Tony & Paul Workouts

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Shoulders 41 - Thursday 11th April 2019

Shoulder workout went well, my strength seems to have gone up due to the dumbbells feeling a lot lighter for shoulder press, we have plans to buy a few more pairs to add to our gym and still deciding on what the next piece of equipment will be to add to the newest extension, smith machine shoulder press was slightly harder so i went a little lighter, me and Tony also performed a drop set for our last exercise front delt raises to fully exhaust the shoulders to finish off our workout.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 227 - Friday 12th April 2019

Leg session went well, Tony normally works early Friday afternoons so this workout was shortened like last weeks to include leg press, machine squats, leg extensions and seated leg curls. The workout went well and i added on a 4th set to leg press and machine squats to add in more volume due to this being a shorter workout. My strength was feeling good for this workout on machine squats but the leg press caused crunching in my left knee and slight pain so i used lighter weight than usual. This was supposed to be a fasting day but we were starving after the workout so both eat a range of high protein bars to aid with recovery after this workout and improve our mood.

Today has been a complete fasting day which will go through to early Sunday morning prior to our high carb refeed. so will be a 36-38 hour fast which is not as extreme as last week's 60+ hour fast.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 112 - Saturday 13th April 2019

Back workout went well, strength was really good for both of us despite training fasted, i do feel the protein bars from the day prior to this workout aided with my energy levels, we both did not have any intense hunger pains but my stomach was rumbling through most of the night and my sleep quality is always crap on Saturdays. We used the smith machine for rowing due to it being easier to set up and got the dumbbell rowing and smith machine rowing out of the way at the start of the workout and then moved on to pull ups, low rowing and narrow grip pulldowns, i removed abdominal work to speed up the workout. Overall it went well and the dumbbells felt good for single arm rows.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 14th April 2019 Weight Update For The Week - Week 5 Off Intense Cutting Phase

End of Week 15/10 Cutting Phase or 5th Week Off Intense Cutting Phase - 5 weeks over what we were aiming for but we have eaten more again this week. Me & Tony fasted for all of Saturday or Yesterday - we are still fasted as i am typing this for around 40 hours straight through.

Paul (ME) 14 St 0.75 Lbs or 196.75 Lbs i gained 2.25 lbs this week, my midsection looks leaner this week compared to last, abs looked fuller and blockier according to Tony.), the callipers measurements indicated a tiny loss of -0.01% body fat but +0.07 Lbs fat was gained this week which is minimal, my lean body mass has increased +2.18 Lbs this week which is noticeable due to me gaining mass on my chest, shoulders, legs, arms and back. *Overall a progressive week due to me gaining more lean muscle mass and having a slight increase in strength which has made my workouts easier to get through.

Tony 11St 1.75 Lbs or 155.75 Lbs +1.25 Lbs up from last week, the callipers indicated a gain of +0.86% body fat, a gain of +1.42 Lbs of fat and a slight loss of -0.17 Lbs of lean body mass. Tony is looking decent this week but the Flu has taken a slight toll on his overall condition and i feel thrown the measurements off a little and had a negative impact on his workouts this week. Next week will be more progressive.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 228 - Sunday 14th & Monday 15th April 2019

Legs workouts went well, strength was not too bad but my left knee did give me a little trouble with pain on front squats which prevented me from going as heavy, instead i reduced the weight of my last set by around 17 lbs and added an extra 5 reps to perform 15 reps for my last set which i felt more with a slight burn. Hack squats were not too bad and leg extensions went easy, the next workout was much better for hamstrings and calves and i was able to go heavier than usual for seated calf raises which is an improvement from last week. Tony has now come down with a chest infection so is on antibiotics like i was 2 weeks back to clear it up, this has been making it harder for him to train properly.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 87 - Tuesday 16th April 2019

Chest workout went well, strength has increased for me this week as i was able to go back upto 3 plates per side for my last 2 sets of flat bar bench press and maintain 10 reps which i am happy with, i maintained the same weight for all of the other exercises and Tony had a decent workout despite suffering from a chest infection. We have been eating more calories e.g. averaging around 1900-2500 per day vs our usual 1200-1300 when dieting on very low calories which has been helping to improve our workout performance levels, my weight has gone up around 5-6 lbs since the end of the fat loss phase but i am stronger which is great, Tony has also increased in weight and also been gaining more muscle but his condition is being affected by the chest infection. We have this week and next week to keep eating a little more food and have a few high calorie days before we go straight into another cutting phase for summer, this time we are planning on 30 days straight with no refeeds or carb ups to see how we end up looking before deciding if we want to push further to drop more body fat depending on how the cut goes.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Arms 72 - Wednesday 17th April 2019

Back and Arms workout week 3/3 went well, strength was decent and we were both able to get a great pump due to eating carbs prior to this workout, we have been having more higher carb days over the past 3-4 weeks which will change the week after next as we go into another intense fat loss based phase.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Shoulders 42 - Thursday 18th April 2019

Shoulder workout week 3/3 went great, my strength seems to have been increasing which i feel is due to eating carbs every 3-4 days and also having between 2100-3100 calories max per day all from high protein based foods and bars that are low in sugar and carbs which i try to stick with for most of the week.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 229 - Friday 19th April 2019

Leg workout went good but my left knee still felt a little sore when performing unilateral leg press which limited how heavy i could go and is the reason i tend to support my knee with my hand for the left leg, other than this the workout went very well and we even added in thigh adductor work due to missing it out earlier in the week when performing back and arms with calves.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 113 - Saturday 20th April 2019

The back workout went very well, both me and Tony were feeling strong today and had a progressive workout, i also tend to feel my lats and upper back work more when performing smith machine rows which is why we chose to perform them again this week, we will be performing the back workout in our gym every saturday for the foreseeable future which are more intense back workouts that should aid with our development.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 230 - Sunday 21st & Monday 22nd April 2019

Leg workouts went well, i am very happy due to my strength being back on the increase making front squats feel much easier, i was also able to use 520Kgs on the leg press in another local gym for 10 reps after completing this filmed workout which was not recorded along with many other sets of leg extensions, seated leg curls, smith deadlifts and calves on the leg press machine.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - FOOD - ReFeed Day 87 - Monday 22nd April 2019

Mondays high calorie day, moved to the monday due to me working a 7 hour shift in the gym on the Sunday which would have prevented me from eating, it was also easter sunday so hardly anyone turned up to workout.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 88 - Tuesday 23rd April 2019

Chest workout went very well, strength is again on the increase for me and Tony which made this an easy workout, this was the first week back on the heavy dumbbells for bench press and i was noticeably stronger in comparison to using them last month.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Shoulders 76 - Wednesday 24th April 2019

Back and Shoulders Week 1/3, we used the awkward shoulder press machine for pressing and usual pec deck and side lateral machines for flyes, we have also have gone back to pull-ups over hammer strength machine pulldowns for the next 3 weeks. We had to rush this workout due to time constraints, so kept the pace up but used slightly less weight for most exercises but still had a progressive workout.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Arms 40 - Thursday 25th April 2019

Good arms workout, strength was decent for both me and Tony.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 231 - Friday 26th April 2019

Legs workout up the bigger gym went well, strength was still good.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 114 - Saturday - 27th April 2019

Back workout went really good, both of us used more weight for wide grip barbell rows which will probably be the most we use for a while due to us going back into a fat loss phase.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 232 - Sunday 28th & Monday 29th April 2019

Quad and Hamstring workouts both went very well, strength is still good for me probably due to me being at a heavy weight of around 206-208 lbs prior to carbing up and then upto a max of 219-220 lbs on the monday after our higher calorie day.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 89 - Tuesday 30th April 2019

Chest workout went great, the heavier dumbbells felt easier for me to press which is great due to them being harder to use for the past 2 months, me and Tony have both started another intense very low calorie fat loss dieting phase, this week we have been sticking to just 770-800 calories per day from mainly protein with minimal carbs and fat, this is now day 4 and energy levels seem to be decent.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Shoulders 77 - Wednesday 1st May 2019

Back and Shoulders workout went well, my left shoulder did not feel the best with pull ups though and right lat felt odd on pulldowns so i did not push as hard throughout this workout, my body seems to be more sore this week due to being on very low calories and my mood quality has dropped.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Arms 41 - Thursday 2nd May 2019

Arms workout was great, my strength was up from last weeks workout despite this being the 4th day of really low calories, me and Tony are both still working out in a fasted state as usual which seems to be working well enough to allow for us to have productive training sessions.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 233 - Friday 3rd May 2019

Progressive workout, strength was good despite us both running on around 770-800 calories per day mainly from protein due to carrying out another cutting phase.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 115 - Saturday 4th May 2019

Strength was still good for this workout, we are both finding that our energy levels are good enough for the workout but after training it is harder to function on a day to day basis, just walking around is harder due the extreme caloric deficit but i did lose 4.25 lbs this week and Tony lost around 3 lbs in one week.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 234 - Sunday 5th & Monday 6th May 2019

Leg workouts went well, strength was on the up this week for front squats which felt easier than last week despite being on 770-800 calories all week, no carb ups this week, we were performing them every 3rd day or twice per week and eating upto 2800-3400 calories max from protein based foods on the other days, we are aiming to go 20 days straight like last time back in January before having our 1st refeed.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 90 - Tuesday 7th May 2019

The chest workout went ok, not the best due to me feeling lethargic and weak today probably from the 2-10pm gym shift last night after my hamstring and calf workout on only 770-800 calories which is very low for me, i will aim to push until Sunday on this low caloric intake before weighing in and then adding in another 400+ calories from protein powders which i feel will make me feel a little better and improve my mood and energy levels, me and Tony have both started adding in Omega 3 Fish Oils at a dose of 6 softgels per day from Monday 6th and may up the dose to 8-10 per day if needed. (I have a target weight of 14 stone or 196 lbs to hit before assessing the quality of my body before deciding if i want to lose another 7-10 lbs to become leaner for the summer season.) i was around 14st 8 Sunday just gone, so i still have 8 lbs to lose before meeting my target.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Shoulders 78 - Wednesday 8th May 2019

Back and Shoulders workout 3/3 went ok, strength was still decent but energy levels were really low and i did not really enjoy this workout, for the past 10 days we have been running on 770-800 calories straight which is too low and i felt even worse today, so i decided to add in another 120 grams of mixed whey and casein to add in an additional 400+ calories brining mine and Tony's totals to 1222 calories per day which has already made us feel better.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Arms 42 - Thursday 9th May 2019

Arms workout week 3/3 was hard today, my energy levels were terrible and i found it hard to just move around in work which made the cardiobells kettlebell class harder for me to instruct, due to work performance being affected and my workout being very hard to complete today i have decided from today - day 11 of the intense cut me and Tony are having an extra 400 odd calories per day from 120 grams more protein powder adding just over 90 grams of protein to our intake increasing it from 130 odd to around 227 grams of protein per day which i feel is required due to carbs being around 30 grams from the protein and broccoli with our 1 meal per day and the fat being at around 20 grams per day which is very low, but does work to allow for us to shift fat fast.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 235 - Friday 10th May 2019

Last weeks leg workout went well, strength was quite good due to me and Tony both upping our protein intake by around 93 grams per day adding in almost 450 calories bringing our daily totals to 1222 from around 770-800 which was way too low.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 116 - Saturday 11th May 2019

Back workout went well, strength was not as high as the week prior but still good enough to have a productive session.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 236 - Sunday 12th & Monday 13th May 2019

Quad + Hamstring and Calf workouts went well strength was improved for this workout and it was great, we even added in some smith machine back squats due to this being week 1/3 of legs and for all of our workouts. - we were planning on having our high calorie day the following Sunday but had one Sunday 12th due to feeling depleted, Tony wanted to skip this weeks, end of week 3 one and go to week 4 but i feel we have made enough progress to add in another high calorie day, we are aiming to focus on very high protein this Sunday and clean carbohydrates whilst limiting fat gain, we will also use Defuse, a GDA and Chitosan and consume the food after our intense quadricep workout.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 91 - Tuesday 14th May 2019

Chest workout was decent, strength is coming back up allowing for me to use 3 plates per side for my decline bench press, we completed 5 sets of decline bench press and then lowered it to 3 sets for heavy dumbbell press compared to the usual 4 sets of both.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Arms 73 - Wednesday 15th May 2019

Back and Arms workout week 1/3 went quite well, strength was OK, we did feel good and were able to get a pretty decent pump.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jebus I wish I could get half as consistent as y'all with banging plates.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Shoulders 43 - Thursday 16th May 2019

Shoulder workout was quite good, decent strength levels for both of us.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 237 - Friday 17th May 2019

Leg workout went well, strength was quite good but a little off for this session which made it a little harder to get through, i was still able to use decent weight for leg press and we completed 9 sets of leg extensions compared to our normal 5 which was a slight change to the workout.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 117 - Saturday 18th May 2019

Back workout completed in our gym which is a new change to be carried out every saturday to save travelling to the bigger gym on weekends, my strength levels were feeling lower for this session so i was unable to push very hard, we then had a high carbohydrate day on Sunday 19th after training quads fasted which was cleaner than our normal days and i managed to hit 810 grams of protein which i think is the most that i have ever consumed in one day.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 238 - Sunday 19th & Monday 20th May 2019

Quadricep and Hamstring + Calf workouts went well, my strength was slightly higher for this workout, but i did consume 700+ mgs of caffeine 30 minutes prior to the quad session which is what it takes in order for me to obtain a decent boost in strength levels, we also had another very high calorie day last Sunday and i consumed 810+ grams of protein which i think is the most i have consumed on one of the high calorie days. I always feel great when carbing up on the Sunday and the day after Monday, Tuesday was also a good chest workout before feeling real lethargic for the Wednesday Back & Arms Workout, Thursdays Shoulder Workout went well and my strength levels were very good but todays Leg Session was a struggle so we pushed the calories for today from 1222 to 1480 from adding in extra protein which is not a massive increase in calories but just enough to make us both feel a little better. I feel that these cutting phases on very low calories are becoming harder as i gain more mass so i may need to reassess and increase the calories a little.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 92 - Tuesday 21st May 2019

Chest workout at the beginning of this week went great, my strength levels were higher which made the heavy dumbbells easier to press, i feel energy levels were a little higher due to the higher calorie day on the Sunday prior to this workout. Today was another off day and i felt very lethargic so will probably increase the calories again tomorrow depending on how i feel, may have another high calorie, high protein day if body fat has come down again this week and if i am looking allot better, will decide with Tony tomorrow morning.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Arms 74 - Wednesday 22nd May 2019

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Shoulders 44 - Thursday 23rd May 2019

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 239 - Friday 24th May 2019

Good legs workout, but both of us were feeling a little depleted and low on energy due to the carbohydrates being lower as part of this fat loss phase.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 118 - Saturday 25th May 2019

Both of us were strong for this workout and it went well, energy levels seem to be down one day and then better the other lately. Also Wednesdays always seem to be a very hard workout which i feel is when the carbs are burned through from the high day on Sundays.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 240 - Sunday 26th & Monday 27th May 2019

Great quadricep workout on Sunday which was performed in a fasted state, i did use 900 mgs of caffeine prior to the workout which is higher than normal which allowed for me to get 15 reps on my last set of front squats with a weight i have only been managing 10 with so this is a major improvement, i was also stronger on machine back squats, the calf and hamstring workout was also decent and we completed it in around 30 minutes compared to our usual 45, we seem to be training faster lately even though we are using the same weights and performing the same reps.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 93 - Tuesday 28th May 2019

Chest workout went well, strength levels are coming back up slowly which i feel is due to the high protein day on Sundays, we have made an effort to clean up our high calorie days which has resulted in more protein and carbs with less fat which represents more of a refeed compared to an all out cheat day which is allowing for us to recomp slightly.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Arms 75 - Wednesday 29th May 2019

Back and Arms workout went well today, my strength seems to be on the increase whilst Tony is maintaining strength levels, this fat loss phase seems to be more like a recomp because we seem to have slight fat loss some weeks with muscle gain others whilst minimizing fat gain which is allowing for us to improve our physiques.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been busy as heck at work. I need to get caught up. looks like you guys are still killing it.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Shoulders 45 - Thursday 30th May 2019

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 119 - Saturday 1st June 2019

paul56778

paul56778