered caught rona post jab and back in icu
it goes on and on. its insane. multiple cases of kids in my boys middle school with "mild" heart attacks in the last year. WTF

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ya, everyone seems to forget that the best immune system builder is getting sick. If no1 got the Vax then yes we would have probably lost more sick and elderly ppl at first but by now it would be nob existent and the real natural heard Immunity would have been in place

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya, everyone seems to forget that the best immune system builder is getting sick. If no1 got the Vax then yes we would have probably lost more sick and elderly ppl at first but by now it would be nob existent and the real natural heard Immunity would have been in place
my wife and I keep watching everyone around us go down with various bugs and flus and <knock on wood> haven't been sick in ages. it's been a really weird winter

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yup that's also called natural selection..the weak and sick have to go..I know that sounds awful but mother nature can be a cruel b!tch

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am doing well still setting new post surgery highs on lifts. A little beat up in the biceps but making it work. I am about to be at my 4 months off mark and have only been running TRT dose at 100mg a week that entire time. I am trying to decide if I want to run a little something in April, just bump Test to 200mg a week or keep things how they are. Contemplating maybe running a 4 week oral blast or 6-8 week oral pulse but honestly orals haven't treated me too well in the gut area the last couple times. So not sure how that would work out for me.
Yea join me and @Smont On a spring blast

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Can we really call a man made virus natural selection tho?

But regardless I somewhat agree. Weed out the sick, the strongest survive. That's historically how things work.

But in today's pathetic world we don't let the strong survive. We take away the things that make men manly and we reward crybabbies and ladyboys

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Can we really call a man made virus natural selection tho?

But regardless I somewhat agree. Weed out the sick, the strongest survive. That's historically how things work.

But in today's pathetic world we don't let the strong survive. We take away the things that make men manly and we reward crybabbies and ladyboys
Sad but true, no winners or losers everyone gets a participation trophy. Pronouns, safe spaces it goes on and on.
Sorry if I am de railing your log, I can get worked up over all these issues 😂

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sad but true, no winners or losers everyone gets a participation trophy. Pronouns, safe spaces it goes on and on.
Sorry if I am de railing your log, I can get worked up over all these issues 😂
The no winner or loser thing kills me. I always gravitated to one on one sports and hobbies like wrestling and boxing, weight lifting and shooting pool because I like to win. If I loose it's because that person who beat me is better and there's no1 to blame or make excuses for.

Idk if I have said this before but my buddy has the best story about participation trophies.

His daughter was 9 years old and is a nasty wrestler. She placed 4th in a big tournament against all boys in the 9-11 year old group in her weight class. There was 14 kids in this class and 1st place gets a trophy and a medal, 2nd and 3rd get a medal and 4th-14th all got participation medals. She walked up and shook the person's hand, got her medal and took pictures and smiled. Then walked over to the trach and threw her medal in the garbage.

Mark asked her why did you throw out your medal you came in 4th place?

She said something along the lines of..ya it's so special they gave it to 10 ppl. Next year IL win.

I'm not saying that it's healthy to be that diehard competitive, but in a world of bitter 20 year old crybabbies it's a breath of fresh air to see that mentality.

I'm sure I butchered the story a little bit but that little girl is gonna be a winner/champion at something one day

Oliver Kween

Oliver Kween

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Are you calling my thread fat. Are you assuming she's expanding because she's not on a calorie restricted diet. The nerve of you ppl

What's going on @Smont ? SomeBody looking for fat lice in your head?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The no winner or loser thing kills me. I always gravitated to one on one sports and hobbies like wrestling and boxing, weight lifting and shooting pool because I like to win. If I loose it's because that person who beat me is better and there's no1 to blame or make excuses for.

Idk if I have said this before but my buddy has the best story about participation trophies.

His daughter was 9 years old and is a nasty wrestler. She placed 4th in a big tournament against all boys in the 9-11 year old group in her weight class. There was 14 kids in this class and 1st place gets a trophy and a medal, 2nd and 3rd get a medal and 4th-14th all got participation medals. She walked up and shook the person's hand, got her medal and took pictures and smiled. Then walked over to the trach and threw her medal in the garbage.

Mark asked her why did you throw out your medal you came in 4th place?

She said something along the lines of..ya it's so special they gave it to 10 ppl. Next year IL win.

I'm not saying that it's healthy to be that diehard competitive, but in a world of bitter 20 year old crybabbies it's a breath of fresh air to see that mentality.

I'm sure I butchered the story a little bit but that little girl is gonna be a winner/champion at something one day
That is the mindset it takes to achieve success! It’s important to enjoy the process & appreciate what you have accomplished, but you cannot settle or be wholly content. When you do, you are done progressing.