Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’d recommend a 25lb plate for 2-3 sets of 20 supersetted in with something at the end.

If you train them heavier, 4-5 sets of 8-12 is what I like. Basically just whatever you can do with a 45 for as many times as you can handle coming back to it.

And put a kink in your elbows if you want the delts to take more focus, but if you want to really hit that low trap try to keep them straight as possible. You’d think longer arms would be harder on the delt due to the longer lever, but if you bend just slightly you’ll feel the tension increase on your front delts.
Ya it will be a finisher for high reps, if I superset it, it would be with shrugs or face pulls

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah buddy! He knocked out the #8 ranked guy in the second round. If anyone finds the highlights before I do please post it up
That’s awesome…..What’s his name? My son knows a few of the Bellator fighters. Here is a post with all the results, and video highlights of the fights.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ya it was I high risk fight. He actually lost the first round and it looked like he was gonna get KO at one point ND he turned it around and came out smoking in the second round. There was a good 30 before that footage that he split him open with a big punch before the head kick. The camera angle wasn't good on that head kicks so you couldn't really see it but hes not very flexible he had to jump to kick, I'm pretty sure that's the 1st time you threw a head kick in his entire career too Which is crazy because about 4 weeks ago he was talking about how he was practicing high kicks.

Now he beat the #8 @170 they gotta give him someone in the top 5. To be honest because of his prior career and coming back like this I can't see why they shouldn't have to give him a title fight within his next 2 fights. In the post fight conference he called out someone at 185 too

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH 2023

Morning weigh in- 202.6lbs

I'd say I'm probably about a 75% version of my usual self, definitely not resembling my avatar but not looking terrible. I put up a picture a few weeks ago of me all deflated and lil pudgy but that look is definitely gone and with a pump I look normal.

I just came off of 3 days in a row PPL and 2 of them were double sessions. I'm planning on going for today and tomorrow before taking Tuesday as my first rest day.

Off the pick up a $200 Walmart food prep order well that and it's groceries for the house. Later IL go pick up my meat somewhere else

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Here's some knockout highlights from before he retired and came back. Really late stop by the ref in the first one, I don't remember that fight. I think it was from the tournament that got him to bellatore

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya it will be a finisher for high reps, if I superset it, it would be with shrugs or face pulls
You know what, I’m going to try to toss these in tonight to finish my second pressing day. I’m already doing volume Strictpress and heavy incline so idk if I need any more front delts, but done lighter and for 20 reps my low traps will barbecue.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH 2023

Morning weigh in- 202.6lbs

I'd say I'm probably about a 75% version of my usual self, definitely not resembling my avatar but not looking terrible. I put up a picture a few weeks ago of me all deflated and lil pudgy but that look is definitely gone and with a pump I look normal.

I just came off of 3 days in a row PPL and 2 of them were double sessions. I'm planning on going for today and tomorrow before taking Tuesday as my first rest day.

Off the pick up a $200 Walmart food prep order well that and it's groceries for the house. Later IL go pick up my meat somewhere else
Just did the same after delts and bis. 12 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, 8 tilapia fillets, 2 dozen eggs, 2 carton liquid egg whites, jar skippy natural peanut butter, 8 avocados, 5 bags frozen mixed veggies, can of whole oats, 2 boxes of pakets of protein oatmeal, shoukd get me to Thursday, its grow time gentlemen,

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey are eggs stupid expensive where you guys live too?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm doing a lot of chicken breast, some pork tenderloin, a little ground beef and some eggs and liquid whites.

Rice, wraps, a little bread and pasta

Fruits and vegetables.

5 meals a day, Shooting for about 80% of the calories to come from clean body building foods at about 20% of the calories to come from s*** to keep me happy. Sauces and snacks. When it's time to cut I cut the 20

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
****. @Mikereyn513 I thought I was talking to you in here, I just realized that was someone else thread.

I'm spending this year growing, trying to get as big lean and strong as possible but in the bulking process I will definitely be working on my bench press and my Squat. Bench for strength and squats for hypertrophy but all of it is part of my game plan to get bigger. If I can get my max bench to 405 or close IL be using 315 for working sets on chest day, The carry over just gonna give me more upper body growth

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been doing a lot of golden potatoes, some jasmine rice, occasional sweet potato or bowl of pasta. Then 93/7 ground beef or turkey, and 8oz each of strip steak and wild caught salmon most days. I eat 2 eggs pre-training, along with jasmine rice.

Whole Greek yogurt every single day for gut health, and some calcium & protein. It’s delicious mixed with protein, or made into dip/topping, or even plain. Especially if you add some berries.

I also added 2oz pure cranberry juice daily for double RDA of iodine for thyroid health.

Not really doing veggies beyond lots of spinach and baby carrots, some bell peppers.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
****. @Mikereyn513 I thought I was talking to you in here, I just realized that was someone else thread.

I'm spending this year growing, trying to get as big lean and strong as possible but in the bulking process I will definitely be working on my bench press and my Squat. Bench for strength and squats for hypertrophy but all of it is part of my game plan to get bigger. If I can get my max bench to 405 or close IL be using 315 for working sets on chest day, The carry over just gonna give me more upper body growth
Yea it was in @BioHackJack thread

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I saw your anadrol comment on Paul's video...I ot a reply comment in it

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Been doing a lot of golden potatoes, some jasmine rice, occasional sweet potato or bowl of pasta. Then 93/7 ground beef or turkey, and 8oz each of strip steak and wild caught salmon most days. I eat 2 eggs pre-training, along with jasmine rice.

Whole Greek yogurt every single day for gut health, and some calcium & protein. It’s delicious mixed with protein, or made into dip/topping, or even plain. Especially if you add some berries.

I also added 2oz pure cranberry juice daily for double RDA of iodine for thyroid health.

Not really doing veggies beyond lots of spinach and baby carrots, some bell peppers.
I gotta start getting spinach I'll put it in my scrambled eggs it's really the only way I like it don't know why

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Dude i just paid $6.22 a dozen damn $10.24 for an 18 pack so I just bought 2 dozen (it's cheaper by like 6 cents an egg)
If they get any higher I'm cutting them out of my diet. IL keep a dozen in the fridge to bake with or maybe just eat a dozen on my low carb day i wouldn't mind a couple steak and eggs meals. But I go through periods where I eat 6-8day, but not at these prices.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I did end up resting yesterday, legs are sore but I feel fresh, still sleeping goodish, 8hrs last night. The first 6 were straight through with 1 trip to the bathroom and then I tossed for the next 2 hours but that initial 6 was still good for me. If I can get to 7 hours solid per night I would be very happy

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Pull today in a few hours, I had a very high carb day again yesterday 600gm and I think I'm gonna vut back for 2 days and then refill. Still working on a carb cycling schedule of sorts

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Since most of us are starting to turn into the 35 and older crowd in here lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Since most of us are starting to turn into the 35 and older crowd in here lol

D!ck move brah lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Dustin07
I forgot to ask you this the other day, what are kettlebell armbars? That wasn't the 1st time I've seen you mention it and I have no clue what they are. I guess I could not be so lazy and just Google it lol
Let me preface this by saying I thought KB's were pretty stupid but I had a coach who covered my fees ($600-700) to join a weekend course and I walked away completely sold on KB work. Our instructors all had history of severe shoulder issues (dislocates frequently) and all of them were competitive athletes that rehabbed with KB's. I'd look for anything Jeff Martone posts on KB work.

My shoulder is starting to flare up a little so this week (weds) I plan to go very light on my bench day, doing more rehba/kb work and resting up for heavy Friday bench day. Good luck man!

I find the kb armbars hit all the supportive tissue and leave the shoulder with a "warm" feeling. Ive seen it do some really great rehab on folks. when I was taught how to do them, I was taught that it is NOT a strength lift so they never recommended more than even just a 35lb kb for men. (opposed to swings, clean and jerk, snatch, etc where we were going upwards of 100+lb kbs)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
dick 😅😅😅

for what its worth after bench yesterday I had a monster Reuban with my boy and came home to new york steaks and potatoes my wife made for dinner so I'm going to just keep living like it's last night for a few more hours and keep the smell of that steak in my nose.
Love a good Reuban, and NY strip is probably my favorite cut of beef that's not on the bone. Sounds like a good ass day!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Love a good Reuban, and NY strip is probably my favorite cut of beef that's not on the bone. Sounds like a good ass day!
You know what's funny... IDK if it's cause I grew up on a small beef farm or what but if I'm having a steak my choices are ribeye or fillet mignon. My wife loves leaner cuts, NY I believe is usually her go to. But if I get to choose any meat at all, I'm typically going with a ground beef or ground lamb for burgers or something... or if I have the time to do a low and slow smoke I will eat myself into a coma with a big fat brisket or pork butt.... I like to throw something thats over 7-8lbs on the smoker early in the morning and let it go at least an hour per lb, then finish wrapped in foil for another 2hrs.. I can easily eat a pound or more of that by myself for days on end lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’d recommend a 25lb plate for 2-3 sets of 20 supersetted in with something at the end.

If you train them heavier, 4-5 sets of 8-12 is what I like. Basically just whatever you can do with a 45 for as many times as you can handle coming back to it.

And put a kink in your elbows if you want the delts to take more focus, but if you want to really hit that low trap try to keep them straight as possible. You’d think longer arms would be harder on the delt due to the longer lever, but if you bend just slightly you’ll feel the tension increase on your front delts.
I ended up taking a 45lb plate and some 65lb db's and alternated back and forth for 3 sets of 12 with no rest between exercises.

12 raises/12shrugs/12raises/12shrugs/12 raises/12shrugs done. Was very challenging.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Good workout, I'm adding 5lbs to everything every workout and can still probably add weight that fast for another 3 weeks or 5 to 6 workouts if I had to guess. On extended sets or super sets my grip tends to give or almost give twords the final sets. When grip becomes a issue IL add straps. I don't wanna add them yet Because I can use significantly more weight with straps so I just want to let the progression process climb on its own before I introduce them. I want the mind muscle connection to keep working and I need to strengthen grip a bit more anyways. IL probably eventually add forearm and grip work at home 1-2× week

Nothing special yet

Screenshot_20230206_121107_Notepad Free~2.jpg

The scratched out stuff is the things I didn't do today, there basically alternative exercises in case a machine is taken. And I don't have time for cardio tonight. My buddy has a restaurant and he lost one of his delivery drivers so I'm gonna fill in for him tonight for like 4 hours. Probably gonna have to do this once or twice a week for the next few weeks until he finds a replacement. So now I got extra **** to take care of on top of my mountain of **** but shouldn't be very stressful. I'm just dropping off food deliveries in a fairly wealthy area for 4 hours.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's funny, I feel really weird grabbing these little 17.5 lb dumbells for incline db curl. But concentrating on the stretch and the squeeze at the top it really is a bit difficult. Will go to 20's

It's always a mind **** because I know I can grab 50's and do hammer curls lol. But I want to progress on new exercises too

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's always a mind **** because I know I can grab 50's and do hammer curls lol. But I want to progress on new exercises too
it's sorta a trip taking 40-50lb dbs for standing db curls and then sitting down with 30s for sets of 10 with a concentration curl, how much it makes me physically sweat. I'll get to that tenth rep sometimes, maybe the 9th and use my opposite hand to "spot"myself with a finger, getting that last rep in and then sloooooowly dropping it back down.

that and 21s. maybe you grab an ez bar and curl 8-10 reps with 80s, 90s, even 100+ barbell. then you grab a 60 and do 21s and throw up all over the mirror. nothing more satisfying then getting back to the locker room and realizing you don't know how to take your shirt off

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to see you getting back in and seeming to enjoy your workouts again!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
it's sorta a trip taking 40-50lb dbs for standing db curls and then sitting down with 30s for sets of 10 with a concentration curl, how much it makes me physically sweat. I'll get to that tenth rep sometimes, maybe the 9th and use my opposite hand to "spot"myself with a finger, getting that last rep in and then sloooooowly dropping it back down.

that and 21s. maybe you grab an ez bar and curl 8-10 reps with 80s, 90s, even 100+ barbell. then you grab a 60 and do 21s and throw up all over the mirror. nothing more satisfying then getting back to the locker room and realizing you don't know how to take your shirt off
I finger spot myself sometimes too lol. Especially if one arm gets less reps then other.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Good to see you getting back in and seeming to enjoy your workouts again!
Ya, hopefully it stays that way. I haven't really enjoyed the gym since October when I did the bench comp. I just kinda went in maintenence mode till I got sick a d then nothing. It's also nice that I bounce back quickly. Had someone this morning say I look bigger then last time they saw me and that was like 2 weeks ago. But it makes sense because I e gained 12lbs and just kinda filled back out to somewhat normal.
204lbs even today. I actually need to slow the weight gain down a bit or I'm gonna get too fat too fast. I'd like to stay around 205-208 till I'm ready to push. I know once I start adding the eq and npp my weight will probably climb up another 10lbs fairly quickly. I don't want to be a bloated 225 in 6 weeks.