Training log revamp ROUND 3 lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
As a matter of fact there's 2 or 3 dudes at my gym right now that are motivating me to be unbelievably huge. I should fly @Smont Out to Cali to go train with me so we could show those wannabes how it's really done

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When my wife use to ask me the same thing I would tell her babes I wanna be so big abd jacked that when I walk into the gym all the other dudes put their heads down and walk out because they know there is no way they could get to my level. Straight kill their motivation to train
Lol, that's good. I just pictured this giant Markus Rahul size mofo walking in and the little guy in a stringer putting his head down.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As a matter of fact there's 2 or 3 dudes at my gym right now that are motivating me to be unbelievably huge. I should fly @Smont Out to Cali to go train with me so we could show those wannabes how it's really done
My boy just came back from Cali, he travels for work. Next time he goes to the nuke plant out there I'm going to try to get my union to send me out there too. Because I have a lot of nuke Plant experience it they might be able to send me. I gotta double check what the name of the plant is but it's the highest paid nuke rate in the country. He gross like 12k a month on paper plus another $2800 a month tax free for per diem

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My boy just came back from Cali, he travels for work. Next time he goes to the nuke plant out there I'm going to try to get my union to send me out there too. Because I have a lot of nuke Plant experience it they might be able to send me. I gotta double check what the name of the plant is but it's the highest paid nuke rate in the country. He gross like 12k a month on paper plus another $2800 a month tax free for per diem
Do you know which part of Cali? I know those dudes make good money and so do the oil rig roughnecks that work all up and down the coast

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lol, that's good. I just pictured this giant Markus Rahul size mofo walking in and the little guy in a stringer putting his head down.
That's good but I've been told that I look more like jay cutler especially scince I have the exact same haircut he did in the early 2000s. After the cycle I'm gonna cut it like he did for the 2009 olympia when he did the quad stomp and had that cool Mohawk style cut

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I was noticing on your 209 pic that you had really filled out a lot without looking fluffy or bloated at all. At least to the outside world. I know your own opinion is skewed like the rest of us in here when it comes to our physiques but you have definitely blown up already and I expect to see some great improvements. You should definitely take some actual flexing pics for your precycle starting point so you have something to compare to along the way.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When my wife use to ask me the same thing I would tell her babes I wanna be so big abd jacked that when I walk into the gym all the other dudes put their heads down and walk out because they know there is no way they could get to my level. Straight kill their motivation to train
My wife would tell you my head is already so big and so jacked it's a wonder my neck can support it 😅😅

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, I was noticing on your 209 pic that you had really filled out a lot without looking fluffy or bloated at all. At least to the outside world. I know your own opinion is skewed like the rest of us in here when it comes to our physiques but you have definitely blown up already and I expect to see some great improvements. You should definitely take some actual flexing pics for your precycle starting point so you have something to compare to along the way.
I have some pictures from last week. It's hard to get someone to take pictures and it's hard for me to flex while taking pictures of myself. My girl catches a attitude whenever I ask her to take pictures and when she agrees she has no patience for me to take good pictures. If she can't get good pictures in less then 2 min she starts a fight over it. While she is somewhat supportive in the sense she knows I need my gym time and I need to eat a little different. It's not something she fully supports.

Any time I make a diet change it's a fight because in her mind I'm constantly changing what I'm doing and it's stupid that I can eat something leg day that I cant on a rest day. Or if we go to breakfast on Sunday and I eat something unhealthy, in her mind it's stupid that I need to eat clean the rest of the day. It's not even worth trying to explain most of the time.

So basically she hates everything about my goals outside of me going to the gym, everything else I do is stupid or extreme in her mind. Mainly because she's fukin lazy when it comes to fitness and nutrition.

To her eating no carbs and walking on a treadmill is the same as what I do

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have some pictures from last week. It's hard to get someone to take pictures and it's hard for me to flex while taking pictures of myself. My girl catches a attitude whenever I ask her to take pictures and when she agrees she has no patience for me to take good pictures. If she can't get good pictures in less then 2 min she starts a fight over it. While she is somewhat supportive in the sense she knows I need my gym time and I need to eat a little different. It's not something she fully supports.

Any time I make a diet change it's a fight because in her mind I'm constantly changing what I'm doing and it's stupid that I can eat something leg day that I cant on a rest day. Or if we go to breakfast on Sunday and I eat something unhealthy, in her mind it's stupid that I need to eat clean the rest of the day. It's not even worth trying to explain most of the time.

So basically she hates everything about my goals outside of me going to the gym, everything else I do is stupid or extreme in her mind. Mainly because she's fukin lazy when it comes to fitness and nutrition.

To her eating no carbs and walking on a treadmill is the same as what I do
Honestly bro that would drive me nuts...I know yiu love her but damn that's gotta get old. That's one thing a woman has to understand going in if it's going to be a long term thing..when I met my wife she wanted to learn how to train for a show so she understood from the beginning what it took. And I would be just as supportive for her as she was me when we put the focus on her physique.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
FUG THAT!!! My wife may not understand all that motivates me with this, or all of the methods I employ but she is supportive. Especially after seeing me psychologically deteriorate while I was completely out of the gym. She knows when I get to big aka chubby it is an issue, and when I get too small muscle-wise it is an issue. She wants me to be happy and as long as she is not being made to follow suit she is very supportive. Although she did tell me next time I decide to fast for more than 3 days we had better have some ganja both for her and for me. My 96 hour fast got a bit rough toward the end and it was during a ganja clear out period.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Honestly bro that would drive me nuts...I know yiu love her but damn that's gotta get old. That's one thing a woman has to understand going in if it's going to be a long term thing..when I met my wife she wanted to learn how to train for a show so she understood from the beginning what it took. And I would be just as supportive for her as she was me when we put the focus on her physique.
I love her because she's the mother of my kids, I'm not in love with her, at least not like I use to be and I probably haven't been in 10 years. I love her like I love my kids and my brother and sister. I don't personally care for her as a spouse. It's hard to explain. If I could walk away without a million consequences I would

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Not because of the fitness stuff lol.

She's very selfish. She does a lot, but she doesn't realize that she's doing things that she wants, not things ppl need. She's a bit toxic too.

Sometimes it definitely feels like we're arguing siblings more then In a relationship

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, also, not sure what type of phone you have but my Samsung has two things I use for progress pics. One is the timer delay, you can set it for 3-10 seconds and then it snaps the shot, or you can set it to where you say Cheese or Shoot, and it will take the shot. So i just find somewhere with decent lighting and prop the phone up against something and take several shots of each pose / position and then use the best of them. The wife actually got me a table top phone tripod because she saw me propping the phone up in different places trying to get progress pics. It worked even better.

My work iPhone also has a Shutter delay option with either 3 or 10 second delay.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oh yeah, also, not sure what type of phone you have but my Samsung has two things I use for progress pics. One is the timer delay, you can set it for 3-10 seconds and then it snaps the shot, or you can set it to where you say Cheese or Shoot, and it will take the shot. So i just find somewhere with decent lighting and prop the phone up against something and take several shots of each pose / position and then use the best of them. The wife actually got me a table top phone tripod because she saw me propping the phone up in different places trying to get progress pics. It worked even better.

My work iPhone also has a Shutter delay option with either 3 or 10 second delay.
It's a Samsung S20+, honestly I'm terrible with technology so it might have that feature. When I see my kids tonight IL ask them to figure it out lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's a Samsung S20+, honestly I'm terrible with technology so it might have that feature. When I see my kids tonight IL ask them to figure it out lol.
Okay, the Samsungs have had the option to take pics via voice for many models now. When the camera is open you can click on the settings gear, scroll down and go in to Shooting Methods and you will see where you can turn on the voice or hand commands there. With the timer delay it is right on the top of the screen in the camera and is a tiny picture of a clock. Press that and it will give you the options.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Okay, the Samsungs have had the option to take pics via voice for many models now. When the camera is open you can click on the settings gear, scroll down and go in to Shooting Methods and you will see where you can turn on the voice or hand commands there. With the timer delay it is right on the top of the screen in the camera and is a tiny picture of a clock. Press that and it will give you the options.
Well that was fukin easy. Cool, voice command is active now 😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You're Welcome! Now to find you spot with good lighting and somewhere to prop the phone and you are golden!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
😂😂😂…..Sometimes wives know just what to say. But you know something is a cutdown when she says it, and then says “but I love ya”.
Relatable lol, she keeps me grounded haha. Every once in a while she'll find an opportunity to throw in a compliment "Hey I need your big strong muscles to open this for me" lol ok babe... I know what you're doing, but it worked. dont' abuse it. lolololol

It's super hard for them, and they put soooo much more stress on themselves than men put on them IMO, but they don't at all understand the balance of masculinity that men need to figure out as well in an incredibly bizarre woke era of soy.

I love her because she's the mother of my kids, I'm not in love with her, at least not like I use to be and I probably haven't been in 10 years. I love her like I love my kids and my brother and sister. I don't personally care for her as a spouse. It's hard to explain. If I could walk away without a million consequences I would
As a guy who's been on both sides of the fence I can tell you I finally understand what it means that love is an action and that action creates the feeling. No matter how upset I could get or anything my wife could do, I know that I never want to sleep in an empty bed in an empty house again... all I can figure is that marriage is hard because it's worth it.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn I'm sorry bro..I legit feel bad for you. You're a really cool dude, I wish it could be different for you

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm hoping to put on enough size that my cuts end at 200 lbs. So I'm thinking I need to get up in the 230's.

211.2 this morning
If you want to end up at 200 you really think you gave to push it all the way into the 230's? Honest question

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you want to end up at 200 you really think you gave to push it all the way into the 230's? Honest question
Do you follow chase irons? He was 275 with abs at the end of his bulk, he stepped on stage at 208. We all have way more fat then we think and we don't accurately guess our bf.

If your 230lbs @15% bf then you have 35lbs of fat. In order to get contest shape you would have to loose basically 30lbs of fat without loosing any muscle. As big as you are right now, If you wanted to get in legit contact shape and step on stage I'd bet you'd be under 200 on stage

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So yes, for me to be bodybuilder shredded at 200 I would definitely need to be over 230 at the end of this bulk. Even in my pics where I got cuts in my delts and **** at 205-210 I probably had 20lbs of fat to loose to get shredded for real. Even your boy big Paul had to drop 40lbs to get in contest shape and that was on hgh and slin alongside his gear.

If I wanted to be 200 lbs @10ish% bf I'd just drop 10lbs and not run a cycle.

Last edited:

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you follow chase irons? He was 275 with abs at the end of his bulk, he stepped on stage at 208. We all have way more fat then we think and we don't accurately guess our bf.

If your 230lbs @15% bf then you have 35lbs of fat. In order to get contest shape you would have to loose basically 30lbs of fat without loosing any muscle. As big as you are right now, If you wanted to get in legit contact shape and step on stage I'd bet you'd be under 200 on stage
Yea I'd be doing light heavyweight ls at around 193-195, which we both know is f.cking huge. Altho the guy I saw was only 5'8 where I'm 5'10 so it may not look as big on me but I would still be turning heads

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yea I'd be doing light heavyweight ls at around 193-195, which we both know is f.cking huge. Altho the guy I saw was only 5'8 where I'm 5'10 so it may not look as big on me but I would still be turning heads
Are you gonna compete this year? Or considering it at least? I really think you should. Or at least go through the process and get shredded for a photo shoot or something

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I actually was going to bring his gh protocol up to you and get your opinion. So he does 15iu M/W/F instead of 7iu ED. The way he explained the reason made sense but then someone asked vigorous Steve about it and he prefers everyday so yiu keep water retention down and don't get carpal tunnel or numbness in the fingers

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you gonna compete this year? Or considering it at least? I really think you should. Or at least go through the process and get shredded for a photo shoot or something
I'm really thinking about it. One of my old supervisors asked me if I was because she noticed my tan, I told her it's crossed my mind and she said I should

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I took some pics this morning, I'll pm them to you the camera sucked but it's the start so who cares. Starting weight is 226

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I scrolled too fast, thought the Chase pic was Mike! You’ll get there tho 😁
man competing is quite the workload it crossed my mind 12 years ago but I would have had to give up school.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's a great example, if I saw him at this point I would have guessed he was like 10lbs over contest weight.
View attachment 229548

It was 46lbs over contest shape
Dude that's nutty, if I looked like that I would never have a shirt on..ever!! Like I'd show up to work at 4am..no shirt..just walk in to the warehouse with no shirt on like its the thing to do

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I scrolled too fast, thought the Chase pic was Mike! You’ll get there tho 😁
man competing is quite the workload it crossed my mind 12 years ago but I would have had to give up school.
Lol...I wish bro..one day

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Smont I got to give you crazy credit how you keep up with your schedule and train like you do and keep up with life is inspiring. Still killing it and glad to see it. Been offline for a bit you still got a fight in the line up?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Smont I got to give you crazy credit how you keep up with your schedule and train like you do and keep up with life is inspiring. Still killing it and glad to see it. Been offline for a bit you still got a fight in the line up?
No, I had 2 of them fall through and I'm sick of sucking down to 180lbs. It takes a toll because I basically have to loose like 10lbs of muscle to get there with a reasonable bf level It's not like being body building shredded where you want to be 4% body fat, If you try to step in a ring and fight with your body fat that low you get destroyed so basically I have to lose muscle while maintaining fat once I get under a 190 pounds, it's kind of hard to explain, even saying that it sounds stupid lol. I'm like 211 now and going to try to push my weight up to 230+ and see if I can get my bench up to 405. Goal is big and strong. After my bulk is over when I'm cutting back down to get shredded if somewhere along the way I can find a low budget boxing match where I can find a heavyweight under 6'1 IL do it still. But I think I'm pulling the plug on it. Don't get me wrong I'm still gonna spar and grapple with guys but To be competitive I need to fight around a 178 pounds and it's just too hard to keep doing that

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No, I had 2 of them fall through and I'm sick of sucking down to 180lbs. It takes a toll because I basically have to loose like 10lbs of muscle to get there with a reasonable bf level It's not like being body building shredded where you want to be 4% body fat, If you try to step in a ring and fight with your body fat that low you get destroyed so basically I have to lose muscle while maintaining fat once I get under a 190 pounds, it's kind of hard to explain, even saying that it sounds stupid lol. I'm like 211 now and going to try to push my weight up to 230+ and see if I can get my bench up to 405. Goal is big and strong. After my bulk is over when I'm cutting back down to get shredded if somewhere along the way I can find a low budget boxing match where I can find a heavyweight under 6'1 IL do it still. But I think I'm pulling the plug on it. Don't get me wrong I'm still gonna spar and grapple with guys but To be competitive I need to fight around a 178 pounds and it's just too hard to keep doing that
Makes sense I remember the first one falling through. How long you anticipating holding the 230+ range before cutting? Either way man looking solid and gettin it glad your new gig came through as well!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Makes sense I remember the first one falling through. How long you anticipating holding the 230+ range before cutting? Either way man looking solid and gettin it glad your new gig came through as well!
Basically I'm going to try to see how much weight I can gain comfortably and then force it past that threshold. I'm assuming it's gonna take roughly 10-12 weeks to gain 20lbs without getting too fat. Then at that point hold it and try to maybe hold it through the summer. I'm kinda guessing here, I got someone guiding me through the process and 5 or 6 ppl in here to help keep my on track when I'm second guessing things. I know I can get to 225, that's probably where it's It's going to get tough because I've never been passed 225 pounds before. At least not my morning wake up weight.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You've never been been past 225 morning fasted!? Have you ever legit tried like you are now?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You've never been been past 225 morning fasted!? Have you ever legit tried like you are now?
No I've never tried. I try to stay around 205-210 so I don't have to cut weight too much.

In the past almost 2 years I really haven't made any attempts to put on size since the picture in my maresearch flyer. The biggest cycle I ran in the past 2 years was the one I finished for bench in October. 300 test, 300eq (briefly went to 450 and back to 300) and some winni. I've been keeping most my cycles at 300 test/300mast and sarms for quite a while because I haven't needed to get bigger. This cycle will start with more gear and IL be actually training to grow vs cutting weight and focusing on bench.

I'm hoping to have that Ben pollock growth phaze Fter he let himself finally go outside the 198 class lol.

Not happening lol

Last edited:

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is another reason I should grow fairly fast, I've been intentionally limiting myself to a weight class and not allowing myself to get bigger
Bro I can promise you they will, especially scince your focusing on it your body is primed for growth. Just letting you know when I first started holding 230 consistenty I noticed some physical changes, just little things. I've only cracked 250 a few times, I never really held it but I imagine the same thing happens then as well until your body adapts. Mine did at 230 that's why once I get past 230 i can hold it pretty easy ( not contest 230 btw..obviously that's a totally different animal)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bro I can promise you they will, especially scince your focusing on it your body is primed for growth. Just letting you know when I first started holding 230 consistenty I noticed some physical changes, just little things. I've only cracked 250 a few times, I never really held it but I imagine the same thing happens then as well until your body adapts. Mine did at 230 that's why once I get past 230 i can hold it pretty easy ( not contest 230 btw..obviously that's a totally different animal)
Ya, for me it's about getting new set points. I've spent so much time around 205 that my body seems to stay there fairly easy, it took 6 weeks of me being sick and not eating much to drop into the 190s. as soon as I started working out again and eating normal I gained like 18lbs in a month. Now it seems like I'm hanging on at 210. IL probably push a little more food for the next 2 weeks and then somewhere in between adding the eq and npp should shoot me to 218-220, maybe a little more, fairly easy and this is where I'm assuming IL need to really start pounding food